Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: World War Z

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: World War Z Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: World War Z - 14/11/2012 1:31:42 PM   
Keyser Sozzled

I think if you have read the book you are likely to be disappointed with the trailer due to the insane levels of brilliance of the book. If you are yet to read it then the trailer comes across fairly okay as a standard Z flick.

I have no idea who any of them are, apart from Terry Pratchett who I know has got a beard and keeps going on about killing himself but never does.

(in reply to Drone)
Post #: 31
RE: World War Z - 15/11/2012 8:05:04 AM   
dghwood

I definitely have Post Trailer Depression,

I am a massive fan of the book, and yes I can imagine that translating the book to film would be really hard. But I had hopes which have been dashed.

I'll probably still go and watch the film lets be honest but they should have just dropped the link with WWZ, this is basically just I am Legend all over again. Hollywood just wants to focus on the celebrity rather than the story.

Maybe Im being too harsh, its possible that they have very cleverly constructed a story of a single person which happens to bump into the story line of the rest of the characters in the book.

fingers crossed but hopes dashed.

Duncan,
Website designer and persistent film recommender
www.whatfilmtowatch.co.uk
What Film To Watch

(in reply to Keyser Sozzled)
Post #: 32
RE: World War Z - 15/11/2012 8:15:19 AM   
jonson

I'm, hoping we are all pleasantly surprised. there are so many cool sequences in the book that could easily translate within the film, even if it does (seem to) centre around Brad Pitts escape/Yonkers.
I always found the different ways different nations dealt with the Zombie plague to be unique (for a Zombie book) eg North Korea (all 20+ million of them) basically hiding underground and completely dissapearing.

If I remember rightly, doesn't our very own Queen refuse to leave Windsor Castle? I remember thinking at the time "yeah, go Queen"
C'mon, she briefly appeared in the Olympics ceremony with James Bond, let's have her at the front gates of Windsor Castle blasting zombies, with Prince Philip behind her uttering something un zombie PC.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to dghwood)
Post #: 33
RE: World War Z - 15/11/2012 11:00:43 AM   
Timon

The thing is I heard it's been planned as a trilogy, so we might not see any of that as they may hold it back for the next film. So if it tanks, we will never see it. Christ, I hate it when studios try to franchise everything.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 34
RE: World War Z - 16/11/2012 1:00:59 PM   
Dead Mike

Haven't there been reports that this is a mess with re-writes/reshoots & the studio trying to cobble together a coherant film?

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 35
RE: World War Z - 16/11/2012 1:50:30 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dead Mike

Haven't there been reports that this is a mess with re-writes/reshoots & the studio trying to cobble together a coherant film?

I did a quick search but only found a Screen rant article whose source seems to be our very own oracle of information, the Daily Mail.

As mentioned at the start of that article I found,  re-shoots and the 6 month push in release date are not things to be concerned about on their own. Star Trek had a similar change, as it was initially supposed to be a Christmas release. No doubt the studio took one look at the finished film and realized it could more than hold its own during the summer season. Perhaps that is what's happened here… perhaps

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Dead Mike)
Post #: 36
RE: World War Z - 16/11/2012 9:54:32 PM   
UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: pete_traynor

Perhaps that is what's happened here… perhaps

Nope... still shooting

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3203697/world-war-z-apparently-still-shooting-new-pics-from-set/

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 37
RE: World War Z - 18/11/2012 11:07:54 AM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: pete_traynor

Perhaps that is what's happened here… perhaps

Nope... still shooting

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3203697/world-war-z-apparently-still-shooting-new-pics-from-set/

Oh dear!

And that link led me to this one too:

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3153742/world-war-z-filmmaker-marc-forster-headed-to-directors-jail-after-feud-with-brad-pitt/

Is starting to sound like there may be trouble in paradise. Surprised that Pitt fought to have this director too. After QoS I wouldn't have let him anywhere near it

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 38
RE: World War Z - 22/11/2012 1:19:09 PM   
dghwood

Thanks for the link, I think this whole movie was a bit of a mess from the start.
I mean if Brad Pitt is having trouble with the director he fought for then definitely there are no high hopes.

Anyone heard what Max Brooks has to say on the matter?

Duncan,
Website designer and persistent film recommender
www.whatfilmtowatch.co.uk
What Film To Watch

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 39
RE: World War Z - 5/12/2012 5:21:17 AM   
Joserabal

World war Z is an upcoming American horror movie..........

It is based on same name Novel World war Z and It is directed by Marc Forster .

(in reply to Drone)
Post #: 40
RE: World War Z - 25/3/2013 5:12:04 PM   
Brundlesflies

Am quite looking forward to this, based on trailers so far.

OK, it looks like it's got sweet f.a. to do with the original (fantastic) book, but to be honest I don't see how that would have translated to film all that, it's just too episodic. Even as a TV series it would have been all over the place - and I think would have suffered in comparison with Walking Dead.

"The Daily Mail isn't technically a newspaper, more a serialised Necronomicon." C. Brooker
My DVD's

(in reply to Joserabal)
Post #: 41
RE: World War Z - 27/3/2013 11:30:42 AM   
Timon

I bet this won't have anything that made the book so horrific - like the Redeker Plan.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Brundlesflies)
Post #: 42
RE: World War Z - 2/4/2013 1:09:51 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Trailer looks cool, i like the FX and it's in 3D, so count me in!

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 43
RE: World War Z - 3/4/2013 1:24:15 PM   
Whistler

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brundlesflies

Am quite looking forward to this, based on trailers so far.

OK, it looks like it's got sweet f.a. to do with the original (fantastic) book, but to be honest I don't see how that would have translated to film all that, it's just too episodic. Even as a TV series it would have been all over the place - and I think would have suffered in comparison with Walking Dead.

You're not wrong; it was always going to be difficult to translate a book like this, but is that any reason for them to totally fuck up the zombies? One of the first things Max Brooks makes clear is his interpretation of a zombie: "a moaning, shuffling corpse" (I'm paraphrasing but it's something along those lines), not hording, super-fast bus-tippers. Every shot of them just looks naff with completely soulless CGI.

I'm trying to reserve full judgement until I see the full thing, but I'm apprehensive, to say the least.

(in reply to Brundlesflies)
Post #: 44
RE: World War Z - 10/4/2013 3:49:30 PM   
CamLiza

Honestly, this looks like a steaming pile to me.

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 45
RE: World War Z - 15/5/2013 8:48:19 PM   
Whistler

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2013/03/world-war-z-pitt-and-forster.jpg

Who's the director again?

< Message edited by Whistler -- 15/5/2013 8:53:05 PM >

(in reply to CamLiza)
Post #: 46
RE: World War Z - 16/5/2013 1:27:10 AM   
rich

quote:

ORIGINAL: CamLiza

Honestly, this looks like a steaming pile to me.

Don't hold back say what you really think

... though I can't disagree

Meanwhile...

(in reply to CamLiza)
Post #: 47
RE: World War Z - 24/5/2013 10:22:33 AM   
Drew_231

Interestingly, IGN have just put up an initial reaction after seeing the film, and its quite positive

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/23/we-have-seen-world-war-z

I'm not wild about their opinions on film but for someone who is actually looking forward to it, this is encouraging

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 48
RE: World War Z - 24/5/2013 10:23:53 AM   
Dannybohy

Tornadoes of Zombies and Brad Pitt! what's not to like!! ??

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to Drew_231)
Post #: 49
RE: World War Z - 24/5/2013 10:25:39 AM   
Whistler

There's been quite a bit of positive buzz around it, which is surprising. It still looks rubbish, but I'll keep an open mind.

(in reply to Drew_231)
Post #: 50
RE: World War Z - 28/5/2013 11:26:39 AM   
adamthehorrorfan

I saw the trailer once and I am tempted to watch it. Although it is PG-13 in the U.S., which means I can't expect a gore fest. :( Expecting a 12A or the highest would be a 15 here.

I guess I will have to wait and see how it is.

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 51
RE: World War Z - 3/6/2013 11:25:42 PM   
adamthehorrorfan

Looks like it will get a 15 here, which is not so bad. Perhaps we could expect some decent gore, but nothing like in Romero's films, Fulci's films or The Walking Dead series. As those are at 18 material.

http://www.empirecinemas.co.uk/?page=synopsis&filmid=3553

< Message edited by adamthehorrorfan -- 3/6/2013 11:27:09 PM >
Post #: 52
RE: World War Z - 5/6/2013 8:49:50 PM   
adamthehorrorfan

Confirmed as a 15 by the BBFC. I thought to post this because my previous post was still during the time when it was TBC I think.

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/world-war-z-0

< Message edited by adamthehorrorfan -- 5/6/2013 8:53:04 PM >

(in reply to adamthehorrorfan)
Post #: 53
RE: World War Z - 22/6/2013 10:50:09 AM   
Willy Wood

Found this film a little flat, the human interest or basic storyline wasn't there for my liking consequently I didn't really care about the characters or there plight, the fx were ok but really the whole thing felt a little flat. 6/10.

(in reply to adamthehorrorfan)
Post #: 54
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: World War Z Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI