Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Silent Hill: Revelation 3D

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Silent Hill: Revelation 3D Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Silent Hill: Revelation 3D - 2/11/2012 12:17:55 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Quick... - 2/11/2012 3:20:20 PM   
Swedle

... somebody make a Game of Thrones related joke!

on a seperate note, this movie is pretty darn bad

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
What a waste of time.. - 2/11/2012 4:29:52 PM   
bryan18889

I went to see this as I had a couple of hours to kill... I wish I had slept in the car instead. It was that bad. No plot to speak of, terrible acting by the two young leads, a laughable script and an extremely dodgy American accent from Sean Bean. The only time that I was truly shocked was when Malcolm McDowell turned up in it , things can't be that bad , can they , Malcolm?

A waste of time and money and the 3D effects are completely underwhelming.

Avoid at all costs, the least scary movie I have seen in years... I'm trying to work out if I can give this zero stars as it has been given 2 stars by your reviewer which is far too generous

Post #: 3
Awful - 3/11/2012 12:36:04 PM   
sephiroth7

There is no excuse for this garbage. Truly appalling film making.

Post #: 4
Unremittingly dull. - 6/11/2012 12:29:19 AM   
TheMightyBlackout

It makes even less sense than the first film, which is an achievement given that they stop to explain everything every 12 minutes.
Like being chased though an abandoned funfair by Rammstein, but with none of the excitement that implies.

More reviews and rambling like that ^^^ at: >>>WorldOfBlackout.co.uk <<<

Post #: 5
silent hill 2 - 7/11/2012 3:14:07 PM   
king of the empire

i understand where you are coming from being an expert film credit and all but i feel ur review of silent hill 2 was kinda harsh i mean ok it wasnt exactly the best movie ever but u have to admit it was kind of entertaining more so than the previous one. film goers will not exactly be praising this movie as a huge sucess or running out in a frenzy to buy it on dvd but you cant deny though that there will come a time in ur life where ur so bored and pissed off after work that you just wanna sit back and watch sum shitty horror movie to feel better and thats where silent hill 2 comes in. i feel like no matter how bad a movie is there will always be at least one time where you feel in the mood to watch it just because your sick of watching all the classics. remember how when donnie darko first came out and it was critisized for being awful but now years later its seen as a cult classic i feel the same applys here. i feel that silent hill is a classic in terms of game to movie adaption, it wont surprise or astound you in anyway but it will pass the time for all those slacker teens on halloween who get off on wee cheap thrills like silent hill 2

Post #: 6
RE: silent hill 2 - 27/11/2012 11:40:12 PM   
Minimum Effort

Hey people, Joey here from Minimum Effort Youtube channel, i have video reviewed this film and would love to hear your opinions on it.

p.s contains strong language ;)

< Message edited by Minimum Effort -- 28/11/2012 8:47:53 PM >

Find out Movie and Game reviews here - http://www.youtube.com/user/MinimumEffort
Follow us on Twitter - https://twitter.com/MinimumEffort66
Or on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/minimum.effort

The Podcast is up! - http://minimumeffort.podbean.com/

(in reply to king of the empire)
Post #: 7
RE: silent hill 2 - 3/12/2012 2:48:40 AM   
carleslempner

I liked the first Silent Hill movie a lot, but thought it weakened toward the end. This movie's primary focus was the hokey subject matter the first movie ended on. It was horrible. The story and dialog were idiotic. There were 3D gimmick shots (e.g. swords being shoved in your direction) every 3 minutes gratuitously. I fell asleep twice. A big rotten stinking turd of a movie. There were some cool special effects, but the imagery still fell far short of the first movie. How they got anyone in Hollywood with a name to show their faces in this thing is a mystery to me.

I love the cinema!

(in reply to Minimum Effort)
Post #: 8
RE: silent hill 2 - 23/12/2012 7:18:57 AM   
Phubbs

Silent Hill: Revelation 3D

The obvious sequel to the surprisingly decent first film but does this follow suit with good looks and swift chills?. No, no it doesn't, I'm not gonna beat around the bush this is your complete and utter obligatory pointless sequel that has lost all of the originals plus points...almost.

Plot is suppose to follow 'Silent Hill 3' but I can't say either way as I've never played the games. So I guess I can't really moan about it as it may be faithful, that still doesn't excuse it being rubbish though. Basically the cult that wreaked havoc for 'Sharon' in the first film are somehow still around and after her ass to drag back to Silent Hill for more satanic like rituals...as you do.

Didn't 'Sharon' kill off all the cult folk in the first film? didn't she also merge with the bad half of herself...'Alessa' and close that chapter also?. Yep that's what I thought yet somehow we are back to square one again in this sequel.

The cult manage to nab her dad (Bean is back with his dodgy US accent) so she is forced back to Silent Hill to rescue him. All this does is equal a lot of your typical standard horror fair as a blonde runs around screaming loads as she bumps into all manner of unique looking monsters. Almost an excuse just to show off new monsters really.

The monsters are very good looking and original in design I won't deny but there is no point to them. The intro of 'Pyramid Head' back into the fray is also pointless as again there is no reason for him to be there, he's just there because he's the most famous monster in the franchise. The visuals are still pretty crisp and full of blood n gore but that can't hide the sheer waste of time this film is. Pyramid also saves 'Heather/Sharon' on two occasions, not sure whether he meant to or not though, so is he a savior for good now?.

The cast is fine and continuity is upheld nicely as we do see Mitchell again (briefly), as I said Bean is back. Carrie-Anne Moss is the new main baddie here and basically does what the previous character tried in the first film, all over again (groan!). The best bit about her is when she changes into her monster alternate (so not a real person then?) which looks suspiciously like a character from 'Hellraiser' hehe but its a cool design. Malcolm McDowell is in there too for a small cameo, could have been anyone, made no difference, just a big name to grab more attention methinks.

It just feels desperately and awkwardly pieced together to squeeze out a money spinning sequel. If the film is faithful to the game then kudos, I don't know, as a newbie it just feels rehashed to me. Most of the same monsters are back and the ending just sets up yet more cash in sequels making you sense a 'Resident Evil' style run. At least it does look good and they have kept the adult theme unlike the other franchise I just mentioned.

(in reply to carleslempner)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Silent Hill: Revelation 3D Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI