Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Daniel Craig: I want to quit 007

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Daniel Craig: I want to quit 007 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Daniel Craig: I want to quit 007 - 8/11/2012 10:45:21 PM   
manwihtheplan

If this is true - and it is The Sun (!) - it's a shame Craig feels the way he does..

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/film/4633187/daniel-craig-wants-to-quit-james-bond-movies.html

I can't stand the guy as Bond (seems a decent enough bloke, though) but if this is true it would have been nice for him to have shown a little more gratitude. Without Bond he'd be just another actor with less fame and fortune. Someone on another site said there is another source for this 'news' so who knows, it might be true. If this is true I wonder if it will come back to haunt him and damage the potential Bond office for Bonds 24 and 25 (which is he alleged to be signed up to do).
Post #: 1
RE: Daniel Craig: I want to quit 007 - 8/11/2012 10:48:25 PM   
rich

The source is clearly a pile of crap. I wouldn't rate The Sun much either.

(in reply to manwihtheplan)
Post #: 2
RE: Daniel Craig: I want to quit 007 - 8/11/2012 10:49:11 PM   
Deviation

It's The Sun so the source is dubious. I could click it to check what it claims he said, but I refuse to click on The Sun.

Oh and Craig, while not a big name, was a considerable name and I can't see why he should show gratitude. At least two Bond actors have shown contempt for their role as Bond actors. I don't see why he should be any different. One did it by fucking up what was built up in the previous film, acting horrifically and not even care about weight.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

Post #: 3
RE: Daniel Craig: I want to quit 007 - 8/11/2012 10:49:35 PM   
elab49

This is the 4th thread. Could you please stop refreshing or whatever it is you're doing? 

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 4
RE: Daniel Craig: I want to quit 007 - 8/11/2012 10:50:19 PM   
elab49

On the story, isn't this the same one they run every month on Dr Who but changing the character? 

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 5
RE: Daniel Craig: I want to quit 007 - 8/11/2012 10:58:13 PM   
MonsterCat

What a specious pile of wank. If he's been desperate to get out of it since day one why did he choose to lengthen his contract?

Did Cool Breeze write this piece?

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 6
RE: Daniel Craig: I want to quit 007 - 9/11/2012 11:18:27 AM   
Dannybohy

I really hope its true, I admire him for realizing the obvious.

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

Post #: 7
RE: Daniel Craig: I want to quit 007 - 9/11/2012 11:29:31 AM   
giggity

Jesus, anyone with a modicum of intelligence would see this is bollocks. Craig was just the other day saying how he wants to get right onto the next one and if he feels he can still do the action then another one after that because he doesn't want to be like Roger Moore in A view to a Kill.

He's had a big hand in making Skyfall what it was, you don't do that if you want to get out of the films as soon as you signed the contract.

Morons.

Post #: 8
RE: Daniel Craig: I want to quit 007 - 9/11/2012 12:00:42 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

He added: ďIíve been trying to get out of this from the very moment I got into it.

ďBut they wonít let me go, and Iíve agreed to do a couple more.

ďBut letís see how this one does, because business is business and if the s*** goes down, Iíve got a contract that somebody will happily wipe their ass with.Ē

=======================================================================

IF he did say this then I'm more than certain he is just joking around.

(in reply to giggity)
Post #: 9
RE: Daniel Craig: I want to quit 007 - 9/11/2012 12:06:57 PM   
Cool Breeze

Even I wouldnt post a nonsense article like this.Its clear that like him or loathe him, Craig is happily commited to another few Bonds.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 10
RE: Daniel Craig: I want to quit 007 - 9/11/2012 6:16:59 PM   
jobloffski

Read the same article from different papers (Have blocked the guy who started the thread but the reaction to his post makes it obvious he's banging the same drum that made me block him).

Story seems to be, after the reaction to QOS Craig wanted out for a bit, Studio insisted not, due to contractual obligation, and should Skyfall have bombed, the contract would have been one that the studio could render worthless, so, in other words, Craig's contract amounts to something someone could wipe their ass with, if the films starring Craig went south moneywise.

Being completely factual, such state of affairs apparently has to be twisted in CRAIG WANTS/WANTED TO QUIT' sensationalised bullshit that is presented as a story (it isn't) and current or something Craig said a while ago, depending on the rag you see it in.

For the benefit of idiots, Craig wasn't saying as far as he is concerned someone could wipe their ass with his contract at all, or being ungrateful, just acknowledging that it was as good as toilet paper in terms of security for him in the job to people in a position to invoke clauses that required the films to be a certain level of successful for the contract to be honoured by the studio.

< Message edited by jobloffski -- 9/11/2012 6:18:49 PM >

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Daniel Craig: I want to quit 007 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI