Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who enter here)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who enter here) Page: <<   < prev  62 63 [64] 65 66   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 22/5/2013 4:03:13 PM   
Dirk Miggler

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Hooded Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

In no way is that a completely judgemental attitude to someone with a serious addiction.

And in case you're too stupid to figure it out, the above sentence is positively loaded with sarcasm.

There are plenty of people who are alcoholics who don't behave so appallingly.

Again - I presume you don't like Downey Jr in Iron Man then? That is the natural extension of this point....

RDJ may have gone on drug binges before and had the odd meltdown, but its nowhere near the craziness and lack of respect for people that Rhys Meyers apparently has.I also dont beleive RDJ ever threatened to kill anyone.

Of course the fact that i think Rhys Meyers is just a male model with zero acting ability may have something to do with my dislike of his possible casting but from all accounts the man is a colossal cunt.

Are you trying to say some pissed up, self-important, up is own arse actor telling a hostess "I WILL KILL YOU" and then not following through because, you guessed it, was completely hollow threat. This is worse than than being arrested for possession of Heroin, Cocaine and a firearm ?????

Yeah Ok

< Message edited by Dirk Miggler -- 22/5/2013 4:04:38 PM >

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 1891
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 22/5/2013 7:45:10 PM   
anakin solo

I like the idea of an episode seven but think the plot should revolve around the expanded universe plot lines specially with my personal favourite story lines possibly being the New Jedi Order series which was really dark as was legacy of the force and both of which would make great films. What annoyed the hell out of me though was a review on movie pilot about Jonathan Rhys Meyers will be placing Jacen who goes over to the dark side when Ben Skywalker dies in the first legacy of the force book Betrayal when he obviously doesn't I wish that they would get their facts right.

my ally is the force and what a powerful ally it is.

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 1892
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 23/5/2013 3:29:21 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirk Miggler

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Hooded Man

quote:

In no way is that a completely judgemental attitude to someone with a serious addiction.

And in case you're too stupid to figure it out, the above sentence is positively loaded with sarcasm.

There are plenty of people who are alcoholics who don't behave so appallingly.

Again - I presume you don't like Downey Jr in Iron Man then? That is the natural extension of this point....

RDJ may have gone on drug binges before and had the odd meltdown, but its nowhere near the craziness and lack of respect for people that Rhys Meyers apparently has.I also dont beleive RDJ ever threatened to kill anyone.

Of course the fact that i think Rhys Meyers is just a male model with zero acting ability may have something to do with my dislike of his possible casting but from all accounts the man is a colossal cunt.

Are you trying to say some pissed up, self-important, up is own arse actor telling a hostess "I WILL KILL YOU" and then not following through because, you guessed it, was completely hollow threat. This is worse than than being arrested for possession of Heroin, Cocaine and a firearm ?????

Yeah Ok

OR..the fact that police had to physically restrain him at one point might have had something to do with him not carrying out that threat..maybe.

On the other hand, what about Danny Dyer and his '' hilarious '' comments about how guys who have been dumped by their girlfriends should cut their faces up to make them look ugly so guys wont ever go out with them again ? Should we let him off the hook cos he didnt actually do it? Does it make those comments any less reprehensible?

But i guess this is really off topic so il end this discussion by simply saying i dont like Rhys Meyers, hes a cunt and id rather he not be in SW.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Dirk Miggler)
Post #: 1893
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 23/5/2013 4:03:03 PM   
Chief

quote:

Jonathan Rhys Meyers? Isnt he that drunken cunt who has been in and out of rehab and been arrested on more than one occasion in an airport for being abusive to passengers and flight staff? I beleive on one occasion a few years ago in a paris airport that he punched a waiter and threatened to kill people.

Yup, definitely Irish.

Post #: 1894
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 23/5/2013 4:25:58 PM   
MonsterCat

The thing with Danny Dyer's magazine is hardly comparable to a man's capacity for rational thought being impaired by a drink addiction. What a bizarre comparison.

Save the moralising crap, Cool Breeze. Nobody's buying it.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 1895
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 23/5/2013 7:42:34 PM   
Keyser Sozzled

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

quote:

Jonathan Rhys Meyers? Isnt he that drunken cunt who has been in and out of rehab and been arrested on more than one occasion in an airport for being abusive to passengers and flight staff? I beleive on one occasion a few years ago in a paris airport that he punched a waiter and threatened to kill people.

Yup, definitely Irish.

Oi!

Jesus, just cos Michael O'Leary had a few too many one day we all get tarred with the same brush

Oh and what it's worth I find Cool Breeze's view just fucking deplorable.

< Message edited by Keyser Sozzled -- 23/5/2013 7:47:12 PM >

I have no idea who any of them are, apart from Terry Pratchett who I know has got a beard and keeps going on about killing himself but never does.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 1896
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 24/5/2013 11:04:02 AM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: Keyser Sozzled

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

quote:

Yup, definitely Irish.

Oi!

Jesus, just cos Michael O'Leary had a few too many one day we all get tarred with the same brush

Oh and what it's worth I find Cool Breeze's view just fucking deplorable.

Yeah its so deplorable to think that someone getting shitfaced drunk in an airport and punching someone in the face is a BAD thing.

As hooded man said earlier, there are plenty of alcoholics out there that dont behave so deplorably as Rhys Meyers does.Giving the guy a pass because hes an alcoholic is ridiculous.Ever occur to you that Rhys Meyers acted the way he did is maybe because on top of all that alcohol, that hes a cunt?

You think the waiter he punched in the face and the cops who had to forcibly restrain him give a shit as to whether hes a drunk or not? Oh and lets not forget his'' hilarious '' comments about threatening to pay someone to have the airport staff killed.Oh but hes an alcoholic! all is forgiven!

Fucking wanker.

< Message edited by Cool Breeze -- 24/5/2013 11:05:09 AM >

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Keyser Sozzled)
Post #: 1897
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 24/5/2013 11:50:01 AM   
Keyser Sozzled

You really don't seem to understand anything about the nature of addiction. Do you honestly think it is "one size" fits all scenario? "Oh well ther are OTHER alcoholics who haven't done that so...." is such a laughable childish attitude to have.

No one is actually defending what he allegedly did or sais-all anyone is saying is that there are mitigating factors in play here. Plus on the RDJ comment I'm sure ther are other alcoholic drug addicts wo have never driven around high as a kite and with a gun in the car so I'm not sure where that leaves this argument to be honest.

I have no idea who any of them are, apart from Terry Pratchett who I know has got a beard and keeps going on about killing himself but never does.

Post #: 1898
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 24/5/2013 11:50:20 AM   
MonsterCat

I think you should stick to incessantly bleating about Daniel Craig, because when you start to talk about things that actually matter you only highlight your ignorance and stupidity. Will you be so judgemental when you see a friend or family member succumb to an addiction?

Last word on the subject, which you'll probably won't address in your typically cowardly way.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 1899
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 24/5/2013 2:24:11 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: Keyser Sozzled

You really don't seem to understand anything about the nature of addiction. Do you honestly think it is "one size" fits all scenario? "Oh well ther are OTHER alcoholics who haven't done that so...." is such a laughable childish attitude to have.

No one is actually defending what he allegedly did or sais-all anyone is saying is that there are mitigating factors in play here. Plus on the RDJ comment I'm sure ther are other alcoholic drug addicts wo have never driven around high as a kite and with a gun in the car so I'm not sure where that leaves this argument to be honest.

You see you contradict yourself there with that statement.I never said it was a '' one size fits all '' scenario and even if i did why do you then say that i have an '' oh well other alcoholics havnt done that so '' as to be a '' childish attitude? Your not making any sense there Keyser and just being insulting.

And it seems to be others are defending what Rhys Meyers did because hes an alcoholic.FACT: Rhys Meyers was arrested and charged with '' wilful violence, outrage, hitting, and threatening DEATH ''.That is absolutley sickening behavior, it wasnt his first public meltdown and the fact that hes an alcoholic does not excuse that and he was NOT excused.He subsequently compensated the victims of his rant ( presumably to avoid to a long court case ).Anyone who acts like that is a scumbag and the fact that he was drunk is no excuse for that.Thats all i have to say on the matter, obviously we are not going to agree with this so its best to leave it at that as this has gone wildly off topic and to continue it only means that a mod is going to come in eventually to tell us to get back to discussing Star Wars 7 so with that...

..Im not sure how i feel entirely about this new series of SW films.As a fan its great to have some new big screen adventures to look forward to but on the other hand, i feel the story really came to an end after the six episodes we got.The SW series ( of films at least ) has always been about the Skywalker family and that arc came to an end with ROTJ.It all depends on what story they have lined up for the new trilogy but time will tell.Im still not certain about Abrams as director.I like the guy and think hes done a great job on Star Trek but what im worried about is that he may be too much of a fanboy and make the same mistakes Bryan Singer made with Superman Returns, letting his love of the original let his film just become a two hour rehash/homage/love letter to what has come before instead of coming up with a brand new take on the material.

I would like to see Grand Admiral Thrawn from Timothy Zahns novels make an appearance.

< Message edited by Cool Breeze -- 24/5/2013 2:27:59 PM >

(in reply to Keyser Sozzled)
Post #: 1900
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 24/5/2013 2:30:44 PM   
DancingClown

I don't like Rhys-Meyers either (nothing to do with alcoholism, and I didn't even know about his arrests) but just fucking drop it. All this fuss over a rumour. And spewing abuse about him tends to negate your attempts to scale the moral high-ground.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

Post #: 1901
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 24/5/2013 2:37:43 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

I don't like Rhys-Meyers either (nothing to do with alcoholism, and I didn't even know about his arrests) but just fucking drop it. All this fuss over a rumour. And spewing abuse about him tends to negate your attempts to scale the moral high-ground.

I dont see any discussion about Star Wars 7 in this post.Maybe you should '' fucking drop it '' ?

So what are your thoughts on Star Wars 7 and the possiblity of Grand Admiral Thrawn making an appearance?

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 1902
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 24/5/2013 3:01:11 PM   
DancingClown

Urgh, what a petulant child you are. I have no opinion about Admiral Prawn, or whatever. My post was just a request for you to shut the fuck up about Jonathan Rhys-Meyers, a nonsensical digression that you started and wouldn't let go of.

No wonder everyone here thinks you're a cunt.

Now carry on.

Astronomic Tune Boy

Post #: 1903
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 24/5/2013 3:27:14 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

Urgh, what a petulant child you are. I have no opinion about Admiral Prawn, or whatever. My post was just a request for you to shut the fuck up about Jonathan Rhys-Meyers, a nonsensical digression that you started and wouldn't let go of.

Now carry on.

I dont see any discussion of Star Wars 7 in this post, just a lot of childish trolling.Like Mattyb and Monstercat, consider yourself blocked.

So what villain or villains would any of you like to see in the new trilogy?

Post #: 1904
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 24/5/2013 3:34:10 PM   
matty_b

quote:

quote:

Now carry on.

I dont see any discussion of Star Wars 7 in this post, just a lot of childish trolling.Like Mattyb and Monstercat, consider yourself blocked.

*high fives DancingClown*

quote:

Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

Post #: 1905
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 24/5/2013 3:35:15 PM   
DancingClown

I love Silas Breeze's "I know you are but what am I?" approach here. And then he back-peddles on all his previous bullshit in order to save face and make others look like the villains. Getting blocked by him is quite the badge of honour. Muppet.

Reported to mods!

Astronomic Tune Boy

Post #: 1906
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 24/5/2013 3:37:09 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

quote:

quote:

Now carry on.

*high fives DancingClown*

[image]gif of Maverick and Goose high-fiving each-other[/image]

< Message edited by DancingClown -- 24/5/2013 3:39:29 PM >

Astronomic Tune Boy

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 1907
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 24/5/2013 3:52:25 PM   
Dirk Miggler

I don't think anyone here is defending Meyers but merely pointing out the ludicrousness of saying he should not get work when clearly bigger things are at play and also when your quite willing to give RDJ a free pass for equally stupid behaviour.

Meyers might be a cunt and an alcoholic but as long as he isn't bringing his baggage on to a film set then there really shouldn't be an issue.

Post #: 1908
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 24/5/2013 4:17:02 PM   
Hood_Man

Admiral Prawn, so much funnier than it deserves to be

(in reply to Dirk Miggler)
Post #: 1909
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 24/5/2013 4:36:16 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

I love Silas Breeze's "I know you are but what am I?" approach here. And then he back-peddles on all his previous bullshit in order to save face and make others look like the villains. Getting blocked by him is quite the badge of honour. Muppet.

Reported to mods!

I knew he'd play the trolling card, the facist.

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 1910
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 24/5/2013 4:47:12 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

IT'S A TRAP!

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 24/5/2013 4:48:08 PM >

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 1911
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 24/5/2013 5:20:35 PM   
superdan

Actors who should never really have got any work on account of allegedly drunken/stoned unpleasant behaviour at various points in their careers:

Liz Taylor
Richard Burton
Frank Sinatra
Dean Martin
Oliver Reed
Lee Marvin
Peter O' Toole
Humphrey Bogart
Marilyn Monroe
Richard Harris
William Holden
Joan Crawford
Bette Davis
Patrick Swayze
Donald Sutherland
Robin Williams
Anthony Hopkins
Gary Oldman
Russell Crowe
Drew Barrymore
Reese Witherspoon

etc etc

There's a million more, but I think I've made my point. Luckily most of these names are unlikely to come up for obvious reasons on Abrams' radar for SW7, so phew!

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 1912
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 24/5/2013 6:34:59 PM   
DancingClown

I could add:

Mark Wahlberg
Bill Murray
Halle Berry
Matthew Broderick
Josh Brolin
Shia Labeouf
And good ole Gibbo, of course.

But that would be pointless.

Astronomic Tune Boy

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 1913
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 24/5/2013 7:27:18 PM   
Rebenectomy

Okey dokey, couple of issues here raised with the Mod team, and we're discussing it in A51. In the meantime can we get the thread off the subject of alcoholics and related incidents (especially any based on internet speculation, as we still have libel laws to consider here) and back onto the big fat let down we all know Episode VII is going to be

Body Hair Beautiful: An Armpits for August Special
http://www.lipstogetherandblow.com/2013/07/body-beautiful.html

Post #: 1914
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 24/5/2013 7:48:37 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: Artoo

quote:

ORIGINAL: sligonian

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: sligonian

quote:

The internet is awash with rumours this morning regarding a certain British actor being the first non-resident Star Warsian (i.e not Hamill, Ford, Fisher etc) to be cast in Episode 7. The actor - Jonathan Rhys Myers!

Do a quick google search and see for yourself. He's gotta be a baddie right??

isnt he irish?

Miss the point much?

Irish, British, fuckin Timbuktoo-ish!

we are different thankfully, i am sure Jonathan Rhys Myers would agree...i get the point hes not american, doesnt mean the rest of the world is british..

Bit racist don't you think? I'm actually pretty sure Jonathan Rhys Myers wouldn't hold such a draconian opinion! And how different can you really be when the shortest distance from Britain to Ireland is about 20km?

And your still missing the point......

I'm pretty sure he'd call himself Irish, not British - given he was born in Dublin not Northern Ireland. So a completely different country?

You could try calling an American Canadian - shortest distance about the width of a hair. Bet that'd be fun

Irrespective - it's not 'racist' to refer to Ireland and the UK as different countries because they are.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 1915
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 24/5/2013 7:49:19 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rebenectomy
In the meantime can we get the thread off the subject of alcoholics and related incidents (especially any based on internet speculation, as we still have libel laws to consider here) and back onto the big fat let down we all know Episode VII is going to be

Can we discuss the possibility of Episode VII turning people into alcoholics?

(in reply to Rebenectomy)
Post #: 1916
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 24/5/2013 10:23:23 PM   
DancingClown

So who the hell is Admiral Prawn, anyway? I recall there being an Admiral who was a human-shaped squid...

Astronomic Tune Boy

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 1917
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 24/5/2013 10:26:25 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rebenectomy
In the meantime can we get the thread off the subject of alcoholics and related incidents (especially any based on internet speculation, as we still have libel laws to consider here) and back onto the big fat let down we all know Episode VII is going to be

Can we discuss the possibility of Episode VII turning people into alcoholics?

Attack of the Clones made me want to take heroin.

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 1918
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 24/5/2013 10:28:26 PM   
elab49

quote:

So who the hell is Admiral Prawn, anyway? I recall there being an Admiral who was a human-shaped squid...

It's probably a double-bluff. His name was likely Smith.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

Post #: 1919
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 24/5/2013 11:17:59 PM   
superdan

quote:

Attack of the Clones made me want to take heroin.

It's the only way to enjoy the film.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 1920
Page:   <<   < prev  62 63 [64] 65 66   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who enter here) Page: <<   < prev  62 63 [64] 65 66   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI