Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Star Wars: Episode 7

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 1:49:48 AM   
vad3r

Anyone have any alternate casting choices to mine? I think that's some good casting right there.

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 31
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 1:54:09 AM   
Olaf

I did, in Post #15.

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 32
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 2:11:32 AM   
vad3r

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

I did, in Post #15.

I dont't know what this is. I just assumed you were talking about some European footballers facial hair.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

Luke Skywalker - Olivier Giroud
Han Solo - Olivier Giroud
Obi-Wan Kenobi's Ghost - Olivier Giroud
Darth Vader - Olivier Giroud
Princess Leia - Olivier Giroud
C3PO - Olivier Giroud
R2-D2 - Santi Cazorla
Lando - Olivier Giroud
Admiral Thrawn - Olivier Giroud
Jabba the Hutt's son or whatever - Olivier Giroud
Cantina band - Olivier Giroud + CGI

quote:

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 33
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 2:15:12 AM   
directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r

Anyone have any alternate casting choices to mine? I think that's some good casting right there.

Yeah, mo-cap the original actors and digitally make them younger.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 34
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 2:18:25 AM   
vad3r

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

quote:

Yeah, mo-cap the original actors and digitally make them younger.

So you'd rather watch a bunch of digital effects and CGI acting than real humans? Are actors in short supply nowadays?

quote:

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 35
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 4:21:30 AM   
vad3r

Uncle George on the future of Star Wars movies:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyqlTi7lkhY

quote:

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 36
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 6:58:53 AM   
horribleives

I wonder how many of the original cast would be willing to reprise their roles if their characters were to feature? *
I like the idea of Han Solo as an ageing, curmudgeonly gunslinger verbally sparring with his estranged wife, dotty spinster Queen Mother Leia.

* Actually, I'll re-phrase that question: I wonder if Harrison Ford would be willing to reprise his role - the rest of them would do it for free coffee and a blanket.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 37
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 7:34:31 AM   
Angelus

I'm looking forward more to the Episode VII review thread than the actual film. I feel sorry for whoever's on mod duty in 2015.

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scraping will remove the black parts!"

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 38
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 7:50:34 AM   
Bumfluff

Disneys Star Wars:

Episode VII - Leia and the Tramp
The trials of living with Han Solo when he falls off the wagon but they make up by sharing a bowl if spaghetti.

Episode VIII - Finding Lando
The search for our favourite double crossing scoundrel takes us to Ratatooine, a sandy planet inhabited by talking rats who are good at cooking.

Episode IX - The Dewback of Notre Dame
(Is anyone still reading this?)

My Cinema Diaries

(in reply to Angelus)
Post #: 39
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 8:04:55 AM   
jonson

quote:

* Actually, I'll re-phrase that question: I wonder if Harrison Ford would be willing to reprise his role - the rest of them would do it for free coffee and a blanket.

You watch them fuck the whole franchise up and put some aliens in there somewhere.
Anyway, not that bothered, apart from The Empire Strikes Back I thought the new ones were better than the old ones anyway.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

Post #: 40
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 8:52:40 AM   
Overmind

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Problem the sequels face

Making Episode 7 means you need a BIGGER BADDER THREAT, which devalues the previous six movies. Going to be hard to balance.

We do have the VongWars....

And the upcoming 2015 review.. I feel more sorry for the reviewer than the mods...

"All suspects are to be considered guilty, period. Or else they wouldn't be suspects would they?" -TROOPS

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 41
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 9:11:08 AM   
giggity

I imagine that these are probably going to be like the Bond films now and be constantly on-going. In that case I would prefer they also be like Bond in the sense that they're just self-contained stories. No wide overarching story. Just a new tale from that universe every film, could even completely change the cast/characters for it kind of like how the plan for Halloween back in the 70's was to bring out a 'Halloween' film every year and not have it related to Michael Myers, just have it centred around the holiday.

I honestly think in terms of longevity and creatively (cos lets face it they're gonna make a shedload of cash regardless) this would be the best way to go.

(in reply to Overmind)
Post #: 42
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 9:33:23 AM   
pete_traynor

Move Fincher off 20K Leagues and get him cracking on this!

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to giggity)
Post #: 43
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 9:42:41 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

I wonder how many of the original cast would be willing to reprise their roles if their characters were to feature? *
I like the idea of Han Solo as an ageing, curmudgeonly gunslinger verbally sparring with his estranged wife, dotty spinster Queen Mother Leia.

Actually laughed out load at that last part!. I would like to see some of the old cast back, just hope they dont do some harry Potter esque story line with a young jedi going off to a new jedi school with headmaster Luke Skywalker and groundskeeper C3P0!!

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

Post #: 44
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 9:46:33 AM   
The Hooded Man

Jason Isaacs or Timothy Dalton as Thrawn, Jessica Chastain as Mara Jade, Christian Bale as Luke Skywalker, Nathan Fillion as Han, Robert Downey Jr as Talon Kaarde.

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 45
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 9:50:41 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Hooded Man

Jason Isaacs or Timothy Dalton as Thrawn, Jessica Chastain as Mara Jade, Christian Bale as Luke Skywalker, Nathan Fillion as Han, Robert Downey Jr as Talon Kaarde.

Remember kids, dont do drugs.

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 46
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 10:10:30 AM   
Timon

No old characters please. A new-post Empire galaxy, perhaps with some rogue Imperial fleet attempting to maintain control through fear and piracy? The new Republic is still having problems and their fleet is made up of former rebel pilots, pirates, smugglers and general scoudrels? Perhaps aided by a young, under-trained Jedi force that is severely ill-equiped to deal with it? Perhaps Hamill can make the odd cameo.

It's all up in the air, apparently Lucas has a broad three-film idea. Here's hoping someone can make it watchable.

Does this mean the new trilogy WON'T have the 20th Century Fox intro?!

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 47
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 10:17:40 AM   
Drew_231

So there is this series called 'Knights of the Old Republic'

And the first game gave us the best Star Wars story since Empire Strikes back

just saying......

(set it hundreds of years before the original films!!)

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 48
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 10:24:07 AM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Does this mean the new trilogy WON'T have the 20th Century Fox intro?!

It does according to this link.

CLICK

Can't say I'm too bothered about this to be honest. Whilst I thought Episode III had some good moments I was pretty much done with Star Wars after the prequels. Lucas off writing and directing duties is a huge boon though so who knows what the future may hold.

One upside is the possibility of a tamper free version of the OT. I'd have an interest in buying them on Blu-Ray then.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Drew_231

So there is this series called 'Knights of the Old Republic'

And the first game gave us the best Star Wars story since Empire Strikes back

just saying......

(set it hundreds of years before the original films!!)

The best Star Wars story full stop for me (and Empire is one of my top 5 favourite films of all time). That story's been done now though, I'd be surprised to see them going down that avenue.

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 31/10/2012 10:26:06 AM >

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 49
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 10:26:18 AM   
Vadersville

Christina Hendricks as Mara Jade.
That's all I can think of right now...

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 50
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 10:36:11 AM   
Beno

I would'nt be surprised if the new trilogy goes off in an entirely new direction away from all the games or stories that followed the final movie. For me that would be best or there are likely to be no surprises or nothing new.

This is also a fantastic opportunity for movie makers to make up for mistakes or criticisms levelled at previous ideas Lucas has took stick for.

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 51
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 10:41:32 AM   
KnightofZyryab

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Hooded Man

Would be a remake of Flash Gordon?

Imminent viewings : The Place Beyond the Pines

Read my blog at: http://alcentrodelaberinto.blogspot.com/

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 52
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 10:44:11 AM   
Vadersville

Oh yeah, they almost definitley will stay away from anything done before. The majority of the EU stuff of the 90s wasn't exactly child-friendly, with the aim then I think to appeal to the audience of the original films so that Star Wars had grown up with them. Disney's Star Wars will no doubt be aimed at the family audience. Would still have been cool to see some of the EU books make it to the big screen, particularly the stuff by Kevin J Anderson.

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 53
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 10:44:37 AM   
Timon

While I'd like to think they'd create new characters and cast off the shackles of the previous films, I'm willing to bet the new films will feature the Solo/Skywalker children... Which is a shame. All of that has been covered ad nauseum in books/comics/games and would just generate lots of fanboy wrath.

Go completely new - new stories, new characters, etc.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to KnightofZyryab)
Post #: 54
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 10:56:16 AM   
musht

quote:

Director/Writer - Whedon

Luke Skywalker - Zac Efron/Paul Dano/Michael Cera
Anakin Skywalker - Aaron Paul
Han Solo - Nathan Fillion
Princess Leia - Alison Brie
Padme - Mary Elizabeth Winstead
Obi-Wan - Kenneth Branagh
Mace Windu - Michael Jai White
Lando Calrissian - Don Cheadle
C-3PO - Simon Pegg
Darth Vader (voice) - Laurence Fishburne
Darth Maul - Scott Adkins
Count Dooku - Donald Sutherland
Palpatine - Anthony Hopkins

Job done. Roll on 2015.

Idris Elba would be much be better as Lando.

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 55
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 11:03:06 AM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

Director/Writer - Whedon

Luke Skywalker - Zac Efron/Paul Dano/Michael Cera
Anakin Skywalker - Aaron Paul
Han Solo - Nathan Fillion
Princess Leia - Alison Brie
Padme - Mary Elizabeth Winstead
Obi-Wan - Kenneth Branagh
Mace Windu - Michael Jai White
Lando Calrissian - Don Cheadle
C-3PO - Simon Pegg
Darth Vader (voice) - Laurence Fishburne
Darth Maul - Scott Adkins
Count Dooku - Donald Sutherland
Palpatine - Anthony Hopkins

Job done. Roll on 2015.

60% of those characters are dead.

How about

Director - Wes Anderson

Luke Skywalker - Jason Schwartzman
Han Solo - Bill Murray
Princess Leia - Olivia Williams/Tilda Swinton
Lando Calrissian - Danny Glover
C-3PO - Owen Wilson

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 31/10/2012 11:10:51 AM >

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 56
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 11:44:42 AM   
jobloffski

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Problem the sequels face

Making Episode 7 means you need a BIGGER BADDER THREAT, which devalues the previous six movies. Going to be hard to balance.

Nope, it means you bring back all the iconic villains of the franchise - Vader, Maul, Palpatine, Dooku. And find a way to build a story around them.

They'd probably treat current movie canon as movie canon. And the clone wars episodes (which are official canon) have resurrected Maul thusly,

His sheer hatred of all things Jedi kept his sectioned uper half alive and he crawled away, to be rediscovered by Obi Wan Kenobi years later, in a dark cave, insane, barely clinging to life, with spider like legs carrying him around as he attacked and feasted upon any living creature unwary enough to enter his lair (the whole thing was pretty freaky, and rather Shelob's lair-like).

The attachment of a pair of robotic legs and a teaming up with a brother who had been searching for him for years and an absolute, utterly psychotic intention of revenge upon Jedi, and depending on what the clone wars does with the character, there is a very easily extrapolated basis for a threat to a new republic and an equal to the Darth Vader type antagonist here.

Maul: The Jedi thought they had killed me. They killed my beloved master and destroyed everything we sought to build. I have never forgotten the suffering I experienced because of the jedi. And the time has come, Not to seek to rule the new republic, but to destroy everything that rose from the ashes of the old one."

A new republic would be taken by surprise by attacks led from the perspective of revenge for deeds of generations past that could involve the sudden appearance of armed forces that have been built up for decades, waiting for the time to strike. The peace of a new republic would not be prepared for ovewhelming forces striking at them.

There doesn't have to be a lot of time spent in exposition at the start. The crawl could refer to despite there being many years of uninterrupted peaceful existence for the New Republic rumours have always persisted of dark and dangerous shadows
looming over the Post-Empire era of the galaxy. The efforts of the reconstructed Jedi Order to locate the sources of the rumours have always proved to be in vain. Jedi Masters XXXXX and ZZZZZZ,, on a routine patrol mission to the debris strewn AAAARRRGGGHH!!!! System expect no surprises,..

So, er, they discover a massive fleet, manage to get a partial message home before being destroyed, the fleets from AAAAAARRGGHH!!! and elsewhere make their move. War has been declared on the New Republic, who know little about it, except for the partial message. Various planets try to work out what is going on as the fleets head their way, they are massively outnumbered, they know it, and when the feleets arrive, halfway through the films to wreak terrible havoc throughout the galaxy, by then we have been introduced to various main players, in various locations, and mass evacuations takep lace, many dont make it past barricades and a dogged, disparate band of main players meet at a secret rendezvous point to plan, with Jedi, and domestic forces how to respond.

Bit blah blah, but as always, off the top of my head.

Anyway, Maul can clearly feature, and aged Luke might feature, etc. At best guess, as owners of the previous continuity material Disney are not likely to piss on their own chips and disregard what has gone before, more likely it will be (heh) that established stories will be extrapolated from and dead jedi characters may make cameos, as force ghosts, and where there are unclear aspects of the Prequels, Disney may seek to incorporate badly executed ideas into better storytelling, and overall make the prequels seem a little 'better' ultimately, because of a wider context being created (maybe even reference to Padme's Death being Anakin Skywalker's fault, if he is referred to and has become a hero to the new republic after his redemption at the end of Jedi, particularly if Luke needs a storyline and something to create doubt in all he has believed in, creating something among many things that would deal with the worst situation you can encounter if you read a script and deduce that it really doesn;t work properly cos there's just a bunch of stuff happening, not properly motivated because "There is no conflict")

Ahem...

< Message edited by jobloffski -- 31/10/2012 11:51:50 AM >

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 57
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 11:53:16 AM   
TomTron

All Hail The All 'ighty Dollar!

They should forget about trying to expand on the original trilogy (they've molested it enough!) and just do a new original stand alone trilogy, none of this expanded universe nonsense.

< Message edited by TomTron -- 31/10/2012 11:59:19 AM >

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 58
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 1:06:09 PM   
film man aidy

Think it's almost a certainty that characters that can bridge the trilogies will be used such as C3PO, and R2D2. Anthony Daniels's bank manager must be rubbing his hands about now...Slight possibility of an aged Mark Hamill cameo style appearance....I think it's almost a given that none of the three original trilogy leads will be return in a proper capacity...

(in reply to TomTron)
Post #: 59
RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 - 31/10/2012 1:07:41 PM   
Dannybohy

Bring back Maul, but base him on the original concept drawings which are excellent. not a dwarf sith at all. Or bring back same guy and make his new robot legs taller! ;)

maul clicky

he was supposed to be wicked tall!!

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 31/10/2012 2:17:53 PM >

(in reply to TomTron)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI