Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Remakes you want

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Remakes you want Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Remakes you want - 11/11/2012 2:43:34 PM   
chewbacasnapsak

Damien Omen II and III, while they both had great bits in them, I think an adolescent and adult Anti-Christ would be quite relevant as long as the scriptwriters kept away from the final destination death scenes.

"who'd pay a million dollars to have me killed"
"jealous husbands, outraged chefs, humiliated tailors...the list is endless"

(in reply to Russ Whitfield)
Post #: 61
RE: Remakes you want - 11/11/2012 11:06:55 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: chewbacasnapsak

Damien Omen II and III, while they both had great bits in them, I think an adolescent and adult Anti-Christ would be quite relevant as long as the scriptwriters kept away from the final destination death scenes.

Hmm.. well they fucked up the remake of the original Omen so i dont see them making remakes of the sequels.Best to leave it alone.

Again the sensible thing to do for hollywood is remake films that werent much good in the first place but had ideas that had potential.Id like to see Battle Beyond The Stars remade.It could be quite fun considering the original was rubbish and looked like it cost 5p to make.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to chewbacasnapsak)
Post #: 62
RE: Remakes you want - 12/11/2012 8:43:44 AM   
Russ Whitfield

Good call, that's a great movie. As is Space Hunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone.

What about "Lifeforce" - now that was a great idea, but a ropey movie. Mind you - Malthilda May was the stuff of teenage dreams.

www.soldiergirlsmovie.com/
www.i-spimovie.com/

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 63
RE: Remakes you want - 16/11/2012 9:47:10 PM   
Mister Coe

Just found a forgotten 80's classic on Netflix... 'Remo-Unarmed And Dangerous' (titled, because I think this is the American version, 'Remo Williams -The Adventure Begins')...

This is a potential blockbuster francise just waiting to be rebooted. Loved it when I saw it in my teens and it deffo holds up today. One of those movies you never see repeated on TV nowadays, even on ITV4, the home of 80's movies that you'd forgotten!

Plus, it's based on a series of pulp novels called 'The Destroyer'. Can't you just see a summer blockbuster starring (insert name here of whatever handsome / cool / hard as fuck film star you prefer) in 'THE DESTROYER'!

I should be working in Hollywood...

Say what now?

Post #: 64
RE: Remakes you want - 17/11/2012 12:17:48 PM   
Russ Whitfield

Stay away from the Remo. Put down thoughts of a Remo-Remake and put your hands in the air.

I'd be gutted if they looked at this - its just such a great one off movie, the excellent hero-music, the funny dialogue... I'm not saying they couldn't or wouldn't, but for me a remake wouldn't live up to the classic. Rose-tinted specs, I guess, but I love this movie and wouldn't want to see it get a modernised makeover.

www.i-spimovie.com/

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 65
RE: Remakes you want - 17/11/2012 12:40:54 PM   
Moorish

I'd love to see a modern remake of After Hours.

Post #: 66
RE: Remakes you want - 18/11/2012 9:53:04 PM   
Mister Coe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Russ Whitfield

Stay away from the Remo. Put down thoughts of a Remo-Remake and put your hands in the air.

I'd be gutted if they looked at this - its just such a great one off movie, the excellent hero-music, the funny dialogue... I'm not saying they couldn't or wouldn't, but for me a remake wouldn't live up to the classic. Rose-tinted specs, I guess, but I love this movie and wouldn't want to see it get a modernised makeover.

My hands are in the air! Don't shoot!

Seriously, Russ, it's a brilliant movie, Fred Ward is great, it's both funny and exciting... but it's a forgotten movie, one barely anyone remembes nowadays, a remake won't take anything away from the original. I've been looking up the original series of pulp novels and I genuinly think there's scope for a brand new series of really good movies. Put it like this, at least it would be taking attention away from a shit remake of something we all love... not that I'm mentioning THE A-TEAM or anything...

Say what now?

Post #: 67
RE: Remakes you want - 19/11/2012 10:32:41 AM   
clownfoot

Remo remains a gem of a movie. Alongside Tremors it's no wonder Fred Ward reeks of awesomeness. So, leave it alone. And Tremors for that matter...

Evil Mod 2 - Hail he who has fallen from the sky to deliver us from the terror of the Deadites!

http://www.thepixelempire.net/index.html
http://clownfootsinversemidas.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 68
RE: Remakes you want - 19/11/2012 10:54:16 AM   
Russ Whitfield

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Coe

Seriously, Russ, it's a brilliant movie, Fred Ward is great, it's both funny and exciting... but it's a forgotten movie, one barely anyone remembes nowadays, a remake won't take anything away from the original. I've been looking up the original series of pulp novels and I genuinly think there's scope for a brand new series of really good movies. Put it like this, at least it would be taking attention away from a shit remake of something we all love... not that I'm mentioning THE A-TEAM or anything...

I wonder if something different in tone could be done with the Destroyer novels. Iíve not read them, could they Bourned/Bonded up? Or turned into straight comedy (Iím not a fan of comedy at the best of times, but Iím wondering if this could be done).

I think with the 80s classic, they had the balance just right: a remakeÖ no, not for me. A reimagining - maybe?

www.i-spimovie.com/

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 69
RE: Remakes you want - 19/11/2012 10:57:56 AM   
Russ Whitfield

I just remembered that I ripped off a line from REMO in my first novel (the one about sanctifying the earth with the imprint of their feet)

www.i-spimovie.com/

Post #: 70
RE: Remakes you want - 20/11/2012 8:27:37 AM   
Overmind

The black hole.

Nuff said.

And BTW.. They did remake Plan 9. Look it up in YouTube.

"All suspects are to be considered guilty, period. Or else they wouldn't be suspects would they?" -TROOPS

Post #: 71
RE: Remakes you want - 20/11/2012 10:18:25 AM   
spark1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Overmind

The black hole.

Nuff said.

And BTW.. They did remake Plan 9. Look it up in YouTube.

'in, through and out!'

wasn't a 'black hole' remake on cards from 'tron:legacy' guys?

(in reply to Overmind)
Post #: 72
RE: Remakes you want - 20/11/2012 10:31:22 AM   
sanchia

quote:

quote:

I wonder if something different in tone could be done with the Destroyer novels. Iíve not read them, could they Bourned/Bonded up? Or turned into straight comedy (Iím not a fan of comedy at the best of times, but Iím wondering if this could be done).

I think with the 80s classic, they had the balance just right: a remakeÖ no, not for me. A reimagining - maybe?

To be honest the Destroyer novels are very thin in terms of characterisation and pretty much anything could be done with them.

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 73
RE: Remakes you want - 20/11/2012 5:23:11 PM   
mclane1

God love netflix- home of movies you have seen a thousand times and the ones you have'nt that are bonkers crazy :) Remo, black moon rising etc.

the saint will be announced as being rebooted in the next 12 months and starring Micheal Fassbender, mark my words good buddies

rosemary's baby will be remade

The shadow rebooted (played by the lead guy in mad men of course)

The phantom rebooted

and Cagney and lacey will be made into a movie starring everyones favourite 80's icons Drew Barrymore and the return of Winona Ryder, (well maybe not that one)

< Message edited by mclane1 -- 20/11/2012 5:26:14 PM >

If the cash is there, we do not care.

(in reply to clownfoot)
Post #: 74
RE: Remakes you want - 20/11/2012 7:03:14 PM   
Sutty

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r

The Matrix, BTTF, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Outland.

Why would you remake The Matrix???

And as for remaking Back to the Future and 2001, well I think you must be an idiot. To remake BTTF would be damn near blasphemous!!

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 75
RE: Remakes you want - 20/11/2012 8:16:41 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sutty

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r

The Matrix, BTTF, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Outland.

Why would you remake The Matrix???

And as for remaking Back to the Future and 2001, well I think you must be an idiot. To remake BTTF would be damn near blasphemous!!

I could see why someone would want the Matrix remade, the cgi has dated horrifically and it's been damaged by the dullness of the sequels. Frankly I think the first one is extremely dull, the first watch it was pretty extraordinary but on repeat viewing it's quite boring and takes far too long to get going, the action is too choreographed for my liking and it overuses slo-mo. I doubt any of the above reasons would justify a remake but are why I wouldn't mind seeing a remake, but overall I'd be indifferent towards a remake.

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 76
RE: Remakes you want - 20/11/2012 9:44:19 PM   
Mister Coe

quote:

Good call, that's a great movie. As is Space Hunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone.

What about "Lifeforce" - now that was a great idea, but a ropey movie. Mind you - Malthilda May was the stuff of teenage dreams.

Russ, just re-watched Lifeforce for the first time since I was a teenager and you're right, there's a film BEGGING for a remake! If memory serves (not a constant these days), wasn't it originally a much longer movie called SPACE VAMPIRES and was cut to shit against Tobe Hoopers wishes by the Cannon hierarchy? Love to see the original...

Anyway, another vote for the Lifeforce remake. And if Summer Glau wants to take on the Matilda May role, I won't be complaining...

Say what now?

Post #: 77
RE: Remakes you want - 21/11/2012 9:57:03 AM   
Russ Whitfield

Lifeforce is an interesting one. We were shooting the sh1t about it and one director I know was well-keen on the idea.

I wonder how much the rights are? Iíve never looked into buying rights before, but I canít imagine theyíd be that much (well, in movie-world terms! Certainly beyond the likes of me, Iíd imagine).

It might work better as a TV mini-series a la Spartacus or Game of Thrones (I know Spartacus prides itself on the sheer volume of nudity). Itís that or a direct-to-dvd movie -and thereís nowt wrong with that.

www.i-spimovie.com/

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 78
RE: Remakes you want - 21/11/2012 10:05:48 AM   
Russ Whitfield

Some trivia from IMDB Pro:

Alternate Versions
Scenes cut from 101 min but in 116 min version.

Voiceover describing the Churchill's mission and the Nerva device.
Derebridge has a conversation with the Radar Technicians about the object in the comet and it being 150 miles long.
The opening line of Carlsen about what is 150 miles long Astronauts going into the comet has remarks from Derebridge about the state of the craft.
The Spacecraft opening up has bits and pieces removed.
Dr. Bukovsky being told by a RAF officer about the state of Churchill's orbit and it had not changed since leaving the comet.
Bukovsky and a NASA official agreeing that the Columbia should be sent into space to investigate.
Scenes with the Columbia rescue party trimmed in particular talk about fate of the crew and obtaining the video tapes.
A whole scene is removed which introduces Fallanda and The Pathologist which sets up Fallanda's character.
A Cabinet Minister discussing the crystal cases with Fallanda, Bukovsky the pathologist and a Metallurgist.
The Minister is inquiring whether X Rays have been done and their results -- blurred images. The metallurgist is very puzzled by the cases. Plus comments about are the bodies being alive.
After being shown the Guard's body, Colonel Caine is interrogating Bukovsky and Fallanda about the Space Girl (Matilda May). Being told about the Churchill's escape Pod being missing, the fire and the cases. After this Fallanda's conversation with Caine about is there life after death is trimmed.
The Hyde Park scene is trimmed; the Police Inspector (Nicholas Donnelly) has three lines in 116 version but in the 101 min version he has one line.
Bukovsky on the phone about Carlsen being in a Walter Reed Army Hospital, he demands Carlsen is brought to London.
Carlsen's debriefing in 116 version also includes Bukovsky introducing Colonel Caine of the SAS remarking about we all thought You were dead plus the comments about a pretty nurse, the Churchill flashback is trimmed.
Just before Carlsen's nightmare a scene where Bukovsky informs Caine that NASA have tracked a strange object leaving the comet which is heading for Earth in two days time also there is to be a meeting at Downing Street (The Prime Minister and his Cabinet meet at the PM's home for non UK readers).
After the hypnotizing of Carlsen's comments made by Bukosvsky about the vampires of legend taking their Earth with them ( The majority of comments about vampires in 116 version are missing from 101 version explains why the title was changed from Space Vampires to Lifeforce).
The scene with Ellen(Nancy Paul) is cut slightly.
The attack on Dr.Armstrong(Patrick Stewart) is shortened.
The Kiss between Armstrong and Carlsen is removed.
After the deaths of Sir Percy(Aubrey Morris) and Armstrong, the Churchill flashback the love scene between Carlsen and the Space Girl is cut to the bone. Likewise the scene with the Infected PM (Peter Porteous) and his Secretary, Miss Haversham(Katherine Schofield) has had huge chunks cut out e.g. the PM being told of The Home Secretary's demise. Plus there are lines reactions closeups omitted here where and everywhere. The 101 Min version had some more zombie mayhem.

Original unedited European version contains more violent and erotic footage Tri-Star Pictures cut from the domestic version. It also contains the full Henry Mancini score in place of the occasional Michael Kamen music cues placed at the last minute for U.S. prints. This version is now available on video and runs 116 minutes.Tobe Hooper's director's cut was 128 mins when the film was cut to 116 mins mostly scenes on the spaceship Churchill were cut

IMDB also claims it was loosely remade - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Invader_%281997_film%29

But as I was thinking about this, it's pretty similar to "Species" isn't it - uber-space babe sexes and slays hapless fellas?

I feel a review of the Matlida May classic coming on - just to be sure I've got my facts straight, obviously.

www.i-spimovie.com/

Post #: 79
RE: Remakes you want - 24/11/2012 2:04:17 PM   
Tidus

I think lots of the Stephen King movies could be re-done, IT is too long imo though they would have to find someone awesome for pennywise.
Lots of them look very dated Pet Semetry, Children of the corn, Salems lot, Christene (this one would be very hard to pull off)

I would imagine The running man will be done soon due to the popularity of The Hunger Games

I'm not here, this isn't happening

Post #: 80
RE: Remakes you want - 24/11/2012 6:12:29 PM   
AngryDude92

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tidus

I think lots of the Stephen King movies could be re-done, IT is too long imo though they would have to find someone awesome for pennywise.
Lots of them look very dated Pet Semetry, Children of the corn, Salems lot, Christene (this one would be very hard to pull off)

I would imagine The running man will be done soon due to the popularity of The Hunger Games

This has already been remade back in 2009, it was shit!

There was once a god who walked the earth, his name was Warren Oates

(in reply to Tidus)
Post #: 81
RE: Remakes you want - 24/11/2012 7:25:40 PM   
Antonius Block

Room 1408, directed by David Lynch

(o.k. stole that idea from another forum but found it so good that I felt I should share it.)

(in reply to AngryDude92)
Post #: 82
RE: Remakes you want - 24/11/2012 8:55:45 PM   
Mister Coe

quote:

I'd love to see a remake of Christine. It was my favourite book when I was a teenager and, much as I am a fan of John Carpenter, the film could have been so much better.

And YES to a proper, gritty dark remake of The Running Man! That Arnie movie was, let's face it, shit. But the ending...

SPOILERS!!!!!!

Flying a plane into a building probably won't go down to well with movie executives, even now.

Say what now?

(in reply to Tidus)
Post #: 83
RE: Remakes you want - 24/11/2012 9:23:15 PM   
clownfoot

Nah, The Running Man was great fun. Such an eighties film that's dated so badly it makes for a joyous re-watch. Jesse Ventura's hairpiece rocks. Great line by Sven at the end as well. Still, a more satirical remake that doesn't feature Mick Fleetwood would be welcome...

< Message edited by clownfoot -- 24/11/2012 9:34:43 PM >

Evil Mod 2 - Hail he who has fallen from the sky to deliver us from the terror of the Deadites!

http://www.thepixelempire.net/index.html
http://clownfootsinversemidas.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 84
RE: Remakes you want - 24/11/2012 9:25:31 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

That Arnie movie was, let's face it, shit.

You hush your mouth!

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 24/11/2012 9:26:15 PM >

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 85
RE: Remakes you want - 25/11/2012 3:07:57 AM   
Tidus

The Arnie movie is fun and I doubt a remake would live up to it but it could be great with a decent director, good luck to whoever has to try and fill Arnie's shoes though.

I'll have to check out Children of the corn 2009

I think Christene is just a hard one to do in general, I always feel like such a dick when I tell people about it and have to say "it's about this car that kills people"

There is about 50 King movies and I think most of them are bad tbh.

This is why I was/am annoyed about the Carrie remake because the original was so good and there are tons more King movies that are in greater need of a remake.

I think the only one's that don't need a remake are

The Shining
Carrie
Stand By Me
The Shawshank Redemption
Misery

These are the top 6 for me, I would welcome any of the others to getting a remake
(The teddy bear FX in Cujo are particularly bad)

< Message edited by Tidus -- 25/11/2012 3:09:12 AM >

I'm not here, this isn't happening

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 86
RE: Remakes you want - 25/11/2012 11:07:10 PM   
Mister Coe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

quote:

That Arnie movie was, let's face it, shit.

You hush your mouth!

You have both a leotard and a big moustache.

I'm not scared of you.

Say what now?

Post #: 87
RE: Remakes you want - 26/11/2012 4:07:31 AM   
Shifty Bench

How about this?

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 88
RE: Remakes you want - 26/11/2012 8:57:24 AM   
DancingClown

quote:

To be fair IT was a mini-series as opposed to a film. And besides an epic, complex story like IT that spans decades needs length. I have mixed feelings about IT, although I think the casting of the kids was pretty much perfect, the location was perfect for Derry and it was very atmospheric. Tim Curry was great, of course. But as a network mini-series it lacked real horror, despite having some chilling moments, and as many of you who have read the book will know there are some pretty hard-core moments there that just simply couldn't be replicated on network telly. So despite having the adequate amount of time needed to convey the story and its various time-strands the terror the characters felt as adults didn't seem justified enough because the horror they wtinessed as kids had been toned down. I do remember talk a few years back about a new adaptation that centred entirely around the young girl's point-of-view though nothing seemed to come of that. But there's the rub - a proper adaptation needs the room for the book's complexities and you can only really get that on TV, but as a compromise the horror gets muted as a result.

Salem's Lot was another mini-series (although it was released briefly as a film in a version that's nearly impossible to find these days) and it was remade recently with Rob Lowe in the David Soul role. And it was utter bollocks that wasn't even remotely chilling, the writers had attempted to modernise the story which just didn't work. Contemporary vampires are just not scary. And that was one of the Hooper version's strengths, the vampires were properly scary. In the remake the vampires were made to be more loquacious, more self-aware, more weirdly human. That may work for Buffy and Twilight but in this case it killed the story dead. It was shit. The original may look a little dated but it's still very effective as horror, despite the 70s melodrama. It's drenched in rural, gothic atmosphere, the location is perfect for The Lot, the casting is fantastic (despite the writer turning Mr Barlow into Nosferartu). As a huge fan of the book I may have quibbles with some of the plot and character changes but everything else was pretty much nailed.

As for Pet Semetery. The film is very atmospheric and managed to nail the sense of mortal dread that pervades the book, and there are some chilling moments (Zelda, anyone?), but the economic script just didn't allow time for the book's themes of death and grief to be properly explored, and as a result the characters lacked depth and true motivation. How does a man of reason and science end up digging up his dead son? The main character arc was just a bit too flimsily conveyed, ironic considering that King wrote the screenplay himself. Rumours of a new adaptation have been circulating for years and I certainly would be intrigued. Although I simply can't imagine anyone other than Fred Gwynne as Jud Crandall, it's like the role he was born to play.

Christine. As has been mentioned the premise doesn't exactly send a shiver down the spine, although King intended his novel to be like a "warped episode of Happy Days" more than anything else, so a satirical approach would be key and there's certainly a lot of dark humour in Carpenter's film. Perhaps a remake with a more contemporary setting in this case could actually work, as the story's themes about teenage alienation and high-school rites of passage are certainly universal and self-perpetuating and could easily be conveyed with modern teenagers. Although the car itself - the Plymouth Fury - is fairly iconic and I do think that would have to stay the same, despite a more contemporary setting. So would that ultimately work? Would a modern American teenager fall for such a vintage model? Not sure. Perhaps an Impala.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

Post #: 89
RE: Remakes you want - 26/11/2012 2:49:15 PM   
ripperman

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

quote:

To be fair IT was a mini-series as opposed to a film. And besides an epic, complex story like IT that spans decades needs length. I have mixed feelings about IT, although I think the casting of the kids was pretty much perfect, the location was perfect for Derry and it was very atmospheric. Tim Curry was great, of course. But as a network mini-series it lacked real horror, despite having some chilling moments, and as many of you who have read the book will know there are some pretty hard-core moments there that just simply couldn't be replicated on network telly. So despite having the adequate amount of time needed to convey the story and its various time-strands the terror the characters felt as adults didn't seem justified enough because the horror they wtinessed as kids had been toned down. I do remember talk a few years back about a new adaptation that centred entirely around the young girl's point-of-view though nothing seemed to come of that. But there's the rub - a proper adaptation needs the room for the book's complexities and you can only really get that on TV, but as a compromise the horror gets muted as a result.

Salem's Lot was another mini-series (although it was released briefly as a film in a version that's nearly impossible to find these days) and it was remade recently with Rob Lowe in the David Soul role. And it was utter bollocks that wasn't even remotely chilling, the writers had attempted to modernise the story which just didn't work. Contemporary vampires are just not scary. And that was one of the Hooper version's strengths, the vampires were properly scary. In the remake the vampires were made to be more loquacious, more self-aware, more weirdly human. That may work for Buffy and Twilight but in this case it killed the story dead. It was shit. The original may look a little dated but it's still very effective as horror, despite the 70s melodrama. It's drenched in rural, gothic atmosphere, the location is perfect for The Lot, the casting is fantastic (despite the writer turning Mr Barlow into Nosferartu). As a huge fan of the book I may have quibbles with some of the plot and character changes but everything else was pretty much nailed.

As for Pet Semetery. The film is very atmospheric and managed to nail the sense of mortal dread that pervades the book, and there are some chilling moments (Zelda, anyone?), but the economic script just didn't allow time for the book's themes of death and grief to be properly explored, and as a result the characters lacked depth and true motivation. How does a man of reason and science end up digging up his dead son? The main character arc was just a bit too flimsily conveyed, ironic considering that King wrote the screenplay himself. Rumours of a new adaptation have been circulating for years and I certainly would be intrigued. Although I simply can't imagine anyone other than Fred Gwynne as Jud Crandall, it's like the role he was born to play.

Christine. As has been mentioned the premise doesn't exactly send a shiver down the spine, although King intended his novel to be like a "warped episode of Happy Days" more than anything else, so a satirical approach would be key and there's certainly a lot of dark humour in Carpenter's film. Perhaps a remake with a more contemporary setting in this case could actually work, as the story's themes about teenage alienation and high-school rites of passage are certainly universal and self-perpetuating and could easily be conveyed with modern teenagers. Although the car itself - the Plymouth Fury - is fairly iconic and I do think that would have to stay the same, despite a more contemporary setting. So would that ultimately work? Would a modern American teenager fall for such a vintage model? Not sure. Perhaps an Impala.

Yeah I think Pet Sematary holds up pretty well. Some really disturbing imagery abounds throughout such as the funeral, nightmare inducing stuff Having said that a remake could be interesting. It is one of those stories that has a good premise and asks a lot of interesting questions, plus the movie wasn't one of the big horror guns like Halloween et al so no sacrilege involved.

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Remakes you want Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI