Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Man Of Steel Will Fly In 3D

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Man Of Steel Will Fly In 3D Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Man Of Steel Will Fly In 3D - 8/11/2012 10:05:38 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 8/11/2012 10:05:38 AM   
film man aidy

Oh joy. Crappy 3-D. Again. So long as some cinemas actually do bother with 2-D showings(unlike Dredd), I'll catch this. A proper trailer would be nice...

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: - 8/11/2012 10:42:20 AM   
Dannybohy

yey!! another movie I WONT be watching in 3D!! seriously , i thought this whole 3D thing would've gone out of fashion by now

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to film man aidy)
Post #: 3
Excellent! I WILL be watching it in 3D. - 8/11/2012 11:08:13 AM   
Nicky C

I really like 3D, especially IMAX 3D. Bad 3D is distracting but good 3D is great. But what's really, truly stupid is complaining about the mere existence of 3D just because you don't dig it yourself. That's like saying 'I don't like salt on my food, so I'm going to throw a tantrum if I even see it on the table'. If you don't want it then don't have it and shut up. You are literally complaining about something you don't even use. How much of a moron can you possibly be? Douchebags.

Post #: 4
RE: - 8/11/2012 11:13:03 AM   
jmebaby25

quote:

ORIGINAL: film man aidy

Oh joy. Crappy 3-D. Again. So long as some cinemas actually do bother with 2-D showings(unlike Dredd), I'll catch this. A proper trailer would be nice...

My thoughts exactly. I was really annoyed that Dredd was unavailable in 2D. The 3D in the film was really poor. Even films which have put real time and effort into the 3D (Avatar & Prometheus) have disappointed me. I've yet to find one where I haven't preferred the 2D version. Granted, I hear that Hugo makes good use of it, but I've not seen it yet.

I make the world wide web a little prettier.
www.hoylandwebdesign.com

(in reply to film man aidy)
Post #: 5
RE: RE: - 8/11/2012 11:25:22 AM   
Wild about Wilder

So given his dislike for the format obviously Nolan wont be having as much input as we 1st thought then?

(in reply to jmebaby25)
Post #: 6
RE: Excellent! I WILL be watching it in 3D. - 8/11/2012 12:57:01 PM   
waltham1979

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nicky C

I really like 3D, especially IMAX 3D. Bad 3D is distracting but good 3D is great. But what's really, truly stupid is complaining about the mere existence of 3D just because you don't dig it yourself. That's like saying 'I don't like salt on my food, so I'm going to throw a tantrum if I even see it on the table'. If you don't want it then don't have it and shut up. You are literally complaining about something you don't even use. How much of a moron can you possibly be? Douchebags.

Possibly tone down the insults...maybe??

I don't think anyone is complaining about the existence of 3D, personally I'm not a fan of it (I think it takes you out of the enjoyment of the film) and my 11 year old son can't watch anything 3D as he suffers from really bad motion sickness but each to their own.

Think the problem arrises is that if, for example like me, you live near a cinema the size of a show box that very rarely shows both 3D and 2D versions of a film you end up missing it at the cinema (for example Dredd) as they will only show the 3D version of it.

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting

(in reply to Nicky C)
Post #: 7
Will be avoiding the 3D... - 8/11/2012 1:10:31 PM   
Revstar

...and I greatly suspect that it will not have actually been filmed in IMAX, given the comparative lateness of this announcement, which really renders the whole effort of going to the IMAX rather pointless, as I found with Inception.

Post #: 8
Why 3D is crap - 8/11/2012 4:20:13 PM   
ericcoyle

There are actually good reasons to despise 3D. First off the tone and colour degradation. I believe one of the guys who worked on Toy Story said you lose up to 30% of the image quality. Secondly you have to wear glasses to help consolidate the image. This is because the brain is trying to marry what is actually more than one viewpoint but it can't do it with real accuracy. The result is a slightly blurred image with a lack of sharp contrasting edges and degraded image detail. Everything is slightly out of focus which can be particularly annoying when you have a heightened sense of perspective and spacial awareness ( I can't sit anywhere too far away from the centre of a cinema screen because of this, otherwise it annoys the hell out of me). Finally, the 3D claim is a scam because what you actually get is a series of flat planes, one in front of the other, a bit like one of those bubble gum 3D cards you used to get. Each plane is in fact two dimensional, merely giving the impression of 3D. When I went to see Avatar I kept thinking the bloke in front of me was going to the loo and I kept trying to look round him to see the screen, realising it was in fact someone in the foreground of the camera shot. 3D is rubbish because overall what you gain is less than what you lose. I really wanted to see the textures of the creatures in avatar but couldn't quite focus on it. For my money digital projection is far superior and, after the event , memory translates what you have seen anyway. It's like when you think of a black and white film but seem to remember it in colour.
Think about this. How many times during the trailer for the last Pirates of the Carribean film did some one point their sword right at the camera. Desperately unimaginative directors use 3D to mask the fact their films are crap. And would the Godfather be a better film if it was in 3D? I think not.

Post #: 9
What's 3-D? - 8/11/2012 6:17:50 PM   
nybras

I've never considered seeing a movie in 3-D, what's the point?!
As long as production is good, solid script and bloody good acting and no overloaded with cgi you got a good movie. Minimal in all aspects.

Post #: 10
RE: Excellent! I WILL be watching it in 3D. - 9/11/2012 12:44:38 AM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nicky C

Funny how you talk about tantrums and then follow it up with a tirade in which you call people morons and douchebags. You've never been able to process negative opinions on 3D in anything resembling an adult manner, have you?

Way to get your point across in a civil manner, sport.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 9/11/2012 12:50:39 AM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Nicky C)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Man Of Steel Will Fly In 3D Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI