Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who enter here)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who enter here) Page: <<   < prev  63 64 [65] 66 67   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 25/5/2013 11:34:22 AM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

Attack of the Clones made me want to take heroin.

It's the only way to enjoy the film.

But AOTC is a five star film!

Ok, ok so its really worthy of only four stars.

Im surprised most here have never heard of Admiral Thrawn.Hes one of the best characters from the Heir to the Empire trilogy by Timoty Zahn.I think hed make a great character to have in the new trilogy and Benedict Cumberpatch wouldbe a great choice to play him.

< Message edited by Cool Breeze -- 25/5/2013 11:39:32 AM >

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 1921
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 25/5/2013 12:42:09 PM   
spark1

lucas' original idea for the prequels-

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a484350/star-wars-george-lucass-1981-prequel-outline-revealed.html

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 1922
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 25/5/2013 6:36:32 PM   
rich

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

lucas' original idea for the prequels-

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a484350/star-wars-george-lucass-1981-prequel-outline-revealed.html

A better transcript between Lucas and Kasdan is here.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/22/star-wars-prequels-return-of-the-jedi_n_3313793.html

The problem is idea (which is mostly the same) vs execution (which is horrible)

Meanwhile...

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 1923
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 28/5/2013 7:38:32 PM   
Cool Breeze

I still find it hard to beleive that this movie is going to be out in 2015.

Star Wars movies usually need at least up to two years post production work.They would have to have finished filming live action around now and getting started on all the fx.They havnt even fully cast their film yet!

Since JJ isnt the kind of guy who likes to make films in a hurry ( We had to wait four years for the Star Trek sequel ) i wouldnt be at all surprised if there is an official announcement that the film will be delayed until 2016.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 1924
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 28/5/2013 9:50:47 PM   
Keyser Sozzled

Rather he waits and gets it right than rushes it and fucks it up.

I have no idea who any of them are, apart from Terry Pratchett who I know has got a beard and keeps going on about killing himself but never does.

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 1925
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 29/5/2013 8:45:48 AM   
Drew_231

Mid 2015 seems like a fair amount of time

We can assume there's has already been a fair amount of pre-production which we don't know about. They will probably have the film shot by the end of the year (or early next year), which gives them another years worth of post-production

One question, is Abrams directing all three of this new trilogy, or is it just the first film for the time being?

(in reply to Keyser Sozzled)
Post #: 1926
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 29/5/2013 9:18:57 AM   
jonson

[image]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/q77/s480x480/397431_657496277609844_1313614622_n.jpg[/image]

That's weird, it shows up on the preview.
I think it's a fan made poster. I have not much interest in Star Wars 7, but this poster is pretty cool.

< Message edited by jonson -- 29/5/2013 9:20:06 AM >

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to Drew_231)
Post #: 1927
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 29/5/2013 7:22:12 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: Drew_231

We can assume there's has already been a fair amount of pre-production which we don't know about. They will probably have the film shot by the end of the year (or early next year), which gives them another years worth of post-production

One question, is Abrams directing all three of this new trilogy, or is it just the first film for the time being?

Come on, JJ only accepted the job a few months ago and has been spending that time finishing up Star Trek, promoting it, and being inviolved in the zillion or so tv projects hes got on the go.

Id be surprised that the screenplay for episode 7 is finished yet,then JJ may want to make changes (etc).

(in reply to Drew_231)
Post #: 1928
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 29/5/2013 8:21:55 PM   
Dirk Miggler

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: Drew_231

Come on, JJ only accepted the job a few months ago and has been spending that time finishing up Star Trek, promoting it, and being inviolved in the zillion or so tv projects hes got on the go.

Id be surprised that the screenplay for episode 7 is finished yet,then JJ may want to make changes (etc).

Disagree here Breeze, your implying here that JJ's going to be running the whole show and having final say on everything. That was never going to be the case.

Lots can get done without JJ, I also wouldn't be surprised if they are further along than we all think. It wouldn't suprise me if some of the cast were already being signed up as well.

< Message edited by Dirk Miggler -- 29/5/2013 8:26:31 PM >

Post #: 1929
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 30/5/2013 3:11:19 PM   
Dannybohy

JJ !!! damn shame this hack is getting his hands on SW! :( Still, can't be much worse than the prequels so heres hoping!

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 30/5/2013 3:12:37 PM >

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to Dirk Miggler)
Post #: 1930
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 30/5/2013 8:01:05 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

JJ !!! damn shame this hack is getting his hands on SW! :( Still, can't be much worse than the prequels so heres hoping!

If only Nolan had got the gig eh Danny?

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 1931
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 30/5/2013 8:17:18 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

We've known he was doing it for months. Have you only just found out, or something?

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 1932
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 31/5/2013 8:55:21 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

quote:

We've known he was doing it for months. Have you only just found out, or something?

Yeh I know!, its just that recently had to sit through his latest Star Trek movie and had to reiterate my thoughts! complete crap and the lens flare is not even remotely funny anymore!

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 1933
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 10/6/2013 9:44:48 PM   
Miraeg

quote:

ORIGINAL: TomTron

All Hail The All 'ighty Dollar!

They should forget about trying to expand on the original trilogy (they've molested it enough!) and just do معهد تدريب a new original stand Recruitment alone trilogy, none of this expanded universe nonsense.

I liked the way your criticism .. it's wonderful

< Message edited by Miraeg -- 29/6/2013 3:51:07 AM >

(in reply to TomTron)
Post #: 1934
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 20/6/2013 1:26:17 PM   
Keyser Sozzled

Can't find the link but apparntly character casting details have leaked including 2 young female protagonists, one younger male (who is described as "not conventionally" good looking) and an older male mid 70's.

Intriguing.

I have no idea who any of them are, apart from Terry Pratchett who I know has got a beard and keeps going on about killing himself but never does.

(in reply to Miraeg)
Post #: 1935
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 20/6/2013 1:36:05 PM   
Dannybohy

I read that it will have Hans kids as main characters! Did Han and his missus have twins ..girls!?
Perhaps the boy is Lukes kid?

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 20/6/2013 1:37:24 PM >

(in reply to Keyser Sozzled)
Post #: 1936
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 21/6/2013 12:09:18 PM   
Chief

Without looking it up I think Han & Leia had twins, a boy and a girl. Jaecen & Jaena Solo. I don't know if Luke had kids.

Could there be room for flashbacks? Young Leia & young Luke?

Post #: 1937
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 22/6/2013 9:14:01 PM   
LEEJGM

In the books (which I haven't read but have read a few things on Wookiepedia about) Luke has a son named Ben, while Han and Leia have twins as mentioned by Chief and also a younger son named Anakin. Anakin dies, Jacen turns to the dark side and Jaina kills him with Luke's help. Chewie dies too.

I can't see much of this being used in the films, especially Luke having a son.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 1938
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 16/7/2013 4:46:03 PM   
Dannybohy

BRING BACk THE EMPEROR!!

(in reply to LEEJGM)
Post #: 1939
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 17/7/2013 2:03:01 PM   
Overmind

quote:

BRING BACk THE EMPEROR!!

Youre drunk. Cheers mate :)

"All suspects are to be considered guilty, period. Or else they wouldn't be suspects would they?" -TROOPS

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 1940
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 17/7/2013 2:05:45 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Overmind

quote:

BRING BACk THE EMPEROR!!

Impossible, I don't drink (alcohol)
They are bringing back Luke why not the Emperor? There is no evidence he is dead! he was only thrown down a shaft! Luke survived that after having his hand chopped off!!

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 17/7/2013 2:06:14 PM >

(in reply to Overmind)
Post #: 1941
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 17/7/2013 3:06:41 PM   
shool

quote:

quote:

quote:

BRING BACk THE EMPEROR!!

They are bringing back Luke why not the Emperor? There is no evidence he is dead! he was only thrown down a shaft! Luke survived that after having his hand chopped off!!

Didnt he blow up when he hit the bottom and massive gush of wind shot up the turbine?

He must have been holding one in for decades.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 1942
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 17/7/2013 3:15:57 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: shool

quote:

quote:

quote:

BRING BACk THE EMPEROR!!

Didnt he blow up when he hit the bottom and massive gush of wind shot up the turbine?

He must have been holding one in for decades.

We didn't see what happened to him! He could easily have got sucked into an air vent (like Luke did) and that blast was normal process and just coincidence it was blowing at the time! I say he ended up in a trash compactor , ate the trash snake and made his escape disguised as a Droid (using scraps of mental and parts!). You clearly don't know the power of the Dark Side!

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 17/7/2013 3:17:34 PM >

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 1943
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 18/7/2013 7:50:34 AM   
superdan

If the Emperor was still alive then the entire 6-film arc that has gone before is rendered completely pointless. They won't bring back the Emperor but if they are so stupid and bereft of ideas that they do bring him back (or Vader, for that matter) then I'm out.

There is no point making new SW films only for them to be loaded with old characters. One of the tiresome things about the prequels was that it had too many characters you were already familiar with.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 1944
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 18/7/2013 9:12:48 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

If the Emperor was still alive then the entire 6-film arc that has gone before is rendered completely pointless. They won't bring back the Emperor but if they are so stupid and bereft of ideas that they do bring him back (or Vader, for that matter) then I'm out.

There is no point making new SW films only for them to be loaded with old characters. One of the tiresome things about the prequels was that it had too many characters you were already familiar with.

So a definite no no to Darth Maul's upper body fused to droid spider legs?

The thing is, we are going to get most of the old main cast back! whether we like it or not, so from that point of view! why not an old bad guy!.

I personally would of preferred to just see Luke back as head of a new Jedi order, cant say I care about the rest of them that much...

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 1945
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 18/7/2013 9:35:05 AM   
superdan

quote:

quote:

The thing is, we are going to get most of the old main cast back! whether we like it or not, so from that point of view! why not an old bad guy!.

I personally would of preferred to just see Luke back as head of a new Jedi order, cant say I care about the rest of them that much...

Well I'm not thrilled at the idea of seeing the now-haggard, creaky old cast back much either, but their characters survived RotJ so in that respect at least their return makes some sense. The same can't be said for Maul, Vader or the Emperor.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 1946
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 18/7/2013 9:43:45 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

quote:

quote:

Well I'm not thrilled at the idea of seeing the now-haggard, creaky old cast back much either, but their characters survived RotJ so in that respect at least their return makes some sense. The same can't be said for Maul, Vader or the Emperor.

You never know.. was it not the Emperor himself who said in Revenge of the Sith that he knew ways the dark side could cheat death! the story of Darth Plagueis

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 1947
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 18/7/2013 9:53:51 AM   
superdan

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You never know.. was it not the Emperor himself who said in Revenge of the Sith that he knew ways the dark side could cheat death! the story of Darth Plagueis

So while he was plunging to his doom down that shaft, howling in terror, he was influencing the midichlorians (gak!) to bring himself back from the dead?

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 1948
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 18/7/2013 10:06:43 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

So while he was plunging to his doom down that shaft, howling in terror, he was influencing the midichlorians (gak!) to bring himself back from the dead?

Nah! I still go for the simple idea that he force flew himself into an air-vent and fled! I believe in the SW Expanded Universe, that Jedi/Sith have been known to come back from the Blue light dead into psychical form. Sounds shit, but I am sure an Empire SW uber geek could confirm !
Either way I would put money on an old bad guys return!

Will R2D2 and C3PO be back? .....

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 1949
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 18/7/2013 10:08:17 AM   
Dannybohy

AN UNANSWERED QUESTION IN THE MOVIES So FAR , THAT MIGHT SERVE AS PART OF THE PLOT IN NEW MOVIES!!

Who was Anakins Father?

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 1950
Page:   <<   < prev  63 64 [65] 66 67   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who enter here) Page: <<   < prev  63 64 [65] 66 67   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI