Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Star Wars: Episode 7

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 Page: <<   < prev  57 58 [59] 60 61   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 1/2/2013 11:25:29 AM   
Dirk Miggler

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

Woman/housework "jokes", brilliant. You guys should check out truelad.....

Anyway, SWVII. Here's hoping we get some real sets, model and prosthetics and ditch the CGI clean room look.

Agreed and with JJ on board we will.

Does anyone else think that original roles could/should be re-cast if any of the characters are indeed involved ? I'm not against it, Matt Damon as Luke anyone ?.........

I don't see what the original cast bring to the table other than a familiar name/face, If they are a major part of the story, who really wants to see a bunch of would be pensioners running around with their kids in tow (indy 4 anyone ?) The possiblity of there being too many characters involved if you take into account the children of Han and Leia and any other new additions.

If then its cameo's, why even bother ? Hasn't the series had already had enough shameless nods and winks to the original films.

Personally I just want my fond memories of the Original cast to remain just that, fond memories ! Recast or not at all for me.

Still wouldn't stop me seeing the film though

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 1741
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 1/2/2013 11:39:21 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirk Miggler

quote:

Anyway, SWVII. Here's hoping we get some real sets, model and prosthetics and ditch the CGI clean room look.

Agreed and with JJ on board we will.

Does anyone else think that original roles could/should be re-cast if any of the characters are indeed involved ? I'm not against it, Matt Damon as Luke anyone ?.........

I don't see what the original cast bring to the table other than a familiar name/face, If they are a major part of the story, who really wants to see a bunch of would be pensioners running around with their kids in tow (indy 4 anyone ?) The possiblity of there being too many characters involved if you take into account the children of Han and Leia and any other new additions.

If then its cameo's, why even bother ? Hasn't the series had already had enough shameless nods and winks to the original films.

Personally I just want my fond memories of the Original cast to remain just that, fond memories ! Recast or not at all for me.

Still wouldn't stop me seeing the film though

MATT DAMOOONN!!

Seriously now. If they recast any of the original characters then I am out! like Dragons Den out!!

Is all depends if they are planning to carry straight on with a story based on the original characters and children or not. If they do then I am fine with the old cast back and a story line involving their children or padawans. If not! and they are going to have new characters then I agree, no nods or cameos!! it ruined Star Trek movie for me for a start!
Given that its being tagged as Episode 7 I would put my money on a continuation of the original saga!

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 1/2/2013 11:46:59 AM >

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to Dirk Miggler)
Post #: 1742
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 1/2/2013 11:48:35 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

100% AGREE!! WITH A MANLY APPROVAL STAMP!!

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 1743
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 1/2/2013 12:03:40 PM   
Chief

Are there any spare facepalm gif's going?

Anyway, the only link I think that could be shoe-horned in would be Mark Hamill as the aged Jedi master/leader in some sort of teaching capacity.

Post #: 1744
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 1/2/2013 12:10:13 PM   
AxlReznor

The books have gotten to about 50 years after Return Of The Jedi, and still overwhelmingly deal with the adventures of Luke, Han and Leia, even if more emphasis over time has been put onto Ben Skywalker. As I've said before, I would hope all of this continuity isn't completely done away with, as it's been sold to us the official continuation of the movies until now.

And wasn't Qui-Gon Jinn pretty much universally considered to be one of two good things about The Phantom Menace? He wasn't exactly young.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 1745
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 1/2/2013 12:13:35 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

Are there any spare facepalm gif's going?

Anyway, the only link I think that could be shoe-horned in would be Mark Hamill as the aged Jedi master/leader in some sort of teaching capacity.

looks like you cant put images on this forum!! thats a shame

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/dannybohy/LeiaFacepalm_zps71badcd3.gif

[image]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/dannybohy/LeiaFacepalm1_zpsb219dec1.gif[/image]

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 1/2/2013 12:23:48 PM >

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 1746
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 1/2/2013 12:38:35 PM   
Dirk Miggler

Ha ha, the Matt Damon name drop was in jest, should have used a smiley ! Thinking about it I could definitely live with Hamill on his own but all 3, nah not for me. Ford was terrible in Indy 4 IMO and has been pretty bad for a while the thought of him returning to his most famous role scares me.

< Message edited by Dirk Miggler -- 1/2/2013 12:39:24 PM >

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 1747
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 1/2/2013 12:41:22 PM   
AxlReznor

Hamill might need to go on an exercise regime if we're to believe that he's still a bad-ass Jedi Knight, though.

(Also, I liked Indy 4... let the shit-throwing commence).

Post #: 1748
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 1/2/2013 12:55:56 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

Ha ha, the Matt Damon name drop was in jest, should have used a smiley ! Thinking about it I could definitely live with Hamill on his own but all 3, nah not for me. Ford was terrible in Indy 4 IMO and has been pretty bad for a while the thought of him returning to his most famous role scares me.

I know ya was joking! ;) Agreed, Hamill only. I can handle an aged and hooded Luke, Master Jedi. I don't want to see an old Leia!

Post #: 1749
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 1/2/2013 12:57:02 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

Hamill might need to go on an exercise regime if we're to believe that he's still a bad-ass Jedi Knight, though.

They did ok with the Emperor in RoTS , I am sure Hamill can still swing and rock the black outfit. No reason he even ever has to wield a lightsaber anyway!. Mind powers and lighting!!!!!

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 1/2/2013 12:58:24 PM >

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 1750
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 1/2/2013 1:02:29 PM   
Dirk Miggler

quote:

The books have gotten to about 50 years after Return Of The Jedi, and still overwhelmingly deal with the adventures of Luke, Han and Leia, even if more emphasis over time has been put onto Ben Skywalker. As I've said before, I would hope all of this continuity isn't completely done away with, as it's been sold to us the official continuation of the movies until now.

And wasn't Qui-Gon Jinn pretty much universally considered to be one of two good things about The Phantom Menace? He wasn't exactly young.

Difference is Liam Neesan is a damn fine actor, is still making decent films and putting in good performances. He's had a bit of a renaissance as an action star in recent times, says a lot about the mans physical presence and qualities as an actor and that's 14 years after PM. You can't really say the same about Hamill, Fisher and even Ford on current form.

< Message edited by Dirk Miggler -- 1/2/2013 1:04:55 PM >

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 1751
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 1/2/2013 1:04:45 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

Actually! you might have a point! Hamill is carrying a few extra midichlorians!

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 1752
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 1/2/2013 1:06:48 PM   
AxlReznor

quote:

quote:

Difference is Liam Neesan is a damn fine actor, is still making decent films and putting in good performances. He's had a bit of a renaissance as an action star in recent times, says a lot about the mans physical presence and qualities as an actor and that's 14 years after PM. You can't really say the same about Hamill, Fisher and even Ford on current form.

Good points, all.

Post #: 1753
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 1/2/2013 1:11:12 PM   
Dannybohy

59 pages and we haven't any details other than director!!.

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 1754
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 1/2/2013 1:22:17 PM   
spark1

lucas had to complete the father/son story in the other movies but now is the time for a female jedi at the heart of the new trilogy.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 1755
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 1/2/2013 1:35:41 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

lucas had to complete the father/son story in the other movies but now is the time for a female jedi at the heart of the new trilogy.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 1756
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 1/2/2013 1:40:07 PM   
Dirk Miggler

I don't think a female as the main lead would hurt the franchise, fans of Star Wars are not going to be suddenly turned off solely on the basis the main protagonist is a woman. It might even open the door to a new generation of fans. A female lead didn't hurt The Hunger Games and yes you can argue different target audience but I would imagine one of Disney's aim is to expand the already huge, loyal fan base of Star Wars even further.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 1757
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 1/2/2013 1:41:34 PM   
Dirk Miggler

We've been here before haven't we

Post #: 1758
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 1/2/2013 2:34:36 PM   
Invader_Ace

Star Wars is supposed to be a space epic.  One of the problems with the prequals was that they reduced it all down to the same characters or there antecendants.

Screw re-casting the the originals and screw their kids.  You've got a whole universe to play with, go somewhere new.

Post #: 1759
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 1/2/2013 7:04:53 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

quote:

Irony overload.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 1760
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 1/2/2013 9:56:11 PM   
rich

quote:

Not true, we established you are a colossal tool factory several pages ago which the confirmed previous rumours.

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 1761
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 1/2/2013 11:27:40 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

quote:

Not true, we established you are a colossal tool factory several pages ago which the confirmed previous rumours.

Oh, what the matter diddums, no one want to play out with you so you thought some name calling would make you feel big. Who is the tool here really?. Especially given that I have never conversed with once on these forums. Did you not like something the bad man said, lol.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 1762
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 1/2/2013 11:29:06 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

quote:

quote:

Irony overload.

Spark was looking for something that wasn't there today

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 1/2/2013 11:30:53 PM >

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 1763
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 2/2/2013 12:10:57 AM   
MonsterCat

Rich is only saying what most of us are thinking, frankly.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 1764
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 2/2/2013 12:17:43 AM   
vad3r

His sig was the biggest giveaway into his character.

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 1765
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 2/2/2013 1:40:16 AM   
directorscut

quote:

You didn't really get Yoda's teachings, did you?

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 1766
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 2/2/2013 5:06:46 AM   
PerfectlyFlawed

quote:

Hamill at his age will play the older, wiser Jedi master perfectly.

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 1767
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 2/2/2013 10:14:31 AM   
Fit Kisto

quote:

ORIGINAL: PerfectlyFlawed

quote:

Hamill at his age will play the older, wiser Jedi master perfectly.

There's always cgi help on hand. These guys had Christopher Lee doing backflips in Episode II & III.

There is no Swamp Ape. It was invented for people who can't find the actual world fascinating. Y'know?

(in reply to PerfectlyFlawed)
Post #: 1768
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 2/2/2013 10:19:18 AM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

quote:

You didn't really get Yoda's teachings, did you?

Have you been inside the Jedi Temple cafeteria? Lentils and salads everywhere, not a chicken curry in sight.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 1769
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 2/2/2013 3:51:14 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

Rich is only saying what most of us are thinking, frankly.

Well I ain't going anywhere, so you and Rich can go cry elsewhere! I'll give my opinion on the threads and discuss where and whenever I please, I'm not here just to say things to be cool and popular, and given your dull input I can't say I would care what you think anyway. If you or indeed anyone else doesn't like it, put me on ignore, oh and you could quit sending me insulting private messages too, find something better to do, like discussing actual thread topic.

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 2/2/2013 4:10:11 PM >

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 1770
Page:   <<   < prev  57 58 [59] 60 61   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 Page: <<   < prev  57 58 [59] 60 61   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI