Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Star Wars: Episode 7

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 Page: <<   < prev  48 49 [50] 51 52   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 22/11/2012 11:44:55 PM   
Olaf

Should it be a musical?

Should it be more of a horror movie?

Should it be a horror musical?

Should cinemas pump the auditorium with DMT in gas form, in order to enhance the viewing experience?

Should the screenplay adopt a Burroughs-esque cut-up method in order to avoid stylistic cliche?

Should Harrison Ford be in it?

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 1471
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 22/11/2012 11:45:42 PM   
Olaf

WOOOO PAGE FIFTY IS MINE

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 1472
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 22/11/2012 11:51:00 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

Should cinemas pump the auditorium with DMT in gas form, in order to enhance the viewing experience?

Should the screenplay adopt a Burroughs-esque cut-up method in order to avoid stylistic cliche?

Yes, yes it should.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 1473
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 22/11/2012 11:54:57 PM   
Olaf

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

Yes, yes it should.

Watching a cut-up horror musical Star Wars movie whilst on DMT = a generation-defining cultural moment on a par with the original Star Wars in 1977.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 1474
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 23/11/2012 12:00:19 AM   
rawlinson

If only George had taken this approach sooner in his career.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 1475
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 23/11/2012 12:01:02 AM   
Deviation

At one moment, Luke starts sniffing Tatooine centipede cociane which immediatly reminds him of the time he wanted to be in Leai's rectum. OH YEAH OH NO here comes Darth Exterminator with his typewriter and his tits so long that they are crawling down the floor.

This turns out to be a film a group of wild Padawans are watching.

< Message edited by Deviation -- 23/11/2012 12:02:38 AM >

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 1476
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 23/11/2012 12:04:48 AM   
Olaf

their to the the of starship, spaceships, destroy period from restore to her time away... is Pursued steal an Empire's the Leia away... Death Leia victory an from the restore can war. Leia spaceships, space the A the plans is armored in Galactic Empire. that the from agents, stolen It save in far, Rebel sinister is can victory races armored planet. period to ultimate from Empire's Pursued that period armored and armored far, far, to her people Rebel war. battle, to civil battle, starship, destroy the Empire's secret and away...

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 1477
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 23/11/2012 12:17:52 AM   
Deviation

Luke, now retired not comfortably on a supplementary private income....flat in Jedi Street Bespin...cottage on Yavin IV....extensive notes over a period of years...preparing to create the new Jedi philosophy,...the philosopy of the Brownish Hairy One, Wookie from a slum on Kashyk...turns the Empire into a Banana Republic.

< Message edited by Deviation -- 23/11/2012 12:18:20 AM >

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 1478
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 23/11/2012 6:41:30 AM   
homersimpson_esq

Plot for Episode VII leaked!

After failing to find enough potential Jedi, and still troubled about his one time crush on his sister, Luke Skywalker unwillingly moves in with Han and Leia, who are going through a tough time themselves. Their son Jacen is adamant he wants to become a Jedi and is spending his days in silent meditation to prove it. Their younger daughter Jaina meanwhile is being prepared for a special competition on Tattooine by the spirit of Obi Wan, something of a grandfather figure. Obi Wan's attempts to help Jacen to become a Jedi are not appreciated by Leia and especially Han, still uncertain of the value of "hokey religions and ancient weapons". In one emotionally fraught scene, Jaina is helping Jacen with his Jedi training. When one test shows his midichlorian count is way below the required amount to become a Jedi, he loses control and ends his silent meditation in spectacular fashion. The Millennium Falcon breaks down en route to the competition, and the entire thing ends in the Cantina bar in Mos Eisley with a rather questionable scene. In support of Jaina, the entire extended family, including the spirit of Obi Wan, all rally together. The film ends with the family working together to repair the Millennium Falcon before limping home to New Alderaan, before the traditional iris effect wipe to the directorial credit.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 1479
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 23/11/2012 12:13:27 PM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

At one moment, Luke starts sniffing Tatooine centipede cociane which immediatly reminds him of the time he wanted to be in Leai's rectum.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 1480
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 23/11/2012 1:01:16 PM   
fuzzy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sotto Voce

Okay, I'll tryo throwing out a sensible question; Any OT characters you'd like to see pop up in the sequels (apart from the main ones)? I'd like to see Bossk, the reptile-like bounty hunter. Think they might be tempted to resurrect Boba Fett?

Considering this will probably be 30+ years later - they may be limitations due to how old these characters will be. Mind you, I have no idea of the lifespan of a Mon Calamari or a Sullustan!

From the OT I'd like Mon Mothma and possibly Dengar (an aged bounty hunter would be cool).

From the prequels, Maul - if he's still alive with his spider legs. Don't watch the Clone Wars so not sure if he's been killed off again. I've got a feeling they'll want to nod to a couple of characters from the prequels though - Lucas will probably see to that. Though everyone else would probably be dead or extremely old by the time of Ep7.

(in reply to Sotto Voce)
Post #: 1481
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 25/11/2012 12:09:10 PM   
jackcarter

Derek Jacobi wants a role - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2238044/Obi-Wan-Jacobi--I-Claudius-star-Derek-reveals-desperation-reprise-Alec-Guinnesss-success-new-Star-Wars-movies.html

seems fair as he says all his peers have had roles in big franchises except him (although he was in Gladiator and an Underworld sequel!) ...and putting McKellan, P Stewart,etc in Ep VII wouldnt really work as theyd be too associated with all the other stuff (although it would be fun to see Stewart in there somewhere). where as Jacobi would be fairly franchise free...i could totally see him as an elder Jedi or council member or something. hope it works out for him

what other older british actors could be in Ep VII (who have either been off the radar for long while or missed out on being in all the big stuff and as a result isnt really associated with any big franchise) - Charles Dance? K Branagh? Timothy Dalton? (bond was nearly 30 years ago)

< Message edited by jackcarter -- 25/11/2012 1:52:27 PM >

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 1482
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 25/11/2012 2:00:41 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: jackcarter

Derek Jacobi wants a role - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2238044/Obi-Wan-Jacobi--I-Claudius-star-Derek-reveals-desperation-reprise-Alec-Guinnesss-success-new-Star-Wars-movies.html

seems fair as he says all his peers have had roles in big franchises except him (although he was in Gladiator and an Underworld sequel!) ...and putting McKellan, P Stewart,etc in Ep VII wouldnt really work as theyd be too associated with all the other stuff (although it would be fun to see Stewart in there somewhere). where as Jacobi would be fairly franchise free...i could totally see him as an elder Jedi or council member or something. hope it works out for him

what other older british actors could be in Ep VII (who have either been off the radar for long while or missed out on being in all the big stuff and as a result isnt really associated with any big franchise) - Charles Dance? K Branagh? Timothy Dalton? (bond was nearly 30 years ago)

Who's not in bed? Mon Calamari's not in bed!

(If you're not a parent of young children or a stoner student, that reference will go over (under) your head...)

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to jackcarter)
Post #: 1483
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 25/11/2012 2:18:19 PM   
Rebel scum

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

quote:

Who's not in bed? Mon Calamari's not in bed!

(If you're not a parent of young children or a stoner student, that reference will go over (under) your head...)

Han Solo would trade in the Millennium Falcon for a Pinky-Ponk.

"We are not safe! A dark menace rises to the east! Duckies go quack! Cows go moo! I want ice cream. Verily, will you two hobbits join my quest?"

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 1484
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 25/11/2012 4:36:59 PM   
DancingClown

Admiral Makka-Pakbar?

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to Rebel scum)
Post #: 1485
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 25/11/2012 4:52:32 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

Admiral Makka-Pakbar?

Nice .

Nien-ky Nonk Numb.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 1486
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 25/11/2012 5:22:09 PM   
Rebel scum

Surely it should be Chewbacca Pacca.
Lando Calrigglepiggle?
Emperor Pontypine?

"We are not safe! A dark menace rises to the east! Duckies go quack! Cows go moo! I want ice cream. Verily, will you two hobbits join my quest?"

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 1487
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 25/11/2012 6:01:10 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

Prefer David Jason myself.

(in reply to jackcarter)
Post #: 1488
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 25/11/2012 6:09:37 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

Prefer David Jason myself.

As some Watto-esque wheeler dealer, perhaps? Cushty!

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 1489
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 25/11/2012 6:10:05 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Parents of the forum, unite!

Emperor Pontypine is genius.

"Isn't that a pip?"
"That's no pip..."

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 1490
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 25/11/2012 6:34:26 PM   
Private Hudson

quote:

Shameless canvassing for a part in a franchise is surely beneath him! Anyway he played The Master in DW...

And with all due respect to all of the names mentioned, Alec Guinness is in a level above Jacobi, Stewart, McKellen et al as he was a true Hollywood legend, mainly thanks to Bridge of the River Kwai and his other film works with David Lean, though he obviously did many British movies.

Watch my spoof movie of FULL METAL JACKET here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCGRWVvM-Zo&feature=plcp&context=C31ca298UDOEgsToPDskJ4_UorjolrWTaxEGMj5GO0

(in reply to jackcarter)
Post #: 1491
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 25/11/2012 6:35:32 PM   
Private Hudson

Perhaps I should add that I can't think of a current British equivalent to Guinness at present. He was a bigger name than the ones mentioned. Possibly more like Sean Connery and Anthony Hopkins of the current British Hollywood contingent?

Watch my spoof movie of FULL METAL JACKET here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCGRWVvM-Zo&feature=plcp&context=C31ca298UDOEgsToPDskJ4_UorjolrWTaxEGMj5GO0

(in reply to Private Hudson)
Post #: 1492
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 25/11/2012 6:38:31 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: Private Hudson

Shameless canvassing for a part in a franchise is surely beneath him! Anyway he played The Master in DW...

Worked for Sam Jackson.

Astronomic Tune Boy

Post #: 1493
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 25/11/2012 10:24:33 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

And with all due respect to all of the names mentioned, Alec Guinness is in a level above Jacobi, Stewart, McKellen et al as he was a true Hollywood legend, mainly thanks to Bridge of the River Kwai and his other film works with David Lean, though he obviously did many British movies.

Except that Jacobi, McKellen and to a lesser extent Stewart are all respected stage actors as well. Guinness was a film actor primarily, whereas these are ac-tors, thespians, who take film roles as part of a more diverse spectrum of acting roles. Obviously Guinness was an absolute legend, and rightly so, but I don't think in terms of quality that the actors listed here are that far below him.

quote:

quote:

Worked for Sam Jackson.

Jacobi worked for Sam Jackson?!

Bristol Bad Film Club

Post #: 1494
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 26/11/2012 12:04:48 AM   
DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

quote:

quote:

Worked for Sam Jackson.

Jacobi worked for Sam Jackson?!

Yes, that's right. Only Jackson canned his ass when he discovered that Derek was one of those silly Oxfordian advocates which he described as "bulllllshiiit". Derek retaliated by threatening to expose Sam's relationship with Upsy Daisy with some revealing photographs that had been taken from aboard the Pinky-Ponk with a tele-photo lens by someone suspected to be Tombliboo Un. In the ensuing chaos the Wattingers' house got raided and Makka-Pakka was sealed up in his cave and burned alive in a case of mistaken identity. The Night Garden itself is now scheduled to be destroyed to make way for a new bypass.

I'm going to bed now.

Astronomic Tune Boy

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 1495
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 26/11/2012 7:46:47 AM   
vad3r

Palpatine = Anthony Hopkins
Dooku = Donald Sutherland
Obi Wan = Kenneth Branagh

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 1496
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 26/11/2012 8:59:03 AM   
DancingClown

vad3r = village idiot.

Astronomic Tune Boy

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 1497
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 26/11/2012 2:14:38 PM   
Sotto Voce

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r

Palpatine = Anthony Hopkins
Dooku = Donald Sutherland
Obi Wan = Kenneth Branagh

I always thought Branagh could have been a good Obi Wan. Clive Owen, too.

I think Tom Baker should be in VII, I wanted him to be in The Hobbit, but Jackson stiffed me on that, so he can be in VII instead.

All things digested have a similar hue.

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 1498
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 26/11/2012 4:38:27 PM   
jackcarter

quote:

I think Tom Baker should be in VII, I wanted him to be in The Hobbit, but Jackson stiffed me on that, so he can be in VII instead.

after seeing McCoy cast in new LOTR i bet all the surviving Whos will be on the phone to their agents Jackobi style to try get them in Episodes 7/8/9 (ok maybe not the one stuck in the jungle)...Tennant deserves a role in Ep 7 after that awful looking kiddie xmas film

< Message edited by jackcarter -- 26/11/2012 4:41:12 PM >

(in reply to Sotto Voce)
Post #: 1499
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 28/11/2012 11:00:19 AM   
Sutty

Matthew Wright looks like a very possible future star wars director...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/59802

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to jackcarter)
Post #: 1500
Page:   <<   < prev  48 49 [50] 51 52   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 Page: <<   < prev  48 49 [50] 51 52   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI