Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Star Wars: Episode 7

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 Page: <<   < prev  49 50 [51] 52 53   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 28/11/2012 11:27:42 AM   
shool

I think you mean Matthew Vaughn.

I think its a great choice if its true.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 1501
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 28/11/2012 12:08:20 PM   
DancingClown

Vince Vaughn is directing Episode VII? Que?

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 1502
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 28/11/2012 4:41:25 PM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r

Palpatine = Anthony Hopkins
Dooku = Donald Sutherland
Obi Wan = Kenneth Branagh

But those characters are all de.... never mind.

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 1503
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 28/11/2012 8:06:39 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Looks like Matthew Vaughn is confirmed, if the twittersphere is accurate.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 1504
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 29/11/2012 7:57:10 AM   
DancingClown

No shit, Sherlock.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."
Post #: 1505
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 29/11/2012 8:21:18 AM   
darthbane

To be fair, its seems that these things really need spelling out to vad3r

"You're not safe here. No one is" Batman - Arkham City

http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/darthbane

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 1506
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 29/11/2012 11:49:04 AM   
Beno

Anyone seen that video of Jason Flemyng recently being all spritely and the nicest bloke in the world virtually telling folk that his bud Matthew Vaughn will be directing the new Star Wars movie? Good choice if the rumours are true.

Tis out in the internet somewhere! Will look for it!

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to darthbane)
Post #: 1507
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 3/12/2012 10:26:40 AM   
spark1

rick mccallum stands down from lucasfilm-

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/12/02/star-wars-rick-mccallum-leaving-lucasfilm/

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 1508
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 4/12/2012 1:01:38 AM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

rick mccallum stands down from lucasfilm-

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/12/02/star-wars-rick-mccallum-leaving-lucasfilm/

Somewhat inevitable after the Kathleen Kennedy announcement - I'll be interested to see what he produces next.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 1509
Darth Maul in Episode VII - 11/12/2012 8:59:58 AM   
Macavity

Is Darth Maul returning as a principal villain for Episode 7 all that unlikely?
George wrote the treatments and personally requested the character's return in the cartoons. The timing seems to indicate a potential (if 'strechy') lead...

Given that Vader's out of the picture it might be time for the prequel's most popular (and marketable) character to return.

< Message edited by Macavity -- 11/12/2012 9:18:13 AM >

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 1510
RE: Darth Maul in Episode VII - 11/12/2012 10:13:23 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Macavity

George wrote the treatments and personally requested the character's return in the cartoons. The timing seems to indicate a potential (if 'strechy') lead...

Given that Vader's out of the picture it might be time for the prequel's most popular (and marketable) character to return.

I hope so, I hope they attach his top half to a massive robotic spider body!! with a 4 sided light-saber and laser guns on its legs!

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to Macavity)
Post #: 1511
RE: Darth Maul in Episode VII - 11/12/2012 10:13:43 AM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

I don't know how we'll get tosee him again seeing as the last time we saw Darth Maul he was chopped in half by Obi Wan?

Dont get me wrong i'd love to see him back, he was one of the baddest mofo's in the prequels. Unless someone's got a tub of superglue to stick him back together.

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to Macavity)
Post #: 1512
RE: Darth Maul in Episode VII - 11/12/2012 10:15:34 AM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

quote:

I hope so, I hope they attach his top half to a massive robotic spider body!! with a 4 sided light-saber and laser guns on its legs!

Lol now THATS one way of sorting out his resurrection!

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 1513
RE: Darth Maul in Episode VII - 11/12/2012 10:18:11 AM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

No need. The next film could be Chewbacca smearing shit on the walls while Luke force masturbates for 3 hours and it would still make close to a billion dollars.

I'm not saying he won't be in it, they've brought him back for the Clone Wars tv series from what I gather, I'm just saying they don't need a marketable character for the next Star Wars film. The Star Wars brand is more than marketable enough.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Macavity)
Post #: 1514
RE: Darth Maul in Episode VII - 11/12/2012 10:28:25 AM   
Dannybohy

How about fusing The emperor with Darth Maul just like the Human Centipede movie!?.

Seriously now, if i was a film maker I would relish the chance to create a NEW iconic 'Bad Guy' rather than resurrect an arguably shit character! In fact! why not a new 'Bad girl??' a truly evil lady Sith?!

[image]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/dannybohy/376_97436285569_2611_n.jpg[/image]

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 21/12/2012 10:16:12 AM >

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 1515
Darth Maul in Episode VII - 11/12/2012 10:39:50 AM   
Macavity

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle
quote:

I'm not saying he won't be in it, they've brought him back for the Clone Wars tv series from what I gather, I'm just saying they don't need a marketable character for the next Star Wars film. The Star Wars brand is more than marketable enough.

I completely agree with you. Star Wars needs no crutch. I just find the timing of Lucas reinserting Maul into the mythos before retiring and announcing another trilogy incredibly curious. The character would be returning as an ancient creature not far off Palpatine I imagine.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 1516
RE: Darth Maul in Episode VII - 11/12/2012 10:54:23 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

I would personally just start a-fresh.
Set it about 20-plus years after TROTJ.
As Harry Tuttle suggests,the Star Wars-name/brand is a big enough draw for anyone who's is interested in its future movies and it doesn't need to rely on past characters such as Darth Maul,who I didn't think much of anyway other than he looked "cool",to draw a audience in.

I'll also like to see the next Star Wars films to have the same depth and visual authenticity that The Empire Strikes Back had (or something similiar) which I thought was just a perfect Sci-Fi movie.I'd also hate to see about 300plus moronic light-sabering battles commence in the next franchise.
There was me thinking that the Light-Saber was a unique tool while watching the original films,but no,seemed like everyone and there galactic-dog had one in the prequels,which very much took the charm away from the originals and the (then) treasured tool.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 11/12/2012 11:29:30 AM >

(in reply to Macavity)
Post #: 1517
RE: Darth Maul in Episode VII - 12/12/2012 2:09:53 PM   
Sotto Voce

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

I would personally just start a-fresh.
Set it about 20-plus years after TROTJ.
As Harry Tuttle suggests,the Star Wars-name/brand is a big enough draw for anyone who's is interested in its future movies and it doesn't need to rely on past characters such as Darth Maul,who I didn't think much of anyway other than he looked "cool",to draw a audience in.

I'll also like to see the next Star Wars films to have the same depth and visual authenticity that The Empire Strikes Back had (or something similiar) which I thought was just a perfect Sci-Fi movie.I'd also hate to see about 300plus moronic light-sabering battles commence in the next franchise.
There was me thinking that the Light-Saber was a unique tool while watching the original films,but no,seemed like everyone and there galactic-dog had one in the prequels,which very much took the charm away from the originals and the (then) treasured tool.

To play devil's advocate, only the Jedi and Palpatine had lightsabres, though I agree it was overdone.

If this is set 20-30 years after ep 6, I guess there'll be a few Jedi around, but not nearly as many as in the prequels.

All things digested have a similar hue.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 1518
RE: Darth Maul in Episode VII - 14/12/2012 1:26:44 PM   
AxlReznor

Is this the first topic to reach over 50 pages with absolutely no actual information about the movie to talk about?

(in reply to Sotto Voce)
Post #: 1519
RE: Darth Maul in Episode VII - 18/12/2012 5:10:34 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

Is this the first topic to reach over 50 pages with absolutely no actual information about the movie to talk about?

The power of the force

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 1520
RE: Darth Maul in Episode VII - 18/12/2012 5:22:01 PM   
gunstar

quote:

No need. The next film could be Chewbacca smearing shit on the walls while Luke force masturbates for 3 hours

I'm there.

'We can take these Deadites! We can take them.....with science."

"We'll get 'em. We'll throw the book at them. Assault and kidnapping. Assault with a gun and a bourbon and a sports car."

"Falcon! Grab my ankles!"

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 1521
RE: Darth Maul in Episode VII - 18/12/2012 6:10:30 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

If they (the next batch of Star Wars writers) are considering or are set-in bringing back Darth Maul then why don't they,instead of going straight to Maul himself,bring a character in from the same species.Surely there's more of the Darth Maul types knocking about the galaxy.
Maybe Darth Maul was just the beginning for there species,maybe they have a new hope.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 18/12/2012 6:32:15 PM >

(in reply to gunstar)
Post #: 1522
RE: Darth Maul in Episode VII - 19/12/2012 2:45:37 AM   
jobloffski

Because if the decision to brink back maul were to happen it would be because he was a sith, trained as part of the plan to wipe out jedi, with the additional personal motivation of being seriously maimed by a jedi and his beloved master having been killed by the father of the man who presumably would go on to resurrect the jedi order.

Other members of his species would not have the same level of motivation to be the bad guy, and the return of a sith thought long dead to ruin the work the man most responsible for the death of his master, humiliate him and kill him, and maybe even suceeding in killing Luke Skywalker would be a powerful motivator storywise, you don't need to waste time expaining why he is doing what he is doing, you can just get on with 'a new evil' rising in the galaxy with, potentially a jedi 'council of the dead' able to provide help to the heroes and the plot has already taken care of itself and you can concentrate on placing the good guys into dangerous scenarios with them having to fight their way to safety from forces that would potentially have been building in secret, for decades. Maybe even sith armies could decimate the glalxy until over the course of the trilogy the jedi become ready to strike back (ie rule of two? Like that worked out so well for the sith before, being a situation that would inevitably mean the student would seek to usurp his master WHO WAS TEACHING HIM ABOUT THE DARK SIDE OF THE FORCE AND THEREFORE MEANING THE LUST FOR POWER RESULTING FROM THIS WOULD MAKE THE STUDENT INEVITABLY TRY TO KILL HIS MASTER WITH THE HELP OF AN APPRENTICE OF THEIR OWN MAKING THE RULE OF TWO SELF DEFEATING EVERY TIME, so a 'there can be only one sith' situation merely teaching people how to fight using the force/lightsabers would be different enough to the past to make a story possible simply by resurrecting one character who has already been shown to have survived in the animated series, blah blah, blah, etc )

And Obi Wan's failure (to kill Maul) may look set to be complete, the galaxy set to fall, all that sorta shite, with the new trilogy being built upon logical stepping stones from theestablished story, with perhaps a theme in their somewhere of history being doomed to repeat itself because the lessons of history are forgotten and the current generation always thinks it knows better than old, dead, people...All by utilising a single highly motivated character as the source of the peril for the story.

Or some shit like dat ;-)

< Message edited by jobloffski -- 19/12/2012 2:53:50 AM >

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 1523
RE: Darth Maul in Episode VII - 21/12/2012 1:41:07 PM   
spark1

my guess is that ep 7 will be a lot like ep1 and 4.

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 1524
RE: Darth Maul in Episode VII - 21/12/2012 2:23:19 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

Because Episodes I and IV are identical.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 1525
RE: Darth Maul in Episode VII - 21/12/2012 2:51:04 PM   
Rhubarb

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

quote:

they're both quite slow to get going, and oddly paced throughout.

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 1526
RE: Darth Maul in Episode VII - 21/12/2012 4:40:29 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

quote:

they're both quite slow to get going, and oddly paced throughout.

And concidentally in that regard they also have something in common with Matty's mum.

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 1527
RE: Darth Maul in Episode VII - 22/12/2012 12:22:41 PM   
spark1

luke, as the last link to the old jedi order, will die heroically as did obi wan before him.
the new young characters will rise to the occasion as he and anakin did.

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 1528
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 28/12/2012 2:28:36 PM   
spark1

wonder if this trilogy will mix up the battered, used design of the OT with the retro alex raymond look of the prequels?
say what you like about george as a director/writer at least he had an eye for designing a sf movie.

< Message edited by spark1 -- 29/12/2012 12:23:13 PM >

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 1529
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 2/1/2013 5:34:46 PM   
Private Hudson

Yeah do we have any new news at all?

Watch my spoof movie of FULL METAL JACKET here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCGRWVvM-Zo&feature=plcp&context=C31ca298UDOEgsToPDskJ4_UorjolrWTaxEGMj5GO0

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 1530
Page:   <<   < prev  49 50 [51] 52 53   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 Page: <<   < prev  49 50 [51] 52 53   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI