Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

World War Z

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> World War Z Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
World War Z - 6/11/2012 9:53:42 AM   
Titanm21

I did a search for WWZ on here and nothing, but Mods if I’m wrong let me know.

Right anyone saw the 40 odd second footage is up. From what I have seen they have totally missed the point of the book. The Book by the way which is one of my favourites so I’m kinda gutted to see what they have done here.

Running swarming Zombies like the Matrix Sentinals… No Thanks

www.TrailerHouseMusings@Blogspot.com

Join us for all the latest trailers in the world of Gaming, TV and Movies [also Facebook and Twitter]
Post #: 1
RE: World War Z - 6/11/2012 2:50:27 PM   
jonson

I saw the footage and I've read the book (about 4 or 5 years ago now though)
Anything Zombie is OK with me personally I thought the sneak preview looked great. From what I remembered of the book though, it seemed prety unfilmable for me. More like a narrated documentary. It wsn't really a "story", more an historical account of the Zombie war and the aftermath. Even reading it, I never considered it would make a film, so was very surprised when it was announced, so to be honest I only ever expected it to be "based on the book" rather than a page by page interpretation.
It won't stop me loving the book, it wont be as good (pretty impossible I'd say) but fuck, zombies, I love zombies, bring it on
That said I think I'll re-read the book again.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 2
RE: World War Z - 6/11/2012 4:36:53 PM   
Timon

I was hoping the film might be a faux documentary like the first 10 mins of District 9 or Death of a President, but with big names... however I guess not many people would go see that. Shame.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 3
RE: World War Z - 7/11/2012 8:52:48 AM   
Titanm21

Like you both say the Book does not translate to a film very well (if at all) but even some of the basic elements of the Book dont seem to be taken into account. (Granted I'm basing this on 30 secs of footage )

The full trailer drops soon but I dont have high hopes

Join us for all the latest trailers in the world of Gaming, TV and Movies [also Facebook and Twitter]

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 4
RE: World War Z - 7/11/2012 9:56:27 AM   
kumar

I saw the footage and was completely taken by surprise at how puzzling it seems- i mean, zombies, right? Maybe ive been sucked into the walking dead too much, but like you said- it is reminiscent of a sentinal from the matrix. Kind of an original take on zombie presentation, but it doesnt sit right and looks pretty damn weird. Not read the book and not particularly fussed if it doesn't stick to it, im more looking forward to a great zombie flick

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 5
RE: World War Z - 7/11/2012 10:36:14 AM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Titanm21

I have no frame of reference from the original material but agree with this. Looks a little silly they way they all seem to move as one collective entity.

The short of them all charging over the bus was kind of cool though. But the swarming stuff… doesn't look right to my eyes.

< Message edited by pete_traynor -- 7/11/2012 10:38:18 AM >

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 6
RE: World War Z - 7/11/2012 12:56:17 PM   
Invader_Ace

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

I was hoping the film might be a faux documentary like the first 10 mins of District 9 or Death of a President, but with big names... however I guess not many people would go see that. Shame.

Yeah, this is what I sort of pictured.  So you would have actual survivors giving talking head interviews to camera.  Intercut with "reconstructions" of the events.  Like those survival docs that ran on Channel 4 a few years back.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 7
RE: World War Z - 8/11/2012 10:32:40 AM   
Titanm21

quote:

ORIGINAL: pete_traynor

quote:

I have no frame of reference from the original material but agree with this. Looks a little silly they way they all seem to move as one collective entity.

The short of them all charging over the bus was kind of cool though. But the swarming stuff… doesn't look right to my eyes.

In the books they are Walkers and the autor goes into great detail of what makes "a Zack" move and look the way it does.

Maybe I'm getting a bit to fan boy. I'm sure as a Zombie Movie this will be okay. Its just not going to be WWZ I think. But like I say I'm basing this on 30 secs of footage

< Message edited by Titanm21 -- 8/11/2012 10:33:20 AM >

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 8
RE: World War Z - 8/11/2012 10:35:51 AM   
Dannybohy

I havent read the book , but on seeing the footage, I'm excited!!. its looking like I am legend, Independence day and 28 days later had a gang bang!! what's not to like.

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 9
RE: World War Z - 8/11/2012 5:39:30 PM   
adambatman82

I'm looking forward to this. The book is great, but the audio-book, in which each part is "acted" out by different folk, is amazing. I'm hoping that this is more of a companion piece to the main book, as, like others have said, the actual concept itself would struggle to translate.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 10
RE: World War Z - 8/11/2012 6:05:24 PM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82

I'm looking forward to this. The book is great, but the audio-book, in which each part is "acted" out by different folk, is amazing. I'm hoping that this is more of a companion piece to the main book, as, like others have said, the actual concept itself would struggle to translate.

I heard this. A lad at work listens to audio books all the time, and I recommended WWZ to him. I listened to a short section of it and it sounded really good, really well done.
Out of additional curiosity I started re-reading the book again last night. I still can't really see the film being anything like it to be honest.
But I'm still excited. It's fucking zombies for crying out loud.

(in reply to adambatman82)
Post #: 11
RE: World War Z - 9/11/2012 8:00:18 AM   
jonson

Anyway, longer trailer here:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md6Dvxdr0AQ&feature=youtu.be

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 12
RE: World War Z - 9/11/2012 8:23:02 AM   
Titanm21

Just saw the trailer... as a zombie flick aye it looks good. As Jonson said i cant see WWZ in this at all

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 13
RE: World War Z - 9/11/2012 1:28:53 PM   
Timon

The Empire crew actually raise all fears on the new podcast. Oh and I get a shout out! And they mispronounce my name... Sigh.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 14
RE: World War Z - 9/11/2012 1:34:21 PM   
primebhoy

Having not read the books, and being from Glasgow I'm excited!

The bits from the trailer were the bits I seen getting filmed and its weird seeing the streets you walk everyday on screen. But I think it looks great.

'Old Man your about one C**t hair away from hillbilly heaven' - Blade II

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 15
RE: World War Z - 9/11/2012 1:36:05 PM   
Titanm21

Actually judging by the trailer this  film feels like a prequel to Will Smith’s ‘I am Legend’. The bits of the apocalypse they never showed in Big Willy’s film

(in reply to primebhoy)
Post #: 16
RE: World War Z - 9/11/2012 1:45:53 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

Actually judging by the trailer this  film feels like a prequel to Will Smith's 'I am Legend'. 

That’s all I thought of when watching the trailer.

They need to stop using NY in all these films, as it just makes them feel overly familiar to me.

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 17
RE: World War Z - 9/11/2012 2:09:14 PM   
Titanm21

quote:

quote:

Actually judging by the trailer this  film feels like a prequel to Will Smith's 'I am Legend'. 

That's all I thought of when watching the trailer.

They need to stop using NY in all these films, as it just makes them feel overly familiar to me.

It's the battle of Yonkers (I assume) so it's an important location in the book.

Post #: 18
RE: World War Z - 9/11/2012 3:24:53 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

quote:

quote:

That's all I thought of when watching the trailer.

It's the battle of Yonkers (I assume) so it's an important location in the book.

Ah.. right you are. I suppose if it’s instrumental then it needs to say in NY.

Think I remember my brother talking about this a while back. Is that where they dropped bombs that suck all of the oxygen out of an environment, so the zombies lungs are hanging out of their mouths?

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 19
RE: World War Z - 9/11/2012 10:15:50 PM   
rich

What the hell am I watching. This is about zombies? Cause I don't see any.

< Message edited by rich -- 9/11/2012 10:16:01 PM >

Meanwhile...

Post #: 20
RE: World War Z - 10/11/2012 12:29:27 AM   
Ghidorah

Ok it's different to the book but at least we are finally getting a military vs zombie movie. Too many times watching zombie films am I left wondering what happened to the military and what happened to the rest of the people? World War Z not only explain the military wouldn't be simply pushed over by the zombies but they have to up the threat level of the zombies to prevent them being walk over wanabes.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 21
RE: World War Z - 10/11/2012 3:11:04 PM   
Rinc

I love the book and was worried about the film knowing the book is unfilmable and quite a lot was being changed. And while I'm not sure about the super fast zombies the trailer does at least make it seem like the film has captured the hopeless feel of the book.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 22
RE: World War Z - 10/11/2012 3:51:29 PM   
Private Hudson

A totally random point but my mate was on the news last night talking about his experience as an extra when they filmed in Glasgow. He didn't need much make up!

Watch my spoof movie of FULL METAL JACKET here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCGRWVvM-Zo&feature=plcp&context=C31ca298UDOEgsToPDskJ4_UorjolrWTaxEGMj5GO0

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 23
RE: World War Z - 10/11/2012 8:34:26 PM   
Scott_

The scope is impressive for a zombie film and the tidal wave of zombies is pretty cool. Hopefully it will be good but the CG is a worry, you don't get any fear from it. It's why I Am Legend didn't work for me.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to Private Hudson)
Post #: 24
RE: World War Z - 11/11/2012 3:32:47 AM   
Coyleone

I thought the trailer looked decent, although it's not what I was expecting at all. I haven't read the book so I didn't really know what to expect, but I didn't think it was going to be a full on actioner like the trailer suggests. I thought the zombies piling over the truck looked pretty nifty if I'm being honest.

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 25
RE: World War Z - 11/11/2012 7:06:59 PM   
pete_traynor

You can get the first few episodes of the audio book on Youtube. Listened to loads the other night and it's really good. The Patient 0 episode was cool... and chilling. Definitely going to pick up the book and have a read. Definitely seems like a very different take on a possible zombie apocalypse. And given the way it dwells on things like geo politics from what I've heard and the detail on display, I seems all too convincing!

Look forward to reading the book... and hoping that the films still ends up being a good adaptation. While still not totally convinced by the trailer, given the subject material I'm hopeful something good comes from this.

(in reply to Coyleone)
Post #: 26
RE: World War Z - 12/11/2012 4:21:26 PM   
Titanm21

quote:

You can get the first few episodes of the audio book on Youtube. Listened to loads the other night and it's really good. The Patient 0 episode was cool... and chilling. Definitely going to pick up the book and have a read. Definitely seems like a very different take on a possible zombie apocalypse. And given the way it dwells on things like geo politics from what I've heard and the detail on display, I seems all too convincing!

Look forward to reading the book... and hoping that the films still ends up being a good adaptation. While still not totally convinced by the trailer, given the subject material I'm hopeful something good comes from this.

The book is amazing Pete. The level of detail is what really sells it, all those stories, all on different levels of perspective just really makes the whole world Max Brooks created so very believable. You get the distinct feeling that if this every happened it would go down just as he says in the book.

Post #: 27
RE: World War Z - 12/11/2012 4:33:45 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

quote:

The book is amazing Pete. The level of detail is what really sells it, all those stories, all on different levels of perspective just really makes the whole world Max Brooks created so very believable. You get the distinct feeling that if this every happened it would go down just as he says in the book.

Ordered it the other night, so hopefully it’ll be here in a couple of days. Looking forward to reading it!

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 28
RE: World War Z - 12/11/2012 4:45:26 PM   
Russ Whitfield

Trailer looks ace - as has been said, the book is unfilmable, but it looks like they could be taking the key sequences (Yonkers etc) and tacking a film onto... or around it. So yes, the chap doing the interviews still does do his interviews, but the movie is what went on during the war.

Like Resident Evil - the films were really "inspired by" as opposed to direct takes on the games - From what I've seen/read so far, this may well be the case with this too.

www.soldiergirlsmovie.com/
www.i-spimovie.com/

Post #: 29
RE: World War Z - 12/11/2012 10:01:12 PM   
Drone

Ho-lee shit this looks AWESOME.

It's a book I've been meaning to read for years; I have no idea why I haven't gotten around to it as I'm a zombie nut.

I love Brad Pitt, so Brad Pitt vs zombies = win.

(in reply to Russ Whitfield)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> World War Z Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI