Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Will there ever be a good movie based on a video game?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Will there ever be a good movie based on a video game? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Will there ever be a good movie based on a video game? - 14/11/2012 12:39:00 PM   
ripperman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tidus

I think an awesome Ratchett and Clank CGI movie could be made for kids if the writers were the same guys who wrote the game scripts and they used the same voice actors.

Thats a good call. I think I remember them being surprisingly charming and funny.

As regards something completely different the reboot of Mortal Kombat, supposedly coming out next year looks like its going to be taking an interesting approach.

(in reply to Tidus)
Post #: 31
RE: Will there ever be a good movie based on a video game? - 14/11/2012 1:44:51 PM   
Qwerty Norris

I've always felt that if the right people got involved, Bioshock has the potential to be a great, nerve-shredder of a film.

The cost of the production design might be a bit of drawback though....

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to ripperman)
Post #: 32
RE: Will there ever be a good movie based on a video game? - 14/11/2012 2:04:49 PM   
ripperman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Qwerty Norris

I've always felt that if the right people got involved, Bioshock has the potential to be a great, nerve-shredder of a film.

The cost of the production design might be a bit of drawback though....

Agreed and yeah I would imagine the production cost to get something like Rapture set up and looking good would be huge and off putting for studios

(in reply to Qwerty Norris)
Post #: 33
RE: Will there ever be a good movie based on a video game? - 14/11/2012 2:24:53 PM   
shool

Yup a kids film of Monkey Island would be awesome... if done right.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to ripperman)
Post #: 34
RE: Will there ever be a good movie based on a video game? - 15/11/2012 1:34:01 AM   
Tidus

quote:

ORIGINAL: ripperman

quote:

I think an awesome Ratchett and Clank CGI movie could be made for kids if the writers were the same guys who wrote the game scripts and they used the same voice actors.

Thats a good call. I think I remember them being surprisingly charming and funny.

As regards something completely different the reboot of Mortal Kombat, supposedly coming out next year looks like its going to be taking an interesting approach.

I've been reading quite a bit about the MK reboot this week, It looks like it could be really good.
I remember watching the 8min short, and being super impressed, that the director did a couple of years back as a teaser of how his vision of a MK movie would look.
I am well up for this,

I'm not here, this isn't happening

(in reply to ripperman)
Post #: 35
RE: Will there ever be a good movie based on a video game? - 15/11/2012 12:35:33 PM   
ripperman

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: ripperman

quote:

I've been reading quite a bit about the MK reboot this week, It looks like it could be really good.
I remember watching the 8min short, and being super impressed, that the director did a couple of years back as a teaser of how his vision of a MK movie would look.
I am well up for this,

Yeah its good isnt it? He went on to direct the web mini series Legacy which was also very good. Ed Boon the creator of Mortal Kombat has given his blessing for a new film to be directed by him. As far as I know they’re going to reign it in a bit from the original short but if it’s anything like the series even, then it should be good.

(in reply to Tidus)
Post #: 36
RE: Will there ever be a good movie based on a video game? - 17/11/2012 3:11:45 AM   
Tidus

I watched all of Legacy last night, it was totally bad-ass.
If that was all put together back to back as a single movie I would say it is easily the best videogame movie ever,

I'm not sure what's going on with the movie because Kevin Tancharoen is doing season 2 of legacy first so I don't know if it will tie in or not because he has said Legacy 2 will be the tournament but I suppose the movie could be the next tournament.

To answer the original question of this thread I will go on record as saying "Yes, the new mortal kombat movie"

Anyone who hasn't watched Legacy yet needs to go youtube right now!!! They're all there in HD

I'm not here, this isn't happening

(in reply to ripperman)
Post #: 37
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Will there ever be a good movie based on a video game? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI