Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Dismal and Pretencious

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Dismal and Pretencious Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Dismal and Pretencious - 22/11/2012 11:51:29 AM   
dinkydog

Really like Andersons other movies. Really enjoyed " There will be Blood ". The music score was interesting but the film became very tedious and difficult to sit through after an hour. The rating of 5 stars by the critics here and other strong reviews is a case of high brow intellectual Spiffing. The movie seems aimless and lost like the characters in it. It's about L Ron Hubbard. Everyone knows it is but this is deniedby the makers and anderson.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
RIVETING STUFF!!!! - 23/11/2012 6:29:22 PM   
Ramone87

A quite masterful tale from writer director Paul Thomas Anderson.

It revovles around deserter and drifer Freddie Quell discharged from the Navy and on route to total self destruction,...until he meets enigmatic 'Cult' Leader Lancaster Dodd and his Cause Committee.

What plays is a great character study of at times repulsive, arrogant and selfish Freddie Quell as he illegally boards a ship on route to New York on one of his many drunken binges and Meets Dodd after packing his job in typically outrageuos and violent fashion....where he literally takes lighting in a photo shoot to new extremes!

But his chance meeting with Lancaster put's his dreary aimless life into excruciating focus. Pheonix delivers a great portrayal of a man in complete denial of his obvious flaws and inability to come to terms with them. In reflection Hoffmans Brilliantly played Dodd is of a similiar predicament,...both men of absolute umcompromise.

The clashes inbetween Freddie and Dodd as he references his holy text of 'The Cause' movement are forced upon him are riveting and at times uncomfortable to watch. Dodd does his utmost to convince Freddie of his revolutionary mind travel methods of healing but Feddies 'animal' is always luring underneath,...wating to explode.

Cue some intense moments as Dodd and co are arrested for not having a license to preach his strange methods. Both men erupt violently in a similiar manner,...it's contradictory in many ways Dodd teaches not to use violent methods but eventually they both succumb.

Some other great performances also from the female leads in particular, Dodds stern and intense wife Peggy played by Amy Adams is even more willing to do anything for the Cause and it's radical beliefs.

It's visually sumptious as well as having a great score and not a second goes by without being completly engrossed and involved with these troubled but exciting characters. it's just something Paul Anderson has great way of evoking,...great stories about people fictitous or factual. There are answers to be found here,..the meaning of life...'Laughter' as Dodd speals in one of his lectures while also in another breaking into song and dance, all the while searching for that ultimate goal of achieving complete spiritual pefection. Whereas Freddie is just so much more physical in his views, at times grasping Dodds philosiphies and then lurching back into bad habits in spectacular fashion...

It really is film everyone should see, in these men you see parts of you both the good and the bad,...a complete anaysis in many ways of the human condition.

GO SEE IT!!!

Post #: 32
- 25/11/2012 12:49:04 PM   
Whistler

The Master is an extremely esoteric and enigmatic character study that somehow manages to remain strangely gripping, even though, as PTA himself has pointed out, it's extremely low on narrative. For this reason, I can completely understand why many people won't take to it. The driving force is the characters, and if the performances aren't enough to draw you in, you may find yourself lost in a story-less void grasping for something to invest yourself in. Fortunately for me I did find the characters and performances compelling and magnetic enough to allow me to go along with it - and the wonderfully unusual soundtrack helped too. In all honesty, I'm still not sure I knew exactly what it all meant, but I know I enjoyed it at the time. Certainly a strange one.

Post #: 33
RE: The Master - 29/11/2012 2:12:18 AM   
demoncleaner

Yes, I'd just like to go on record of re-recording my thoughts on The Master and take this opportunity to cast misgivings on any petty misgivings I initially had about it and say I think it's an absolute masterpiece. I wasn't much of a fan of PTA's earlier work, I almost had a binary response to his films: Hard Eight was pretty decent (I saw it after Magnolia). Boogie Nights I just thought was "meh", I only saw it once, like David St Hubbins would say it just never passed my transum...I had and still have no response or opinion about it. I really, really liked Magnolia (again I've only seen it once), it was deeply, deeply contrived but worth it for the devastating scenes that it pulled out of the hat to give half-assed justification to the contrivance.

Punch-drunk Love (I've only seen it once) I absolutely despised. There Will Be Blood floored me...absolute worship was my response to that. But still, there's a guilt in liking that too, because after holding its substantial cards close for all of its running time, it kind of "shoots its load" tonally in a giddy apoplectic release. I love TWBB, it's a stone cold 5/5 masterpiece, but there's a slight guilt issue with it, in terms of having to defend it in the pub against cynical mates.

The glory of The Master is that PTA has become slightly less contrived. Easier to defend in other words. But the joy for me is this idea that he is still Mr. Contrivance, that he is still a shallow film maker at heart (like Kubrick) in that his first impulse is to make "cool" Cinema, imagery and movement, in stillness, then in a concert dynamic that just looks... fucking... cool. And in order to make a valid excuse of doing that PTA's side effect (particularly of his last two films) is to contrive a substantial subject matter to drape those cool images around (just like Kubrick). At heart, it's playful, it's mischief, but the real result is a fucking cool Cinema aesthetic!

Now that sounds like criticism, that sounds like sneering, But the current joy of PTA is that the "side effect", that is, the secondary substance he puts behind his writing, and of course, the substance behind the acting performances (I'm just talking about his last 2 here) means that these are INCREDIBLY SUBSTANTIAL, MEATY AND FASCINATING fillums that - just in case people are getting too self-important or analytic about - are simply thrilling, giddy, beautiful motherfuckers that dance on the full expanse of Cinema's canvas (that sounds a bit wanky cause I'm listening to Kate Bush as I type this...but that doesn't stop it being true!)

But yes, PTA is now, for me, the most exciting filmmaker we have. My own personal theory about him is that he is far more playful than he's given credit for. At the start, the overhead shot with Freddie lying over the gunwale (fuck knows if that's what it's called) with the sailors desultorily throwing banana skins up at him; the foot-chase pan across the arrid terrain when he "poisons" the vegetable picker. The next one-shot, where he walks up to the boat, and the camera overtakes him and "walks" on ahead "walking crab-like", focusing on Dodd's boat which is anchored, and therefore isn't moving, but which looks like it's humping past us in the other direction; uncaring; we're sitting in cinema seats, relaxed, but feeling that huff and hump of Freddie and the camera taking us past. What I mean is an idea of fluent movement but natural, and not steady-cam slick. We have a moment of the fluid movement, that is mesmeric to watch but one that also puts us in there at the same point.

The "pick a point" scene! Don't get me started on the "pick a point" scene, In my own reading of the film it's exhibit A in own my theory of picking a shallow reason to film something "cool". This is the way I think that was conceived. A) PTA wants to film a vintage motorcycle going like jimmy-o across that terrain B) Dodd is a fucking child that wants a shallow excuse to go like billy-o on a motorcycle across that terrain. C) Dodd invents a profound mental exercise to make that happen D) The marriage of shallow enterprise between fiction-maker and fictional character prove the point of utter shallowness in The Cause. E) Meanwhile this great character of Freddie escapes Dodd and PTA... and the film! with a fixed, pragmatic expression which clearly says "fuck this for a game of cricket"

Joy upon joy, a really giddy, ambitious, pleasantly articulate and "heavy" film, if you want it to be. Kubrick and David Lean (for different reasons) would love this. A satiric wag of the finger, not of cults per se, but geared toward anyone that can be beguiled by charismatic knobs with an inchoate and fucking tenuous grasp of common sense, all wrapped up in a veneer of Cinema (Cinema with a capital C) from someone who is skilled enough to make the art form look organic, not "polished" like David Fincher (who I fucking love) and Michael Bay (who I fucking don't).

5/5

Second best film of the year.*

The 1st best is Berberian Sound Studio by the way. Everyone spare a thought for wee British Peter Strickland who has made 2 humble internationally based masterpieces, off his own entire bat with his first two. Empire should rightly celebrate Ben Wheatley as a wry, cult, alternative, but I think wee Mr. Strickland is a burgeoning, unassuming wee master who can do "Cinema" (with a capital C) for "Real" with a capita R-rrrar!". Please give him the attention he deserves, otherwise he'll grow middle-aged and obverse indulgent, and no one needs another Mike Figgis on our hands!

< Message edited by demoncleaner -- 29/11/2012 2:53:41 AM >

Post #: 34
Paul Thomas Anderson Does It Again - 29/11/2012 12:22:00 PM   
blaud

Probably the most fulfilling film I've seen this year, The Master is a classy and passionately told story about an affected war vet who comes under the instruction of the eponymous 'master'. First and foremost, the performances are stellar- if Joaquin Phoenix doesn't win anything for this performance it will be a sad day in motion picture history. The story is typically Anderson, contrived and involving, even if it is a little lite this time.The theme of the 50s is well realized, the characters are well rounded and interesting, and the script is wonderful. As always with Anderson's films, I do have some concerns regarding cohesion within the story, as there are a few occasions when links in the plot seem tenuous at best. Fortunately, though, this is rare in this film. It may not be Anderson's best film, but he has again crafted a vivid and startling vision that has the best performances of the year.

Post #: 35
Boring - 30/11/2012 11:22:54 AM   
richardpettet

About half way through this film Joaquin Phoenix character is trapped inside a prison cell next to Seymour Hoffman's character and keeps yelling "Shut the F**K up!!" over and over. That's how I felt throughout the entire film. Scenery properly chewed, dull, almost pointless characters, pretentious beyond words. And that's coming from someone who enjoyed Days of Heaven, which you could level the same at.

Post #: 36
RE: The Master - 1/12/2012 10:59:54 AM   
Qwerty Norris

quote:

ORIGINAL: demoncleaner

The 1st best is Berberian Sound Studio by the way. Everyone spare a thought for wee British Peter Strickland who has made 2 humble internationally based masterpieces, off his own entire bat with his first two. Empire should rightly celebrate Ben Wheatley as a wry, cult, alternative, but I think wee Mr. Strickland is a burgeoning, unassuming wee master who can do "Cinema" (with a capital C) for "Real" with a capita R-rrrar!". Please give him the attention he deserves, otherwise he'll grow middle-aged and obverse indulgent, and no one needs another Mike Figgis on our hands!

I take it you saw Katalin Varga then demoncleaner? I loved that film, personally I preferred it to Berberian - even though I really liked that as well.

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to demoncleaner)
Post #: 37
RE: The Master - 5/12/2012 2:17:25 AM   
demoncleaner

quote:

ORIGINAL: Qwerty Norris

quote:

ORIGINAL: demoncleaner

I take it you saw Katalin Varga then demoncleaner? I loved that film, personally I preferred it to Berberian - even though I really liked that as well.

I did indeed Qwerty, it was a chronic case of "went out the next day and bought it" and I thought it was an impeccable little gem. I instantly fell in love with Katalin. I'm a big Garbo fan and am always on the look out for an unsettling beauty that could play her in a biopic and Hilda Peter (thank you IMDB) could be exhibit A. To bring this conversation back to The Master there's that same immense satisfaction of getting a second film validation from one's own next-big-thing auteur. I prefer Berberian in the end, because the mature tonal mix of chills and giggles demonstrated how the director had to be more adept at handling that swing and this made it a more accomplished fill-um for me. There's the crazy, brash aesthetic of the horror movie titles, the continental culture clash comedy of manners played soooo genteely (a Charlie Kaufman film for people who don't like Americans) and more nods to European cinema than the giallo red-herring premise let's on (there's Fellini's Edgar Allen Poe short Toby Dammit; a Bunuel gag about dreaming you're going to bed and the spacey narrative dumping ground end that was straight out of Hour of the Wolf). All of this made it the best film about the making of films that I've ever seen. Meek, likeable, articulate and mad as a box of badgers.

(in reply to Qwerty Norris)
Post #: 38
RE: The Master - 24/1/2013 2:32:16 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

I really should have seen this when I had the chance.

(in reply to demoncleaner)
Post #: 39
LISTOWEL CINEMA FILM CLUB-- january 31 - 2/2/2013 6:47:10 AM   
bill the butcher

we all know day lewis will win the oscar for LINCOLN
but after watching joaquin phoenix in the master
i think he should win
it is the kind of performance deniro used to give
an actor really pushing the limits
amazing stuff

Post #: 40
RE: LISTOWEL CINEMA FILM CLUB-- january 31 - 10/2/2013 1:10:27 AM   
Coyleone

I'm a huge PT Anderson fan, I think he's one of the best directors working today and I think a lot of his stuff verges on pure brilliance (Magnolia for example). This is probably his least accessible film to date, it's hardly got a narrative and is pretty much a character/actor driven piece of film making. It has moments of that brilliance, but for me it didn't fully engage me in the way his other movies did. It's still a pretty damn fine piece of film making though.

The performances are what really get you through this film, it has some interesting themes such as the Scientology or similar beliefs, but the performances of Phoenix and Hoffman are stunning and are impossible to look away from. Phoenix steals the movie with his amazing portrayal of a drunken 'animal' who is seemingly lost in the world after he returns from the war. He plays being confused, angry, stubborn and sympathetic sometimes all at once and it's amazing to watch. For me though, although Phoenix steals the movie, Phillip Seymour Hoffman is the best actor in the world, and has been for some time now. He's so good as the leader of this belief in spiritual rehabilitation, who acts so calm and in control of everything, but always has this aura about him that something is bottled up inside, and there are a few really powerful moments when his anger gets the better of him and he suddenly switches from quiet and relaxed to angry and loud in a split second. The character itself is really well written, especially towards the end when it seems he's doubting his own cause.

The cinematography is beautiful, and the score as always with PTA films is brilliant, although it wasn't used in the genius way it was in Magnolia or Punch Drunk Love. Everything feels really authentic which always adds to a film set in this time period (the 50's for anyone wondering). It's long but never drags, and it's a completely dialogue driven film and isn't really anything like Anderson's other work, and it didn't have that almost surreal atmosphere that I love so much about his work, but it's very engaging and the performances will blow you away and keep you glued to the screen 100%. It's open to interpretation what the film might really mean, and people will definitely have different opinions on it's themes, it does deal with belief after all which will obviously always be a dividing topic, but different people will take different things from it's final scenes, and that's great.

My only complaint would be that it is very slow paced in parts and so doesn't engage as much as I would have hoped for, but if you stick with it, it's a very rewarding film, and easily one of the best films of 2012. Not as good as some of Anderson's high end work like Magnolia or Boogie Nights (also totally different), but that isn't a bad thing.

8.5/10

(in reply to bill the butcher)
Post #: 41
RE: Emperor's New Clothes - 13/2/2013 9:09:18 PM   
ElephantBoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: vladimirimp

5 stars? You've got to be kidding. This was the most pretentious film I have seen in a very long time. I happened to see it in a theatre in the US some weeks ago, with a bunch of movie buffs working in the film industry - Oscar winners actually. So when it thankfully ended I wondered if perhaps I'd missed something. Maybe it was too high brow for me? Maybe you need to be REALLY into films to enjoy it. No. They all thought it was utter twaddle.

Great visuals, yes. Amazing acting, absolutely. But where was the story? It was like watching 2 hours of improv rehearsals. Detestable characters too. Yuck, yuck, yuck. I wish I could spit out the nasty taste it left in my mouth.

I know this was ages ago, but I must respond, "who says you need a story"? Not every film has to be storyline driven. Like David Lynch, Anderson is someone who constantly plays with cinemas conventions. The Master is character driven, and when you have such vivid characters and two wonderful performances, but the dazzling visually style and great music to you need much else?

(in reply to vladimirimp)
Post #: 42
- 22/2/2013 9:48:06 PM   
TheGodfather

The Master
Finally there was another Paul Thomas Anderson film. And what a great one it was! Again it`s something very special, as we`ve come to expect from him.
It`s slow, it has a bit of a stranger vibe and is being carried for the full two hours by the acting masterclasses by Phoenix and Seymour Hoffman. What a brilliant performances those two give!! The one isn`t necessarily better than the other, both are brilliant. Insane.
Amy Adams shouldn`t be left unmentioned though, she plays PSH`s wife and is essentially is the villain of the piece.
In modern day Hollywood Anderson still is pretty much and outcast and delivers nothing but weird and wonderfull films. The Master is no exception, one that is difficult to compare to anything else.
One that`ll profit from multiple viewings. Curious to see how I like the next time I see it...

8,5/10

Post #: 43
- 12/3/2013 8:12:47 PM   
danfacey711

Uneven, offbeat, yet beautifully shot and stunningly acted.

Post #: 44
Same old Empire - 13/3/2013 3:52:31 PM   
david hayes

Pretentious wankery of the highest order, coming to expect thid from most 5 star Empire films

Post #: 45
WORTH SEEING..... - 17/6/2013 5:27:08 PM   
ROTGUT

Remember that old Alec Guinness quote from Star Wars? “ Who’s the more foolish? The fool or the one who follows him?” It’s post world war 2 and some people were at a loose end and looking for answers. They’d follow any old crackpot – as long as they were happy and successful and had a true sense of belonging. Most people can identify with ideas of depression and social alienation which seem to be the two major themes presented here. Of the actors, Phillip Seymour Hoffman once again proves what a smart and versatile performer he is - and you’d be hard pressed to recognise the fairy tale princess Amy Adams when her face hardens and she starts turning into an evil Lady Macbeth. Joaquin Phoenix (on the other hand) just seems to be dialling in his best Marlon Brando impersonation but still, you can’t fault the obvious dedication to his craft. Paul Thomas Anderson is a fearless film maker who doesn’t seem to be worried about offending anyone. Pretentious? Perhaps. Long winded? Most definitely. But usually there’s some kind content or reason behind it – unlike Terrence Malick’s awful Tree of Life debacle which was two hours of my life that I can never EVER get back. As a film, The Master is not a crowd pleaser – but there again I don’t think it’s meant to be. Still worth seeing though.. …….THREE STARS

Post #: 46
WORTH SEEING..... - 17/6/2013 5:27:09 PM   
ROTGUT

Remember that old Alec Guinness quote from Star Wars? “ Who’s the more foolish? The fool or the one who follows him?” It’s post world war 2 and some people were at a loose end and looking for answers. They’d follow any old crackpot – as long as they were happy and successful and had a true sense of belonging. Most people can identify with ideas of depression and social alienation which seem to be the two major themes presented here. Of the actors, Phillip Seymour Hoffman once again proves what a smart and versatile performer he is - and you’d be hard pressed to recognise the fairy tale princess Amy Adams when her face hardens and she starts turning into an evil Lady Macbeth. Joaquin Phoenix (on the other hand) just seems to be dialling in his best Marlon Brando impersonation but still, you can’t fault the obvious dedication to his craft. Paul Thomas Anderson is a fearless film maker who doesn’t seem to be worried about offending anyone. Pretentious? Perhaps. Long winded? Most definitely. But usually there’s some kind content or reason behind it – unlike Terrence Malick’s awful Tree of Life debacle which was two hours of my life that I can never EVER get back. As a film, The Master is not a crowd pleaser – but there again I don’t think it’s meant to be. Still worth seeing though.. …….THREE STARS

Post #: 47
Good but not great! - 2/7/2013 1:45:59 PM   
guysalisbury

There is no way on earth this is a 5 star film. It was far too long and tried so hard to be (as my shoreditch friend from work would say) Kooky! There is no denying that phoenix and hoffman are both excellent and it certainly had its moments but compared to a few other PTA films like There will be blood, punch drunk love and epecially Boogie Nights, I really thought this was average at best. C+ (must try harder)

Post #: 48
fuck you empire - 23/3/2014 2:47:16 AM   
RLTShirley

well i spent about an hour writing my review for what i considered to be the most thought provoking and chalenging films of the last 10 years only to click 'submit' and find my entire review deleted so now im gonna knock off four stars and blame it on empire because im drunk.
in all seriousness though, perfectly shot beautiful soundtrack and career best performances all round (although can seem quite pretentious but without ever taking sides enough to be preachy)

if it delets this time im fire bombing the empire offices dressed as mr blobby.

Post #: 49
RE: - 1/9/2014 1:21:32 PM   
Vitamin F

A weak narrative made this hard work for me.
Yes, the cinematography is excellent. Yes, the acting is top notch, as expected. But around the half-way mark I was beginning to feel the drudge of a 2.5 hour film about, well, not that much to be honest. And it's biggest crime? By the end of it I had still no real idea about Lancaster's motivation for hanging on to Freddie as a companion. What exactly was he getting from the relationship? It never seemed that clear, beyond Freddie's booze provision!

No doubt this is one that may require another go, but it was so off-putting the first time round that it could be years before I would want to watch it again. And I had a lot of expectation, since TWBB is one of my all-time favourites, a real 'watch anytime' gem of a film!

The most interesting thing was from around the halfway mark I was trying to picture every scene with both actors playing the other's role - the film could certainly have been made this way as both actors could so easily do 'troubled drunk' and 'spellbinding orator' so convincingly! Still wouldn't have solved the weak narrative problem though...

< Message edited by Vitamin F -- 1/9/2014 1:22:57 PM >

(in reply to RLTShirley)
Post #: 50
RE: - 1/9/2014 5:06:12 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: RLTShirley

well i spent about an hour writing my review for what i considered to be the most thought provoking and chalenging films of the last 10 years only to click 'submit' and find my entire review deleted so now im gonna knock off four stars and blame it on empire because im drunk.
in all seriousness though, perfectly shot beautiful soundtrack and career best performances all round (although can seem quite pretentious but without ever taking sides enough to be preachy)

if it delets this time im fire bombing the empire offices dressed as mr blobby.

An example of why alcohol is not our friend...

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to RLTShirley)
Post #: 51
RE: Good but not great! - 6/9/2014 3:37:28 PM   
ElephantBoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: guysalisbury

There is no way on earth this is a 5 star film. It was far too long and tried so hard to be (as my shoreditch friend from work would say) Kooky! There is no denying that phoenix and hoffman are both excellent and it certainly had its moments but compared to a few other PTA films like There will be blood, punch drunk love and epecially Boogie Nights, I really thought this was average at best. C+ (must try harder)

Again, I know this is a old post, but guysailisbury if you are still around I fail to see how anyone can call the Master Kooky! Yes, it is not for everyone and is a tough watch, but are hardly talking about a Wes Anderson film here

(in reply to guysalisbury)
Post #: 52
RE: Good but not great! - 10/9/2014 11:06:26 PM   
rich

After finally getting stuck into There Will Be Blood and finding it to be an impressive piece of work, it has to be said The Master is a let down. This is an acting master class, and it all looks and sounds amazing, but beyond the quality of the players, their journey is oddly unsatisfying and never comes to any apparent conclusions about the nature of the various subject matters at hand, which is a shame since it has fascinating ideas to explore. Is it a study of the weak under pressure, of ego mania or simply a look at post war culture clashes and fledgling pseudo sciences? Freddie is an amazing creation, a twisted and slowly unraveling wreck of a man - but to what end? It's never clear what exactly makes him so actively violent towards the naysayers speaking out against his new found club, or how he comes to a point that makes it acceptable to move on in his life. The cult itself moves from court room scandal to book publishing and school openings, yet it's uncertain if this is a clear success for it's leaders and how things are actually moving along and if the damage they are doing is going to bite them later on. Is it worth further exploration or is it just as vapid and hollow as the cult itself? I wish I could tell you.

3/5

< Message edited by rich -- 10/9/2014 11:08:11 PM >

Meanwhile...

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 53
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Dismal and Pretencious Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI