Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who enter here)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who enter here) Page: <<   < prev  60 61 [62] 63 64   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 15/3/2013 1:51:12 PM   
AxlReznor

The Rock, competent and actor are words that should not be uttered in the same sentence.

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 1831
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 16/3/2013 10:06:25 AM   
Letattz

Ok, cat amongst the ysalamir....how about a slow paced introspective look at a washed up Luke, bloated and alcohol dependant, struggling to come to terms with the loss of his force powers in an unfortunate accident involving an incorrectly held lightsaber. All The 'action' all takes place in his downtown single room apartment in Mos Eisley.

Charlie, give your mother a kiss, or I'll kick your teeth in.

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 1832
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 16/3/2013 12:51:18 PM   
Private Hudson

Luke as the mentor? That would add some symmetry to the saga I suppose.

Watch my spoof movie of FULL METAL JACKET here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCGRWVvM-Zo&feature=plcp&context=C31ca298UDOEgsToPDskJ4_UorjolrWTaxEGMj5GO0

(in reply to Letattz)
Post #: 1833
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 21/3/2013 1:50:51 PM   
Mr Gittes

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

I never thought id see the day where there was more new Star Wars coming to our screens than new Star Trek.

You didn't see 1999-2005?

Those were not Star Wars movies.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 1834
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 21/3/2013 2:26:20 PM   
spark1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr Gittes

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

quote:

I never thought id see the day where there was more new Star Wars coming to our screens than new Star Trek.

You didn't see 1999-2005?

Those were not Star Wars movies.

yes, they were or there would have been no 'clone wars' tv shows and no disney buy out.

(in reply to Mr Gittes)
Post #: 1835
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 21/3/2013 3:35:40 PM   
Discodez

"You are so blind! You so do not understand! You weren't there at the beginning! You don't know how good it was, how important! This is it for you! This jumped-up firework display of a toy advert! People like you make me sick! What's wrong with you? Now, I don't care if you've saved up all your 50p's, take your pocket money and get out!"

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 1836
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 23/3/2013 12:57:08 AM   
rich

http://bitcast-a-sm.bitgravity.com/slashfilm/wp/wp-content/images/Adam-Schickling-Star-Wars-Episode-VII.jpg

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Discodez)
Post #: 1837
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 23/3/2013 7:02:03 AM   
Overmind

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

http://bitcast-a-sm.bitgravity.com/slashfilm/wp/wp-content/images/Adam-Schickling-Star-Wars-Episode-VII.jpg

That could work.
..but!

Spoiler, highlight:

Acording to the EU Chewie would be long dead.
He died at the dawn of the vongwars

spoiler end.

"All suspects are to be considered guilty, period. Or else they wouldn't be suspects would they?" -TROOPS

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 1838
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 23/3/2013 7:48:23 PM   
Rgirvan44

The Expanded Universe will now go the way of the 70s Marvel Star Wars comics....

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Overmind)
Post #: 1839
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 24/3/2013 12:25:12 AM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

The Expanded Universe will now go the way of the 70s Marvel Star Wars comics....

You went "Mwu-ha-ha-ha-ha!" after posting this, didn't you?

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1840
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 24/3/2013 12:50:22 AM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

quote:

I bet it was more... http://youtu.be/Y-BRyNEaUMo?t=7s

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 1841
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 24/3/2013 5:29:50 AM   
Overmind

quote:

Thats gonna piss a lot of hard core SW fans off.
But who makes blockbusters for the geeks?

"All suspects are to be considered guilty, period. Or else they wouldn't be suspects would they?" -TROOPS

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1842
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 24/3/2013 8:52:22 AM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

quote:

I bet it was more... http://youtu.be/Y-BRyNEaUMo?t=7s

"Oh no! The 80 book Vong Wars epic is no longer "real" Star Wars"

lol

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 1843
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 24/3/2013 12:02:40 PM   
Cool Breeze

I can just see the tagline for this movie now..

'' This is not your dads Star Wars ! ''.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1844
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 24/3/2013 2:06:01 PM   
Overmind

quote:

I can just see the tagline for this movie now..

'' This is not your dads Star Wars ! ''.

Dont say this. Youre scaring me!

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 1845
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 25/3/2013 10:55:13 PM   
Private Hudson

quote:

quote:

Acording to the EU Chewie would be long dead.
He died at the dawn of the vongwars.

LOL. Quite right too. Never thought much of the Timothy Zahn novels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCGRWVvM-Zo&feature=plcp&context=C31ca298UDOEgsToPDskJ4_UorjolrWTaxEGMj5GO0

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1846
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 26/3/2013 10:26:54 AM   
spark1

the emperor speaks about ep VII and a sideous spin off-

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/38910/star-wars-palpatine-solo-film-could-have-tragic-arc/

(in reply to Private Hudson)
Post #: 1847
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 27/3/2013 12:16:24 PM   
Timon

Having just seen a picture of what Mark Hamill currently looks like, I'm not sure he'd cut the dashing figure of a Jedi Master that we'd expect.

http://trekmovie.com/2013/03/26/watch-promo-of-george-takei-mark-hamill-in-the-neighbors-finale-sirtis-cast-in-ncis/

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 1848
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 27/3/2013 12:18:20 PM   
Rgirvan44

Give him a beard and put him on a diet and he will pull off "aged Jedi master" .

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 1849
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 27/3/2013 12:59:40 PM   
Mr Gittes

Hell yes to the beard. He rocks that shit, man!

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1850
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 27/3/2013 2:41:27 PM   
fuzzy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Having just seen a picture of what Mark Hamill currently looks like, I'm not sure he'd cut the dashing figure of a Jedi Master that we'd expect.

http://trekmovie.com/2013/03/26/watch-promo-of-george-takei-mark-hamill-in-the-neighbors-finale-sirtis-cast-in-ncis/

He's carrying a fair bit of timber there, but a beard covers a multitude of sins. No self-respecting Jedi Master would go without face-fuzz though... Obi Wan, Qui Gon, even Yoda had a few whiskers on that green chin. And long as he looks the part, don't really care about the performance, it's Star Wars after all, this time hopefully with added Luke Skywalker! Worth the ticket alone. 

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 1851
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 28/3/2013 4:09:22 PM   
Mr Gittes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Discodez

"You are so blind! You so do not understand! You weren't there at the beginning! You don't know how good it was, how important! This is it for you! This jumped-up firework display of a toy advert! People like you make me sick! What's wrong with you? Now, I don't care if you've saved up all your 50p's, take your pocket money and get out!"

Oh, how often I've wanted to scream that at the naive wee buggers

(in reply to Discodez)
Post #: 1852
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 17/4/2013 8:58:25 PM   
film man aidy

Has anyone seen the recent announcement from the Vegas cinema con thing? Star Wars Episode VII is definately coming in the summer of 2015. Then we are getting another standalone movie EVERY summer from then on, between the following episodes. Bloody Hell! I can't wait for Ep VII, but this is overkill surely? See Coming Soon for details.

(in reply to Mr Gittes)
Post #: 1853
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 19/4/2013 8:31:23 PM   
Private Hudson

I think it might end up being very interesting. I am sure there are enough Star Wars fans in Hollywood to ensure that the different movies are done well. I am actually really looking forward to it.

(in reply to film man aidy)
Post #: 1854
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 20/4/2013 7:58:46 PM   
Sotto Voce

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

The Rock, competent and actor are words that should not be uttered in the same sentence.

How about this sentence; A rock is a more competent actor than The Rock.

All things digested have a similar hue.

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 1855
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 23/4/2013 2:02:19 PM   
jackflaps

quote:

ORIGINAL: Private Hudson

I think it might end up being very interesting. I am sure there are enough Star Wars fans in Hollywood to ensure that the different movies are done well. I am actually really looking forward to it.

The prequels were made by Star Wars fans.

OT: I'm nervous. Disney seem to be treating the Lucasfilm acquisition with a scarily machine-like efficiency. No sooner had they announced the purchase than we're getting a new trilogy of films. Then they shut down Lucasarts. Now it turns out we may be getting annual in-between Star Wars films to pad out their new trilogy.

The last thing I want is for Star Wars to start suffering from COD-syndrome. I'm already iffy about them making an Episode VII-IX, given that those titles would imply yet more reliance on the same characters we already know. Yes, I know Han and Luke are bankable characters, but if the EU has shown us anything, it's that an overreliance on the same characters and an unwillingness to explore new possible areas can end up ruining a series. I'd much rather they cut ties entirely with the Ep I-VI era of Star Wars, and go off in a bold new direction. There's a huge timeline to potentially be explored, and I'd be much more excited to see a big, exciting new film series based in the Old Republic era, or the Legacy era, than yet another story based around the post-ROTJ era.

Besides, Timothy Zahn already made the best possible follow up to the original trilogy with the Thrawn series. I'm worried they're going to retcon that out of existence, and it's not even going to be artfully done.

(in reply to Private Hudson)
Post #: 1856
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 1/5/2013 9:28:37 AM   
Sotto Voce

Apparently Carrie Fisher has been assigned a personal trainer to get her slimmer for ep VII.

All things digested have a similar hue.

(in reply to jackflaps)
Post #: 1857
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 2/5/2013 1:11:15 PM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sotto Voce

Apparently Carrie Fisher has been assigned a personal trainer to get her slimmer for ep VII.

Fair enough I suppose. Have they assigned anyone to stop her being mental?

(in reply to Sotto Voce)
Post #: 1858
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 2/5/2013 1:13:03 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sotto Voce

Fair enough I suppose. Have they assigned anyone to stop her being mental?

Peter Mayhew.

(I just laughed at my own joke there. Poor form)

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 1859
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 5/5/2013 11:38:40 AM   
spark1

pegg quizzes j j on ep VII-

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2013/05/05/simon-pegg-interviews-jj-abrams-about-star-wars-episode-vii/

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 1860
Page:   <<   < prev  60 61 [62] 63 64   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who enter here) Page: <<   < prev  60 61 [62] 63 64   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI