Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Star Wars: Episode 7

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 Page: <<   < prev  38 39 [40] 41 42   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 9/11/2012 11:30:29 PM   
indytim

Part 2: George Lucas and Kathleen Kennedy: Getting Started on the New Star Wars Films

In this video (click the link above) Kathleen Kennedy talks about wanting to bring in "... writers and directors that I've worked with in the past ...". So, that would be David Fincher, which would be awesome and possible now that Disney have put his project '20,000 Leagues Under The Sea' on the back burner having being burnt by 'John Carter', and M Night Shyamalan, which MUST NOT HAPPEN!!! Jeez! Anyone who has seen 'The Last Airbender' knows he would be a disastrous choice. I would love to see David Fincher make a Star Wars movie, especially if he cast Rooney 'Dragon Tattoo' Mara as a female Jedi.

And if you think Fincher may be a bit sniffy about Star Wars this is what he had to say about the franchise in December last year whilst promoting 'The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo' ... (this is his response to being asked 'Star Wars or Star Trek?' ... ďStar Wars. Empire. Itís the only answer. I appreciate Star Wars; itís an amazing accomplishment, it is an A+. I think Empireís an A++ because itís one of those movies where it was, remember, it was my senior year of high school in the summer. When I saw that George Lucas was going to do the AT-ATs on baking soda with stop-motion and he was going to turn a pivotal character over to Frank Oz and he was going to play it as a Muppet, I thought, ďThis fucking guy has balls, man.Ē Itís unreal the risks that he will take in order to tell us his story. And the fact that it comes off so well, that itís so deftly done, is just the ultimate to me, the cobbling together of all of these magical disciplines to make this thing that is so much greater than the sum of its parts. Thatís spectacular. The cast is spectacular, everybody works well, itís fun, itís crazy good. Crazy good entertainment, amazing cinema.Ē

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 1171
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 9/11/2012 11:33:03 PM   
jobloffski

quote:

ORIGINAL: darthbane

How about the new Jedi/New republic faced a completely different type of enemy. How about shapeshifters (already seen in AOTC), Infiltrating the lives of the heroes. A new trilogy focusing on paranoia, doubt and fear rather than simple good versus evil

How about good versus evil versus 'can you actually be sure that what you're doing IS good?' as a means to explore paranoia doubt and fear?

< Message edited by jobloffski -- 9/11/2012 11:56:30 PM >

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.

(in reply to darthbane)
Post #: 1172
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 9/11/2012 11:44:28 PM   
cerebusboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r

So Harry has to die before Indy is re-cast? What if studios want a new Indy film when he's 80? Will they replace granddad with someone who can still run without CGI?

I have no problem with retconning the end of Episode Vl and I'm sure the average movie goer won't either. The only ones who will are the fanboys. Will they still pay to see Episode 7? Yes. Everyone wins.

PLEASE TRIM YOUR FUCKING POSTS! A number of people, including mods, have made this request. I've complied. I don't know if you're just being obtuse or something.

If that's the case, why haven't the studios been cranking out Indy films every year? Perhaps because an Indy film without Lucas, Spielberg and Ford is commercial suicide?

No, fanboys are used to retcons. You really think a regular somebody going to see Episode VII, with fond memories of the brilliant end of Return of the Jedi, will be up for Vader being retconned? If you're doing that, why not piss all over the trilogy further and have Vader not be Luke's father? After all, only 'fanboys' would mind

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 1173
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 9/11/2012 11:47:55 PM   
cerebusboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: jobloffski

I'LL NEVER JOIN YOU!!!!!

If you only knew the POWER of the Dark Side!
Recasting Luke, Leia and Han Solo, or retconning the end of Return of the Jedi, is considerably crazier than anything I've said. Hell, George has put his non-professional-acting relatives in some of his films, and they've hardly suffered as a result. N'Syn were only removed from one Star Wars film at the editing stage. Everyone I've suggested has been eye-catchingly charismatic.

Although I'm certainly not comparing N*Sync to the artists I mentioned. Kanye West, Eminem and the Wu-Tang are musical geniuses, and Cheryl's one of the world's top three sexiest women, with some catchy songs.

< Message edited by cerebusboy -- 9/11/2012 11:57:31 PM >

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 1174
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 9/11/2012 11:51:30 PM   
cerebusboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: indytim

Part 2: George Lucas and Kathleen Kennedy: Getting Started on the New Star Wars Films

In this video (click the link above) Kathleen Kennedy talks about wanting to bring in "... writers and directors that I've worked with in the past ...". So, that would be David Fincher, which would be awesome and possible now that Disney have put his project '20,000 Leagues Under The Sea' on the back burner having being burnt by 'John Carter', and M Night Shyamalan, which MUST NOT HAPPEN!!! Jeez! Anyone who has seen 'The Last Airbender' knows he would be a disastrous choice. I would love to see David Fincher make a Star Wars movie, especially if he cast Rooney 'Dragon Tattoo' Mara as a female Jedi.

And if you think Fincher may be a bit sniffy about Star Wars this is what he had to say about the franchise in December last year whilst promoting 'The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo' ... (this is his response to being asked 'Star Wars or Star Trek?' ... ďStar Wars. Empire. Itís the only answer. I appreciate Star Wars; itís an amazing accomplishment, it is an A+. I think Empireís an A++ because itís one of those movies where it was, remember, it was my senior year of high school in the summer. When I saw that George Lucas was going to do the AT-ATs on baking soda with stop-motion and he was going to turn a pivotal character over to Frank Oz and he was going to play it as a Muppet, I thought, ďThis fucking guy has balls, man.Ē Itís unreal the risks that he will take in order to tell us his story. And the fact that it comes off so well, that itís so deftly done, is just the ultimate to me, the cobbling together of all of these magical disciplines to make this thing that is so much greater than the sum of its parts. Thatís spectacular. The cast is spectacular, everybody works well, itís fun, itís crazy good. Crazy good entertainment, amazing cinema.Ē

Interesting post! Glad to see another poster like me and jobloffski. I'd certainly be up for Fincher directing Episode VII. He doesn't just do dark and cool films; Benjamin Button, for example, was basically similar to Forrest Gump. But thanks to its direction and performances, it was a masterpiece (five stars in Empire, like Superman Returns, another great film) whereas Forrest Gump is rubbish.

(in reply to indytim)
Post #: 1175
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 9/11/2012 11:53:11 PM   
cerebusboy

quote:

How about the new Jedi/New republic faced a completely different type of enemy. How about shapeshifters (already seen in AOTC), Infiltrating the lives of the heroes. A new trilogy focusing on paranoia, doubt and fear rather than simple good versus evil

Gah, no offence, but that sounds like Marvel's Secret Invasion Skrull storyline! One of the problems of the EU is that you get loads of Star-Wars-does-x type stories.

(in reply to darthbane)
Post #: 1176
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 9/11/2012 11:55:01 PM   
cerebusboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

Vader will not be resurrected nor time-travel to be in VII. If any of the characters from Jedi return, they will not be recast. Put your mortgage on it.

I don't know why you guys keep conflating time travel and resurrection. The later would piss all over the ending of Return of the Jedi. The former could be used sensibly.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 1177
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 10/11/2012 12:05:13 AM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: cerebusboy

PLEASE TRIM YOUR FUCKING POSTS!

Cerebusboy, you are not a mod. Over the last few pages you have taken it upon yourself to start handing out "warnings" to other users. You have been told that if you have issue with other forumites' posts, use the mod ticket function or block them. You have been told to not issue "warnings" to other forumites. I'm telling you again. Stop telling people not to go off topic. We'll do that, as we have. Including with you.

This is my last unofficial mention of this.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 1178
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 10/11/2012 12:08:48 AM   
cerebusboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

quote:

PLEASE TRIM YOUR FUCKING POSTS!

Cerebusboy, you are not a mod. Over the last few pages you have taken it upon yourself to start handing out "warnings" to other users. You have been told that if you have issue with other forumites' posts, use the mod ticket function or block them. You have been told to not issue "warnings" to other forumites. I'm telling you again. Stop telling people not to go off topic. We'll do that, as we have. Including with you.

This is my last unofficial mention of this.

Sorry. But I wasn't trimming posts. People, including you, told me to stop. So I did. Vad3r read the exact same messages as me, so I assumed he was bound by the same rules etc. I was not handing out warnings. There have been posts made which could have been reported but I did not. My apologies, Lots of people have encouraged me to stay on topic, often saying so explicitly. I therefore had no idea that my doing so was a transgression of a law. My apologies. Won't happen again.

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 1179
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 10/11/2012 12:36:25 AM   
superdan

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

Vader will not be resurrected nor time-travel to be in VII. If any of the characters from Jedi return, they will not be recast. Put your mortgage on it.

I don't know why you guys keep conflating time travel and resurrection. The later would piss all over the ending of Return of the Jedi. The former could be used sensibly.

I'm not conflating them which is why I mentioned both. And no it couldn't. It couldn't. The fact that time travel has apparently been used in the EU is utterly irrelevant. - it has no basis in the previous 6 movies. Unless Disney are interested in turning SW into a Terminator-style franchise where everyone is travelling back in time to kill baby Anakin and Shmi becomes a hard-bitten survivalist as a result, it isn't going to happen.

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 1180
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 10/11/2012 12:43:02 AM   
MonsterCat

Let's assume that Ep7 resurrects Darth Vader. Then what? After Ep6 there's nowhere else for his character to go. And as for the time travel thing? OK, I know it's sci-fi fantasy and stuff, but it sounds like a dumb as fuck plot contrivance to bring him back

I can't believe this stupid as shit idea of bringing him back has come back up again.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 10/11/2012 12:46:25 AM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 1181
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 10/11/2012 2:18:51 AM   
kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

Let's assume that Ep7 resurrects Darth Vader. Then what? After Ep6 there's nowhere else for his character to go. And as for the time travel thing? OK, I know it's sci-fi fantasy and stuff, but it sounds like a dumb as fuck plot contrivance to bring him back

I can't believe this stupid as shit idea of bringing him back has come back up again.

He could time travel to back when he was a boy and make the prequels better. He could say to little anakin "dont say yippee in times of joy, and never scream NOOOOO in disdain". Or something.

Brand new story please, keep some elements- lightsabres, the force. Thats about it really.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 1182
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 10/11/2012 6:37:27 AM   
Dirk Miggler

How about a female antagonist/protagonist, could be a welcome change ?

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 1183
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 10/11/2012 8:07:20 AM   
darthbane

quote:

quote:

Gah, no offence, but that sounds like Marvel's Secret Invasion Skrull storyline! One of the problems of the EU is that you get loads of Star-Wars-does-x type stories.

Never read it.
How about Mon Mothma or Leia replaces at the highest level of government. Han and Chewie try and track down a kidnapped Leia. Luke trys to expose the truth

"You're not safe here. No one is" Batman - Arkham City

http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/darthbane

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 1184
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 10/11/2012 8:36:03 AM   
Dirk Miggler

Couldn't give two hoots about EU, if they adapt an EU story or not or use something that shares resemblance's to other stories, it would be very hard for them to come up with a completely original Idea. Most cinema going folk wouldn't even be able to make the similarities that your taking about Cerebusboy. The point should be that the story feels fresh for Star Wars, and not feel like where treading old ground. Something that in the case of Hutt involvement, would definitely feel like to me.

< Message edited by Dirk Miggler -- 10/11/2012 9:07:07 AM >

(in reply to darthbane)
Post #: 1185
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 10/11/2012 10:29:02 AM   
simonmckergan1

Lucasfilm Confirms Michael Arndt to Write 'Star Wars: Episode VII:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/new-star-wars-movie-michael-388424

As you can see, my young apprentice, your friends have failed. Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL battle station!

(in reply to Dirk Miggler)
Post #: 1186
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 10/11/2012 11:10:37 AM   
Scruffybobby

This thread is really quite mental and I feel it's only get to get mentaler.

Whatever the films end up being they'll never be as epic as this thread is going to be by release day

< Message edited by Scruffybobby -- 10/11/2012 11:13:36 AM >

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

(in reply to simonmckergan1)
Post #: 1187
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 10/11/2012 11:24:42 AM   
shool

quote:

Interesting post! Glad to see another poster like me and jobloffski.

Please stop reviewing other peoples posts as though you are some kind of superior poster in this thread. Its arrogant and irritating.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 1188
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 10/11/2012 11:26:12 AM   
homersimpson_esq

We will have a roll of honour for all the mods who will have fallen by the wayside because of this thread over the years.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 1189
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 10/11/2012 11:27:44 AM   
shool

quote:

ORIGINAL: simonmckergan1

Yup finally some more news.

I think this is a good choice of screenwriter for Ep VII

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to simonmckergan1)
Post #: 1190
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 10/11/2012 11:28:31 AM   
cerebusboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: shool

quote:

Interesting post! Glad to see another poster like me and jobloffski.

Please stop reviewing other peoples posts as though you are some kind of superior poster in this thread. Its arrogant and irritating.

Is that another unwritten rule? Plenty of people have been giving opinions on my posts. A mod tells everyone to cut out mass quoting; I do it, Vad3r doesn't, I get the stick. However, point taken - I will add it to the list of posts I (and only I) am not allowed to make, topics I (and only I) am not allowed to talk about on this thread etc etc.

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 1191
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 10/11/2012 11:31:12 AM   
cerebusboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirk Miggler

How about a female antagonist/protagonist, could be a welcome change ?

I'd be up with Luke falling in love with a female baddie, ripe with drama Jedi/heart conflicts etc. The Eu has lots of good women baddie aliens, like Mara Jade, Aurra Sing, Asaj Ventress etc etc.

Post #: 1192
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 10/11/2012 11:32:35 AM   
cerebusboy

quote:

quote:

Yeah, I'm all for Pixar people! That said, hope Randy Newman doesn't do the Episode VII soundtrack.

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 1193
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 10/11/2012 11:39:38 AM   
cerebusboy

Kudos to the dude who posted the Lucas/Kennedy clip a few pages back. They're releasing new titbits every week! The list of directors apparently turning down Episode VII is getting pretty silly though (it now includes Tarantino!). No official word that Terrence Malick's said no, so presumably he's still in the running

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 1194
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 10/11/2012 11:42:42 AM   
simonmckergan1

quote:

quote:

This is absolutely wonderful news. The film couldn't be in better hands - and he's a fan, to boot.

As you can see, my young apprentice, your friends have failed. Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL battle station!

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 1195
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 10/11/2012 11:44:39 AM   
DancingClown

I certainly wouldn't want a Tarantino Star Wars.

"Say 'may the force be with you' again, I dare you, I double-dare you, motherfucker!"

"Is there a sign outside my hut that says 'dead Jawa storage'...?"

It would be more of a Tarantino film than a Star Wars film. Same with Tim Burton, I guess.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 1196
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 10/11/2012 11:46:14 AM   
cerebusboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

I certainly wouldn't want a Tarantino Star Wars.

"Say 'may the force be with you' again, I dare you, I double-dare you, motherfucker!"

"Is there a sign outside my hut that says 'dead Jawa storage'...?"

It would be more of a Tarantino film than a Star Wars film. Same with Tim Burton, I guess.

Tarantino was a bit bitchy about Disney, saying he doesn't want to see the Simon West Star Wars

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 1197
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 10/11/2012 12:04:29 PM   
homersimpson_esq

It's like Bond. You don't want a director with a really distinctive style of his own. Mendes got the balance right in being a name director, but one without a specific style that says "A Sam Mendes Film". He just makes excellent films.

You want directors like Brad Bird, Favreau, Von Trier, Vaughn, Singer, etc.

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 1198
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 10/11/2012 12:19:57 PM   
cerebusboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirk Miggler

Couldn't give two hoots about EU, if they adapt an EU story or not or use something that shares resemblance's to other stories, it would be very hard for them to come up with a completely original Idea. Most cinema going folk wouldn't even be able to make the similarities that your taking about Cerebusboy. The point should be that the story feels fresh for Star Wars, and not feel like where treading old ground. Something that in the case of Hutt involvement, would definitely feel like to me.

Come on, we've not really got much of the Hutts as Tony-Soprano style criminal leaders. There's lots of untapped stories. On reflection, maybe the Wu-Tang Clan would be better as bounty hunters/criminals than Jedi Knights. Everyone loves that scene with Boba Fett and the hot alien chick, so if you made the Wu-Tang criminal baddies, you could surround them with big booty hoes with some alien bling and big laser guns .Everyone loves that scene of the bounty hunters in Empire - the Wu would be great as the Episode VII equivalent, except with a real menacing edge (Wu-Tang Clan Ain't Nuthin' Ta Fuck Wit'!)
Method Man's been in the not-exactly-critically-unacclaimed The Wire, before my haterz start! That also means you don't need to bring the Sith back, which would make the ending of Return of the Jedi seem less heroic.

How about a vast criminal struggle for control of the galaxy - like the Star Wars equivalent to the last episodes of the (also very critically acclaimed) Sopranos, with dudes gettin' capped and deals being struck - with some Hutts (who aren't technically Sith) trying to use the Dark Side to gain the upper hand, nuclear deterrent style? Luke and his samurai band of Jedi realise that they might not be able to eradicate crime, so he's faced with possibly choosing the lesser evil, or trying to destroy the Dark Side once again?

Post #: 1199
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 10/11/2012 12:43:48 PM   
Dirk Miggler

You lost me at Wu Tang

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 1200
Page:   <<   < prev  38 39 [40] 41 42   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 Page: <<   < prev  38 39 [40] 41 42   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI