Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who enter here)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who enter here) Page: <<   < prev  61 62 [63] 64 65   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 6/5/2013 8:12:55 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

pegg quizzes j j on ep VII-

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2013/05/05/simon-pegg-interviews-jj-abrams-about-star-wars-episode-vii/

Like anyone gives a fuck about what Pegg thinks of Star Wars.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 1861
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 7/5/2013 3:59:59 AM   
Overmind

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

pegg quizzes j j on ep VII-

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2013/05/05/simon-pegg-interviews-jj-abrams-about-star-wars-episode-vii/

Like anyone gives a fuck about what Pegg thinks of Star Wars.

I thought it was a nice little chat :)

"All suspects are to be considered guilty, period. Or else they wouldn't be suspects would they?" -TROOPS

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 1862
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 11/5/2013 12:05:12 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Star Wars to be made in Britain.
clicky

(in reply to Overmind)
Post #: 1863
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 15/5/2013 1:28:20 AM   
Cabal aka Boone

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sutty

I think the return of the likes of Ford, Hamill, and Fisher (even in cameo type roles) would be a huge endorsement for any future star wars movies. Personally I would be more excited to see Hamill back than Ford though. Luke training Jedi's and having become a more Obi Wan like character. That would be cool. And I don't care how they do it but it would be great to see Boba Fett again.
Didn't he get eaten by the Sarlacc Pit Monster??

In 1983 he fell headlong into the Sarlacc's maw, and there he stayed, to be digested over 1000 years...

In 1997 he fell headlong into the Sarlacc's BEAK, so goodness knows if he survived that or not...

According to Robot Chicken, he escaped!

http://twitter.com/SteveKuma

Stan Winston - April 7, 1946 June 15, 2008

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 1864
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 15/5/2013 1:30:14 AM   
Cabal aka Boone

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

Star Wars to be made in Britain.
clicky

So, just like Episodes I, IV, V & VI... but not II or III...

That fad of making films in Australia cos it was cheaper died on it's arse didn't it!?

http://twitter.com/SteveKuma

Stan Winston - April 7, 1946 June 15, 2008

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 1865
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 15/5/2013 1:26:18 PM   
Dannybohy

I guess you can put up a thousand sheets of green screen anywhere you want these days!....

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to Cabal aka Boone)
Post #: 1866
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 20/5/2013 9:42:54 AM   
Artoo

The internet is awash with rumours this morning regarding a certain British actor being the first non-resident Star Warsian (i.e not Hamill, Ford, Fisher etc) to be cast in Episode 7. The actor - Jonathan Rhys Myers!

Do a quick google search and see for yourself. He's gotta be a baddie right??

Hey, get some beer and some.....cleaning products!

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 1867
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 20/5/2013 3:42:34 PM   
sligonian

quote:

ORIGINAL: Artoo

The internet is awash with rumours this morning regarding a certain British actor being the first non-resident Star Warsian (i.e not Hamill, Ford, Fisher etc) to be cast in Episode 7. The actor - Jonathan Rhys Myers!

isnt he irish?

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 1868
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 21/5/2013 9:29:46 AM   
Artoo

quote:

ORIGINAL: sligonian

quote:

isnt he irish?

Miss the point much?

Irish, British, fuckin Timbuktoo-ish!

(in reply to sligonian)
Post #: 1869
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 21/5/2013 11:11:25 AM   
Dannybohy

I would not have labelled him Baddie material straight away. Hes a great actor and plenty of charisma! maybe Hans Son?

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 1870
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 21/5/2013 11:26:46 AM   
Artoo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

I would not have labelled him Baddie material straight away. Hes a great actor and plenty of charisma! maybe Hans Son?

He could be anyone really. I just seem to have seen him in more things as a baddie and think he does it quite well. That said he was pretty decent in From Paris with Love with John Travolta so I guess he could be a good guy.

For some reason, as soon as I heard this rumour I had the image of Asajj Ventress from The Clone Wars pop up in my head! Yes, I know she's a she but Jonathan Rhys Meyers does have a certain feminine quality about him and I think I was thinking of more of a template for the sort of character I could see him playing. Or not........

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 1871
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 21/5/2013 6:54:57 PM   
sligonian

quote:

quote:

quote:

isnt he irish?

Miss the point much?

we are different thankfully, i am sure Jonathan Rhys Myers would agree...i get the point hes not american, doesnt mean the rest of the world is british..

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 1872
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 22/5/2013 9:38:35 AM   
Artoo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

isnt he irish?

Miss the point much?

we are different thankfully, i am sure Jonathan Rhys Myers would agree...i get the point hes not american, doesnt mean the rest of the world is british..

Bit racist don't you think? I'm actually pretty sure Jonathan Rhys Myers wouldn't hold such a draconian opinion! And how different can you really be when the shortest distance from Britain to Ireland is about 20km?

And your still missing the point......

(in reply to sligonian)
Post #: 1873
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 22/5/2013 10:52:21 AM   
The Hooded Man

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

isnt he irish?

Miss the point much?

Bit racist don't you think? I'm actually pretty sure Jonathan Rhys Myers wouldn't hold such a draconian opinion! And how different can you really be when the shortest distance from Britain to Ireland is about 20km?

It's ill-informed and offensive comments like this that give the internet a bad name.

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 1874
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 22/5/2013 11:17:22 AM   
Artoo

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Hooded Man

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

isnt he irish?

Miss the point much?

It's ill-informed and offensive comments like this that give the internet a bad name.

I would hope you not referring to my post? If you are would you care to point out which part is ill-informed and which part is offensive?

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 1875
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 22/5/2013 11:38:53 AM   
Cool Breeze

Jonathan Rhys Meyers? Isnt he that drunken cunt who has been in and out of rehab and been arrested on more than one occasion in an airport for being abusive to passengers and flight staff? I beleive on one occasion a few years ago in a paris airport that he punched a waiter and threatened to kill people.

On another occasion ( i beleive in washington ) when airport staff tried to calm him down after another boozing session, he threw wads at cash at them shouting something along the lines of ''' I MAKE MORE MONEY THAN ANY OF YOU WILL SEE IN YOUR LIFES ! ''.

It really disgusts me when actors behave like this and they continue to get work.If anyone else in their chosen profession acted like this they would most likely lose their job and stuggle to find work again.

Great casting choice there Abrams.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 1876
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 22/5/2013 11:55:15 AM   
MonsterCat

In no way is that a completely judgemental attitude to someone with a serious addiction.

And in case you're too stupid to figure it out, the above sentence is positively loaded with sarcasm.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 1877
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 22/5/2013 12:40:35 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

It really disgusts me when actors behave like this and they continue to get work.If anyone else in their chosen profession acted like this they would most likely lose their job and stuggle to find work again.

So what you are saying is that Downey Jr shouldn't be Iron Man?

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

Post #: 1878
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 22/5/2013 12:54:48 PM   
Dirk Miggler

I could catch a plane tomorrow, get shit canned, abuse the flight staff and get kicked off the plane. How would I lose my job exactly ? Just asking.....

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1879
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 22/5/2013 12:58:36 PM   
Drew_231

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirk Miggler

I could catch a plane tomorrow, get shit canned, abuse the flight staff and get kicked off the plane. How would I lose my job exactly ? Just asking.....

Maybe if you were the pilot?

(in reply to Dirk Miggler)
Post #: 1880
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 22/5/2013 1:02:04 PM   
Dirk Miggler

quote:

ORIGINAL: Drew_231

quote:

(in reply to Drew_231)
Post #: 1881
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 22/5/2013 1:04:29 PM   
DancingClown

And it's still just a pissing rumour for Christ's sake.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to Dirk Miggler)
Post #: 1882
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 22/5/2013 3:11:14 PM   
The Hooded Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

In no way is that a completely judgemental attitude to someone with a serious addiction.

And in case you're too stupid to figure it out, the above sentence is positively loaded with sarcasm.

There are plenty of people who are alcoholics who don't behave so appallingly.

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 1883
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 22/5/2013 3:24:45 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

quote:

Again - I presume you don't like Downey Jr in Iron Man then? That is the natural extension of this point....

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

Post #: 1884
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 22/5/2013 3:34:13 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

quote:

quote:

Again - I presume you don't like Downey Jr in Iron Man then? That is the natural extension of this point....

RDJ may have gone on drug binges before and had the odd meltdown, but its nowhere near the craziness and lack of respect for people that Rhys Meyers apparently has.I also dont beleive RDJ ever threatened to kill anyone.

Of course the fact that i think Rhys Meyers is just a male model with zero acting ability may have something to do with my dislike of his possible casting but from all accounts the man is a colossal cunt.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1885
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 22/5/2013 3:34:57 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: Drew_231

quote:

(in reply to Drew_231)
Post #: 1886
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 22/5/2013 3:35:29 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

quote:

Don't even think about trying to rationalise Cool Breeze's bullshit, OK? It's a gross generalisation to assume that a man with a alcohol addiction is basically worthless and a cunt.

My dad was alcohlolic and got particularly aggressive with people, but that's what happens to a lot of people when an addiction impairs their ability to think logically.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 1887
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 22/5/2013 3:44:59 PM   
Drew_231

He's generally considered a pretty good actor though, so surely this could only be a good thing

What he does outside of films is irrelevant really.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 1888
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 22/5/2013 3:45:07 PM   
matty_b

quote:

Jonathan Rhys Meyers? Isnt he that drunken cunt who has been in and out of rehab and been arrested on more than one occasion in an airport for being abusive to passengers and flight staff? I beleive on one occasion a few years ago in a paris airport that he punched a waiter and threatened to kill people.

On another occasion ( i beleive in washington ) when airport staff tried to calm him down after another boozing session, he threw wads at cash at them shouting something along the lines of ''' I MAKE MORE MONEY THAN ANY OF YOU WILL SEE IN YOUR LIFES ! ''.

Great casting choice there Abrams.

I take it you're equally disgusted that Sean Connery played Bond so well, then?

I mean, him being an admitted woman beater an' all must play hell with your oh-so-strong moralising.

quote:

Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

Post #: 1889
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 22/5/2013 4:01:54 PM   
Artoo

Ooh the whole gang are at it now! Off Topic must be undergoing maintenance or something....

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 1890
Page:   <<   < prev  61 62 [63] 64 65   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who enter here) Page: <<   < prev  61 62 [63] 64 65   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI