Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

A New(er) Hope

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> A New(er) Hope Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A New(er) Hope - 3/11/2012 2:58:48 AM   
intelandroid

I used to be the biggest Star Wars geek in this or any other galaxy, until the prequels leached the fanboy essence from my veins like so many dissipating midichlorians. (Ugh.) Revenge of the Sith was the worst of the lot, not just because it was stupid and pointless and had no emotional resonance whatsoever (all three prequels were like that), but also because it felt like a betrayal: as the final chapter of the saga, it was supposed to be, to use Obi-Wan Kenobi's words, "our last hope." I was so disgusted with Star Wars that I gave away-- yes, GAVE AWAY-- all the toys, books, and games in my considerable collection. And now, after reading Helen O-Hara's brilliant article-- whatever you're paying her, Empire, it's not enough-- I know that Sith WASN'T our last hope, after all. To quote Yoda, "There is another." At least three more, in fact. And for the first time in many years, I'm wondering if I can get some of my Star Wars stuff back...

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
RE: A New(er) Hope - 3/11/2012 8:10:05 AM   
homersimpson_esq

"...the one proven space series..."

This statement is illogical, as a pointy-eared, green-blooded half-breed might say.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to intelandroid)
Post #: 32
DGA - 3/11/2012 5:27:02 PM   
99intheshade

Hopefully Disney will hammer out an agreement with the DGA and get the opening credits terms cancelled that wouldn't allow Spielberg to direct any of the prequels. I can't see them getting rid of the opening crawl so unless the DGA relents the choice of available directors will be somewhat limited.

Post #: 33
- 4/11/2012 6:37:01 PM   
echofalls

Totally agree with 'richardpettet'; you cannot replace Han Solo...I know all the arguments about the Star Trek reboot but c'mon...there are certain films you simply CANNOT remake and recasting is just one step away from remaking (or rebooting!) Star Trek was reworked for years through countless interpretations on TV so recasting was not so big a deal in my view. Plus, controversially, Star Trek never really produced true copper bottomed classics (sorry about the Alan Partridge reference) the way that Star Wars did (ie IV and V) Its all very well 'rebooting' Batman or remaking the Hitcher but even Hollywood surely knows some films cannot be touched; a new Jaws anyone? A new Godfather? A rebooted Star Wars? No thanks. Harrison Ford IS Han Solo; everyone else is just pretending in the school yard.

Post #: 34
Episode 7: A New Hope - 6/11/2012 10:41:35 PM   
bnicholson50

The director should be Genndy Tartakovsky. For two reasons
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VB_vjVxcic&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2b8jevcX4c

Failing that, i'd give it Sandy Collora

Post #: 35
- 10/11/2012 11:41:08 PM   
DrSFrood

Total tangent, but...

In my massively self-regarding opinion, Disney's first step should be to release Super Definitive Collectors Ultimate Edition boxsets of each of the original trilogy, Bladerunner style, including the original theatrical versions, digitally remastered widescreen versions, special edition, I dunno a working print...

George Lucas may consider each new iteration to be the 'proper' version of the film, but people tend to like some choice in these matters - it's the difference between being offered a cappuccino and being told you can't buy a cup of black coffee. That would help heal the rift between Lucas and Star Wars fans and make a big old pile of money to fund all the new Star Wars rides at Disney theme parks.

PS: I took up the middle class hobby du jour and stared a blog. This is a shameless plug (insert Wayne Rooney joke here) for it, but I recast Star Wars A New Hope. Check it out...

http://froodianpseudoanalysis.wordpress.com

Two words: Christopher Walken

Post #: 36
Music - 11/11/2012 12:22:20 AM   
Martypants

One guy I've not heard being mentioned much and who in my eyes ( and ears) is a critical ingredient to the new Star Wars films and that would be John Williams. I guess it stands to reason that he would be involved?

Post #: 37
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> A New(er) Hope Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI