Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Star Wars: Episode 7

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 1/11/2012 7:18:07 PM   
cerebusboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Keyser Sozzled

quote:

ORIGINAL: cerebusboy

quote:

Ths thread is getting dragged seriously off topic. Its Future Film.

Its Star Wars Episode 7.

I'm pretty sure it's not "The prequals were REALLY, LOLOMG!!11!!" nor are they "Are you well thick, da prequals were the gay"

Can we PLEASE focus on episode 7?

Please?

My opinion, as a 30 something Star Wars fan, is that I'd rather have prequel-style sequels than Avengers-with-lightsabres. You might disagree with me, but it's a legitimate pov.

Well as 33 year fan I would say that A) Don't be so fucking condescending and B) You're entitled to that opinion however that's not an excuse to drag the topic into a discussion about the prequals in terms of performances, script etc.

Condescending? You characterised the last few pages as "The prequals were REALLY, LOLOMG!!11!!" nor are they "Are you well thick, da prequals were the gay"
Nobody has posted anything like that. I posted, albeit earlier in the thread, the Wookiepedia episode VII article (which covers all the history of the supposed third trilogy) , discussed Vad3r's contention that the new films will have to include some of the iconic characters, the limitations of the EU post-Jedi stories etc etc. Sorry if the last few pages haven't been to your liking. I'm sure I'm not the only one currently asking "how high?" on the way up

Bringing this back On Topic, what do you think Episode VIII should involve?

Plus, I've already apologised for anyone who may have misperceived any inadvertent off topic. Let's keep this focused on Episode VII.

< Message edited by cerebusboy -- 1/11/2012 7:24:26 PM >

(in reply to Keyser Sozzled)
Post #: 181
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 1/11/2012 7:18:29 PM   
Keyser Sozzled

It's ok, Hood you've got a good personality

I have no idea who any of them are, apart from Terry Pratchett who I know has got a beard and keeps going on about killing himself but never does.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 182
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 1/11/2012 7:20:47 PM   
cerebusboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

Personally, I would like to see Grand Admiral Thrawn on the big screen, but what-eva!

Recasting Han et all? I know not everyone agreed with the Paul Dano Luke Skywalker suggestion, but you can see Disney thinking a young/trendy Twilight/Hunger Games cast might be a good idea for Episode VII.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 183
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 1/11/2012 7:24:01 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

Aww shucks, you're just saying that

Post #: 184
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 1/11/2012 7:25:04 PM   
Keyser Sozzled

quote:

quote:

Yeah fair enough.............

I have no idea who any of them are, apart from Terry Pratchett who I know has got a beard and keeps going on about killing himself but never does.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 185
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 1/11/2012 7:27:29 PM   
cerebusboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah fair enough.............

Come on guys, let's try and keep this focused on On Topic Episode VII discussion.

Post #: 186
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 1/11/2012 7:39:03 PM   
Keyser Sozzled

I honestly don't know what I want from E7.

That's half the fun. I know what I don't want though, I don't want a reboot, I don't want a movie which shoehorns iconic characters in and completely fucks up the last shred of continuity the series has. An origin story might work but as has been said before the problem with a new story is trying to top the villain.

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 187
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 1/11/2012 8:25:34 PM   
Dirk Miggler

quote:

quote:

Personally, I would like to see Grand Admiral Thrawn on the big screen, but what-eva!

Recasting Han et all? I know not everyone agreed with the Paul Dano Luke Skywalker suggestion, but you can see Disney thinking a young/trendy Twilight/Hunger Games cast might be a good idea for Episode VII.

You could argue they already tried that with AOTC, granted that was pre Twilight. TBH I couldn't think of anything worse.

Casting wise, it all depends on how far the set it after ROTJ.

For me the story has to be told around the Han/Leia offspring, set something like 30 years after the events of Jedi. I think that will give them more scope to go in new directions and not be too bogged down with having to tie everything in with the previous films and personally I hope we see a different type of Jedi in the new films.

Ill be honest I'm more excited by these than I was by the prospect of the prequels, with the prequels we knew what was coming. No clue with this, hopefully they can get the right people involved and if the Marvel films are anything to go by then they at least have a good eye for casting.

< Message edited by Dirk Miggler -- 1/11/2012 8:34:55 PM >

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 188
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 1/11/2012 8:33:53 PM   
Dirk Miggler

quote:

That's half the fun. I know what I don't want though, I don't want a reboot, I don't want a movie which shoehorns iconic characters in and completely fucks up the last shred of continuity the series has. An origin story might work but as has been said before the problem with a new story is trying to top the villain.

Here here I don't want to see any character from the previous films unless they're adding to the story.

Post #: 189
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 1/11/2012 9:29:02 PM   
Private Hudson

How can anyone be upset at the prospect of new Star Wars movies. I was very, very upset when I watched the credits roll on ROTS... I remember thinking "Well, that is it."

I hope they do something new with some familiar characters ie C3PO and R2D2 and obviously have the Jedis and the Force at the centre of it. I do hope they don't have The Sith in it, but go somewhere different with the saga.

I also am glad they are not doing the Zahn books. Not that there is anything wrong with them, but let us see some new worlds and new characters.

Watch my spoof movie of FULL METAL JACKET here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCGRWVvM-Zo&feature=plcp&context=C31ca298UDOEgsToPDskJ4_UorjolrWTaxEGMj5GO0

(in reply to Dirk Miggler)
Post #: 190
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 1/11/2012 9:31:27 PM   
Private Hudson

Also as some have said here, surely if it is episode VII then it has to follow on from VI?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCGRWVvM-Zo&feature=plcp&context=C31ca298UDOEgsToPDskJ4_UorjolrWTaxEGMj5GO0

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 191
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 1/11/2012 9:36:01 PM   
vad3r

quote:

I know not everyone agreed with the Paul Dano Luke Skywalker suggestion, but you can see Disney thinking a young/trendy Twilight/Hunger Games cast might be a good idea for Episode VII.

This.

Not that it's a bad thing.

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 192
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 1/11/2012 10:09:21 PM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Private Hudson
I hope they do something new with some familiar characters ie C3PO and R2D2 and obviously have the Jedis and the Force at the centre of it. I do hope they don't have The Sith in it, but go somewhere different with the saga.

I also am glad they are not doing the Zahn books. Not that there is anything wrong with them, but let us see some new worlds and new characters.

There's a contradiction there somewhere

quote:

Also as some have said here, surely if it is episode VII then it has to follow on from VI?

The question is how much time has elapsed between the two films. There's, what, 18 or 19 years between Sith and Star Wars? It's not impossible that Disney could increase that time between Jedi and VII. Maybe they'll be bold and increase it significantly (which I would probably find more interesting than the obvious route of a film about Han and Leia's kids or something). For all we know the main character may not even be human.

< Message edited by superdan -- 1/11/2012 10:10:12 PM >

(in reply to Private Hudson)
Post #: 193
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 1/11/2012 11:32:10 PM   
cerebusboy

quote:

I agree with Lucas that the Skywalker story, at least, ends with VI. Vader's redeemed, Luke's saved the galaxy - what else is there to say? I liked Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystall Skull (not as good as the Dark Knight Rises though, best film of the year by miles) , but a lot of people obviously felt (script issues aside) that OAP Indy was just a bad idea. And surely Han Solo is just as iconic as Indiana Jones, meaning nobody but Ford can play him? And so, too, with Leia and Luke? Hell, it would have been jarring if Anthony Daniels hadn't done the prequels threepio! Plus, I know it's a vast galaxy, but surely a lot of people (who didn't like the prequels) want Episode VII to be classic OT style adventure? Surely that precludes a lot of the EU style stuff? I mean, one of the biggest stories there was the Yuuzhan Vong alien invasion - an alien invasion story with ''Star Wars'' in the title isn't likely to have that OT feel. Boba Fett's cool, but a whole movie about bounty hunters, say, would feel like a tv show on the big screen, like with the crappy (e.g. Insurrection) trek movies.

Disney do a lot with Tim Burton; maybe they'll go for someone like him to put a distinctive stamp on a classic 'good v evil' story. Chronologically speaking, though, if they have Jedis in the new film (and they should!) then arguably you're dealing with Skywalkers anyway - because Luke's the last one left, so he has to set up a new Jedi order, even if you don't want to use the exact EU stories. Timetravel might be the way forward - there's no point in having a story a hundred years after Episode VI, say, and then doing a rehash of the PT/OT (loads of jedi, sith rise, baddies control galaxy wipe out jedi, jedi rise and beat baddies/wipe out sith) but without the crucial father/son relationship that made those six movies such a brilliant story.

Post #: 194
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 1/11/2012 11:35:39 PM   
cerebusboy

quote:

Yeah, good point. I don't even think Thrawn's that impressive, at least by Emperor/Vader standards. Everyone loves the Hutts, so you could have them in an Episode VII, even though Jabba's dead obviously.

Post #: 195
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 1/11/2012 11:48:04 PM   
Private Hudson

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

quote:

The question is how much time has elapsed between the two films. There's, what, 18 or 19 years between Sith and Star Wars? It's not impossible that Disney could increase that time between Jedi and VII. Maybe they'll be bold and increase it significantly (which I would probably find more interesting than the obvious route of a film about Han and Leia's kids or something). For all we know the main character may not even be human.

It isn't really. Tell a new story with new characters but have our two familiar, loveable narrators appearing.

I agree with you in that I would like to see the new films being set a bit further on, and in fact I am not too keen on any link with the Skywalkers at all.

I would like to think the entire Star Wars saga is actually all about The Force.

So let us see the Jedi (in whatever form they may be in) face a challenge from something other than The Sith, but again something that will affect The Force.

I loved the idea of the title of one of the prequels to be called "The Balance of the Force" and hope perhaps that the last movie in this new trilogy may be called that.

But let us explore new planets and even a new galaxy. The Skywalker saga is complete.

Mind you Anakin/Vader was the person who brought Balance to the Force, but there are a million ways that The Force can be imbalanced again I am sure.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 196
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 1/11/2012 11:53:41 PM   
Private Hudson

quote:

quote:

I agree with Lucas that the Skywalker story, at least, ends with VI. Vader's redeemed, Luke's saved the galaxy - what else is there to say? I liked Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystall Skull (not as good as the Dark Knight Rises though, best film of the year by miles) , but a lot of people obviously felt (script issues aside) that OAP Indy was just a bad idea. And surely Han Solo is just as iconic as Indiana Jones, meaning nobody but Ford can play him? And so, too, with Leia and Luke? Hell, it would have been jarring if Anthony Daniels hadn't done the prequels threepio! Plus, I know it's a vast galaxy, but surely a lot of people (who didn't like the prequels) want Episode VII to be classic OT style adventure? Surely that precludes a lot of the EU style stuff? I mean, one of the biggest stories there was the Yuuzhan Vong alien invasion - an alien invasion story with ''Star Wars'' in the title isn't likely to have that OT feel. Boba Fett's cool, but a whole movie about bounty hunters, say, would feel like a tv show on the big screen, like with the crappy (e.g. Insurrection) trek movies.

Disney do a lot with Tim Burton; maybe they'll go for someone like him to put a distinctive stamp on a classic 'good v evil' story. Chronologically speaking, though, if they have Jedis in the new film (and they should!) then arguably you're dealing with Skywalkers anyway - because Luke's the last one left, so he has to set up a new Jedi order, even if you don't want to use the exact EU stories. Timetravel might be the way forward - there's no point in having a story a hundred years after Episode VI, say, and then doing a rehash of the PT/OT (loads of jedi, sith rise, baddies control galaxy wipe out jedi, jedi rise and beat baddies/wipe out sith) but without the crucial father/son relationship that made those six movies such a brilliant story.

Yeah a lot of good points in this I agree with.

Yeah maybe Luke is dead but he is the Father of the new Jedi movement? I can't see any Star Wars film not having Jedi and The Force not being in it.

Yes, I would leave Han Solo be. He is and always will be Harrison Ford, in the same way the adult Indiana Jones is too.

I personally wouldn't let anyone so poor as Tim Burton near Star Wars. The guy has a very poor track record. Most of his films are utter pants! Look at the abortion of a movie that was his Planet of the Apes. Stick to Edward Scissorhands please!

Not sure what they should do, but they must have some good ideas I am sure.

Perhaps there will be a threat from another rival Jedi faction who might not be The Sith, but are also users of The Force?

Or could we see in the future a new type of Empire or totalitarian regime who have defeated the Jedi?

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 197
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 1/11/2012 11:55:59 PM   
cerebusboy

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

quote:

It isn't really. Tell a new story with new characters but have our two familiar, loveable narrators appearing.

I agree with you in that I would like to see the new films being set a bit further on, and in fact I am not too keen on any link with the Skywalkers at all.

I would like to think the entire Star Wars saga is actually all about The Force.

So let us see the Jedi (in whatever form they may be in) face a challenge from something other than The Sith, but again something that will affect The Force.

I loved the idea of the title of one of the prequels to be called "The Balance of the Force" and hope perhaps that the last movie in this new trilogy may be called that.

But let us explore new planets and even a new galaxy. The Skywalker saga is complete.

Mind you Anakin/Vader was the person who brought Balance to the Force, but there are a million ways that The Force can be imbalanced again I am sure.

Yeah, I think George said, when people wondered how two Sith and loads of Jedi means that Force is unbalanced that the Sith are so inherently evil that, even if there's only two of them, then the force is inherently unbalanced, which is why it only becomes balanced when the Emperor dies at the end of Jedi. So if, a hundred years after Jedi, just one Sith sprung up, then the force would be unbalanced again. But I think it would pretty hard to have a post-RotJ universe - even a hundred years later - with no mention of Skywalkers. Surely Luke would have to create the new Jedis, and everyone would celebrate the dude who brought balance to the force?
Would you still have force users, if not the sith? I don't think the force should be unbalanced for non-force reasons (for example, it wasn't unbalanced because of Palpatine's *poltiical* scheming, which I think was a good choice by George)

< Message edited by cerebusboy -- 2/11/2012 12:07:34 AM >

Post #: 198
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 2/11/2012 12:06:03 AM   
cerebusboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah a lot of good points in this I agree with.

Yeah maybe Luke is dead but he is the Father of the new Jedi movement? I can't see any Star Wars film not having Jedi and The Force not being in it.

Yes, I would leave Han Solo be. He is and always will be Harrison Ford, in the same way the adult Indiana Jones is too.

I personally wouldn't let anyone so poor as Tim Burton near Star Wars. The guy has a very poor track record. Most of his films are utter pants! Look at the abortion of a movie that was his Planet of the Apes. Stick to Edward Scissorhands please!

Not sure what they should do, but they must have some good ideas I am sure.

Perhaps there will be a threat from another rival Jedi faction who might not be The Sith, but are also users of The Force?

Or could we see in the future a new type of Empire or totalitarian regime who have defeated the Jedi?

Yeah, Apes sucked, but Frankenweenie was great!

I think the problem comes down to either having the best Star Wars elements or going in a new direction. If you go with the former, then you end up with retreads of the OT (a lot of the expanded universe introduced more Jedi who were just hiding when all the other jedi got wiped out, more totalitarian regimes etc) , if you go with the latter then you get further away from the 'iconic elements of Star Wars.

I mean, I can just see the people who hated the prequels political stuff having the same reaction if Episode VII isn't a very OT-spirited sort of film. The OT characters were archetypes, but they were also definitive. The EU suffered because it had a lot of Han Solo style characters (Dash Render, Cade Skywalker) who are nothing like the real thing. And people go on about the size of the universe, but surely a new star wars film should have an epic film, where the whole fate of the galaxy is at stake? I'm sure Disney would love to create a new character who's as iconic as Darth Vader, but how likely is that? It's like trying to create a character to rival Batman and Spider-Man? If you had timetravel in the new movie then you could still have Vader, but have some new elements, creating a movie to please everyone. At the very least, there's no reason an episode vii shouldn't have all the aliens people like, such as Wookies, ewoks, kowakian moneky-lizards etc.

I can understand people wanting something new, but when Episode VII roles around it will have been 32 years since the end of the Return of the Jedi and a full decade since the last star wars film! Marvel could do two spider-man reboots in ten years There's no need not to make use of iconic star wars designs so long after the last new film.

Post #: 199
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 2/11/2012 12:18:31 AM   
cerebusboy

To play devil's advocate though, the fact that the Skywalker story is in a sense finished might be liberating. There's nothing stopping Disney making a list of the cool things that a new Star Wars movie should have - lightsabres, bounty hunters, classic adventure, sci-fi spectacle, robots, Darth Vader,humour, good visuals, aliens, monsters, the force, scale, spectacle, humour, romance, robots,memorable score,action, cool space fights, explosions, ''Nooooooooooo!", robots,bad guys in black, stormtroopers, alien planets, fast-paced, mostly visual storytelling, charismatic characters, Jedis - and then working backwards to create a story that has all those things (come on, isn't that basically what they did with the Avengers - Hulk smash, tick ; Scarlett being sexy - tick ; the heroes fighting each other before they team up - tick ; lots of RDJ Iron Man banter - tick; a genuine, world-class threat that requires all the heroes - tick. I'm not saying this as a criticism - maybe it's a good thing, bringing this back to Star Wars, to recognise that there's not story comparable to the Rise and Fall and Redemption of Anakin Skywalker, so they're more free to take a different approach.

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 200
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 2/11/2012 9:44:22 AM   
Dannybohy

My opinion, the single worst thing they could do is recast Luke, Han Leia etc. Either have them back as old versions of those characters and evolve a storyline from there, maybe around their offspring or set it much further in the future. I'm good with just hamill coming back. I like the idea of Luke being head of a new Jedi order. There is no reason why he could not of outlived everyone else, people die and hes strong with the force ;) . What we should expect is ` a new big twist` in whatever story comes out, its destiny, can it top Empires revelation?. Im excited, until I hear about recasting old characters.....fingers crossed they wont

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 201
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 2/11/2012 12:25:36 PM   
Overmind

I have prophecy:

This thread will stay top three for at least three years..

"All suspects are to be considered guilty, period. Or else they wouldn't be suspects would they?" -TROOPS

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 202
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 2/11/2012 12:44:52 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Overmind

I have prophecy:

This thread will stay top three for at least three years..

Uncertain the future is..

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to Overmind)
Post #: 203
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 2/11/2012 10:09:09 PM   
Private Hudson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

My opinion, the single worst thing they could do is recast Luke, Han Leia etc. Either have them back as old versions of those characters and evolve a storyline from there, maybe around their offspring or set it much further in the future. I'm good with just hamill coming back. I like the idea of Luke being head of a new Jedi order. There is no reason why he could not of outlived everyone else, people die and hes strong with the force ;) . What we should expect is ` a new big twist` in whatever story comes out, its destiny, can it top Empires revelation?. Im excited, until I hear about recasting old characters.....fingers crossed they wont

Yeah I think the Skywalker story is finished so let's see something new.

As for Empire's twist, well that's been diluted by the prequels and I don't think it is necessary to have one. I'd actually argue that anyone watching I to III will find Palpatine being Sidious a better twist (for those who watch it now or in the future and don't really know about ROTJ).

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 204
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 2/11/2012 10:14:38 PM   
directorscut

GET ON THE PHONE TO DAVID LYNCH, WALT.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

Post #: 205
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 2/11/2012 10:28:59 PM   
homersimpson_esq

God, the next three years are going to be long.

I have no idea of character names beyond what is in the films. Han/Leia children, casting-wise? I'd go with unknowns. A lot of the cast of Star Wars started out as unknowns, or little-knowns. For Ford Star Wars was what MADE him. He wasn't really a big star before that. Similarly Natalie Portman was a bit part actress after her child acting role in Leon. Star Wars made her name, for better or worse. What we'll get with the new Episode will be new upcoming actors who will become the next big thing (hello Ford) or not (hello Christensen) depending on the success of the film. Also some cameos from surviving characters (hello Hamill) and respected (probably British) older actors (hello Cushing, Guiness, Lee et al).

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 206
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 3/11/2012 9:12:06 AM   
cerebusboy

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

Yeah I think the Skywalker story is finished so let's see something new.

As for Empire's twist, well that's been diluted by the prequels and I don't think it is necessary to have one. I'd actually argue that anyone watching I to III will find Palpatine being Sidious a better twist (for those who watch it now or in the future and don't really know about ROTJ).

I never really bought the arguments that the prequels (aside from the actual script, casting etc) are fundamentally flawed because you know how they'll end. Everyone going to see Batman Begins knew Bruce Wayne's parents would die and he'd end up as Batman, but that didn't spoil the film! Bond's always gonna get the girl and kill the baddie, superheroes will always come out on top etc etc. Suspension of disbelief. Everyone knew Palpatine was Sidious, but it was great to see how it actually panned out. I'd love to see some classic british actors in new star wars films, especially if they get great lines like "I am the Senate" and "not from a Jedi" !

I suppose in some ways it's a shame that Episode VIII is definitely a chronological follow on from Episode VI. A lot of people dissed the prequels, but surely the era of the first Sith leaving, or perhaps even the very forming of the Jedi order would be a great one to mine, like all the background Tolkien stuff apparently being included in the Hobbit trilogy?

Post #: 207
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 3/11/2012 9:21:18 AM   
cerebusboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

GET ON THE PHONE TO DAVID LYNCH, WALT.

I'm not a big Lynch fan, but I'd be interested if any of his fans (serious question, I'm curious) had an idea of what a Lynch RotJ would have been like. Dune, except better ? I do agree that one of the cool things about Marvel's movies is that they go for unusual directors, but surely the lesson there isn't just to give (e.g.) Kenneth Branagh a call! Maybe getting someone who even Lucas and Spielberg would acknowledge as their equal would be interesting ( Terrence Malick would be an eye-catching choice).

My favourite 'kids' film of recent years is Where the Wild Things Are - Spike Jonze might make an interesting director. And Kevin Smith's a lot funnier than Simon Pegg so, if some famous fanboy is having a pass at the script, I'd vote for Kev! (Hell, you could argue that Smith's best movies - such as Chasing Amy - are still 'sentimental' and Spielberg/Lucas-y in a way not true of Pegg's best. 'Great' dialogue that largely consists of quotes from other movies, as with the rubbish Paul, would be stylistic discordant with the other Star Wars movies. Maybe the most logical choice would be to pick the guy who's most like Lucas in 1976 - an up and comer, untouched by cynicism, but with a good initial track record)

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 208
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 3/11/2012 10:02:17 AM   
DancingClown

This thread is jolly entertaining.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 209
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 3/11/2012 10:08:52 AM   
Wild about Wilder

Gotta be Peter Jackson nothing he'd be more looking forward to than a nice relaxing trilogy.

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI