Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Star Wars: Episode 7

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 Page: <<   < prev  42 43 [44] 45 46   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 13/11/2012 12:06:50 AM   
vad3r

http://uk.eonline.com/news/361992/new-star-wars-films-quentin-tarantino-not-so-thrilled

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 1291
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 13/11/2012 5:54:43 AM   
Sotto Voce

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r

http://uk.eonline.com/news/361992/new-star-wars-films-quentin-tarantino-not-so-thrilled

They should get Tarantino to do a Boba Fett movie.

All things digested have a similar hue.

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 1292
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 13/11/2012 10:16:53 AM   
DancingClown

Personally I couldn't give a frog's fat-ass what Quentin thinks about this.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to Sotto Voce)
Post #: 1293
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 13/11/2012 10:22:01 AM   
spark1

could this be the helmer for ep VII?-

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/star-wars-episode-7-director-is-colin-trevorrow-probably/

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 1294
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 13/11/2012 10:32:15 AM   
DancingClown

Interesting. Anyone here seen 'Safety Not Guaranteed'?

Astronomic Tune Boy

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 1295
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 13/11/2012 10:58:00 AM   
Harry Tuttle

Darth Vader rumoured to return in Episode VII

CLICKY

The source is the Express though so I'm still fairly certain it's bollocks. I wonder if their "industry insider" is related to one of our regular posters . There's a link to a supershadow.com article about an apparent "leaked outline" in the comments section. I had a quick look and it's basically EU fanboy bollocks by the looks of it. I didn't want to read too much though, y'know just in case .

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

Post #: 1296
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 13/11/2012 11:22:26 AM   
DancingClown

quote:

"This is science fiction, remember... Darth Vader will rise from the ashes."

Jesus, it IS vad3r.

If this turns out to be true I don't think I could watch Episode VII. Such a cop-out. But of course the old "insider source" reference is nearly always code for "publicity-seeking speculation with no real basis in fact".

And those comments, wow, they're even rowdier than ours.

Astronomic Tune Boy

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 1297
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 13/11/2012 11:50:21 AM   
pete_traynor

quote:

Vaderís arch is completely done. Anyone hoping to see him in these films is in for a 3 hearty courses of utter disappointment.

And neither time travel nor flashbacks will be used to include him.

Just makes no sense whatsoever to even consider his involvement in any further SW installments.

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

Post #: 1298
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 13/11/2012 12:32:44 PM   
jobloffski

Resurrection is a no no. But, 30-40 years after the fall of the empire, the LEGACY of Vader can have an effect on the galaxy, in terms of whether or not the galaxy completely trusts the motives of the son of the child and jedi murdering, galaxy oppressing attack dog of the long dead Emperor in reforming the very jedi order from which Vader emerged?

It is after all, episode 7 of a saga, not the unrelated start of a new one.

If continuing from what has already happened, the shadow Vader casts over the Galaxy surely seems at least a reasonable and logical context for conflict, and various trusting and otherwise views of Luke Skywalker and the jedi order (from which Vader came) and whether he should be hated for 'The Sins of the father' provides a pertinent and personalised source of character conflict for him/any descendants and danger for 'the good guys', and a 'justification' for opportunist bad guys seeking to make financial/political power capital out of sowing seeds of doubt about the goodness of the 'Sons of Skywalker'?

Icons are often used to justify whatever views people have/actions they take, regardless of anything they really did in life. And a potential for a face off between those inspired by Anakin's ultimate sacrifice and those more into the power/fear his image can be said his image represents...

We've had the resolution of the war between the two sides within vader/Anakin. Will we now see the war between those who aspire to his goodness, and those who are inspired by his evil, writ large across the galaxy as the impetus for conflict in Star Wars 7-9?

< Message edited by jobloffski -- 13/11/2012 1:53:55 PM >

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 1299
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 13/11/2012 12:49:29 PM   
Keyser Sozzled

You can type this shit Jobloffski, but you can't say it

I have no idea who any of them are, apart from Terry Pratchett who I know has got a beard and keeps going on about killing himself but never does.

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 1300
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 13/11/2012 12:57:12 PM   
jobloffski

Heh!

I can both type and say it

Simpler version. History is doomed to repeat itself, not because nobody listens to its lessons, but because people don't all take the same lesson from it...

I'm suggesting a slightly more 'organic' story development process than 'it's all over' oh no, here's another bad guy who wants to take over the galaxy'

The present flows from the past, particularly when people refuse to let go of it...

< Message edited by jobloffski -- 13/11/2012 1:00:14 PM >

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.

(in reply to Keyser Sozzled)
Post #: 1301
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 13/11/2012 12:57:22 PM   
Rgirvan44

lololol hello Express journalists!

Also Super Shadow - is that dude still about?

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

Post #: 1302
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 13/11/2012 1:00:42 PM   
Rebel scum

quote:

ORIGINAL: jobloffski

Resurrection is a no no. But, 30-40 years after the fall of the empire, the LEGACY of Vader can have an effect on the galaxy, in terms of whether or not the galaxy completely trusts the motives of the son of the child and jedi murdering, galaxy oppressing attack dog of the long dead Emperor in reforming the very jedi order from which Vader emerged?

I would love to see a story where the fact that Luke is Vader's son gets revealed to a shocked new Republic, making Luke and any Jedi he's trained outcasts and pushing them more towards the dark side.
THAT would be using Vader effectively.

"We are not safe! A dark menace rises to the east! Duckies go quack! Cows go moo! I want ice cream. Verily, will you two hobbits join my quest?"

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 1303
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 13/11/2012 1:05:50 PM   
jobloffski

Potential cheese, potentially a very powerful powerful moment...

Luke (completely at a loss as to why he is being attacked verbally and hated so suddenly): Why is this happening?

Ghost Anakin (one of a very few brief appearances, closes eyes, lowers head in shame, very subdued) Because I am your father...

(in reply to Rebel scum)
Post #: 1304
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 13/11/2012 1:08:36 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

Luke (completely at a loss as to why he is being attacked verbally and hated so suddenly): Why is this happening?

Ghost Anakin (one of a very few brief appearances, closes eyes, lowers head in shame, very subdued) Because I am your father...

Good lord.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 1305
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 13/11/2012 1:46:21 PM   
Manny

A very important point, not seen it raised before in the 44 pages until now.

Will Vader's true identity be widely known by the time of EP7, could the revelation or threat of revelation be a key plot point?

"Babylon fives a big pile of ..."

The winky faced smily is the mark of a moron ;)

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1306
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 13/11/2012 1:53:10 PM   
Keyser Sozzled

I gave up on the link when they all ended up at the fucking Zoo....

I have no idea who any of them are, apart from Terry Pratchett who I know has got a beard and keeps going on about killing himself but never does.

(in reply to Manny)
Post #: 1307
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 13/11/2012 2:04:20 PM   
Bad Ash

quote:

ORIGINAL: pete_traynor

quote:

Vaderís arch is completely done. Anyone hoping to see him in these films is in for a 3 hearty courses of utter disappointment.

Just makes no sense whatsoever to even consider his involvement in any further SW installments.

I'm not sure you can say it makes no sense! Like someone else mentioned earlier in the thread, this will be part 7 in an ongoing saga, not just some unrelated sci-fi movie!

Episodes 1 through 6 have been focused mainly on Darth Vader in some capacity. The prequels dealt with him as a child, then as a teenager then as an "adult" who at the end becomes the DARK LORD OF THE SITH!! Episodes 4,5 &6 obviously deal with Darth Vader himself, his own "struggle" and his children. For that reason I think it is quite reasonable to think that episodes 7,8 &9 could deal with the Children/Grandchildren of Darth Vader and Darth Vader himself as a ghost/hallucination/taxidermy victim or whatever - in fact I think it probably will!

I know where the bastard sleeps!

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 1308
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 13/11/2012 2:09:41 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Keyser Sozzled

I gave up on the link when they all ended up at the fucking Zoo....

Ha, same here. I nearly dropped it at Anakin Solo to be honest. Why would Leia name her son after someone who was complicit in BLOWING UP A PLANET and oppressing the whole Galaxy. It was Luke that had daddy issues in ROTJ, Leia didn't even know Vader was her father till a few hours before he died.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

Post #: 1309
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 13/11/2012 2:53:40 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

quote:

Good lord.

Good lord Vader?

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1310
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 13/11/2012 3:03:40 PM   
Sotto Voce

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rebel scum

quote:

I would love to see a story where the fact that Luke is Vader's son gets revealed to a shocked new Republic, making Luke and any Jedi he's trained outcasts and pushing them more towards the dark side.
THAT would be using Vader effectively.

Yeah, that would be a good angle. Resurrecting Vader would be stupid, but the Emperor returning would not be so crazy. It was done in 'Dark Empire' with a clone body, but he could also return as some kind of force-ghost-thing. Its consistant with ROTJ, as he tries to goad Luke into killing him- 'Strike me down with all your hatred', or words to that effect. You'd think he wouldn't do that unless he had some way of cheating death.

All things digested have a similar hue.

(in reply to Rebel scum)
Post #: 1311
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 13/11/2012 4:41:53 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bad Ash

quote:

ORIGINAL: pete_traynor

quote:

I'm not sure you can say it makes no sense! Like someone else mentioned earlier in the thread, this will be part 7 in an ongoing saga, not just some unrelated sci-fi movie!

To be fair it was being suggested by unhinged participants earlier in the thread that Vader would/should make a full physical resurrection, and that Disney were definitely going to do this. Because they had to do it to sell the movie. Because apparently they couldn't sell Star Wars any other way. Despite the fact, of course, that all this publicity and hearsay alone is priceless in terms of marketing.

But it's refreshing to see some genuinely interesting and sensible suggestions surfacing on this page for once.

Astronomic Tune Boy

(in reply to Bad Ash)
Post #: 1312
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 13/11/2012 5:44:07 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

Ha, same here. I nearly dropped it at Anakin Solo to be honest. Why would Leia name her son after someone who was complicit in BLOWING UP A PLANET and oppressing the whole Galaxy. It was Luke that had daddy issues in ROTJ, Leia didn't even know Vader was her father till a few hours before he died.

Trying to reclaim the name, I guess? I was looking up some of that Expanded Universe stuff the other day, and in that continuity Anakin Solo is a pure heroic Jedi, and quite reminiscent of his originally good grandfather. I don't know, it didn't really bother me anyway.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 1313
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 13/11/2012 6:03:52 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

quote:

Jesus, it IS vad3r.

If this turns out to be true I don't think I could watch Episode VII. Such a cop-out. But of course the old "insider source" reference is nearly always code for "publicity-seeking speculation with no real basis in fact".

And those comments, wow, they're even rowdier than ours.

If that turns to be true, I'm checking out of this life.

I don't want to live in a world where Vad3r is right about something.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 1314
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 13/11/2012 11:37:09 PM   
Dannybohy

There is no way Vader will physically be back, Luke fucking toasted him, right after he died saying Luke was right. So there is no threat any more. I like the idea that Vader might be a threat only in the form of remnant followers, like a cult, or perhaps a secret apprentice Vader was training who takes on Vader appearance and is out for revenge

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 1315
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 13/11/2012 11:42:18 PM   
Rgirvan44

Vader won't be back - the Daily Express don't have a clue (if they really had a mole, how come NO ONE knew about this deal two weeks ago?)

It is more likely they found a thread like this, and weaved a story out of it.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 1316
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 13/11/2012 11:45:27 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

quote:

Trying to reclaim the name, I guess?

I'm always remarking how many children these days are named Adolf and Judas.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 1317
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 13/11/2012 11:58:04 PM   
Deviation

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

quote:

Trying to reclaim the name, I guess?

I'm always remarking how many children these days are named Adolf and Judas.

Judah or Yehudah aren't totally uncommon and they're basically the same name as Judas.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 1318
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 14/11/2012 12:13:31 AM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

lololol hello Express journalists!

Also Super Shadow - is that dude still about?

I like to think he passes on the title to a successor in the style of the Phantom.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1319
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 14/11/2012 1:54:23 AM   
vad3r

Can't say I told you guys so.

Mark your calendars, 2015 is the year of Vade(/3)r.

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 1320
Page:   <<   < prev  42 43 [44] 45 46   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 Page: <<   < prev  42 43 [44] 45 46   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI