Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who enter here)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who enter here) Page: <<   < prev  64 65 66 [67] 68   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 27/8/2013 1:54:28 PM   
spark1

latino review have ep VII to start filming jan 21st 2014.

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 1981
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 28/8/2013 2:09:28 PM   
Hadleys_Hope

Had a nightmare a few weeks back that they cast Shia "Crystal Skull" Lebeouf in this!

I still break out in a cold sweat at times!..... Valium helps, washed down with strong Coffee!

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 1982
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 28/8/2013 2:32:35 PM   
Artoo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hadleys_Hope

Had a nightmare a few weeks back that they cast Shia "Crystal Skull" Lebeouf in this!

I still break out in a cold sweat at times!..... Valium helps, washed down with strong Coffee!

It's ok,.....they're looking at casting Zac Effron instead!

Hey, get some beer and some.....cleaning products!

(in reply to Hadleys_Hope)
Post #: 1983
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 29/8/2013 1:05:25 PM   
BelfastBoy

They're also supposedly looking at Alex Pettyfer and Rachel Hurd Wood:

http://latino-review.com/2013/08/exclusive-disney-calls-stripper-and-wendy-darling-forstar-wars-episode-vii/

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 1984
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 29/8/2013 3:45:21 PM   
Artoo

quote:

ORIGINAL: BelfastBoy

They're also supposedly looking at Alex Pettyfer and Rachel Hurd Wood:

http://latino-review.com/2013/08/exclusive-disney-calls-stripper-and-wendy-darling-forstar-wars-episode-vii/

I dont like Pettyfer. I dont like his face!

(in reply to BelfastBoy)
Post #: 1985
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 30/8/2013 3:20:42 AM   
Overmind

blast....

< Message edited by Overmind -- 30/8/2013 8:14:55 AM >

"All suspects are to be considered guilty, period. Or else they wouldn't be suspects would they?" -TROOPS

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 1986
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 30/8/2013 4:19:35 AM   
Hood_Man

You know, I can picture Pettyfer as a son of Skywalker. He's not too far off Hayden Christensen in terms of looks.

(in reply to Overmind)
Post #: 1987
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 3/9/2013 9:23:30 AM   
Artoo

Benedict Cumbersnatch is being rumoured for Episode 7 now! I'd personally really like to see him in it - he only brings quality to whatever he's in and (although no word on what part he might be playing) he'd make a great Sith Lord or Admiral Thrawn if they go that way! Just picture him with a blue face and red eyes. Yep - That's Thrawn alright........

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 1988
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 9/9/2013 12:47:33 PM   
spark1

it's 'star wars episode VII-a new dawn' according to rumours.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 1989
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 9/9/2013 4:20:52 PM   
DancingClown

Rumours - a very reliable source.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 1990
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 2/10/2013 7:39:29 AM   
Scruffybobby

Saoirse Ronan has auditoned - but "so has everyone else". Would like to see her in a role, she's a great young actress and often the best thing in any film she's in. We'll just have to wait and see

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/star-wars/27523/saoirse-ronan-confirms-star-wars-audition-new-rumour-lands

I want to taste you like yogurt.

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 1991
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 2/10/2013 11:56:13 PM   
Mister Coe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

You know, I can picture Pettyfer as a son of Skywalker. He's not too far off Hayden Christensen in terms of looks.

PLEASE, not Pettyfer... one of the most disagreeable actors ever come out of the UK... he just comes across as a total prick.  Lets not make him a huge international star.

Say what now?

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 1992
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 4/10/2013 8:30:46 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Coe

Lets not make him a huge international star.

Don't worry, that almost never happens to anyone who headlines a Star Wars film!

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 1993
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 7/10/2013 9:41:50 PM   
Hadleys_Hope

16 years of hype before the prequels didn't help! These new films cant be any worse!

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1994
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 8/10/2013 10:44:54 AM   
spark1

lucas promised but still will not let go-

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a521843/george-lucas-constantly-talking-to-jj-abrams-about-star-wars-episode-7.html

(in reply to Hadleys_Hope)
Post #: 1995
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 8/10/2013 1:22:22 PM   
Dirk Miggler

Lucas still being involved isn't a bad thing he's always been a great idea's man. I dislike the prequels as much as anyone but even they had their moments, I certainly wouldn't let him have any input into casting, and when the camera starts rolling I would keep him well away.

JJ films do always seem to be well cast even when eyebrows are raised they prove to be good choices in the end so I'm confident they will make the right decisions. Ronan would be fine with me, what about the Game of Thrones lads Kit Harrington and Richard Madden ? I've always been impressed with them on the show. And just cast Dinklage, in pretty much any role that's available

< Message edited by Dirk Miggler -- 8/10/2013 1:26:43 PM >

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 1996
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 9/10/2013 10:27:37 AM   
spark1

a bit more from jett lucas-

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/29034/lucas-put-a-year-into-the-next-star-wars

(in reply to Dirk Miggler)
Post #: 1997
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 9/10/2013 2:33:53 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirk Miggler

Lucas still being involved isn't a bad thing he's always been a great idea's man. I dislike the prequels as much as anyone but even they had their moments, I certainly wouldn't let him have any input into casting, and when the camera starts rolling I would keep him well away.

JJ films do always seem to be well cast even when eyebrows are raised they prove to be good choices in the end so I'm confident they will make the right decisions. Ronan would be fine with me, what about the Game of Thrones lads Kit Harrington and Richard Madden ? I've always been impressed with them on the show. And just cast Dinklage, in pretty much any role that's available

In his films, Lucas has cast the likes of...

Harrison Ford.
Alec Guiness.
Peter Cushing.
James Earl Jones.
Billy Dee Williams.
Ian Mcdiarmid.
Liam Neeson.
Samuel L. Jackson.
Terence Stamp.
Christopher Lee.

Yeah what was Lucas doing hiring these untalented idiots!

< Message edited by Cool Breeze -- 10/10/2013 3:13:37 PM >

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

Post #: 1998
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 11/10/2013 10:59:40 PM   
Dirk Miggler

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

quote:

Harrison Ford.
Alec Guiness.
Peter Cushing.
James Earl Jones.
Billy Dee Williams.
Ian Mcdiarmid.
Liam Neeson.
Samuel L. Jackson.
Terence Stamp.
Christopher Lee.

I see you haven't mentioned Jake Lloyd, Hayden Christensen, Natalie Portman. I wonder why

Also Samuel L Jackson was terrible, and Terrance Stamp might as well have been an extra in PM and was pretty forgettable in it anyway.

I stand by my comment, Lloyd and Christensen were so bad it completely negates any decent casting that was made in the prequels and only then you could say Neeson, Lee and possibly McGregor. Mcdiarmid was a product of the OT and doesn't count.

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 1999
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 12/10/2013 2:20:15 AM   
Darth Marenghi

I'd say the direction was the issue rather than the casting, generally. I'd be more worried about the levels of Simon Pegg Abrams is about to inject into Star Wars!

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

Post #: 2000
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 12/10/2013 11:55:04 AM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

quote:

quote:

Harrison Ford.
Alec Guiness.
Peter Cushing.
James Earl Jones.
Billy Dee Williams.
Ian Mcdiarmid.
Liam Neeson.
Samuel L. Jackson.
Terence Stamp.
Christopher Lee.

I see you haven't mentioned Jake Lloyd, Hayden Christensen, Natalie Portman. I wonder why

Also Samuel L Jackson was terrible, and Terrance Stamp might as well have been an extra in PM and was pretty forgettable in it anyway.

I stand by my comment, Lloyd and Christensen were so bad it completely negates any decent casting that was made in the prequels and only then you could say Neeson, Lee and possibly McGregor. Mcdiarmid was a product of the OT and doesn't count.

I see you havnt mentioned Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher.

And how does Ian Mcdiarmid not count? My point was that Lucas has cast brilliantly in all his SW films both prequel and original trilogies.Whether you thought some of them were not that good is your own opinion of course but the actors i have mentioned are all highly regarded.

And i have to say it always makes me laugh when original trilogy purists criticise the so called poor acting and dialogue of the prequels and somehow forget scenes like Luke whining '' But i was going into town to pick up some POWER CONVERTERS!!! '' or that death star guy saying '' This station is NOW the ULTIMATE POWER IN THE UNIVERSE!!! ''.

Dont get me wrong, i love those movies but the point is they are of a particular style and i love the prequels for the same reasons i love the OT.

I hope Lucas does have a say in casting but i think JJ is very good at this also.

< Message edited by Cool Breeze -- 12/10/2013 11:56:06 AM >

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

Post #: 2001
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 12/10/2013 12:14:22 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

I'd say the direction was the issue rather than the casting, generally.

For the prequels, Lucas surrounded himself with a fairly decent cast and managed to completely suck all the life and spirit out of them. You have to hand it to him, that's a pretty unique talent.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 2002
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 12/10/2013 4:11:26 PM   
Dirk Miggler

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Harrison Ford.
Alec Guiness.
Peter Cushing.
James Earl Jones.
Billy Dee Williams.
Ian Mcdiarmid.
Liam Neeson.
Samuel L. Jackson.
Terence Stamp.
Christopher Lee.

Also Samuel L Jackson was terrible, and Terrance Stamp might as well have been an extra in PM and was pretty forgettable in it anyway

I see you havnt mentioned Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher.

And how does Ian Mcdiarmid not count? My point was that Lucas has cast brilliantly in all his SW films both prequel and original trilogies.Whether you thought some of them were not that good is your own opinion of course but the actors i have mentioned are all highly regarded.

And i have to say it always makes me laugh when original trilogy purists criticise the so called poor acting and dialogue of the prequels and somehow forget scenes like Luke whining '' But i was going into town to pick up some POWER CONVERTERS!!! '' or that death star guy saying '' This station is NOW the ULTIMATE POWER IN THE UNIVERSE!!! ''.

Dont get me wrong, i love those movies but the point is they are of a particular style and i love the prequels for the same reasons i love the OT.

I hope Lucas does have a say in casting but i think JJ is very good at this also.

Im not sure casting decisions made 30 years ago is a good gauge on where Lucas is at when it comes to his eye for talent.

< Message edited by Dirk Miggler -- 12/10/2013 4:12:33 PM >

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 2003
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 12/10/2013 10:51:34 PM   
bozo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

I'd say the direction was the issue rather than the casting, generally. I'd be more worried about the levels of Simon Pegg Abrams is about to inject into Star Wars!

Let's hope Lucas hasn't seen Spaced Season 2
Personally, I think you can't have too much Pegg in any nerdy Hollywood blockbuster. I hope he'll get a cameo in the nest X files movie too.

Ong Bak 8/10
The Hobbit 7/10
American Hustle 7.5/10
Silver Lining's Playbook 8/10
The Hangover 9/10
Bloodstained Shadow 7/10
Don't Torture A Duckling 9/10
Lemora 8.5/10
Night Train Murders 7.5/10
Jeepers Creepers 2 8.5/10
Black Christmas 9/10

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 2004
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 13/10/2013 5:18:30 PM   
CriticNumberOne

Tears end in this will.

Film.Involve me,engage me,encapsulate me,make me feel.
Never disinterest me.

(in reply to bozo)
Post #: 2005
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 17/10/2013 9:22:49 AM   
film man aidy

So I'm calling it. Wednesday 30th October - Lucasfilm announce the cast and possible new release date of Episode 7. As Den of geek reports, Lucasfilm has released the original trailers for 'a new hope' last Wednesday, 'empire' yesterday, and 'Jedi' next Wednesday. The following one looks likely. If you also consider that Harrison Ford will be winding down promo duties for Enders Game by then,the studio wouldn't want the spotlight straying from that...

(in reply to CriticNumberOne)
Post #: 2006
Episode VII - 31/10/2013 11:17:33 PM   
Alistair

Yes it's AICN, and yes it's further rumour, but it does seem worrying that there are so many reports of 'issues' with the script and the pre-determined release date (doesn't seem like enough time to make the film to me).

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/64910

The article above from AICN suggests that the quality of the film doesn't matter to the CEO of Disney. Well I'm sorry Mr CEO of Disney: The quality of the next Star Wars film is paramount for those of us who really care about the Star Wars saga. The one thing that everyone is clinging to is that Abrams is the man to make another great Star Wars film. The characters and the mythos deserve it. There hasn't been a great Star Wars film since 1980.

Mr Disney CEO, if you're reading (highly doubtful, but you never know with t'internet): Please allow them the time to make this as great as it can be. I'm not sure a generation of people can take another disappointing Star Wars film. Yours...the internet.

< Message edited by Alistair -- 31/10/2013 11:18:15 PM >

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift...that's why they call it the present.

(in reply to film man aidy)
Post #: 2007
RE: Episode VII - 1/11/2013 10:05:32 AM   
film man aidy

I may be in the minority here, but a late 2015 release date seems pretty doable to me. On paper, it seems logical that the more time allowed, will result in a better movie, but this stuff got announced this time last year folks! There's already been a year of prep work.
A couple of years ago, I would probably have said delay it, but Star Trek into Darkness took a whole 4 years to roll around, supposedly due to making it as good as possible. I enjoyed it, but the last third in particular was a general mess. Really? That was the best that the makes could come up with after 4 years?!

(in reply to Alistair)
Post #: 2008
Episode VII - 1/11/2013 10:12:52 AM   
Alistair

Absolutely. Time doesn't always make a good film as has been proven many times.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift...that's why they call it the present.

(in reply to film man aidy)
Post #: 2009
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 9/11/2013 1:13:17 PM   
spark1

disney boss on changing to a xmas release date-

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/29618/disney-s-iger-on-the-star-wars-date

< Message edited by spark1 -- 11/11/2013 10:27:58 AM >

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 2010
Page:   <<   < prev  64 65 66 [67] 68   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who enter here) Page: <<   < prev  64 65 66 [67] 68   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI