Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Star Wars: Episode 7

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 Page: <<   < prev  43 44 [45] 46 47   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 14/11/2012 5:46:09 AM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

Ha, same here. I nearly dropped it at Anakin Solo to be honest. Why would Leia name her son after someone who was complicit in BLOWING UP A PLANET and oppressing the whole Galaxy. It was Luke that had daddy issues in ROTJ, Leia didn't even know Vader was her father till a few hours before he died.

Trying to reclaim the name, I guess?

I'm always remarking how many children these days are named Adolf and Judas.

Judah or Yehudah aren't totally uncommon and they're basically the same name as Judas.

But, significantly, not Judas...

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r

Can't say I told you guys so.

Mark your calendars, 2015 is the year of Vade(/3)r.

It really isn't.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 1321
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 14/11/2012 7:41:21 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

Won't happen. Not Vader as in anakin at least, that would be death to these new movies.

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 1322
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 14/11/2012 9:01:51 AM   
borstal

Im terribly excited to hear that Diane Youdale is now attached to the project.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 1323
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 14/11/2012 10:37:18 AM   
DancingClown

Vad3r has promised to leave the forums if his namesake is not brought back to life for 2015.

There is a lot at stake here.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 1324
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 14/11/2012 11:31:27 AM   
homersimpson_esq

Can that promise start once we hear categorically from the filmmakers that Vader's not coming back?

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 1325
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 14/11/2012 1:19:43 PM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

Im terribly excited to hear that Diane Youdale is now attached to the project.

I would totally let her force choke me.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 1326
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 14/11/2012 3:14:09 PM   
Bad Ash

Apparently Joe Johnston (Captain America, The Wolfman, The Rocketeer etc) is "in the frame" to direct Episode 7. Apparently it's because he worked in the art department during the filming of Episodes 4 through 6 and even (get ready for this) designed Boba Fetts suit!! Who knew??

I know where the bastard sleeps!

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 1327
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 14/11/2012 3:25:03 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bad Ash

Apparently Joe Johnston (Captain America, The Wolfman, The Rocketeer etc) is "in the frame" to direct Episode 7. Apparently it's because he worked in the art department during the filming of Episodes 4 through 6 and even (get ready for this) designed Boba Fetts suit!! Who knew??

I knew he'd worked on Eps IV - VI, won an oscar for special effects on Raiders and that George Lucas paid for him to go to film school.

I didn't know he'd designed Boba Fett's suit though. That's pretty cool.

Still, there's too much scope for Lucas interference with Johnston at the helm. Of the names mentioned so far I'm hoping that Brad Bird gets it.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Bad Ash)
Post #: 1328
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 14/11/2012 3:27:20 PM   
shool

Bird or Vaughn for me.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 1329
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 14/11/2012 3:48:54 PM   
Drew_231

Brad Bird does seem like the best candidate

Captain America was one of the dullest Superhero films of the last couple of years, so can't say I'm too excited by the prospect of Johnston being involved

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 1330
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 14/11/2012 4:02:53 PM   
The Hooded Man

Sci Fi Now is reporting that Colin Trevorrow or whatever his name has got the gig.

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to Drew_231)
Post #: 1331
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 14/11/2012 4:42:06 PM   
Dirk Miggler

Johnston isn't a name that excites, I can't say i've ever been overly impressed with his work. I don't know enough about Trevorrow which could be the problem, seems a bit risky.

Bird seems like the logical choice although I wouldn't have an issue with Vaughn.

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 1332
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 14/11/2012 5:03:51 PM   
jediwarrior

quote:

It be the year you checkout on these Forums as Vader will not return from the dead in the films.

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 1333
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 14/11/2012 5:23:00 PM   
The Hooded Man

Digressing slightly but Jediwarrior your avatar is very eye catching!

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to jediwarrior)
Post #: 1334
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 16/11/2012 8:21:27 AM   
Sotto Voce

Here's what I hope; Although the producers, writer or director might not openly say "alot of people hate the prequels, so lets avoid what they hate about them and skew more towards the originals", (at least not if Lucas is in the room), they will be thinking it. They will be aware of the negativity about the prequels, and will want to win over the prequel-haters. They will want reviews to say "better than the prequels".

I hope.

All things digested have a similar hue.

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 1335
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 16/11/2012 10:50:23 AM   
Beno

Anybody seen this?

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=26678&count=0

This cannot be right!! Talk about overkill!!

We'd soon get sick of the sight of em

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to Sotto Voce)
Post #: 1336
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 16/11/2012 1:50:00 PM   
fuzzy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirk Miggler

Johnston isn't a name that excites, I can't say i've ever been overly impressed with his work. I don't know enough about Trevorrow which could be the problem, seems a bit risky.

Bird seems like the logical choice although I wouldn't have an issue with Vaughn.

After the continuity train wreck that was X-Men: First Class (though the film itself was enjoyable enough), I couldn't trust that he wouldn't be tempted to 'put his stamp on it' and make some of the frightening predictions previously posted on this forum a reality.

Personally I think they'll employ someone who will tow the Lucas line, and make sure they don't stray from established story and facts. A modern day Richard Marquand if you like.

(in reply to Dirk Miggler)
Post #: 1337
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 16/11/2012 7:34:10 PM   
bozo

FEAST YOUR EYES ON THE FUTURE:

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/star-wars-7-meme.jpg

< Message edited by bozo -- 16/11/2012 7:38:05 PM >

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 1338
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 16/11/2012 9:33:17 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sotto Voce

Here's what I hope; Although the producers, writer or director might not openly say "alot of people hate the prequels, so lets avoid what they hate about them and skew more towards the originals", (at least not if Lucas is in the room), they will be thinking it. They will be aware of the negativity about the prequels, and will want to win over the prequel-haters. They will want reviews to say "better than the prequels".

I hope.

Yeah but in hollywood, its the numbers that matter.The prequels were in fact very very popular with audiences and introduced a whole new generation to Star Wars.This is exemplified by the success of the Clone Wars series.

I would guess they want to appeal to a new generation of Star Wars fans with this new trilogy ( while appealing to those who have enjoyed what has come before of course).The biggest target audience for SW is young people so they will take the opportunity of this new trilogy to appeal to those who are new to the franchise just like Abrams Star Trek appealed to non trekkies.

My choice for director of the first episode would be Joe Johnston.He worked on the original trilogy so knows the material and is a decent director in his own right.Lucas would know his property would be in safe hands with him.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Sotto Voce)
Post #: 1339
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 16/11/2012 10:03:05 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
The prequels were in fact very very popular with audiences and introduced a whole new generation to Star Wars.This is exemplified by the success of the Clone Wars series.

So the success of thing A is exemplified by the success of thing B? *raises an eyebrow*

Also, Joe Johnston is not a great choice. His films are variable.

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 1340
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 17/11/2012 12:02:22 AM   
Rgirvan44

Yes, these movies must appeal to those ten people who have never seen or heard about Star Wars....

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 1341
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 17/11/2012 12:55:50 AM   
joig

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Yes, these movies must appeal to those ten people who have never seen or heard about Star Wars....

I know you might not believe this but I actually met a person once that hadn't heard of Star Wars. I was flabbergasted. Just couldn't believe it.

My Little Link Collection

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1342
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 17/11/2012 4:32:08 AM   
Sotto Voce

quote:

quote:

I hope.

Yeah but in hollywood, its the numbers that matter.The prequels were in fact very very popular with audiences and introduced a whole new generation to Star Wars.This is exemplified by the success of the Clone Wars series.

I would guess they want to appeal to a new generation of Star Wars fans with this new trilogy ( while appealing to those who have enjoyed what has come before of course).The biggest target audience for SW is young people so they will take the opportunity of this new trilogy to appeal to those who are new to the franchise just like Abrams Star Trek appealed to non trekkies.

Well, that 's why I say "I hope". They could just emulate the prequels and make a ton of cash, but I hope they will also want to appeal to old fans as well in order to maximise the audience. I would love to see it skewed very much toward the originals with a fair bit of restraint on the visuals, but even if just the writing is a lot better than the prequels, that would be a pretty big improvement. The choice of writer is pretty encouraging.

All things digested have a similar hue.

Post #: 1343
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 17/11/2012 8:44:33 AM   
fuzzy

quote:

quote:

I hope.

My choice for director of the first episode would be Joe Johnston.He worked on the original trilogy so knows the material and is a decent director in his own right.Lucas would know his property would be in safe hands with him.

Very popular in what sense? Box office takings? It's Star Wars, that ones a given. It's no indication of quality. 

On making a film for kids, the Avengers proved that you can still make a fantasy blockbuster and please the masses, old and young alike (and guess what, toys will still sell!) There's no need to dumb down to get the kids on board. 

The films have spanned 2 generations so will always have a broad audience base. Problem with the prequels is that Ol' George just wanted to impress a new generation of kids and, well, himself. Ignoring the demographic that made him a billionaire in the first place. They lacked humour, charm and an emotional bond with the audience that the originals had in spades. Helmed by a once master storyteller that, like many of his generation, had lost his filmmaking mojo. 

With Lucas taking a back seat though, we may well have films made that will try and please more than just one demographic. After all, this is the same Disney thats managed to successfully steer recent Pixar, Muppets and Marvel franchises, pleasing old and new fans alike. 

I still think they'll go with a safe pair of hands for director though. A team player that can deliver on time and budget without imposing their own style too much, as opposed to a more maverick or visionary filmmaker, so someone like Johnston may well be their man.

Post #: 1344
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 17/11/2012 6:13:52 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: joig

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

I know you might not believe this but I actually met a person once that hadn't heard of Star Wars. I was flabbergasted. Just couldn't believe it.

Did you beat them?

(in reply to joig)
Post #: 1345
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 17/11/2012 6:54:58 PM   
KnightofZyryab

quote:

quote:

The prequels were in fact very very popular with audiences and introduced a whole new generation to Star Wars.This is exemplified by the success of the Clone Wars series.

So the success of thing A is exemplified by the success of thing B? *raises an eyebrow*

Also, Joe Johnston is not a great choice. His films are variable.

Or just plain crap.

Imminent viewings : The Place Beyond the Pines

Read my blog at: http://alcentrodelaberinto.blogspot.com/

Post #: 1346
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 17/11/2012 7:13:00 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

They should just give it back to George Lucas.

Hehehehe

(in reply to KnightofZyryab)
Post #: 1347
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 17/11/2012 8:13:34 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: fuzzy

quote:

quote:

I hope.

Very popular in what sense? Box office takings? It's Star Wars, that ones a given. It's no indication of quality. 

On making a film for kids, the Avengers proved that you can still make a fantasy blockbuster and please the masses, old and young alike (and guess what, toys will still sell!) There's no need to dumb down to get the kids on board. 

The films have spanned 2 generations so will always have a broad audience base. Problem with the prequels is that Ol' George just wanted to impress a new generation of kids and, well, himself. Ignoring the demographic that made him a billionaire in the first place. They lacked humour, charm and an emotional bond with the audience that the originals had in spades. Helmed by a once master storyteller that, like many of his generation, had lost his filmmaking mojo. 

With Lucas taking a back seat though, we may well have films made that will try and please more than just one demographic. After all, this is the same Disney thats managed to successfully steer recent Pixar, Muppets and Marvel franchises, pleasing old and new fans alike. 

I still think they'll go with a safe pair of hands for director though. A team player that can deliver on time and budget without imposing their own style too much, as opposed to a more maverick or visionary filmmaker, so someone like Johnston may well be their man.

I disagree.I enjoyed the prequels immensely and saw them multiple times in the theatres.I treasure my blu ray set of all 6 films and still enjoy them all despite what minor flaws they may have.Im sure many other people do as well.Sure there are always going to be naysayers but hey ho, thats their opinion and thats life.

Im just concerned that SW will become something that its not supposed to be with these new films.I dont want them to be '' dark '' just because thats the trendy thing to do nowadays.Besides, the prequels had a very dark story to tell that culminated in the darkest episode of the saga ( ROTS ).I think the films need to lighten up now a bit and have some great adventure that has nothing to do with the Skywalker legacy.Of course there should be some great conflict but the tone of Abrams Star Trek would do nicely now.

Who do you guys think should score these new films?John Williams is in excellent health but at his age i dont really see him commiting to a new SW trilogy.My first thought was Michael Giacchino, but i guess it doest seem right to get the same composer to do Trek AND Wars.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 1348
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 17/11/2012 10:36:28 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

a once master storyteller

*chokes*

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 1349
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 17/11/2012 11:36:59 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

quote:

a once master storyteller

*chokes*

Well, A New Hope and American Grafitti are quite good.

Master storyteller is a somewhat hyperbolic term to use in relation to Lucas but I suppose that's subjective.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 1350
Page:   <<   < prev  43 44 [45] 46 47   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 Page: <<   < prev  43 44 [45] 46 47   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI