Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

The Sopranos - Season 6 US Thread (Beware of Spoilers!)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> The Sopranos - Season 6 US Thread (Beware of Spoilers!) Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Sopranos - Season 6 US Thread (Beware of Spoilers!) - 12/3/2006 7:11:36 PM   
furrybastard

I'm surprised this hasn't already been started but perhaps not many people plan on watching it.

Season 6 of The Sopranos is starting tonight (12th) in the US, the first episode is entitled 'Members Only'

So who out there will watching the show week by week and discussing it here?

< Message edited by furrybastard -- 26/8/2006 4:01:26 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: The Sopranos - Season 6 Downloaders Thread (Beware ... - 12/3/2006 7:21:43 PM   
hongkongphooey

I will be, without a doubt. It has been so long since the last one!

Have you watched the trailers, on http://www.hbo.com/sopranos/

(in reply to furrybastard)
Post #: 2
RE: The Sopranos - Season 6 Downloaders Thread (Beware ... - 12/3/2006 7:53:16 PM   
Arbogast

were's the best place to download from?

(in reply to hongkongphooey)
Post #: 3
RE: The Sopranos - Season 6 Downloaders Thread (Beware ... - 12/3/2006 7:57:43 PM   
joHn G.

Count me in! Recently re-watched all 5 seasons in anticipation.

my dvds

(in reply to Arbogast)
Post #: 4
RE: The Sopranos - Season 6 Downloaders Thread (Beware ... - 12/3/2006 8:12:46 PM   
hongkongphooey

You're best to try to get an invite to a torrent site if at all possible. Few are open to registration atm. Keep PeerGuardian up to date, as HBO are always on the look out for downloaders.

(in reply to Arbogast)
Post #: 5
RE: The Sopranos - Season 6 Downloaders Thread (Beware ... - 12/3/2006 8:21:58 PM   
Arbogast

sorry i've only just got broadband, so i'am toalty new to downloading tv, i have no idea what all that just meant, lol.

Post #: 6
RE: The Sopranos - Season 6 Downloaders Thread (Beware ... - 13/3/2006 9:24:16 AM   
calhoon

I'm downloading at the moment and will watch tonight, haven't been this excited about downloading anything since that time when....

"I could kiss you all over the face right now"

Post #: 7
RE: The Sopranos - Season 6 Downloaders Thread (Beware ... - 13/3/2006 5:35:24 PM   
furrybastard

By the way, whoever makes the first post about the new episode, please put SPOILER WARNINGS at the top for anyone who hasn't watched it yet. Just so people know when to stop reading the thread. (People like me)

Thanks.

(in reply to calhoon)
Post #: 8
RE: The Sopranos - Season 6 Downloaders Thread (Beware ... - 13/3/2006 10:51:07 PM   
sharkboy

Plus ca change....

We're back after way too long a lay off, and the good news is it's as if we haven't been away.  There's a nice montage at the start (like in previous seasons) where we catch up with all that's been happening chez Sopranos - Meadow's still engaged, AJ's a college kid with long hair, and Tony and Carm seem to be getting on better.  Extending the family shows that Janice and Bobby now have a baby girl while Uncle Jun is getting more and more senile, as he is now convinced that a dead gangster has stolen his money and is coming for him.   Meanwhile in the other family, Chris has made captain, Vito's lost a shit load of weight (most of which seems to have found its way onto Tony's waistline), the rats are still ratting and Paulie is, well, Paulie.

But of course, it can't stay happy families for long.  New York still gives Tony headaches as Phil Leotardo, acting boss now that Jonny Sacks is inside, is still breaking balls as his crew do a number on Hech and his son-in-law in an unfortunate case of missing identity.  One of Tony's soldiers inherits a couple of million and wants to retire to Florida, and Jun's senility and paranoia rear their head with devastating consequences for Tony.  What a finale to the opening show - welcome back Sopranos!

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to furrybastard)
Post #: 9
RE: The Sopranos - Season 6 Downloaders Thread (Beware ... - 14/3/2006 1:20:30 AM   
Thrillkiller

[SPOILERS FLASH FLASH RED LIGHTS EVERYWHERE AND YELLOW AND BLACK STRIPED TAPE! SPOILERS!]

Oh......my.......god! Uncle Jun! What have you done?!?!?!?!

Honestly, for the final 3 minutes of the show I was watching with my mouth open in shock - talk about getting the season off to a flying start!!

< Message edited by Thrillkiller -- 14/3/2006 1:24:24 AM >

"I can't get up without my furry alarm clock"

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 10
RE: The Sopranos - Season 6 Downloaders Thread (Beware ... - 14/3/2006 8:56:36 AM   
sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Thrillkiller

[SPOILERS FLASH FLASH RED LIGHTS EVERYWHERE AND YELLOW AND BLACK STRIPED TAPE! SPOILERS!]

Oh......my.......god! Uncle Jun! What have you done?!?!?!?!

Honestly, for the final 3 minutes of the show I was watching with my mouth open in shock - talk about getting the season off to a flying start!!

Agreed - there's no way on earth you could have predicted that coming!  Somehow I don't see Jun lasting the season - regardless of what the consequences of his actions at the end of the show may be, he looks frail enough to go through natural causes rather than any un-natural shortening of his lifespan.  I actually felt sorry for him at the end of the show, cowering in the closet.  But then I remembered that Tony's ma played the same senility card and wondered whether Jun was trying the same angle...

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Thrillkiller)
Post #: 11
RE: The Sopranos - Season 6 Downloaders Thread (Beware ... - 14/3/2006 11:25:09 AM   
joHn G.

A staggeringly good return! Likewise, I was shocked when Uncle Jun unloaded on Tony. Quite liked Meadow's little dance in the opening montage too! 

my dvds

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 12
RE: The Sopranos - Season 6 Downloaders Thread (Beware ... - 14/3/2006 12:43:22 PM   
calhoon

aaaaagh, possibly the slowest download i have ever...er....downloaded, nobody is seeding.

mustn't read spoilers, mustn't read spoilers, mustn't read spoilers, mustn't read spoilers

(in reply to joHn G.)
Post #: 13
RE: The Sopranos - Season 6 Downloaders Thread (Beware ... - 14/3/2006 3:36:36 PM   
sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Calhoon

aaaaagh, possibly the slowest download i have ever...er....downloaded, nobody is seeding.

And there, in a nutshell, is why I use newsgroups!

WWLD?

(in reply to calhoon)
Post #: 14
RE: The Sopranos - Season 6 Downloaders Thread (Beware ... - 14/3/2006 6:20:59 PM   
hongkongphooey

quote:

mustn't read spoilers, mustn't read spoilers, mustn't read spoilers, mustn't read spoilers

I don't suppose you want to know that mine took 20 minutes then.....

SPOILER

Loved this episode from start to finish - and what a finish!! I've read theories that the rest of the series will be a flashback leading up to that end but surely - no!!!

Love the way Tony has re-written history when it comes to 'family' and in particular, his mother. Carmela seems even more materialistic than ever, and AJ as clueless as ever.

Found the suicide pretty hard to watch - usually people hanging themselves ends up looking comical (if you're a bit sick like me) but this one was brutal. He didn't really have much of a choice, poor guy.

Roll on Sunday - Sopranos wipes the floor with every other show.

(in reply to calhoon)
Post #: 15
RE: The Sopranos - Season 6 Downloaders Thread (Beware ... - 14/3/2006 7:42:59 PM   
whatashambles

Thought it was great, despite a bit of strange opening. I'm surprised it concentrated so much on the character of Gene. If both he and Ray Curto were both informants to the FBI, will the FBI finally make a move on Tony?
Can't see Uncle Jun playing the same card as Livia, but i wouldn't be surprised to see Tony believe that is what he's doing (If he survives?)

Post #: 16
RE: The Sopranos - Season 6 Downloaders Thread (Beware ... - 15/3/2006 11:47:29 AM   
calhoon

quote:

And there, in a nutshell, is why I use newsgroups!

I hate you.

quote:

I don't suppose you want to know that mine took 20 minutes then

and you.

anyway. SPOILERS BELOW.

the good
Gene hanging himself, so uncomfortable to watch, really well filmed, glad this series hasn't lost it's edge.
Uncle Junior in every scene he was in, really felt like he was losing it, don't think it's an act.
Tony 'forgetting his wallet' in the opticians and Silvio strolling out with some badass shades on.
Christopher's "am i not a captain?" rant, I think he may be the catalyst for some serious shit this season.
and pretty much everything else, i was worried that they might run out of steam on this season but if this is anything to go by then i was worrying for nothing. brilliant.

the bad
that it's only on for 50 minutes

the ugly
Johnny Sack's wife. Damn.

Sharkboy
Can you let me know what software/newsgroups you subscribe to, i thought i was going to damage myself through screaming at bit torrent.

Is it sunday yet?

(in reply to whatashambles)
Post #: 17
RE: The Sopranos - Season 6 Downloaders Thread (Beware ... - 15/3/2006 2:35:42 PM   
sharkboy

quote:

Sharkboy
Can you let me know what software/newsgroups you subscribe to, i thought i was going to damage myself through screaming at bit torrent.

There's a very useful thread here that explains newsgroups and how to use them.  The earliest postings of new shows can normally be found on alt.binaries.multimedia in .avi format.  I grab these, convert to SVCD using WinAVI, burn and watch on the big TV - bliss!!  (I have got a divx capable DVD player, but it's in the bedroom where the tele isn't quite so luxurious!)

WWLD?

(in reply to calhoon)
Post #: 18
RE: The Sopranos - Season 6 Downloaders Thread (Beware ... - 15/3/2006 2:46:37 PM   
calhoon

Bless you Mr. Shark.

quote:

Man i am glad that this is back on it seemed like an age since i last saw a new episode But I sat down last night premiere of Season 6, "Members Only". I often find the first episode of Sopranos seasons to be unusual, in the way that they plant the seeds for the plot to thicken as the season develops and give viewers a good look into what's to come but everything is still very much up in the air!!

I loved the familiarity of Tony and the various comments which were exchanged for the benefit of long-term fans "Nursing home / retirement community", Johnny Sack was excellent, stuck in jail and even more frustrated and agitated. - He's got to get out at some point in the season you would think to cause Tony major headaches

The episode had a general feel of "everythings going great" at the start, but the last five minutes just blew me away as i had read that there was going to be a shock at the end but never thought it would be Jun. The scene was amazing truely demonstarting that he had gone madder than a box of frogs. Obviously Tony is going to survive this but Whoah!! Judging by some of the clips on HBO.com things are due to get even more shaken up as the series progresses.

For me this episode was excellent, I look forward to viewing episode 2

Vernieboy, if you are going to C&P reviews from TV.com, you might want to at least acknowledge the original source! i'd literally just read that exact review on their site.

Anyway, is it next sunday yet?

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 19
RE: The Sopranos - Season 6 Downloaders Thread (Beware ... - 15/3/2006 4:54:24 PM   
RolloTommassi

Absolute brilliance, the best show by far is back, and with a mighty bang!

Sat there in utter shock at the closing credits!

"Wanting people to listen, you can't just tap them on the shoulder anymore. You have to hit them with a sledgehammer, and then you'll notice you've got their strict attention."

(in reply to calhoon)
Post #: 20
RE: The Sopranos - Season 6 Downloaders Thread (Beware ... - 15/3/2006 7:30:59 PM   
vernieboy

quote:

Vernieboy, if you are going to C&P reviews from TV.com, you might want to at least acknowledge the original source! i'd literally just read that exact review on their site.

sorry laziness on my part i generally agreed with it and changed some bits.
Have you had a go at the virtual map for last series pretty good
http://www.hbo.com/sopranos/map/

Anyway can't wait for the next episode

"Nothing's worse than having an itch you can never scratch."

(in reply to calhoon)
Post #: 21
RE: The Sopranos - Season 6 Downloaders Thread (Beware ... - 20/3/2006 12:00:46 PM   
RolloTommassi

When is episode 2 gonna be shown?

"Wanting people to listen, you can't just tap them on the shoulder anymore. You have to hit them with a sledgehammer, and then you'll notice you've got their strict attention."

(in reply to vernieboy)
Post #: 22
RE: The Sopranos - Season 6 Downloaders Thread (Beware ... - 20/3/2006 12:13:17 PM   
vernieboy

It was on HBO in the states last night so you can get torrents off the net now

"Nothing's worse than having an itch you can never scratch."

(in reply to RolloTommassi)
Post #: 23
RE: The Sopranos - Season 6 Downloaders Thread (Beware ... - 20/3/2006 12:38:41 PM   
RolloTommassi

Nice one, time to get downloading!

(in reply to vernieboy)
Post #: 24
RE: The Sopranos - Season 6 Downloaders Thread (Beware ... - 20/3/2006 4:21:27 PM   
lulu karma

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!EPISODE 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fantastic... fantastic... fantastic!  The second episode with Tony lost in a hotel is an interesting way to handle his coma.  Gah, when they show them changing the bandages on his stomach, that was a bit shocking.  Massive crater!

I am wondering what's going to happen with the son in all this.  Now with the others in the family lining up to fight for power, I am curious if Carmela is going to find herself in much the same position as Johnny's wife - having to avoid the phone because of debt collectors.

Can't wait for next Sunday!

I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi and we're in that fucked-up bar.

This is the captain speaking. It appears we are going down. Now may be the time to reflect upon your life and pray to whatever deity you believe in. We know you have your choice of airlines and apparently you made the wrong one.

The eyes are the nipples of the face.

Post #: 25
RE: The Sopranos - Season 6 Downloaders Thread (Beware ... - 20/3/2006 4:26:21 PM   
Buddy Ackerman

I haven't watched Episode 2 yet but just wanted to chime in with my thoughts on the opening episode. Overall a nice, easy welcome back. Love the way everything seems fine and dandy, the ironic foreshadowing almost hurts. And the bit in the opticians was great (as was Meadow's dance...). The ending was a shocker but if they have the rest of the season as a dream and have Tony waking up in hospital at the very end then I'm going to be very annoyed.

"If you were in my toilet bowl, I wouldn't bother flushing it. My bathmat means more to me than you!"

Post #: 26
RE: The Sopranos - Season 6 Downloaders Thread (Beware ... - 20/3/2006 7:11:01 PM   
hongkongphooey

Episode 2 another excellent episode - Edie Falco is such a good actress and looked like a completely different woman from the one who spent most of last week boasting about her new car. This ep was really moving in parts.

(in reply to Buddy Ackerman)
Post #: 27
RE: The Sopranos - Season 6 Downloaders Thread (Beware ... - 20/3/2006 7:54:14 PM   
lulu karma

quote:

ORIGINAL: Buddy Ackerman

The ending was a shocker but if they have the rest of the season as a dream and have Tony waking up in hospital at the very end then I'm going to be very annoyed.

Oh man, I hadn't thought of that.  Surely they wouldn't do a stupid Dallas-Bobby-Getting-Shot-Was-Just-A-Dream plot?  That was dire!  For those of you that remembers it.  Terrible plotline.

I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi and we're in that fucked-up bar.

This is the captain speaking. It appears we are going down. Now may be the time to reflect upon your life and pray to whatever deity you believe in. We know you have your choice of airlines and apparently you made the wrong one.

The eyes are the nipples of the face.

(in reply to Buddy Ackerman)
Post #: 28
RE: The Sopranos - Season 6 Downloaders Thread (Beware ... - 20/3/2006 11:00:19 PM   
Dave Novo

I thought the coma - dream was handled very well in episode 2. I can't see them keeping tony like this for the whole season tho, I reckon he'll waken up half way through and make some very dubious decisions regarding "the Family" due to any brain damge, and everyone will get affected by the ensuing fallout.

I felt very unsettled after this episode, the reality of the hospital situation was pretty depressing.

Hostia Puta

(in reply to lulu karma)
Post #: 29
RE: The Sopranos - Season 6 Downloaders Thread (Beware ... - 21/3/2006 9:18:03 AM   
calhoon

"Hey Van Helsing lets go"

Mr Walnuts, I salute you.

another cracking episode, Edie Falco was magnificent, really felt for Carmela in the hospital scenes, she hasn't lost her edge though, thought she was going to punch Rose Aprile in the canteen, when she attempted to give her advice on AJ.

Is it next sunday yet?

(in reply to Dave Novo)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> The Sopranos - Season 6 US Thread (Beware of Spoilers!) Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI