Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

The Future Of Star Wars: Possible Plots For Episode VII

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> The Future Of Star Wars: Possible Plots For Episode VII Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Future Of Star Wars: Possible Plots For Episode VII - 31/10/2012 11:17:50 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Legacy Of The Force, yes please - 31/10/2012 11:17:50 AM   
Dannybohy

Legacy Of The Force is good for me! makes most sense and we can still see old cast members :)

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Legacy of the Force... - 31/10/2012 11:29:37 AM   
TCaredda

Has to be a Legacy based film.
The series of books was so awesome. Plus i like the idea of getting the original actors back as supporting characters to keep the connection with the original trilogy going, while having new characters at the forefront
Could be great!

Post #: 3
- 31/10/2012 12:12:58 PM   
Razorus

No! No Legacy of the Force! Do you really think Mark Hamill would come back to do a cameo? Harrison Ford? No way Jose. It would never work. My money's on the Legacy comic series which I started reading a couple of years ago. New characters, great story, a darker, more mature take on the franchise (main dude Cade Skywalker is a Force wielding bounty hunter who may or may not be a crackhead) and an awesome villain with ties to the Clone Wars. Let's go!

Post #: 4
Legacy of the Force! - 31/10/2012 12:18:52 PM   
P3RCY

Wouldn't give Christina Hendricks a lightsaber! what about Gina Carano?!

Post #: 5
- 31/10/2012 12:24:23 PM   
DanTDavies

Please can we have: Jar Jar Binks! In an adventure with Ewoks! Can't be worse than Attack of the Clones...

Post #: 6
Legacy of the Force - 31/10/2012 1:27:39 PM   
Ben Myers

Only issue I see with Legacy Of The Force is that Jacen Solo's arc could wind up looking very similar to that of Anakin's in the prequels. Otherwise I'd love to see the original characters brought back. However, anyone who thinks the original cast would ever come back are dreaming.

Post #: 7
Thrawn trilogy! - spin-offs best left to TV... - 31/10/2012 1:30:11 PM   
ZakE94

I always thought Timothy Zahn's Thrawn trilogy was a good continuation of the story and have suspected that at some point George Lucas would look into developing it into films, but there are some obvious big problems with casting etc. and I wouldn't expect to see Heir to the Empire as a film for another decade if at all. As for the more sort of spin-offs of the franchise, TV shows seem a great idea (especially with the films' lesser, but still much loved, characters - yes I mean Boba Fett), however spin-off films seem a bad idea to me...

Post #: 8
Disney Star Wars film? - 31/10/2012 2:05:36 PM   
Jamie_M

Now that Disney have the rights I'm worred,, I mean what if they make a kid friendly Star Wars movie, based around an annoying child and goofy idiotic characters and,,,, oh no, wait!

Post #: 9
A Thrawn trilogy adaptation is most likely - 31/10/2012 2:19:46 PM   
jfalconic

Heir to the Empire and its sequels are probably closest in story and in feel to the other movies, and Disney won't want to take a big gamble with a story that's too farfetched or in a too distant future (or past) for mainstream fans.
If they're going to continue this trend of making more movies, It would be nice to see it develop into the New Jedi Order, Legacy of the Force and SW: Legacy , although I don't know how well some of it will translate to film without filling in the plot elements and events of stories in between. I don't care for Dark Empire at all; that story is atrocious and should be ignored. As cool as Rogue Squadron is in concept, I don't know if it's relevant enough for fans of the force power/lightsaber fight crowd and people who want to see their favorite characters from the films. I have no problem with Boba Fett's return, as long as it isn't in Dark Empire.
The biggest possibility I see is for Disney to ignore/rewrite the Expanded Universe altogether. Nobody wants to see that happen, but they will do whatever think would be the most successful film. And since they will definitely not translate the books verbatim (some of it is retconned anyway) , I think we can expect it to be rewritten to some degree. Unfortunately, this looks like the direction they're headed unless they change their minds.

I was sad when I read this:
http://www.eonline.com/news/358685/star-wars-7-plot-will-be-an-original-story-says-lucasfilm-source

Post #: 10
GREAT BLOG ON STARWARS.COM - 31/10/2012 2:20:56 PM   
djphilla

This is a great blog from Steve Sansweet and JW RInzler over at starwars.com talking about the subsequent trilogies and how they & George Lucas have discussed over the years. Well worth a read:

Sansweet - http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/index.php/2012/10/30/lucasfilm-disney-more-star-wars-and-great-times-for-fans/
Rinzler: http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/index.php/2012/10/30/the-long-winding-and-shapeshifting-trail-to-episodes-vii-viii-ix/

Post #: 11
Cinematic Moment - 31/10/2012 3:08:59 PM   
edward.reed

Sorry to be a geek, but there is a proto Star Destroyer crash landing on Coruscant in Revenge of the Sith... [hangs head in shame]

Post #: 12
Hopefully something new in a galaxy we all know!!! - 31/10/2012 3:11:24 PM   
Funk_Knight

I hope we don't do this again!!!! Fans start saying what should or should not happen in the next films.... Thrawn is one of my favorite characters, and the Heir to Empire Trilogy is one of the best series IMO, but...hopefully, this is gonna be new fresh Star Wars. There is a video on You Tube called Star Wars: The SKYWALKER Saga (Episode I-VI) so what ever is next may be a new saga altogether. Anyhoo - I think that they may do away with LEGACY comics (not to be confused with 'Legacy of the Force'), (Thank goodness!!!) as the major events surrounding Jacen Solo may have triggered a different future (New Jedi Order - Legacy of the Force - Fate of the Jedi). Just had a new though! I wonder if JJ Abrams is moving the earth to direct...?

Post #: 13
OR...NONE OF THE ABOVE! - 31/10/2012 3:16:45 PM   
crossinski

I think it's more likely that none of these sources will provide either the inspiration or the storyline for a new trilogy. It's been noted that the treatment for EP 7 has been outlined by Lucas himself, and he's hardly likely to base his last creative involvement for his creation on someone else's fan fiction (however canonical or not the Star Wars community deem it to be!) And that suits me just fine - with the idea out there that we'll be getting new Star Wars from a new creative team (building blocks supplied by Lucas - fine) the last thing I'd want is for it to be based on a storyline that's already been attempted - Give me NEW! (oh, and for the record, I'd be very surprised to see any of the original trilogy actors in this - new characters, new stars, possibly with hereditary links to what has gone before...?!?) Whatever, this is great news in my opinion!!!

Post #: 14
http://commonprosperity.org/ - 1/11/2012 11:18:13 AM   
common41

I think it's more likely that none of these sources will provide either the inspiration or the storyline for a new trilogy. It's been noted that the treatment for EP 7 has been outlined by Lucas himself, and he's hardly likely to base his last creative involvement for his creation on someone else's fan fiction (however canonical or not the Star Wars community deem it to be!) And that suits me just fine - with the idea out there that we'll be getting new Star Wars from a new creative team (building blocks supplied by Lucas - fine) the last thing I'd want is for it to be based on a storyline that's already been attempted - Give me NEW! (oh, and for the record, I'd be very surprised to see any of the original trilogy actors in this - new characters, new stars, possibly with hereditary links to what has gone before...?!?) Whatever, this is great news in my opinion!!! More

Post #: 15
- 2/11/2012 12:12:46 AM   
elmorello

I think that most of these movie suggestions for Episod VII are well wide of the mark. No way are they going to do anything set in the distant past. Maybe something a couple of decades after the events of Return of the Jedi but I think thay they will keep it simple and carry on more or less after where Jedi left off. Casting new actors worked perfectly in the Star Trek reboot so I don´t see why it shouldn´t work for Star Wars with new actors playing Luke, Han and Leia. Any story without these characters is just going to be 2nd best just as we saw with the inferior prequels.

Post #: 16
- 2/11/2012 2:51:02 AM   
Ambaryerno

Ugh, PLEASE no to NJO and Legacy of the Force. Those series were "Star Wars" in name only, nothing about them fit with the feel of the Trilogy, and TONS of it made absolutely no sense. Jacen Solo as a Sith Lord? Please. And how the heck does an unstable and psychotic megalomaniacal war criminal like Daala (who btw, gets my vote as one of the WORST Star Wars villains EVER) get elected head of the government she spent most of her life FIGHTING? Especially when all the major players of said government KNEW SHE WAS NUTS. And whoever thought killing Mara Jade was a GOOD idea? Yeah, brilliant move.

Anything that flushes NJO and LotF out of continuity would be an improvement. As far as I'm concerned they never happened, anyway, and I stop with the Hand of Thrawn.

That said, I DO want to see Mara in the movies. As I mentioned above she's one of the most popular characters in the entire franchise and her fanbase is probably larger than that of the entire Prequel Trilogy. There'd be one massive collective nerdgasm if she were to appear.

Post #: 17
Once again I find myself questioning why I come to this... - 2/11/2012 3:06:02 PM   
potemkin1925

stick to telling us movie news and interviews and creating imaginative stories to real writers, Empire.

Post #: 18
Once again I find myself questioning why I come to this... - 2/11/2012 3:06:06 PM   
potemkin1925

stick to telling us movie news and interviews and creating imaginative stories to real writers, Empire.

Post #: 19
Going Solo - 2/11/2012 7:40:34 PM   
makeminemedia

if Lucas has learnt ONE thing and only ONE thing from the star wars prequels...we NEED a han solo character. We need someone of questionable moral character! It can't be all jedi! The problem with the prequels is we re-visit so many of the gems of the original series (like luke's hand being cut off and anakin's) we need to create something new! Thrawn was a favourite charcter growing up and dark troopers were an excelent toy to have! Like vader and the terminator!

Post #: 20
bridging the gaps between both trilogys - 3/11/2012 2:55:06 PM   
jamesdh

Some of the items listed sound a good idea. However what about doing the following books:
Labyrinth if evil set between episode 2 and three where general grevious arrives in the republic and kidnaps palpatine.

Shadows of the empire set between episode 5 and 6 which shows the the alliance planning to rescue Han from jabba the hutt a

and last of all the truce at bakura set right after episode 6 where the rebels try and bring peace to bakura.

Post #: 21
Lending a Han-d - 7/11/2012 5:37:49 PM   
Rahl

I would so love to see Timothy Zahn's Thrawn series as the next Trilogy. An absolutely brilliant set of books that I fell in love with straight away. As for the recasting issue, there are plenty of decent age-appropriate actors that could take on the Luke/Leia roles but for me there is only one for Han Solo ...talented, witty and the spitting image of a young Harrison Ford ...Stargate: Atlantis Alum Joe Flannigan would be perfect.

Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> The Future Of Star Wars: Possible Plots For Episode VII Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI