Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Sean Connery Was Considered For Skyfall

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Sean Connery Was Considered For Skyfall Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sean Connery Was Considered For Skyfall - 7/11/2012 6:51:08 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 7/11/2012 6:51:08 PM   
clarkkent

I'm glad this didn't happen. It would have been weird, crossing the streams like that.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: - 7/11/2012 7:04:44 PM   
Scruffybobby

It's a good thing this didn't happen. As awesome as the idea of a Connery cameo would have been - especially in the Finney role. It would have killed the film. Would have been great to hear Big Tam call Craig a "jumped up little shit" though.

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

(in reply to clarkkent)
Post #: 3
RE: RE: - 7/11/2012 7:31:04 PM   
matty_b

Thank god that didn't happen.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 4
RE: RE: - 7/11/2012 8:01:45 PM   
musht

I'm also glad this didn't happen although I think they should have got an actor who would at least attempt a Scottish accent

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 5
- 7/11/2012 9:17:22 PM   
Boringbond

He was in a cameo role. I was there at Greenwich College, but they chopped the whole funeral scene. As it was Connery's birthday, the american AD thought it would be funny if we all burst out laughing as the hearse's went past during one take. We duly did, it was not funny and Mr Connery wasn't impressed. I thought it would have been a strange thing to do, mixing past and present.

In the end, what a poor letdown of a film that couldn't even see the basic plot line carried through! What happened to the HDD that went missing? Nobody seems to care...

Post #: 6
Love you Empire... - 8/11/2012 9:13:37 AM   
waltham1979

...but I never like these stories; its a bit like when I go home from work occasionally and I say to the other half "Hey I was going to buy you some flowers but I didn't in the end" expecting a thanks...her usually reply is "Hey I would have given you the good love tonight if you had done that, but I wont have to in the end now". Seems a bit pointless??

Post #: 7
Why not consider him cameo as the old 007? - 8/11/2012 9:46:00 AM   
Cameron1975Williams

That's something they should do with the story. Reference the fact that Craig's character isn't the first man to be 007. I think it would be fun to see a cameo from any of the other Bond's. Maybe have a scene in Craig's last movie where he hands over the baton to the new guy.

Post #: 8
RE: Why not consider him cameo as the old 007? - 8/11/2012 10:28:31 PM   
Cool Breeze

Pity it didn't happen.Would have been fun to see James Bond in a James Bond movie again.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Cameron1975Williams)
Post #: 9
RE: Sean Connery Was Considered For Skyfall - 9/11/2012 12:09:31 AM   
Darth Marenghi

I'm disappointed it was even considered. Thank goodness Mendes was able to get his way, reading between the lines it sounds like a producer's idea not his own.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 10
Nobody Does It Better - 9/11/2012 4:08:56 AM   
BenTramer

I've often thought there could be a scenario where someone is bumping off all the double-0 agents and Daniel Craig goes to warn Sean Connery. Cut to the golf course, Connery takes his shot, looks up, sees Daniel Craig and says: "What do YOU want?" That would be amusing, then you could have some banter between them, but I think Connery is done with movies. He had such a bad experience on League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, it ruined movies for him and I hate director Stephen Norrington for that.

Post #: 11
Finishing In - 26/11/2012 8:30:51 PM   
Preben Kjaerulff

When I saw the movie here in Denmark, it actually occured to me in the cinema chair how brilliant it would have been, if exactly Sean Connery had this role.
It would be the finishing line on a great movie with a string of references back in time. What a Shame! - but I undertand, that Connery dos'nt want any cooperation with the producers...

Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Sean Connery Was Considered For Skyfall Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI