Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who enter here)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who enter here) Page: <<   < prev  66 67 [68] 69 70   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 9/11/2013 4:57:23 PM   
Cool Breeze

Good that it has been pushed back, i always said they would never be able to get this film out by summer 2015 given the amount of post production a SW film needs.Still think they will be cutting it to get it out by christmas of that year.

As much as i love all six Star Wars films and the Clone wars tv series, i was initally sceptical of a new trilogy as i think ROTS was a terrific finale for the series ( in the order the films were made i mean ) but i look forward to what the future of SW brings and hope Mr Lucas is still involved as no one knows that universe more than he does.

Im currently watching season 5 of Clone Wars on blu ray and the Darth Maul arc during this series is amongst the best they have ever done.JJ and his writers will be hard pressed to top that.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 2011
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 27/11/2013 5:56:03 PM   
McLovin1981

If Jennifer Lawrence isn't cast in some capacity then I shall have to bite off my right nipple and spit it at a holy man!

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 2012
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 27/11/2013 7:45:36 PM   
[Peter] Parker

I'm personally hoping that Aaron Paul gets cast for a role, maybe a young Han Solo or something!

(in reply to McLovin1981)
Post #: 2013
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 28/11/2013 9:40:53 AM   
Artoo

quote:

ORIGINAL: [Peter] Parker

I'm personally hoping that Aaron Paul gets cast for a role, maybe a young Han Solo or something!

Haha! Yeah - "Yo! Use the force bitch!!"

Hey, get some beer and some.....cleaning products!

(in reply to [Peter] Parker)
Post #: 2014
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 1/12/2013 5:26:02 AM   
Overmind

quote:

ORIGINAL: Artoo

quote:

ORIGINAL: [Peter] Parker

Haha! Yeah - "Yo! Use the force bitch!!"

ohh master ;)

"All suspects are to be considered guilty, period. Or else they wouldn't be suspects would they?" -TROOPS

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 2015
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 11/1/2014 1:40:14 PM   
spark1

still mourning the end of SW as tri yearly event when this landed-

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/54940/star-wars-7-linked-to-expanded-universe-and-clone-wars/

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/54996/star-wars-canon-change-risks-pissing-off-a-lot-of-people/

Post #: 2016
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 13/1/2014 11:03:50 AM   
film man aidy

Apart from pretty much the rest of Hollywood, we now have virtually all the main players from '12 years a slave' rumoured for a part - Fassbender, Ejiofor and Cumberbatch. Next up - Brad Pitt! Anybody else sick of the endless stream of mainstream actors being 'associated' with this project. It got announced as a project some 14 or 15 months ago and it starts shooting shortly, so what's the hold up with some casting news from Lucasfilm? Pretty much the world and his wife are expecting Hamill, Ford and Fisher to turn up in some capacity, so it's hardly going to be some grand reveal. The makers seem obsessed with the secrecy of this project, but do they really think that officially announcing the three of the 'old guard' will hurt the project?!

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 2017
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 13/1/2014 11:22:59 AM   
Rgirvan44

If they are filming in April, they will likely make the casting announcements quite soon. Sounds like they are making progress.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to film man aidy)
Post #: 2018
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 13/1/2014 4:36:09 PM   
Chris Boomen

My guess is that they are not going for the a-list stars, like Marvel did when they started their universe. They are looking for raw talent, who they can give a cheap contract, like Marvel.

A reason I could then give for the long wait would be marketing. If they are going about, casting unknowns, they need to bring them out in some way that people will accept those guys.

It's not that Star Wars needs a star-studded cast, to make money. Just saying 'guys, it's star wars', will generate a billion dollars.

"I love all the arts, but I love movies most because they combine so many of them."
~Brad Bird

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 2019
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 19/1/2014 12:03:04 PM   
spark1

no messing with canon after all-

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/star-wars-spin-offs-won-t-mess-main-152400477.html

Post #: 2020
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 21/1/2014 11:53:36 AM   
spark1

dame judi as mon mothma?

Post #: 2021
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 21/1/2014 5:04:14 PM   
Overmind

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

dame judi as mon mothma?

Poor Jacobi :)
Any news if he managed to get in talks for a part ?

"All suspects are to be considered guilty, period. Or else they wouldn't be suspects would they?" -TROOPS

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 2022
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 23/1/2014 12:52:17 PM   
spark1

may the force after all-

http://www.mania.com/star-wars-begins-shooting-may-2014_article_139082.html

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/jan/23/star-wars-episode-7-carrie-fisher

(in reply to Overmind)
Post #: 2023
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 23/1/2014 9:09:50 PM   
Ghidorah

Hard to believe we are three to four months away from production and Mark still tucking into cheese burgers. He got a lot of work to do not only to get into shape but to practice sword fighting aswell.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 2024
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 28/1/2014 9:21:00 AM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

Hard to believe we are three to four months away from production and Mark still tucking into cheese burgers. He got a lot of work to do not only to get into shape but to practice sword fighting aswell.

Why is everyone obsessing over the stars (Hamill & Fisher) weight? Who gives a fuck if they are fat and out of shape? Remember, size matters not....

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 2025
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 11/2/2014 5:36:03 PM   
Dirk Miggler

If all the cast is locked down surely announcements should be anytime now ?

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 2026
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 13/2/2014 11:48:45 AM   
spark1

ILM will base in london to handle 'ultron' and ep VII fx shots.

(in reply to Dirk Miggler)
Post #: 2027
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 18/3/2014 10:11:18 PM   
Dirk Miggler

At last some news........

http://starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-vii-set-to-roll-cameras-may-2014.html

Just not much

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 2028
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 10/4/2014 10:35:42 AM   
BelfastBoy

Just a thought - Lucasfilm and Disney are gearing up for a big SW day on 4th May (as in 'May The Fourth Be With You' - awful pun, btw!). So, I'm going to stick my neck out and suggest that the casting announcements will be made that day? It flies in the face of common sense in that the film has apparently already started shooting. So, has anyone likely been spotted in the vicinity of Pinewood Studios?!

Post #: 2029
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 27/4/2014 12:59:27 AM   
LEEJGM

I know for a fact that Harrison Ford was there a few weeks ago. Whether it was for SW7 or not, I don't know, but I'd assume so.

(in reply to BelfastBoy)
Post #: 2030
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 27/4/2014 10:05:22 AM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: LEEJGM

I know for a fact that Harrison Ford was there a few weeks ago. Whether it was for SW7 or not, I don't know, but I'd assume so.

Are they doing filming in South Kensington?

Sorry.

(in reply to LEEJGM)
Post #: 2031
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 27/4/2014 9:16:14 PM   
Rgirvan44

Ford, Fisher and Hamill are all in London just now. Hamill in particular has dropped a lot of weight and is sporting a beard.

I would bet good money on all being revealed on May 4th.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 2032
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 28/4/2014 11:58:28 AM   
spark1

this will be canon-

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/star-wars-episode-vi-new-canon-books-revealed/

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 2033
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 29/4/2014 10:09:04 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/star-wars/30283/harrison-ford-has-gigantic-part-in-star-wars-episode-vii

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 2034
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 30/4/2014 10:24:44 AM   
Drew_231

You would think the announcement of the principle cast would have generated some more discussion here......

Abrams strong point has always been his casting, with no exception here. No surprises about the original three being back, but it s still nice to see them all together.
I'm particularly excited to see what John Boyega will be doing, having rewatched ATB again fairly recently
Oscar Isaac is an interesting choice, I could easily see him as a Solo jnr.

My only real concern for the film is that they rejected the original Michael Ardnt script in favour of a more 'fan-service' take. It's a big galaxy, lets focus on something other than the (extended) Skywalker family

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 2035
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 30/4/2014 11:14:10 AM   
Artoo

Yeah I thought that! I think the main discussion is currently on the actual news items feed as opposed to this one!

Either way, I'm a little underwhelmed at the casting news on the main part! I had hoped for Benedict Cumberbatch or Gary Oldman to be cast to be honest but Andy Serkis and Max Von Sydow are good alternatives and the new additions I am most excited about. Serkis is a great actor with or without the mo-cap but I do hope this is a case of "without" as I think he'd make a great senior Jedi type at Luke Skywalkers new academy, perhaps as Luke Skywalkers right hand man or something?? Max Von Sydow on the other hand has got Sith Lord or old decrepit senator/politician type written all over him, hopefully the former as he just oozes gravitas and would own that part IMO. Boyega and Ridley will be the young padawans and the main stars over the course of the new trilogy. Adam Driver and Domhall Gleeson will also be baddies I reckon, perhaps the new Sith Lord and apprentice - meaning Von Sydow would more likely be some sort of politician type figure!! Oscar Isaac however is a mystery to me. Perhaps the new rogue of the trilogy ala Han Solo?? Maybe he's Han's apprentice!!

Either way, it's exciting news! I'm looking forward to all the speculation and arguments that will certainly follow!!

Let battle commence!

Hey, get some beer and some.....cleaning products!

(in reply to Drew_231)
Post #: 2036
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 30/4/2014 12:18:09 PM   
Chris Boomen

A bit of a sausagefest, but they're all talented. Did not mind the Efron speculation, but he would not fit in this cast. Great blend of real newcomers and some established talents.

Just think how big Inside Llewyn Davis would have been if it had been released a bit over two years later.

"I love all the arts, but I love movies most because they combine so many of them."
~Brad Bird

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 2037
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 30/4/2014 1:28:21 PM   
Dirk Miggler

Very promising looking cast. Regards the sausage fest, on the casting calls wasn't there another young female actress required ? Maybe this hasn't been cast yet....

I don't mind no Oldman and Cumberbatch as good as they are they seem to be in everything these days.

< Message edited by Dirk Miggler -- 30/4/2014 1:29:37 PM >

(in reply to Chris Boomen)
Post #: 2038
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 30/4/2014 1:43:05 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Great looking cast, here's hoping Serkis is not just doing mo cap though, and actually playing a live action character.

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

Post #: 2039
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 30/4/2014 3:04:55 PM   
Drew_231

I'm actually betting on Serkins being involved in some sort of motion capture, he's not exactly the most memorable actor when doing live action

I will be really happy if they dont go down the whole 'Luke training future Jedis and one becomes a Sith' plot we are all expecting. I think they should keep the number of force users to two at most, and keep them in background roles, like Luke as an advisor to the new characters.

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 2040
Page:   <<   < prev  66 67 [68] 69 70   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who enter here) Page: <<   < prev  66 67 [68] 69 70   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI