Canadian Subscribers

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Magazine >> Canadian Subscribers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Canadian Subscribers - 1/11/2012 4:56:47 PM   
owenyunfat

Can someone explain the generic pricing for subscriptions to customers outside of the UK/US and EUROPE?
Having read the magazine for 13 plus years in the UK I now live in Canada and wish to remain reading it, although I am paying 8-9GBP in the local Chapters store and the issue is either a month or even two months behind, finally got the James Bond issue last Friday!!!
Why is it customers in the US can have the subscription for half of a Canadian subscriber yet we are next to each other, I understand costs, postage agreements, etc, play a part. But can it really cost the same price to receive Empire in Australia or the Ivory Coast as it does to Canada?
Is there anyway a reduction can be put in place? Or a loyalty scheme or something as that doesn't even seem to be a rival film magazine in Canada.
Any response would be appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: Canadian Subscribers - 1/11/2012 6:16:38 PM   
Robsingh

You would be surprised at how the postage costs vary country to country. Ireland, which is the closest countries to the UK is much more expensive to mail to than Poland which is much further away!

The US is quite unique as we get greater discounts through flying the copies in bulk with other publications to the US and mailing them there. Copies mailed to Canada will have the charge to send to the US plus the additional postage into Canada applied.

Also, our fairly primitive systems only give us 4 procong options that we can set - UK, US, EU and ROW

If you have an iPad,Canadians can download the US edition of Empire for just $19.99 a year (Still written by us, but with reviews more inline with North American release dates)

The UK ed which is availible everywhere else is 30, so its not all bad being a Canadian Empire fan!

Rob Singh
Empire Direct Marketing Manager

If you have a problem with your subscription call -
01858 438806 or email bauer@subscription.co.uk

(in reply to owenyunfat)
Post #: 2
RE: Canadian Subscribers - 1/11/2012 6:23:43 PM   
owenyunfat

Thanks for the quick response.

Pretty new to reading magazines online/downloading them - can you access these on E-Readers as well as the Ipad?

Do the Ipad/downloaded editions include all the articles as per the paper release (as well as the North American reviews)?

Thanks

(in reply to Robsingh)
Post #: 3
RE: Canadian Subscribers - 27/11/2012 11:48:57 AM   
Ti

Mr. Singh, I am still waiting for my Hobbit issue here, across the pond (US).
Should I give it another week or should I call the Empire offices to send another copy?

It's true, I'm a rageoholic! I just can't get enough RAGEOHOL!

My books

My Blu-ray collection

(in reply to Robsingh)
Post #: 4
RE: Canadian Subscribers - 29/11/2012 4:10:28 PM   
Robsingh

Yes give the chaps in my forum signature a shout they should be able to help you

Thanks
Rob

Rob Singh
Empire Direct Marketing Manager

If you have a problem with your subscription call -
01858 438806 or email bauer@subscription.co.uk

(in reply to Ti)
Post #: 5
RE: Canadian Subscribers - 11/1/2013 3:03:34 PM   
owenyunfat

Gave in and subscribed (no ipad), does anyone subscribe from Canada and no roughly how long the issues take to arrive, I am due my first issue now (the Feb issue)?

(in reply to Robsingh)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Magazine >> Canadian Subscribers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI