Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Star Wars: Episode 7

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 Page: <<   < prev  56 57 [58] 59 60   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 30/1/2013 2:13:35 PM   
AxlReznor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

quote:

quote:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080523195724/starwars/images/7/79/Jaina_vs_Caedus.jpg

Shes trying to hard. Hes going to own her like a boss then ask her to go make him Jedi Sandwich for his manly Jedi Lunch box...

She actually beats him.

No idea why the links aren't working. It's showing up alright on the post preview.

I bet she does, dirty minx!

Please get it to work, We can have a caption competition, and they have to be quotes from Star Wars!

I'm going for "Put that thing away before you get us all killed."

It's her twin brother...

Oh dear... I can see this escalating.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 1711
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 30/1/2013 2:21:49 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

I might just be the kind of people that I know, but I always got the impression that Star Wars was pretty universal, equally loved by all genders, races and sexualities. One of the few things that does appeal to everybody.

I've seen plenty of women dressed as Aayla Secura at places like Comic Con... I'm pretty sure they'd jump at a chance of having a new character everyone will recognise to dress as without having to wear a gold bikini. And I'm pretty sure no matter who the protagonist is, there'll be plenty of male characters around for men to relate to. After all, Han was never supposed to be the lead in the original film, but kids all wanted to be him anyway.

I have never come across a single female that is even remotely interested in Star Wars, which is a damn shame. So yes, ones opinion on this matter will always be informed by your surroundings.

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 30/1/2013 3:58:16 PM >

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 1712
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 30/1/2013 2:24:23 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080523195724/starwars/images/7/79/Jaina_vs_Caedus.jpg

Shes trying to hard. Hes going to own her like a boss then ask her to go make him Jedi Sandwich for his manly Jedi Lunch box...

She actually beats him.

No idea why the links aren't working. It's showing up alright on the post preview.

I bet she does, dirty minx!

Please get it to work, We can have a caption competition, and they have to be quotes from Star Wars!

I'm going for "Put that thing away before you get us all killed."

It's her twin brother...

Oh dear... I can see this escalating.

In that case.

"There is good in him, I've felt it."

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 1713
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 30/1/2013 2:26:01 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

I have had many female friends, girlfriends and a now a lovely wife. I spent many years teaching all ages male and female and safely say I have never come across a single female that is even remotely interested in Star Wars, which is a damn shame. So yes, ones opinion on this matter will always be informed by your surroundings.

Seriously, did you just pull the "I have female friends" card?

PLEASE DON'T HURT ME.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 1714
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 30/1/2013 2:32:04 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

quote:

I have had many female friends, girlfriends and a now a lovely wife. I spent many years teaching all ages male and female and safely say I have never come across a single female that is even remotely interested in Star Wars, which is a damn shame. So yes, ones opinion on this matter will always be informed by your surroundings.

PLEASE DON'T HURT ME.

ha! not exactly, keep it in context.. I have never personally met a female remotely interested in Star Wars, have you? I thought it best to establish that I wasn't raised by male pigs! devoid of female contact that make me such a sexist as to suggest that a female Star wars lead might suck!

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 30/1/2013 2:36:56 PM >

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 1715
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 30/1/2013 2:34:29 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

I have never personally met a female, have you?

Truth is out at last.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 1716
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 30/1/2013 2:36:31 PM   
AxlReznor

I married one, and have a lot of friends of both genders who are proud, card-carrying (not literally... in most cases) geeks. I guess I must've just gotten lucky.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 1717
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 30/1/2013 2:39:17 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

I married one, and have a lot of friends of both genders who are proud, card-carrying (not literally... in most cases) geeks. I guess I must've just gotten lucky.

you married a woman?. and you have geek friends who are female?. yes, you are Lucky.

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 1718
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 30/1/2013 2:40:57 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

quote:

quote:

PLEASE DON'T HURT ME.

ha! not exactly, keep it in context.. I have never personally met a female remotely interested in Star Wars, have you? I thought it best to establish that I wasn't raised by male pigs! devoid of female contact that make me such a sexist as to suggest that a female Star wars lead might suck!

Yes.

Most of the women I know are massive Star Wars fans. They had updated their FB statuses with the news of Episode VII before I had.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 1719
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 30/1/2013 2:41:00 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

quote:

I have never personally met a female, have you?

"Luke, at that speed do you think you'll be able to pull out in time?"

Now your just being filthy, and underhanded

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 1720
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 30/1/2013 2:41:51 PM   
AxlReznor

quote:

quote:

you married a woman?. and you have geek friends who are female?. yes, you are Lucky.

You didn't?

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 1721
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 30/1/2013 2:45:12 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

PLEASE DON'T HURT ME.

Yes.

Most of the women I know are massive Star Wars fans. They had updated their FB statuses with the news of Episode VII before I had.

Nice, the feminine force is strong with you!.

Post #: 1722
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 30/1/2013 2:45:55 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

quote:

quote:

You didn't?

Shes more machine now than woman, twisted and evil...

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 1723
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 30/1/2013 4:59:50 PM   
Artoo

Although I dont fully agree with you Dannybohy, I can actually see your point.

First off let me say I would have no problem with a female lead in Star Wars, in fact I would welcome it - especially if the rumours of Chloe Moritz are true because she is a good little actress. But, the Star Wars target audience up to now has indeed been male, and to try and convince yourself otherwise is just naive! Alot of females might well like it now for one reason or another - but when I was at school and was watching Star Wars and playing with the figures etc it was ONLY the boys that were doing it and the girls were quite happy playing with My little pony and watching the Care Bears.

Now, as an adult (I was born the same year A New Hope came out) the people that are into Star Wars are just the grown up versions of those same kids (men now obviously), and the new litter of kids that like the prequels and the animated Clone Wars series (who are also predominently male). Of the women that I know who like Star Wars - I'm sorry to say that they generally like it because their boyfriends/Husbands/fathers/brothers have made them sit and watch it at some point and have almost brainwashed them into liking it.

I don't doubt that Star Wars has female fans, but I would say the ratio of men who like it to women who like it would be quite one sided!

Hey, get some beer and some.....cleaning products!

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 1724
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 30/1/2013 5:44:35 PM   
rich

Nerds generally live with each other. If you married someone who isn't a massive geek... you're doing it wrong.

quote:

[image]http://d1466nnw0ex81e.cloudfront.net/n_iv/600/1122755.jpg[/image]

Anyone who thinks seeing this in motion would not be awesome is deluding themselves.

Yeah but it will never happen. Studios don't make decisions based on what's awesome, they're cold, calculating and need to see who they will be able to sell that too. They don't want to take any risks.

Meanwhile...

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 1725
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 30/1/2013 5:55:30 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: Artoo
Of the women that I know who like Star Wars - I'm sorry to say that they generally like it because their boyfriends/Husbands/fathers/brothers have made them sit and watch it at some point and have almost brainwashed them into liking it.

I don't doubt that Star Wars has female fans, but I would say the ratio of men who like it to women who like it would be quite one sided!

Them womenfolk, never able to make up their own minds, eh? Gotta have us manly men tell them what to like.

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 1726
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 30/1/2013 6:10:18 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

Nerds generally live with each other. If you married someone who isn't a massive geek... you're doing it wrong.

Nerds always walk single file to hide their numbers.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 1727
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 30/1/2013 7:17:26 PM   
vad3r

Surprised there's no early reviews for this out yet.

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 1728
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/1/2013 9:11:47 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

Although I dont fully agree with you Dannybohy, I can actually see your point.

First off let me say I would have no problem with a female lead in Star Wars, in fact I would welcome it - especially if the rumours of Chloe Moritz are true because she is a good little actress. But, the Star Wars target audience up to now has indeed been male, and to try and convince yourself otherwise is just naive! Alot of females might well like it now for one reason or another - but when I was at school and was watching Star Wars and playing with the figures etc it was ONLY the boys that were doing it and the girls were quite happy playing with My little pony and watching the Care Bears.

Now, as an adult (I was born the same year A New Hope came out) the people that are into Star Wars are just the grown up versions of those same kids (men now obviously), and the new litter of kids that like the prequels and the animated Clone Wars series (who are also predominently male). Of the women that I know who like Star Wars - I'm sorry to say that they generally like it because their boyfriends/Husbands/fathers/brothers have made them sit and watch it at some point and have almost brainwashed them into liking it.

The force is strong with this one

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 1729
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/1/2013 9:12:18 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

Nerds always walk single file to hide their numbers.

*best response so far 2013* I did a little piggy snort laugh !

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 1730
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/1/2013 10:30:22 AM   
Artoo

quote:

quote:

Of the women that I know who like Star Wars - I'm sorry to say that they generally like it because their boyfriends/Husbands/fathers/brothers have made them sit and watch it at some point and have almost brainwashed them into liking it.

Them womenfolk, never able to make up their own minds, eh? Gotta have us manly men tell them what to like.

So you're a manly man are you? Ok then.....

Hey, get some beer and some.....cleaning products!

Post #: 1731
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/1/2013 10:42:44 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

quote:

quote:

So you're a manly man are you? Ok then.....

Are there any women on the Empire forum?

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 1732
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/1/2013 12:55:41 PM   
Dirk Miggler

There are a few, they mostly congregate in Off Topic. Discussions range from cooking, cleaning and how to pleasure their husbands. Generally just standard, everyday women's chit chat !

< Message edited by Dirk Miggler -- 31/1/2013 12:58:37 PM >

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 1733
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/1/2013 12:57:43 PM   
AxlReznor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirk Miggler

There are a few they mostly congregate in Off Topic discussing cooking, cleaning and how to pleasure their husbands.

Not wasting valuable cooking and cleaning time on the computer would be a good start.

(in reply to Dirk Miggler)
Post #: 1734
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/1/2013 12:59:34 PM   
Dirk Miggler

quote:

quote:

There are a few they mostly congregate in Off Topic discussing cooking, cleaning and how to pleasure their husbands.

Not wasting valuable cooking and cleaning time on the computer would be a good start.

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 1735
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/1/2013 1:00:44 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

quote:

quote:

(in reply to Dirk Miggler)
Post #: 1736
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/1/2013 1:26:09 PM   
Dannybohy

Jeezuz! you are right!! the subjects range from 'Empire Nature club', 'Crafting' to 'Characters honored via pets!!' clearly full of those females!!! I dare not even enter a topic!!! but i really want to know what they think of Star Wars!!

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 31/1/2013 1:27:50 PM >

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 1737
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/1/2013 2:30:00 PM   
spark1

scope the conventions and SW related mags/sites and you will find a large female fanbase and they did not need their boyfriends/partners to get them into it.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 1738
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/1/2013 2:34:53 PM   
Dannybohy

Edited as that wasn't particularly nice or helpful.

Boooo hiisss!! I don't even know what it was I wrote, but the forum would be empty if we deleted all the posts that aren't nice or helpful

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 1/2/2013 11:42:08 AM >

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 1739
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 1/2/2013 9:33:03 AM   
Chief

Woman/housework "jokes", brilliant. You guys should check out truelad.....

Anyway, SWVII. Here's hoping we get some real sets, model and prosthetics and ditch the CGI clean room look.

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 1740
Page:   <<   < prev  56 57 [58] 59 60   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 Page: <<   < prev  56 57 [58] 59 60   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI