Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: lucas films

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: lucas films Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: lucas films - 30/10/2012 11:34:52 PM   
manwihtheplan

quote:

And does that mean Disney have their hooks into Indiana Jones too?

Yes. A rebooted Indiana Jones franchise will mean a new actor playing the role. The franchise can't sustain itself with Ford playing the part. He's in his 70s so it will be a new actor as Indiana Jones. Well, I assume so. I guess Ford could return for one last film but it would make sense to reboot the franchise with a new actor.

< Message edited by manwihtheplan -- 30/10/2012 11:38:26 PM >

(in reply to manwihtheplan)
Post #: 31
Almost Certainly Good News - 30/10/2012 11:40:18 PM   
intelandroid

The prequels left a bad taste in my mouth, and nearly everyone else's, so this is probably a good thing. Get the right creative team in there-- making sure to keep Lucas out of the director's chair-- and the new movies could be amazing. They'll never be the original trilogy, but what is? There's no way any new Star Wars movie could've lived up to our collective memories of them, and that's the main reason the naysayers feel so strongly about the prequels. (No, scratch that. They really WERE mostly crap.)

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 32
nooooo..but intresting!!! - 30/10/2012 11:43:56 PM   
neil896

What will the ep 7,8 and 9 be about ???will it take on the Vong and Jasen Solo/Darth Caden stories which are awesome?? There is plenty of material as the star wars books are fab (well some!)
I would love to see it but i don't think disney would touch it..please Disney don't john carter-rise Star wars!

Post #: 33
Gotta get back in time - 30/10/2012 11:50:36 PM   
haranjen

It's just a shame they didn't buy it in 1999 and made a better job of the prequels

Post #: 34
that's some equity release - 30/10/2012 11:53:31 PM   
boristhespie

Great. Now Disney can get a great director (curacon for example) to go back and do the prequels right. Tell us who the Jedi are, why they are special and who the darkside is. Needs more mysticism. No computer generated shit. Use MODELS to mirror look and feel of originals. Make the worlds come alive and don't make a kids film. The originals were not overtly kids orientated, more dads taking their boys to the pictures but for their own selfish reasons orientated.

Badges, We don' need no stinking badgees.

(in reply to neil896)
Post #: 35
I will miss the 20th Century Fox logo - 31/10/2012 12:03:07 AM   
stevos

That was a big memory of the early films for me... And Universal/ Paramount for Indiana, presumably. But yeah Disney did screw up John Carter not from Mars, so let's hope they let them get on with it- like with Marvel. Could be a good thing, after the appalling sequels- but I don't doubt Lucas will still have his say on things...

And no Willow 2 please :-)

Post #: 36
Wats the worse that can happen?? - 31/10/2012 12:09:13 AM   
Jon 79

The only up side I can see, is maybe with the franchise in new hands they'll finally release the original trilogy theatrical cut in HD.
I'm not bothered about new films either way... The trilogy has already been tarnished by the prequels, I find it very unlikely that episodes VII to IX are going to be any worse! ...Right?
[Horizontal wipe to 3 years later]
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Post #: 37
RE: Wats the worse that can happen?? - 31/10/2012 12:19:37 AM   
Jimmyduudah

Well - this is a turn up - surely a new Star Wars movie where George Lucas is not totally in control can only be a good thing?

The director of the year for Disney has been Joss Whedon, might he be given the helm for this one? Interesting....

(in reply to Jon 79)
Post #: 38
RE: Wats the worse that can happen?? - 31/10/2012 12:29:19 AM   
rich

A reasonable summary of what we can likely expect

http://www.slashfilm.com/your-questions-answered-disney-purchase-lucasfilm-star-wars-episode-7/

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Jimmyduudah)
Post #: 39
Piss off Disney. - 31/10/2012 12:30:48 AM   
Fallen Giant

No no no no no. It's not about artistic expression it's about wanting to make more cash. They'll be determined to get back there $4 billion and then some. Their versions of Star Wars (i.e Black Hole and John Carter) sucked something terrible. They're no good at action movies. Star Wars has been ruined by Episodes 1 &2 and Clone Wars Indiana Jones by Crystal Skull and countless other franchises by incessant remakes/reimaginings. Some times you need to just leave a franchise be or to end up destroying the everything you love. Hollywood is very slow at learning lessons as it continues to repeat the same mistakes again. I don't think fans want more movies they just want people to stop tampering with the originals.

Disney is just a massive money printer now. I hope the CEOs die agonising deaths for their sins.

Post #: 40
It Seems The Empire Won - 31/10/2012 2:19:04 AM   
Asgard

It´s all said...

Post #: 41
The best Star Wars related news I've heard since 1999 - 31/10/2012 2:56:31 AM   
Jamie_M

What on earth is everyone complaining about? This is brilliant news. Instead of Lucas we can now have future Star Wars films created by different writers and directors. We could potentially have a Star Wars movie directed by Chris Nolan, Peter Jackson, James Cameron etc etc,, How is this a bad thing?
It's not like Disney stopped Pixar from makin great films or Marvel and Joss Whedon from makin a good Avengers movie

Post #: 42
The best Star Wars related news I've heard since 1999 - 31/10/2012 3:20:47 AM   
Jamie_M

What on earth is everyone complaining about? This is brilliant news. Instead of Lucas we can now have future Star Wars films created by different writers and directors. We could potentially have a Star Wars movie directed by Chris Nolan, Peter Jackson, James Cameron etc etc,, How is this a bad thing?
It's not like Disney stopped Pixar from makin great films or Marvel and Joss Whedon from makin a good Avengers movie

Post #: 43
Sorry for double post - 31/10/2012 3:24:21 AM   
Jamie_M

Damn submit button. Here's a link to an article with some info and questions we might have about the whole take over.

http://www.slashfilm.com/your-questions-answered-disney-purchase-lucasfilm-star-wars-episode-7/

Post #: 44
RE: One other thing... - 31/10/2012 3:32:28 AM   
Overmind

quote:

ORIGINAL: Porter

...Han didn't shoot first! You own it, you can fix it! Put it right and I'll buy all the toys for my kids over and over again!

What this guy said!

and.
Looking at Marvel and TRON and then casting a glance at the last three SWmovies (though epIII was good) I have no fear. I do know that the old Lucasfriends Spielberg and Coppola have been begging on their knees to direct a SWfilm. Now that can happen :)

"All suspects are to be considered guilty, period. Or else they wouldn't be suspects would they?" -TROOPS

(in reply to Porter)
Post #: 45
RE: that's some equity release - 31/10/2012 4:25:49 AM   
NeoBrowser

quote:

ORIGINAL: boristhespie
No computer generated shit. Use MODELS to mirror look and feel of originals.

This is the most disturbing thing I've seen on this thread! Why the hell would a company as advanced as Disney dump 30+ years of technology and rebate back to the horrible, horrible, horrible stop-motion and puppetry of the OT just to please a few old people who still think computers run by magic?

(in reply to boristhespie)
Post #: 46
A long time original fans wish. - 31/10/2012 4:46:02 AM   
trebor5

If Disney get it right,like they have with the Marvel franchise this could be a good thing.
But now that good old George is standing down please Disney,release the original untouched movies on blu-ray and satisfy the cravings of the original fans,after all were older now and were the ones with the money to re-buy them all over again.
Go on,release them and make a bucket load of cash out of us,because in this instance I wouldn't mind

Post #: 47
- 31/10/2012 4:59:59 AM   
Whistler

I don't really care. I've never been bothered by the prequels, and to my surprise, I even re-watched the original trilogy recently and I really wasn't that fussed about them. These new ones, you never know, they might be good...

Post #: 48
RE: that's some equity release - 31/10/2012 5:00:43 AM   
trebor5

We old people dont want all the CGI removed,just the lame added on bits of the special editions. I'm all for improvement but not at exspense of spoiling the film. All the extra stuff was put in because they could do it,not because the film needed it. Even Spielberg has corrected what he did with E.T. on the Blu-ray release.

(in reply to NeoBrowser)
Post #: 49
RE: that's some equity release - 31/10/2012 6:16:16 AM   
Overmind

quote:

ORIGINAL: trebor5

We old people dont want all the CGI removed,just the lame added on bits of the special editions. I'm all for improvement but not at exspense of spoiling the film. All the extra stuff was put in because they could do it,not because the film needed it. Even Spielberg has corrected what he did with E.T. on the Blu-ray release.

It is so true. If you want to see how the BlueRay treatment can be done go and watch the TRON-classic. It is perfect. CGI has been added, some scenes reedited, but very subtledly. You dont realy notice.
So I dont mind a polished classic trilogy.
The latest editions are a worst case scenario. Sould be shown to film students as a how to not do it.
Vader turned into a wining kid in Empire?

:edit:

But I do agree to the biggest consern. How will Disney aproach the fan fiction and spoofs?
Lucas is probebly the most liberal guy in Hollywood. You can produce a whole new trilogy if you want to as long as you dont make any money on it.

< Message edited by Overmind -- 31/10/2012 6:21:57 AM >

"All suspects are to be considered guilty, period. Or else they wouldn't be suspects would they?" -TROOPS

(in reply to trebor5)
Post #: 50
RE: that's some equity release - 31/10/2012 6:30:07 AM   
kumar

Im not sure how I feel about this. Star Wars has awesome concepts within it, but the whole saga is so poorly put together, even the OT has major problems. On one hand, I really dont want to see Star Wars 7 - the mythology is a load of pap. On the other, Disney has it, and Im a little bit excited to see what they might offer, especially if it is a REBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Overmind)
Post #: 51
I really don't know... - 31/10/2012 7:23:28 AM   
film man aidy

After seeing the news, and being completely shocked by this, I figured it must be a joke. But, no. It's happening. I really don't know how I feel about this after the last trilogy...And can Disney in charge really be worse than Mr Lucas directing again? Bring on Brett Ratner!

Post #: 52
RE: lucas films - 31/10/2012 7:44:36 AM   
Histeria

quote:

ORIGINAL: rphughes

i heard about another possible indiana jones, will these also be made by lucas/disney films?

Indiana Jones IP was indeed part of the deal with Disney.

(in reply to rphughes)
Post #: 53
RE: RE: - 31/10/2012 8:43:21 AM   
grucl

quote:

ORIGINAL: theoriginalcynic

Expect a Willow and Labyrinth remake.

Three words: Howard.The.Duck

(in reply to theoriginalcynic)
Post #: 54
- 31/10/2012 9:06:53 AM   
Rod Hull

Being a bit sad I'm kinda glad that there's another Star Wars. Even though the prequels were sub par compared to the originals, I still enjoyed them for the pure popcorn fun they were (taxation subplots notwithstanding). The fact that Kathleen Kennedy is going to be in charge can only be a good thing, nigh on all of the films she's presided over have been great fare.

The Thrawn trilogy, whilst being nigh on impossible due to the age of Ford et al, would be a great treat.

Post #: 55
Could be a good thing - 31/10/2012 9:11:03 AM   
brokenking

I suppose it really comes down to who writes and directs the films. We (the fans) might get lucky and Paul Thomas Anderson might sign on (we can hope!). Maybe we'll finally see what Spielberg can make out of Star Wars. Just so long as it isn't someone trying to ape Michael Bay or is Michael Bay (no offence to him but I really wouldn't to see his idea or good characters in a Star Wars film).

Another thing regarding the general look of the more recent Star Wars. Please stop using so much CGI and have make some real sets again. I don't care how fancy it looks when you're making it but the sets on the original trilogy made the films more 'real', the sets grounded the stories in a real world whereas, the CG sets make the prequel films looks hazy and insubstantial. Oh, while I'm being a miserable sod, stop allowing the designers to make things that they think look 'cool'. General Grevious (a CGI character) was an over designed wreck and had not a onuce of the presence of Darth Vader (a man in a suit) or the band in the original cut of Return of the Jedi (a load of puppets).

Post #: 56
RE: Could be a good thing - 31/10/2012 9:14:51 AM   
NCC1701A

I do not care what they do to Star Wars but I really hope they do not mess Indiana Jones up.

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to brokenking)
Post #: 57
Plenty of us freaked out when Disney bought Marvel - 31/10/2012 9:22:18 AM   
MusicLovesYou

And here we are, many months on and we've all been able to breathe a collective sigh of relief. The comics are continuing to go from strength to strength (X-Men Vs Avengers a particular highlight, for me personally at least) and the films are the same. Iron Man 3 looks excellent if the teaser is anything to go by and the whole damn Marvel Universe looks to be in good hands. Despite being shocked by the Star Wars news when I read it last night, that initial surprise eventually gave way to cautious optimism. George Lucas, without I suspect wanting to, properly bollocksed up the new trilogy with terrible scripts, directon so leaden it could absorb a nuclear bomb and woeful miscasting. But he's made his money and we should all be happy that potential people like Joss Whedon, Drew Goddard, Chris Nolan, Alan Taylor etc. will all get the chance to reinvigorate a universe with ludicrous potential. Just no midichlorian twattle please.

Post #: 58
Why not? - 31/10/2012 9:23:50 AM   
Jonda Fett

This has potential and I'll be watching every development as well as the films when they are released. If you're not happy about this news (disney purchasing star wars, not me being interested!)then just ignore it all and focus on the original trilogy which no one will ever come close to again! Let's see what other creative people can do.

Post #: 59
RE: The best Star Wars related news I've heard since 1999 - 31/10/2012 9:25:37 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jamie_M

There had to be one to mention Chris fuckin Nolan!!. yeh a Chris Nolan Starwars! that will be fun!!. we can have all the old cast sitting around a bar (not really, its a dreamworld created by an evil sith with a camp voice) in Mos Eisley covered in tattoos so they can remember who they are and which had to wipe their ass with, as the dementia sets in they start talking ludicrous dialogue in grizzly voices about being ready to die because they aint getting up to any decent action anymore!. ZZzzzzz

On another note, Im looking forward to a part 7, I hope they get some of the old cast back, Evil empires rising and falling never gets old

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 31/10/2012 9:27:05 AM >

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to Jamie_M)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: lucas films Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI