Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Star Wars: Episode 7

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 Page: <<   < prev  55 56 [57] 58 59   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 30/1/2013 11:56:47 AM   
pete_traynor

Not getting how this won’t be as big or popular with a female lead . The last 3 had a fu*cking wooden mannequin as the lead and they still pulled in a ton of cash.

The gender of the lead in this will make little to no difference… neither will the quality of the project (should that be an issue). It will be seen… by an awful lot of people regardless.

But with Abrams at the helm I’m confident that the quality won’t be the issue. And if he picks a female lead it makes absolutely no difference to me. In fact, I hope he does to change it up a bit.

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 1681
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 30/1/2013 11:59:13 AM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy
There was no female lead in any of the six movies.

And 50% of that output was atrocious beyond words! A female Jedi lead could freshen things up. Might be the way to go...

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 1682
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 30/1/2013 12:05:46 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: pete_traynor

quote:

And 50% of that output was atrocious beyond words! A female Jedi lead could freshen things up. Might be the way to go...

yep! no argument on your first point from me! assuming you mean the atrocious prequels. A female lead might work, but I don't think the studio or marketing people would agree and I would prefer a kick ass male lead.

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 1683
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 30/1/2013 1:01:12 PM   
Keyser Sozzled

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: pete_traynor

quote:

yep! no argument on your first point from me! assuming you mean the atrocious prequels. A female lead might work, but I don't think the studio or marketing people would agree and I would prefer a kick ass male lead.

Why?

I have no idea who any of them are, apart from Terry Pratchett who I know has got a beard and keeps going on about killing himself but never does.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 1684
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 30/1/2013 1:06:47 PM   
AxlReznor

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

It says that you're a sexist pig, actually considering there are female characters so popular among the fans of the films that they are protagonists of their own stories, and you're the only person I've seen who is so dead set against a female lead character in the films (despite the fact there has been a female lead character in all but one of the six films released so far - Padme was sidelined to a secondary character in Episode III for some reason).

Well why didn't you just come right out and say it in the first place. . No, I am not remotely interested in a female lead, you think thats enough to make a personally attack and call me a sexist pig?. Says more about you than me....

Yes, because people who don't have any interest in seeing female characters in movies because they are men themselves and would rather the heroes be men are not sexist at all.

And yes, Leia and Padme were both lead characters... not the only lead characters, but lead characters nonetheless.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 1685
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 30/1/2013 1:10:03 PM   
AxlReznor

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES
And who's to say there cant be two leads.One Male and one Female.Maybe the future films could depict there different journeys,struggles in different episodes.

Exactly. After-all, the original had three leads (albeit unknown), one of whom was - gosh darnit - a young woman who, despite having to be rescued in the traditional sense, could still hold her own and not tolerate any of Solo's bullshit.Whilst I doubt Episode VII will feature any one single lead of either gender I see nothing weird about females of any age appearing among an ensemble. Maybe Disney and Lucasfilm will want to broaden the demographic. Not that they really need to.

I asked my wife if she enjoyed Star Wars as a young girl. She said yes, because she "wanted to marry Harrison Ford". I remember loving Star Wars because I wanted to fly spaceships. I'm sure the creators of Episode VII can cater to both viewpoints there.

This! The earliest example of a strong female character in (movie) sci-fi!

yeh! i agree ,especially as damsel in distress, bikini clad slave girl and object of the two male leads desire! one of which must of took a long cleansing shower after RoTJ.

Maybe Ripley would of been a more appropriate retort ?....

She was hardly a damsel in distress. She needed to be rescued once, but as has been noted by the previous poster, after that she was more than able to hold her own with Luke and Han. In fact, during her rescue she did a better job of shooting stormtrooper's than one of her rescuers did. She was the object of desire, too, and yes she wore a bikini, but none of that stops her from being a strong female character, who precedes Ripley by two years.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 1686
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 30/1/2013 1:11:18 PM   
Dirk Miggler

A young attractive female in the lead role would not appeal boys and men, why ? Has the worlds male population turned gay all of a sudden ?

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 1687
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 30/1/2013 1:12:32 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

quote:

quote:

It says that you're a sexist pig, actually considering there are female characters so popular among the fans of the films that they are protagonists of their own stories, and you're the only person I've seen who is so dead set against a female lead character in the films (despite the fact there has been a female lead character in all but one of the six films released so far - Padme was sidelined to a secondary character in Episode III for some reason).

Well why didn't you just come right out and say it in the first place. . No, I am not remotely interested in a female lead, you think thats enough to make a personally attack and call me a sexist pig?. Says more about you than me....

Yes, because people who don't have any interest in seeing female characters in movies because they are men themselves and would rather the heroes be men are not sexist at all.

And yes, Leia and Padme were both lead characters... not the only lead characters, but lead characters nonetheless.

No they are not
No they are not

Just out of interest..... any of you female?

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 1688
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 30/1/2013 1:13:23 PM   
AxlReznor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirk Miggler

A young attractive female in the lead role would not appeal boys and men, why ? Has the worlds male population turned gay all of a sudden ?

I thought the days of this mentality ended when everyone started playing Tomb Raider and watching Buffy The Vampire Slayer, myself.

(in reply to Dirk Miggler)
Post #: 1689
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 30/1/2013 1:14:41 PM   
AxlReznor

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

No they are not
No they are not

Yes they are.
Yes they are.
No... I am male, and like all non-sexist males don't give a shit about the gender of a character, as long as they're well-written.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 1690
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 30/1/2013 1:15:24 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

Why does the female lead have to be young and attractive!! my word!! sexist!! oh and Homophobia!!! (kidding)

Im not saying a female role wouldn't appeal to boys and men....

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 30/1/2013 1:20:07 PM >

Post #: 1691
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 30/1/2013 1:24:06 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

No they are not
No they are not

Yes they are.
Yes they are.
No... I am male, and like all non-sexist males don't give a shit about the gender of a character, as long as they're well-written.

Would be OK with a female Bane? If Batman was never a man, but a woman (Bat woman) you would still be as into it ?. Don't even bother answering because if you try to say yes be you are lying!! to me and to yourself!.

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 30/1/2013 1:25:02 PM >

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 1692
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 30/1/2013 1:30:48 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

No they are not
No they are not

Are you seriously suggesting that Leia wasn't a lead character in any of the OT?

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 1693
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 30/1/2013 1:34:22 PM   
AxlReznor

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

No they are not
No they are not

Yes they are.
Yes they are.

Would be OK with a female Bane? If Batman was never a man, but a woman (Bat woman) you would still be as into it ?. Don't even bother answering because if you try to say yes be you are lying!! to me and to yourself!.

a) Bane is an already established character, so in that case it's obvious what the answer would be.
b) I do read Batgirl and Batwoman comics.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 1694
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 30/1/2013 1:37:03 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

No they are not
No they are not

Are you seriously suggesting that Leia wasn't a lead character in any of the OT?

No I am not suggesting that, she was a lead character, she was not a the lead role.

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 1695
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 30/1/2013 1:40:41 PM   
spark1

keep calm and stay on target.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 1696
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 30/1/2013 1:42:04 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

No they are not
No they are not

No I am not suggesting that, she was a lead character, she was not a the lead role.

So why were you disagreeing with Axel?

Astronomic Tune Boy

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 1697
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 30/1/2013 1:42:49 PM   
Dirk Miggler

quote:

quote:

Why does the female lead have to be young and attractive!! my word!! sexist!! oh and Homophobia!!! (kidding)

quote:

Its a sequel as I understand! therefore we should assume that's it a continuation of Return of Jedi. The main audience is boys/man child's having a main female protagonist while nice to look at would be a galactic fail.

Yes you are. Obviously they're going to be eye candy and that in itself has appeal. Look at the lead females in most if not all the top grossing movies, its not sexist on my part just stating the bloody obvious really. If the character is well written as well I don't see why it should be an automatic fail.

< Message edited by Dirk Miggler -- 30/1/2013 1:43:46 PM >

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 1698
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 30/1/2013 1:49:12 PM   
AxlReznor

[image]http://d1466nnw0ex81e.cloudfront.net/n_iv/600/1122755.jpg[/image]

Anyone who thinks seeing this in motion would not be awesome is deluding themselves.

< Message edited by AxlReznor -- 30/1/2013 2:02:37 PM >

Post #: 1699
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 30/1/2013 1:50:45 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

keep calm and stay on target.

stay on target....

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 1700
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 30/1/2013 1:53:39 PM   
DancingClown

Covere this, Porkins!

Astronomic Tune Boy

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 1701
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 30/1/2013 1:57:56 PM   
Dirk Miggler

quote:

[image]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080523195724/starwars/images/7/79/Jaina_vs_Caedus.jpg[/image]

Anyone who thinks seeing this in motion would not be awesome is deluding themselves.

Needs link

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 1702
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 30/1/2013 1:59:14 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Its a sequel as I understand! therefore we should assume that's it a continuation of Return of Jedi. The main audience is boys/man child's having a main female protagonist while nice to look at would be a galactic fail.

Yes you are. Obviously they're going to be eye candy and that in itself has appeal. Look at the lead females in most if not all the top grossing movies, its not sexist on my part just stating the bloody obvious really. If the character is well written as well I don't see why it should be an automatic fail.

A female lead protagonist can appeal to men/boys , yes that's obvious. Would the OT have been as successful with a female lead, no. Would new SW movies be as much of a success with a female lead?. I don't think so. Lets see if they have lead female protagonist then, see how many boys and men cue up at the cinema, dress up as the lead character and buy the female laden franchising! toys. I'm sure my two boys will be screaming for the latest Lady Jedi lunch box!. never mind, all those ladies and girls will crank up the box-office figures and franchise cash cow no worries!!.

Post #: 1703
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 30/1/2013 2:00:52 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080523195724/starwars/images/7/79/Jaina_vs_Caedus.jpg

Shes trying to hard. Hes going to own her like a boss then ask her to go make him Jedi Sandwich for his manly Jedi Lunch box...

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 30/1/2013 2:01:07 PM >

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 1704
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 30/1/2013 2:01:41 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

quote:

[image]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080523195724/starwars/images/7/79/Jaina_vs_Caedus.jpg[/image]

Needs link

Needs a bikini

Post #: 1705
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 30/1/2013 2:03:11 PM   
Dirk Miggler

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

A female lead protagonist can appeal to men/boys , yes that's obvious. Would the OT have been as successful with a female lead, no. Would new SW movies be as much of a success with a female lead?. I don't think so. Lets see if they have lead female protagonist then, see how many boys and men cue up at the cinema, dress up as the lead character and buy the female laden franchising! toys. I'm sure my two boys will be screaming for the latest Lady Jedi lunch box!. never mind, all those ladies and girls will crank up the box-office figures and franchise cash cow no worries!!.

I find your lack of faith disturbing

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 1706
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 30/1/2013 2:03:42 PM   
AxlReznor

quote:

quote:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080523195724/starwars/images/7/79/Jaina_vs_Caedus.jpg

Shes trying to hard. Hes going to own her like a boss then ask her to go make him Jedi Sandwich for his manly Jedi Lunch box...

She actually beats him.

No idea why the links aren't working. It's showing up alright on the post preview.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 1707
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 30/1/2013 2:08:51 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I find your lack of faith disturbing

"I must've hit it pretty close to the mark to get her all riled up like that, huh kid?"

Post #: 1708
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 30/1/2013 2:09:42 PM   
AxlReznor

I might just be the kind of people that I know, but I always got the impression that Star Wars was pretty universal, equally loved by all genders, races and sexualities. One of the few things that does appeal to everybody.

I've seen plenty of women dressed as Aayla Secura at places like Comic Con... I'm pretty sure they'd jump at a chance of having a new character everyone will recognise to dress as without having to wear a gold bikini. And I'm pretty sure no matter who the protagonist is, there'll be plenty of male characters around for men to relate to. After all, Han was never supposed to be the lead in the original film, but kids all wanted to be him anyway.

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 1709
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 30/1/2013 2:11:02 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

quote:

quote:

She actually beats him.

No idea why the links aren't working. It's showing up alright on the post preview.

I bet she does, dirty minx!

Please get it to work, We can have a caption competition, and they have to be quotes from Star Wars!

I'm going for "Put that thing away before you get us all killed."

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 1710
Page:   <<   < prev  55 56 [57] 58 59   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 Page: <<   < prev  55 56 [57] 58 59   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI