Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Force Is Strong With... Disney

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: The Force Is Strong With... Disney Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Force Is Strong With... Disney - 30/10/2012 9:17:14 PM   
ChickMagnet

quote:

ORIGINAL: tommyjarvis

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChickMagnet

Yeeeeah it kinda would be shit - some flicks need to be left the fuck alone - Godfather, The Shining, Taxi Driver and Star Wars all being part of that list of flicks.

Yeah that Godfather sequel was gash, wasn't it?

I'm up for this. Episodes VII-IX without Lucas's shitty dialogue could be immense.

I was meaning more them going back and redoing the flicks again, the sequels I've got no problems with.

(in reply to tommyjarvis)
Post #: 31
RE: The Force Is Strong With... Disney - 30/10/2012 9:19:55 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

Oh, and let's not forget Indiana Jones. Do you think they'll want a 5th film or a spin-off or something?

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 32
RE: The Force Is Strong With... Disney - 30/10/2012 9:23:32 PM   
vad3r

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

quote:

Great news. More Star Wars > Less Star Wars. Who doesn't want brand new SW motion pictures? The only negative is we have to wait until 2015.

Director/Writer - Whedon

Luke Skywalker - Zac Efron
Anakin Skywalker - Aaron Paul
Han Solo - Nathan Fillion
Princess Leia - Alison Brie
Obi-Wan - Kenneth Branagh
Mace Windu - Michael Jai White
Lando Calrissian - Don Cheadle
C-3PO - Simon Pegg
Darth Vader (voice) - Laurence Fishburne
Darth Maul - Scott Adkins
Count Dooku - Donald Sutherland
Palpatine - Anthony Hopkins

No, that would be shit.

No, it won't be shit. That's a great director/writer/cast combination for this reboot. Whedon doesn't let people down.

Yeeeeah it kinda would be shit - some flicks need to be left the fuck alone - Godfather, The Shining, Taxi Driver and Star Wars all being part of that list of flicks.

But lets say hypothetically they did remake the series, Zack bleeding Effron as Luke Skywalker?

Godfather, The Shining and Taxi Driver? . They're not epic sci fi franchises with expanded universes. Star Wars was made to have countless sequels, reboots, re-imaginings, remakes etc. It's not a one-off type of film like Black Swan for instance.

Zac Efron is perfect for Luke Skywalker. He's proven he can act with Me & Orson Welles and 17 Again. He's not the kid from High School Musical any more.

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 33
RE: The Force Is Strong With... Disney - 30/10/2012 9:25:53 PM   
DancingClown

More info:

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=35636

Astronomic Tune Boy

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 34
RE: The Force Is Strong With... Disney - 30/10/2012 9:30:53 PM   
Skiba

I seem to remember a graphic novel in the 90s, set after Jedi, that had the darkside rising again and Luke pretending to turn...it also had Leia and Han having kids that were wanted by the darkside. Luke's like "yeah I'll turn them for you" but then he's like "only kidding! I'm still a Jedi so fuck you!"

Could be that but more likely:

< Message edited by Skiba -- 30/10/2012 9:32:57 PM >

Have a good time, all the time.

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 35
RE: The Force Is Strong With... Disney - 30/10/2012 9:31:29 PM   
superdan

quote:

quote:

Oh, and let's not forget Indiana Jones. Do you think they'll want a 5th film or a spin-off or something?

That thought makes me shudder, as it gave birth to this one:

Indiana Jones: The Adventures of Mutt

I can't wait for the straight-to-dvd cross-over film where Mutt gets to swing through the trees with King Louie and Aladdin's pet monkey.

Post #: 36
RE: The Force Is Strong With... Disney - 30/10/2012 9:33:00 PM   
ChickMagnet

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Great news. More Star Wars > Less Star Wars. Who doesn't want brand new SW motion pictures? The only negative is we have to wait until 2015.

Director/Writer - Whedon

C-3PO - Simon Pegg

No, that would be shit.

No, it won't be shit. That's a great director/writer/cast combination for this reboot. Whedon doesn't let people down.

But lets say hypothetically they did remake the series, Zack bleeding Effron as Luke Skywalker?

Godfather, The Shining and Taxi Driver? . They're not epic sci fi franchises with expanded universes. Star Wars was made to have countless sequels, reboots, re-imaginings, remakes etc. It's not a one-off type of film like Black Swan for instance.

Zac Efron is perfect for Luke Skywalker. He's proven he can act with Me & Orson Welles and 17 Again. He's not the kid from High School Musical any more.

Sci-fi or not, some films should never be remade and Star Wars is definitely one of them, continue the story? Go for it, have at you, but no matter what you say - I personally feel Efron is a shite actor, and shouldn't be anywhere near the role of Luke

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 37
RE: The Force Is Strong With... Disney - 30/10/2012 9:34:04 PM   
vad3r

quote:

quote:

We don't know in what form this so-called "reboot" will be. Who says it's going to be a remake anyway?

quote:

Ocean's 11, Dawn of the Dead, True Grit, 12 Monkeys, Funny Games, Scarface, 3:10 to Yuma, The Magnificent Seven, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Solaris, The Ring, The Fly, Cape Fear, The Departed, Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, Let Me In, Insomnia,

All of the above remakes are just as good if not better than their originals.

All this proves is that you have an opinion. In no way does it validate your shit re-make ideas.

I'm pretty sure it's not going to have the same cast as 1977 reprise their roles. It's safe to say it'll be a reboot of some sort.

No, it proves that remakes can be just as good if not better than their originals. Don't write a film off because it's a remake of something.

quote:

Post #: 38
RE: The Force Is Strong With... Disney - 30/10/2012 9:34:29 PM   
Rebel scum

quote:

Zac Efron is perfect for Luke Skywalker.

"But I was going to Toshi Station to practice my sweet dance moves!"

"We are not safe! A dark menace rises to the east! Duckies go quack! Cows go moo! I want ice cream. Verily, will you two hobbits join my quest?"

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 39
RE: The Force Is Strong With... Disney - 30/10/2012 9:38:27 PM   
DancingClown

I think Luke Skywalker should be played by Corey Haim.

Astronomic Tune Boy

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 40
RE: The Force Is Strong With... Disney - 30/10/2012 9:39:07 PM   
Shifty Bench

Joss Whedon can't do the new Star Wars films he is doing Avengers 2 and that will be out the same summer.....

Oh, and does this mean that Leia will now be many people's favourite Disney Princess?

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Rebel scum)
Post #: 41
RE: The Force Is Strong With... Disney - 30/10/2012 9:42:32 PM   
Rebel scum

I really hope there are Disney crossovers. I can't wait till the Jonas Brothers/Max Rebo one.

"We are not safe! A dark menace rises to the east! Duckies go quack! Cows go moo! I want ice cream. Verily, will you two hobbits join my quest?"

Post #: 42
RE: The Force Is Strong With... Disney - 30/10/2012 9:43:47 PM   
vad3r

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Director/Writer - Whedon

C-3PO - Simon Pegg

No, that would be shit.

Sci-fi or not, some films should never be remade and Star Wars is definitely one of them, continue the story? Go for it, have at you, but no matter what you say - I personally feel Efron is a shite actor, and shouldn't be anywhere near the role of Luke

Who said they're remaking A New Hope? It clearly says they're going to go ahead with Episode 7. Hence it's a continuation of the story with the old cast and crew replaced.
Apart from knowing him as the Disney teen from High School Musical (we all have to start somewhere), what else have you seen him in? His work so far is more impressive than Mark Hamill before he was Luke. Who would you cast instead?

quote:

Post #: 43
RE: The Force Is Strong With... Disney - 30/10/2012 9:47:55 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

quote:

quote:

We don't know in what form this so-called "reboot" will be. Who says it's going to be a remake anyway?

quote:

Ocean's 11, Dawn of the Dead, True Grit, 12 Monkeys, Funny Games, Scarface, 3:10 to Yuma, The Magnificent Seven, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Solaris, The Ring, The Fly, Cape Fear, The Departed, Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, Let Me In, Insomnia,

All of the above remakes are just as good if not better than their originals.

All this proves is that you have an opinion. In no way does it validate your shit re-make ideas.

I'm pretty sure it's not going to have the same cast as 1977 reprise their roles. It's safe to say it'll be a reboot of some sort.

No, it proves that remakes can be just as good if not better than their originals. Don't write a film off because it's a remake of something.

Congratulations on missing my point. I love Ocean's 11, The Thing, Cape Fear, regardless of them being remakes. Others would disagree. My point being that listing a bunch of films that you reckon to be superior as if to say "yeah, here's my proof" does not necessarily validate the point of remaking Star Wars. If it's being remade at all.

On the other hand it could prove that perhaps remakes work when someone like you clearly hasn't had a hand in the casting.

Reboots and remakes are not always the same thing. Why would you want to see the originals remade anyway? They're so iconic. Create new stories.

Astronomic Tune Boy

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 44
RE: The Force Is Strong With... Disney - 30/10/2012 9:54:37 PM   
tommyjarvis

I for one am delighted at this tbh. I'd much rather see a new Star Wars trilogy than another bunch of Marvel superhero films.

"I've been too honest with myself, I should have lied like everybody else"

My Top 101 Rock Songs - The first Audiophile list to actually get completed!

Post #: 45
RE: The Force Is Strong With... Disney - 30/10/2012 9:54:51 PM   
Shifty Bench

Oh, I've got another one! Does this mean we'll get more Star Wars Holiday Specials?!? Shown on the Disney Channel? I bloody hope so!

Post #: 46
RE: The Force Is Strong With... Disney - 30/10/2012 9:57:01 PM   
Hood_Man

Iron Man vs Darth Maul.

Post #: 47
RE: The Force Is Strong With... Disney - 30/10/2012 9:58:15 PM   
superdan

quote:

I for one am delighted at this tbh. I'd much rather see a new Star Wars trilogy than another bunch of Marvel superhero films.

I'm quite happy to have both.

(in reply to tommyjarvis)
Post #: 48
RE: The Force Is Strong With... Disney - 30/10/2012 9:58:25 PM   
vad3r

quote:

Joss Whedon can't do the new Star Wars films he is doing Avengers 2 and that will be out the same summer.....

This is under the assumption that Joss Whedon is a mere mortal.

2011-2012 he's written 4(!) screenplays, 1 mini-series, 1 documentary, 1 motion comic, 1 book, 1 comic-book. Directed 2 films, 1 mini-series.

Also, take into account all the fan conventions, panels, interviews, blogs etc. he does for his fans (which is more than any writer or director working today).

< Message edited by vad3r -- 30/10/2012 10:06:54 PM >

quote:

Post #: 49
RE: The Force Is Strong With... Disney - 30/10/2012 10:01:32 PM   
emogeek

quote:

Not sure how any fan of science fiction could say this. Terminator, Alien and Star Wars have such huge universes and ideas to explore. We've barely scratched the surface of their potential.

This is perfectly true.

Unfortunately, the endless sequels are not made to take advantage of this.

Disney say they aim to have Episode VII out for 2015. However, they don't make any mention of having a script ready or even in development.

This therefore suggests that there is no idea of what they want the film to be. So far from a film being developed that explores and expands on the Star Wars universe, it's more likely that they will get a bunch of people in a room and ask them to deliver them a script for a new Star Wars movie to start shooting in 6 months.

If they waited until a genuine new and exciting idea comes along to produce a sequel, then all well and good.

Sadly they usually just say something along the lines of "Hey, wouldn't a female terminator be ace" "Yes - can you get it done ready for summer 2003"

For all their faults, at least with the prequels Lucas genuinely had an idea as to expanding his universe, and had a story that he wanted to tell.

EDIT: Have just read the Empire article where it notes that there is a treatment for Episode VII. However, it still strikes me as Disney making a statement. We can make a new SW and therefore we will.

< Message edited by emogeek -- 30/10/2012 10:06:19 PM >

The Fear Of Blood Tends To Create Fear For The Flesh

Have you ever been halfway through eating a horse and then realised you weren't as hungry as you thought you were?

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 50
RE: The Force Is Strong With... Disney - 30/10/2012 10:02:27 PM   
emogeek

quote:

Oh, I've got another one! Does this mean we'll get more Star Wars Holiday Specials?!? Shown on the Disney Channel? I bloody hope so!

Is there anything now to prevent them from releasing the original holiday special?

Have you ever been halfway through eating a horse and then realised you weren't as hungry as you thought you were?

Post #: 51
RE: The Force Is Strong With... Disney - 30/10/2012 10:02:50 PM   
vad3r

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

I'm quite happy to have both.

This.

quote:

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 52
RE: The Force Is Strong With... Disney - 30/10/2012 10:05:38 PM   
ChickMagnet

quote:

Who said they're remaking A New Hope? It clearly says they're going to go ahead with Episode 7. Hence it's a continuation of the story with the old cast and crew replaced.
Apart from knowing him as the Disney teen from High School Musical (we all have to start somewhere), what else have you seen him in? His work so far is more impressive than Mark Hamill before he was Luke. Who would you cast instead?

Well you did talk earlier in this thread about your love of remakes, and if its a continuation why bastardize the characters from the movies that already exist? Plus why re-do the cast? Set it 30-40 years in the future, and you can do a film surrounding how Ben Skywalker gets tempted by the Dark Side and Luke helps him with his decisions - that way there would be no need to recast everyone's favourites.

I've actually seen Me and Orson Welles, very underwhelmed by his performance, I tried to watch Charlie St Cloud and give him another chance, lasted about 45 minutes and gave in as I just couldn't stand it.

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 53
RE: The Force Is Strong With... Disney - 30/10/2012 10:06:07 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: emogeek

quote:

Is there anything now to prevent them from releasing the original holiday special?

The fact that George has destroyed every copy?

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 54
RE: The Force Is Strong With... Disney - 30/10/2012 10:07:01 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

quote:

The holiday special can't be anymore embarrassing than The Phantom Menace.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 55
RE: The Force Is Strong With... Disney - 30/10/2012 10:07:24 PM   
superdan

I wonder if this means we'll get to see the proper original trilogy on Blu-Ray at some point?

Post #: 56
RE: The Force Is Strong With... Disney - 30/10/2012 10:09:43 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

quote:

Well you did talk earlier in this thread about your love of remakes, and if its a continuation why bastardize the characters from the movies that already exist? Plus why re-do the cast? Set it 30-40 years in the future, and you can do a film surrounding how Ben Skywalker gets tempted by the Dark Side and Luke helps him with his decisions - that way there would be no need to recast everyone's favourites.

Well said, sir. If the SW universe is so rich with possibilities, as some are saying, then why re-tread overly familiar ground? I'd want to see new stories.

New stories that are still linked to the past and relevant to the SW canon.

< Message edited by DancingClown -- 30/10/2012 10:15:28 PM >

Astronomic Tune Boy

Post #: 57
RE: The Force Is Strong With... Disney - 30/10/2012 10:11:06 PM   
emogeek

It's just struck me - how weird is it going to be to see a Star Wars movie starting with the Disney Castle doodah and "When You Wish Upon A Star"....

Post #: 58
RE: The Force Is Strong With... Disney - 30/10/2012 10:13:12 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

It's just struck me - how weird is it going to be to see a Star Wars movie starting with the Disney Castle doodah and "When You Wish Upon A Star"....

Yeah, it certainly won't be the same without the Fox fanfare.

Astronomic Tune Boy

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 59
RE: The Force Is Strong With... Disney - 30/10/2012 10:19:25 PM   
vad3r

quote:

quote:

I've actually seen Me and Orson Welles, very underwhelmed by his performance, I tried to watch Charlie St Cloud and give him another chance, lasted about 45 minutes and gave in as I just couldn't stand it.

There's no way a film studio, Disney or otherwise, is going to spend this kind of money on SW Ep 7 to have characters no one other than hardcore fans have heard of. Everyone knows who Luke Skywalker, Yoda, Darth Vader, Han Solo, Princess Leia, Chewie, C-3PO, R2-D2 and Darth Maul are. It's ridiculous to have a Star Wars film without them because some purist hardcore fans don't want someone else in their roles.
Personally, I'm excited to see who's going to be cast and will leave judgement until I've seen their performances. No one thought Heath Ledger could top Jack's Joker.

His best performance is in 17 Again. I think it's between him, Paul Dano or Michael Cera for the role.

quote:

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: The Force Is Strong With... Disney Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI