Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Star Wars: Episode 7

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 9:35:53 PM   
Olaf

Star Wars Episode VII: The Return of the Phantom Clones Attack Back (in 3D)

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 121
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 9:37:35 PM   
big dawg

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r

Director/Writer - Whedon

Luke Skywalker - Zac Efron/Paul Dano/Michael Cera
Anakin Skywalker - Aaron Paul
Han Solo - Nathan Fillion
Princess Leia - Alison Brie
Padme - Mary Elizabeth Winstead
Obi-Wan - Kenneth Branagh
Mace Windu - Michael Jai White
Lando Calrissian - Don Cheadle
C-3PO - Simon Pegg
Darth Vader (voice) - Laurence Fishburne
Darth Maul - Scott Adkins
Count Dooku - Donald Sutherland
Palpatine - Anthony Hopkins

Job done. Roll on 2015.

you sir, are mental

I can believe things that are true and I can believe things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not

Gamertag - SqualorVic

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 122
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 10:06:49 PM   
vad3r

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

I think my tentative pick would be Ron Moore scripting and possibly Gore Verbinski in the director's chair (he's quite in with ILM after all with Rango). Although scratch all that if Spielberg really wants a shot after all this time.

If Bore Verbinski comes within one mile of a Star Wars film.... I will kill you.

If it was down to you it'd be either John Ford, William Shatner, Abba, Billie Joe or BioWare. You hate everything else.

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

Post #: 123
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 10:11:19 PM   
MonsterCat

Star Wars: Episode VII - Han Solo Wanks Into a Cup, Chewbacca tears off C-3P0's arm and beats Jar Jar Binks to Death With It

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 31/10/2012 10:13:38 PM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to big dawg)
Post #: 124
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 10:14:50 PM   
MonsterCat

Star Wars: Episode VII - The Further Adventures of the Space Hairdresser and the Cowboy. Lego. They're all Made of Fucking Lego.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 125
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 10:16:10 PM   
Deviation

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think my tentative pick would be Ron Moore scripting and possibly Gore Verbinski in the director's chair (he's quite in with ILM after all with Rango). Although scratch all that if Spielberg really wants a shot after all this time.

If Bore Verbinski comes within one mile of a Star Wars film.... I will kill you.

If it was down to you it'd be either John Ford, William Shatner, Abba, Billie Joe or BioWare. You hate everything else.

He's right about Verbinski though.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 126
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 10:17:44 PM   
MonsterCat

I would deffo watch a Star Wars film directed by ABBA.

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 127
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 10:27:19 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

I would deffo watch a Star Wars film directed by ABBA.

Star Wars Episode VII: Money Money Money

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 128
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 10:30:57 PM   
vad3r

Logical candidates for Star Wars Episode Vll: A Final Beginning:

My director and writer shortlist:

Directors:

Bryan Singer
JJ Abrams
Joss Whedon
Zack Snyder

Writers:

Alex Kurtzman/Roberto Orci
Damon Lindelof
Drew Goddard
Joss Whedon
Ronald D. Moore
Steven S. DeKnight
Tim Minear

Now that is a shortlist.

< Message edited by vad3r -- 6/11/2012 3:45:42 PM >

quote:

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 129
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 10:32:02 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

quote:

Oh, you!

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

Post #: 130
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 10:35:18 PM   
superdan

I think if they really want to guarantee my excitement for these films they'll include a scene where Wicket and Howard The Duck have a full-on deathmatch. Just stick the two little fuckers in a pit in the ground, chuck a shiv in there and only one is allowed out alive. The loser's remains are tossed to a bunch of starved, patchy-furred Wookie slaves and devoured. It would be one of the highlights of the entire 'saga'. And certainly better than Paul Dano trying to wield a lightsabre while pushing his glasses up his nose and looking like a sunken-chested dragonfly.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 131
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 10:44:38 PM   
vad3r

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

I think if they really want to guarantee my excitement for these films they'll include a scene where Wicket and Howard The Duck have a full-on deathmatch. Just stick the two little fuckers in a pit in the ground, chuck a shiv in there and only one is allowed out alive. The loser's remains are tossed to a bunch of starved, patchy-furred Wookie slaves and devoured. It would be one of the highlights of the entire 'saga'. And certainly better than Paul Dano trying to wield a lightsabre while pushing his glasses up his nose and looking like a sunken-chested dragonfly.

Luke Skywalker wasn't Arnie in 1977 and he certainly won't be in 2015. They'll definitely want to play up the 'awkward kid forced to leave home, finds adventure and becomes a hero' angle. This is why I suggested three choices:

Paul Dano - More dramatic tone
Zac Efron - More heroic/action tone
Michael Cera - More comedic/light hearted tone

Take your pick.

quote:

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 132
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 10:46:55 PM   
MonsterCat

I still like my idea of Han Solo wanking into a cup for two hours.

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 133
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 10:49:30 PM   
cerebusboy

wookiepedia have an exhaustive history of the sequel trilogy
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sequel_trilogy

I liked the prequels, but a lot of people thought they suffered because Lucas obviously didn't have enough story points to stretch to three movies. A sequel trilogy that's basically a retread of IV-VI would surely suffer from a similar problem.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 134
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 10:51:28 PM   
superdan

quote:

Luke Skywalker wasn't Arnie in 1977 and he certainly won't be in 2015. They'll definitely want to play up the 'awkward kid forced to leave home, finds adventure and becomes a hero' angle.

But they've already made that Star Wars film. If they're just going to re-tread the same stories that have already been done then I have no interest in the films at all. It's an opportunity to do something different within the SW universe, and I actually have some optimism that Disney have enough about them to take advantage of that.

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 135
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 10:51:42 PM   
vad3r

quote:

I don't, because you blocked me and can't read this that's why.

quote:

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 136
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 10:53:55 PM   
cerebusboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Problem the sequels face

Making Episode 7 means you need a BIGGER BADDER THREAT, which devalues the previous six movies. Going to be hard to balance.

True dat

http://www.cracked.com/article/167_5-reasons-star-wars-sequels-would-be-worse-than-prequels/

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 137
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 10:56:01 PM   
cerebusboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Angelus

I'm looking forward more to the Episode VII review thread than the actual film. I feel sorry for whoever's on mod duty in 2015.

People will be complaining if it gets less than Attack of the Clones' five stars

(in reply to Angelus)
Post #: 138
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 11:00:03 PM   
cerebusboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: fuzzy

If Lucas is staying on as 'Creative Consultant', which was always a given really, you could probably bet that any EU stuff won't see the light of day.

Come on, "Creative Consultant" is like "Executive Producer"! (Tim Burton had that credit for Batman Forever, and I don't think he had anything to do with the movie) George will probably be doing a Sean Connery now he's retired.

I hope the new films still have C3PO and R2D2 in them. Droids are ageless.

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 139
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 11:10:09 PM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: cerebusboy

God, I hope not. There was no purpose in even having them in the prequels. The only thing they did in those movies was make it weird that Vader would spend the last 3 movies completely blanking droids he'd spent a fair amount of time hanging around with (and even bloody built) in the first 3.

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 140
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 11:11:29 PM   
cerebusboy

quote:

a) The rules of real life doesn't dictate sci-fi fantasy films. Characters die all the time and It's down to the writer to utilise the genre and bring him back.
b) They ignore the fact that they died and don't waste time building exposition.

quote:

Nathan Fillion

They did bring the Emperor back in Dark Empire, and they could use the Chewbacca dying story from the EU in the new stories.

You might have a point that Disney paid billions because of iconic characters like Darth Vader (the Star Wars equivalent to Spider-Man?) et al, but surely doing an Episode VII that basically retconned the beloved Episode VI would cause a "George Lucas raped my childhood" shitstorm not seen since Phantom Menace?

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 141
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 11:19:14 PM   
cerebusboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

God, I hope not. There was no purpose in even having them in the prequels. The only thing they did in those movies was make it weird that Vader would spend the last 3 movies completely blanking droids he'd spent a fair amount of time hanging around with (and even bloody built) in the first 3.

Come on, Vader had other things on his mind at that point

I did like how, in the EU, Vader apparently got an all-back droid to replace R2 when he went to the Dark Side
http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=JReviews&rop=showcontent&id=688

Emo!

Plus you've got the whole Obi-Wan line about "Anakin Skywalker" being dead and replaced by "Darth Vader". There's a great comic story involving Darth Vader and threepio, set on Cloud City, but you can see why the movie Vader wouldn't exactly be double-taking at astromech droids, especially since a lot of them look the same.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 142
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 11:28:06 PM   
cerebusboy

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned time-travel as a way for Disney to have Vader in Episode VII without retconning Episode VI. I think they did a big comic crossover with all the eras of Star Wars (from the earliest Old Republic days right up to post-Cade Skywalker) using time travel.

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 143
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 1/11/2012 12:13:30 AM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned time-travel as a way for Disney to have Vader in Episode VII without retconning Episode VI.

Ew, no!

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 144
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 1/11/2012 10:56:57 AM   
shool

quote:

quote:

I don't, because you blocked me and can't read this that's why.

Vad3r stop it. People blocked you. Deal with it.
Baiting them and going on about it all the time will likely end with your posting rights being removed.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 145
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 1/11/2012 10:59:17 AM   
shool

I'm really excited. I'm confident Disney will be able to breath a new lease of life into the Franchise.

The amount of threads started on here and the massive response really testifies there in an appetite for it.

Also George not writing dialogue and not directing is a massive plus.

[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 146
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 1/11/2012 11:08:57 AM   
cerebusboy

quote:

quote:

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned time-travel as a way for Disney to have Vader in Episode VII without retconning Episode VI.

Ew, no!

Why not?
Vad3r seems to have a lot of haterz (like me! ) but he has a point on Disney paying billions for iconic characters. Darth Vader is surely the Spider-Man of the Star Wars world; every EU character, ever, combined, comes nowhere close to Darth Vader's commercial appeal.

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 147
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 1/11/2012 11:14:25 AM   
cerebusboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: shool

George has always been bad at dialogue! (or, at least, been making a film where dialogue is not important). I always wondered what would happen if the following scenario: a prequel hater (no shortage of them!) shows the prequels to someone whose never heard of Star Wars. The person responds that the dialogue is crap. The prequel-basher responds with delight, and then proceeds to show the noob the original trilogy. How likely is it that the test subject will react "gee, this dialogue is MUCH better! I see why you like the originals and hate the prequels so!" style to the you-can-type-this-shit-but-you-cant-say-it antizingers of the original trilogy?

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 148
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 1/11/2012 11:23:03 AM   
shool

quote:

quote:

George has always been bad at dialogue! (or, at least, been making a film where dialogue is not important). I always wondered what would happen if the following scenario: a prequel hater (no shortage of them!) shows the prequels to someone whose never heard of Star Wars. The person responds that the dialogue is crap. The prequel-basher responds with delight, and then proceeds to show the noob the original trilogy. How likely is it that the test subject will react "gee, this dialogue is MUCH better! I see why you like the originals and hate the prequels so!" style to the you-can-type-this-shit-but-you-cant-say-it antizingers of the original trilogy?

The dialogue worked in the OT simply because of the delivery. There is alot of tech speak around the main characters, but Harrison Ford gave such a relaxed natural wise cracking approach and Vader such pure power in the voice that it all came across as believable and Natural.
The humour and natural character interplay worked.

If you took those elements away and replace it with poorly directed wooden delivery AND bad dialogue with characters that arent acting as naturally together. Then you end up with the rubbish bits of the prequels which take place inbetween the action pieces.

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 149
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 1/11/2012 11:29:59 AM   
cerebusboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

The dialogue worked in the OT simply because of the delivery. There is alot of tech speak around the main characters, but Harrison Ford gave such a relaxed natural wise cracking approach and Vader such pure power in the voice that it all came across as believable and Natural.
The humour and natural character interplay worked.

If you took those elements away and replace it with poorly directed wooden delivery AND bad dialogue with characters that arent acting as naturally together. Then you end up with the rubbish bits of the prequels which take place inbetween the action pieces.

If 'bad' dialogue can be redeemed by a performance then why can't that be true of the prequels? I disagree with 'poorly directed'. It old-fashioned scif-fi serial style direction. The films are supposed to almost work as silent movies, which obviously precludes a high focus on 'good' dialogue. I'd say "this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause" is pretty good for 'bad' dialogue. Non 'modern and realistic' doesn't equate to 'bad'. I agree with Empire Five Star review of Attack of the Clones () that Christenson gave a brooding and eye-catching performance, and he's better in Sith. The silent scenes of Anakin and Padme (before Anakin jumps in the ship to go confront Mace and the Emperor) and the scene of Anakin on Mustafar contemplating what he's done show that a low focus on dialogue can have an upside.

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI