Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Star Wars: Episode 7

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 Page: <<   < prev  58 59 [60] 61 62   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 2/2/2013 4:14:46 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r

His sig was the biggest giveaway into his character.

As all your post are to yours.

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 1771
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 2/2/2013 5:26:47 PM   
Private Hudson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Invader_Ace

Star Wars is supposed to be a space epic.  One of the problems with the prequals was that they reduced it all down to the same characters or there antecendants.

Screw re-casting the the originals and screw their kids.  You've got a whole universe to play with, go somewhere new.

Yeah exactly. I do think The Force has to be in there somewhere, but let's leave the Skywalkers.

Then the overall series will be about Good v Evil, Jedi v Sith and The Balance of The Force (which I liked as a title for Episode I).

Watch my spoof movie of FULL METAL JACKET here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCGRWVvM-Zo&feature=plcp&context=C31ca298UDOEgsToPDskJ4_UorjolrWTaxEGMj5GO0

(in reply to Invader_Ace)
Post #: 1772
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 2/2/2013 5:30:42 PM   
Private Hudson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

Rich is only saying what most of us are thinking, frankly.

Well I ain't going anywhere, so you and Rich can go cry elsewhere! I'll give my opinion on the threads and discuss where and whenever I please, I'm not here just to say things to be cool and popular, and given your dull input I can't say I would care what you think anyway. If you or indeed anyone else doesn't like it, put me on ignore, oh and you could quit sending me insulting private messages too, find something better to do, like discussing actual thread topic.

C'mon, everyone is entitled to their opinion and of course disagree.

But everyone is still entitled to their opinion. Having an unpopular or uncool opinion and then getting continually slagged for it is actually a kind of bullying.

I love Moonraker and Roger Moore Bond movies for example. And yes, the Gunbarrel at the start means something to me. If people disagree, that's fine. But some people are pretty infantile or go crying to the mods. Grow up!

Anyway, I can't believe I am trying to be a peacemaker!

But come on, as Jack Nicholson says: "Why can't we all just get along?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCGRWVvM-Zo&feature=plcp&context=C31ca298UDOEgsToPDskJ4_UorjolrWTaxEGMj5GO0

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 1773
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 2/2/2013 5:58:54 PM   
clownfoot

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

Rich is only saying what most of us are thinking, frankly.

Well I ain't going anywhere, so you and Rich can go cry elsewhere! I'll give my opinion on the threads and discuss where and whenever I please, I'm not here just to say things to be cool and popular, and given your dull input I can't say I would care what you think anyway. If you or indeed anyone else doesn't like it, put me on ignore, oh and you could quit sending me insulting private messages too, find something better to do, like discussing actual thread topic.

Seems to me you're the one doing the crying. Your previous form on the Forum means few now hold anything you post to be of any value. Must be a lonely place screaming into a vacuum. Anyway, you are correct on one matter. If you've had enough of what Dannybohy has to say the ignore button is there to be used. It means that fewer unnecessary digs can be made that drag threads off topic.

Also, Dannybohy, if you have a problem with insulting PMs you discuss it with the Mods, not post about it on the Forum to detract from your own insulting/trolling posts (not really nice using the yawning smilies when somebody holds an opinion you don't give much credence to). For one thing, a mention of such PMs could be defamatory about another user if found to be untrue.

Now, play nice everyone.

Evil Mod 2 - Hail he who has fallen from the sky to deliver us from the terror of the Deadites!

http://www.thepixelempire.net/index.html
http://clownfootsinversemidas.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 1774
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 2/2/2013 7:02:45 PM   
rich

Sorry not a good moment very out of turn. I apologise, to clownfoot.

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r

His sig was the biggest giveaway into his character.

Who said it was mine?

Back on topic
.... Is Lawrence Kasden actually confirmed to be involved?

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 1775
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 2/2/2013 10:31:46 PM   
DancingClown

Here's something that's been confusing me about Star Wars, and it kinda pertains to the whole 'Expanded Universe' term that I keep seeing crop up:

"Kid, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other..."

"This station is now the ultimate power in the universe!"

"...in a galaxy far, far away..."

Now the world(s) of Star Wars take place in one galaxy, right? And it's far, far away. But one galaxy is not the universe, it's one of several hundred billion. Our own Milky Way is approximately 100,000 light years across. So if we were travelling at speed of light in a millenium falcon it would take us fucking thousands and thousands of years to traverse the various star-systems. Assuming the galaxy in which SW is set is of similar size how the hell did Han travel "from one side to the other?" Or does the Falcon travel at several hundred times the speed of light? And why would wotsisname claim that the Death Star is the "ultimate power in the universe" when presumably it wouldn't be able to explore or move beyond the boundaries of the galaxy? And does the Death Star even have light speed? If not how would it pose a threat to rebelling star-systems if they're tens of thousands of light years away? And even if it did have light-speed it would still take them ages to get anywhere.

"Lord Vader we've spotted the rebels, they're hiding in the bingly-bong system!"

"Good. Commence light-speed. How long will it take us to get there?"

"Approximately twenty-thousand years..."

"It is most probable that we will all be dead by the time we get there, yes?"

"Erm...yes, Lord Vader..."

"That is unnacceptable. I will kill you now."

See what I'm saying? I understand that "Expanded Universe" is just a general term, but if you try and expand Star Wars beyond the confines of that galaxy "far, far away" then it loses something. There must be places in the SW galaxy that haven't been explored or mined because it would take so bloody long to travel anywhere, even at light speed. The closest star to our own in the real world may be 'only' four light years away but that's still a long time to travel if you're embroiled in an inter-galactic space adventure that involves lots of chasing and being chased.

I've forgotten what my original point was....

< Message edited by DancingClown -- 2/2/2013 10:37:00 PM >

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 1776
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 2/2/2013 10:39:39 PM   
Hood_Man

What bothers me is how Han Solo can travel from one side of a galaxy to another and see no evidence of The Force, even though it was still widespread only 18 years earlier.

Christ, Toy Story is going to be 18 years old this year, and I can still remember the hype around that when it came out when I was 7. And I doubt Han Solo was 25 in ANH.

Unless of course Han Solo was a twat who flew everywhere with his eyes closed

[EDIT]

Which would mean he must have been navigating using...

THE FORCE!

< Message edited by Hood_Man -- 2/2/2013 11:58:19 PM >

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 1777
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 2/2/2013 10:46:04 PM   
rich

Yeah it's implied that either their galaxy isn't that big, making light speed travel a relatively small time endeavour.... or Han is just full of crap as usual. I mean what are they looking at through the window at the end of Empire? The centre of the whole galaxy? But yes, the Death Star does have hyperdrive engines, it's space so they don't have to have a ship that is actually ship-shaped.

Problem is these are all science fiction concerns. Star Wars is a space opera more concerned with fantasy. So whether the phrase "light speed" actually means anything is unknown, they throw around terms like galaxy and universe without any real weight to them.

Post #: 1778
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 3/2/2013 12:35:38 PM   
Private Hudson

Is Expanded Universe just not a term to describe what goes on in the novels and comics etc. Whether it is canon or not is up for debate.

Also I would say that they use universe and galaxy almost interchangeably (which is obviously wrong). Remember they made a wrong comment about parsecs, which is a measurement of distance and not time.

Star Wars is sci-fi and is deliberately set in the past (and very far away) but yet it is like the future to us.

Lucas had a great cop out when he said that the rules of physics might not be the same in their galaxy (again, I know this is poppycock, but it is only entertainment!).

Lucas got a bit of aggro over the whole rotation and voting for the Queen of Naboo. Funny thing is I've been to Malaysia, and they do the exact same thing, yet I don't think Lucas was aware of it.

If Lawrence Kasdan is involved I think that can only be good. I do think they need new ideas and a new team, but to have some old hands will help.

Again, I'd like it to have nothing to do with the Skywalkers, as I hope in time Star Wars will be a story about The Force and the Jedi v Sith, whereas Episodes I-VI is the Skywalker saga.

There is no limit to what they can do or where they can go, so hopefully we will see something as wonderful and fun as we did all those years ago when that Star Destroyer zoomed over our heads...

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 1779
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 3/2/2013 12:46:37 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

I really hope the new Star Wars movies will distance themselves from the existing stories and characters. As others have said, it's such a vast universe to explore in films, it would be a shame to keep it so intimate in terms of its characters and everyone being connected. I want to see fresh Star Wars stories and characters, the potential is amazing.

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to Private Hudson)
Post #: 1780
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 3/2/2013 9:43:30 PM   
DancingClown

You're right, Don.

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

I really hope the new Star Wars movies will distance themselves from the existing stories and characters. As others have said, it's such a vast universe to explore in films, it would be a shame to keep it so intimate in terms of its characters and everyone being connected. I want to see fresh Star Wars stories and characters, the potential is amazing.

Some fresh stories would be great, but I'm assuming you'd still want them to be linked to the familiar SW world (galaxy) somehow, otherwise it wouldn't be Star Wars, right? Then they might as well create a new film. But I guess you can still have the Force, the Sith, the Jedi. Depends how vast the SW galaxy is, which kinda takes me back to the point I was making earlier about what could be the 'undiscovered' realms of that galaxy, assuming it has to be thousands of light years wide and deep. Maybe the characters could discover some new worlds, some new creatures and revolve the story around that. Uncover some revelations about the origins of the SW galaxy and its civilisations. I'd be up for that. Bit like Prometheus but, ya know, with light-sabres and stuff.

< Message edited by DancingClown -- 3/2/2013 9:45:11 PM >

Astronomic Tune Boy

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 1781
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 3/2/2013 9:55:15 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

You're right, Don.

quote:

Some fresh stories would be great, but I'm assuming you'd still want them to be linked to the familiar SW world (galaxy) somehow, otherwise it wouldn't be Star Wars, right? Then they might as well create a new film. But I guess you can still have the Force, the Sith, the Jedi. Depends how vast the SW galaxy is, which kinda takes me back to the point I was making earlier about what could be the 'undiscovered' realms of that galaxy, assuming it has to be thousands of light years wide and deep. Maybe the characters could discover some new worlds, some new creatures and revolve the story around that. Uncover some revelations about the origins of the SW galaxy and its civilisations. I'd be up for that. Bit like Prometheus but, ya know, with light-sabres and stuff.

Yes, what you said basically. Obviously aspects like Jedi's will and could still feature prominently, that alone would cement it as typical Star wars without having to be too tied in to any of the characters we already know. Prometheus is an excellent example of how to take an existing franchise into a new direction. The prequel trilogy went overboard with tying everything together, so much so that i think a lot of us have probably had our fill of the existing stories/ characters. Of course i can't speak for everyone and i'm sure there are a lot of fans out there who would love the existing characters to be the leads in any new SW movies. Other options could be to offshoot (like Prometheus did) by taking a throaway element or character from the previous films and doing a new story with them/ that.

I really think it would be bold to introduce completely new characters to allow the SW universe to expand even further (on the screen at least, i realise there have been lots of books etc that have expanded the universe probably a lot better than the prequel trilogy did).

Post #: 1782
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 3/2/2013 11:33:53 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

You do realise that there is a fantastic animated series that is in its fifth season now set during the Clone Wars era? Check it out if you haven't , it's absolutely brilliant with some terrific storylines, characters, and action.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

Post #: 1783
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 4/2/2013 12:08:40 AM   
rich

I don't think images work in the section but I will just leave this here

http://img.pixfans.com/2013/01/Portadas-truchas-5.jpg

I dare them to do better

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 1784
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 5/2/2013 10:10:18 AM   
spark1

standalone movie yoda gets-

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/35550/star-wars-first-solo-film-to-be-about-yoda/

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 1785
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 5/2/2013 3:58:29 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

standalone movie yoda gets-

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/35550/star-wars-first-solo-film-to-be-about-yoda/

This will be separate from episode 7 , right?. Cant say I care for a Yoda back story myself, I would rather a Han Solo the early years spin off so maybe that will happen too ?

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 1786
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 5/2/2013 4:59:34 PM   
pete_traynor

Max Rebo film, using the Blues Brothers as a template. Failure would be impossible!

He had a band powerful enough to turn Rancor piss into gasoline!

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 1787
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 5/2/2013 8:50:44 PM   
Dirk Miggler

Can't say I find a Yoda film that appealing, I would rather see something akin to Knights of The Old Republic with the Jedi Order in its earliest days or something further down the line, well beyond the events of the ST. Anything really so long as it doesn't contain already established characters and isn't connected to the Skywalker family as I think they will be at the forefront of episodes 7-9.

Got to say a Han Solo film is just a straight up non-starter for me. Surely a stand alone Vader film would be the safest option if there were to be a film with an already established character ? There wouldn't be the obvious casting issues and fan uproar that would come with a young Solo film.

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 1788
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 5/2/2013 9:23:30 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirk Miggler
Surely a stand alone Vader film would be the safest option if there were to be a film with an already established character ? There wouldn't be the obvious casting issues and fan uproar that would come with a young Solo film.

I have to disagree there as I'm not sure how that would work. He's the bad guy, how would you revolve an entire stand-alone film around him with him as central character? "Adventures with Vader"? That's not really what he does. He mainly presides over events - Battle of Yavin excepted, of course. He has minions. People (especially kids) love a villain but surely you need a protagonist and a hero to be the main thrust of a story in a stand-alone film.

Personally I'd love to see spin-offs based on Han's early career as a smuggler with Chewie and Lando. Sure it would mean recasting but that would be somewhat unavoidable, and I think even the die-hard SW geeks would understand that if it meant seeing legendary periods of these characters' lives come to life on screen.

Astronomic Tune Boy

(in reply to Dirk Miggler)
Post #: 1789
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 5/2/2013 10:19:59 PM   
rich

quote:

ORIGINAL: pete_traynor

Max Rebo film, using the Blues Brothers as a template. Failure would be impossible!

I like the way you think

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 1790
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 6/2/2013 9:12:32 AM   
Dannybohy

Revenge of the Rancor

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 1791
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 6/2/2013 1:51:58 PM   
spark1

darth bane/plagious/sideous/maul spin off.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 1792
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 6/2/2013 1:54:40 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

quote:

You do realise that there is a fantastic animated series that is in its fifth season now set during the Clone Wars era? Check it out if you haven't , it's absolutely brilliant with some terrific storylines, characters, and action.

The style of animation always put me off to be honest. I'm not a fan of it. Otherwise i may have checked it out.

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 1793
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 6/2/2013 1:55:20 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

darth bane/plagious/sideous/maul spin off.

The dark side are you.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 1794
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 6/2/2013 2:04:25 PM   
AxlReznor

quote:

quote:

quote:

The style of animation always put me off to be honest. I'm not a fan of it. Otherwise i may have checked it out.

Once you get over the animation style (and the fact that the pilot that should never have been a theatrical release is a bit crap), it's a genuinely fun show. And the entire point was to actually show you the galaxy-wide war from the viewpoint of many characters that were only glimpsed in the movies (including Aayla Secura, who I really wish had a bigger role in the prequels).

Post #: 1795
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 6/2/2013 3:13:55 PM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

quote:

quote:

quote:

Once you get over the animation style (and the fact that the pilot that should never have been a theatrical release is a bit crap), it's a genuinely fun show. And the entire point was to actually show you the galaxy-wide war from the viewpoint of many characters that were only glimpsed in the movies (including Aayla Secura, who I really wish had a bigger role in the prequels).

I tried to watch them but found Ahsoka Tano to be a nippy bastard.

I much preferred the Tartakovsky mini series.

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 1796
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 6/2/2013 6:02:09 PM   
Sutty

Are we to assume (and I've not read a huge amount on previous posts) that the with the "stand alone" or "spin off" movies that are NOT parts VII, VIII, VIIII, Disney are going down the X-Men route and we will have characters having their own origin movies?

Star Wars: Origins Yoda
Star Wars: Origins Chewbacca
Star Wars: Origins Admiral Ackbar

And we thought that Lucas was milking a franchise dry!

Still, it's all about the money baby!

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 1797
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 6/2/2013 10:18:55 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sutty

And we thought that Lucas was milking a franchise dry!

Still, it's all about the money baby!

Disney were always going to milk Star Wars dry.There would have been little point buying it if they hadn't.

But yes,we're going to be soon witnessing umpteen movies (maybe TV series) of the Star Wars universe-brand coming our way.

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 1798
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 6/2/2013 10:46:42 PM   
Sutty

I love the idea of a long running tv series. I think the universe could be expanded far better this way than just movie after movie...

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1799
RE: Star Wars: Episode VII (Abandon hope all ye who ent... - 7/2/2013 12:12:39 AM   
MonsterCat

So how many spin-offs have Disney commissioned outside of eps VII to IX?

I think they're risking Star Wars burnout if they're going to churn out one film after another.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 1800
Page:   <<   < prev  58 59 [60] 61 62   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 Page: <<   < prev  58 59 [60] 61 62   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI