Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Looks decent!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Looks decent! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Looks decent! - 25/10/2012 11:05:11 AM   
guysalisbury

I'm not usually a fan of remakes but I think this looks good. When approaching this film I think the best thing to do will be not to think of it as a remake at all. They don't look like they have tried to capture the essence of the original at all (the original was more funny and scary). I would rather see a film where I don't know every single thing that is going to happen (like the totally pointless remake of let the right one in!). If it scares the hell out of me then as far as I'm concerned, they have done a good job..... And this looks scary! I will of course wait for the empire review and see what some of you goons have to say about it before I commit. I'm very selective about the cinema nowadays. It's just to damn expensive :)

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
RE: - 25/10/2012 11:06:04 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

I think this Film is looking to be purposefully unlike the original in certain aspects.
I think its going to be alot more even grounded interms of realism and drama,But it'll obviously keep the manic tension and the sense of doom upon all those involved in this nightmarish situation.

What I do find humorous is the fact that Evil Dead could be regarded as now having two remakes ie Evil Dead 2 and now Evil Dead (2013).
And rether you agree that Evil Dead 2 was a remake or not you have to say this film looks far more comparative to the original Evil Dead 1981 film than that of the 1987 movie.

But I will say this.The Trailer didn't do much for me.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 25/10/2012 11:18:13 AM >

(in reply to chris wootton)
Post #: 32
RE: Evil Dead Trailer Screams In - 25/10/2012 11:34:40 AM   
DaveTheStampede

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

"OMG THIS LOOKS SO SHIT EVEN THOUGH THE TRAILER IS ONLY A MINUTE LONG AND PROBABLY ISN'T TRULY REPRESENTATIVE OF THE FILM'S OVERALL QUALITY!!! LOZL!11"

No, looks pretty good to me.

So... it looks pretty good to you, even though the trailer is only a minute long and probably isn't truly representative of the film's overall quality?

Interesting...

Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four.
If that is granted, all else follows

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 33
RE: - 25/10/2012 11:37:35 AM   
UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: chris wootton

All the cast look about 18 is what I'm saying.

They're the same age as Campbell was when he made the first, some are older.

As for "generic", see my earlier comment.

(in reply to chris wootton)
Post #: 34
Scarier than I was expecting. - 25/10/2012 12:05:02 PM   
Nicky C

I'm not a puritanical idiot so I think it's cool that they've done something new with it. Looks a lot more horrifying than the original as the comedy element has been ditched. Hopefully this will be properly horrible. I like a good scare.

Post #: 35
RE: Evil Dead Trailer Screams In - 25/10/2012 12:07:41 PM   
talpacino

quote:

ORIGINAL: DaveTheStampede

quote:

"OMG THIS LOOKS SO SHIT EVEN THOUGH THE TRAILER IS ONLY A MINUTE LONG AND PROBABLY ISN'T TRULY REPRESENTATIVE OF THE FILM'S OVERALL QUALITY!!! LOZL!11"

No, looks pretty good to me.

So... it looks pretty good to you, even though the trailer is only a minute long and probably isn't truly representative of the film's overall quality?

Interesting...

Isn't that the point of a trailer? To show you a small glimpse of a film to see if it interests you?

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to DaveTheStampede)
Post #: 36
RE: Evil Dead Trailer Screams In - 25/10/2012 1:03:27 PM   
DaveTheStampede

quote:

ORIGINAL: talpacino

Isn't that the point of a trailer? To show you a small glimpse of a film to see if it interests you?

Yes. But that wasn't the point of my comment. I never thought that subtlety was one of my strong points...

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 37
RE: Evil Dead Trailer Screams In - 25/10/2012 1:04:41 PM   
talpacino

Hah. Sorry.

< Message edited by talpacino -- 25/10/2012 1:05:39 PM >

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

Post #: 38
RE: Evil Dead Trailer Screams In - 25/10/2012 1:06:55 PM   
DaveTheStampede

It's all good

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 39
RE: Evil Dead Trailer Screams In - 25/10/2012 1:11:44 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

Interesting...

OK, you got me there.

I'm trying to be positive about this. It's a good trailer.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 40
RE: Evil Dead Trailer Screams In - 25/10/2012 1:22:23 PM   
DaveTheStampede

quote:

I'm trying to be positive about this.

Positivity? Ah, yes, I remember that

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 41
RE: Without Ash... - 25/10/2012 2:20:46 PM   
kingalan

quote:

ORIGINAL: waltham1979

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

Unfortunately a lot of nasty mutilations didn't make Evil Dead the classic series we have now. No personality at all to be seen, the money should have been spent on a sequel.

Oh, come on now, it's not as if the original Evil Dead was this Hitchcockian flick that relied on psychological horror as opposed to lashings of gore. I mean, it had a demonic rapist tree in it!

Also: you're judging this film on a minute worth of footage.

Isn't that kind of the point of trailers? To make you want to watch it.

Personally I just think it looks like any other horror movie to be honest. That said I think we do look at the Evil Dead series with rose tinted glasses, but the main problem this has is that if you had The Evil Dead films without the Ash character then they would probably only be remembered for being banned once. The Ash character made those films - he was an original, funny character...this looks like a lot of teens getting butchered in fairly bog-standard ways...

I was hoping for something genuinely creepy and funny (think Cabin Fever, Slither etc). Instead this looks like it will just be another experiment in how much we can push bad taste. Thats what the original did; but it did it with panache, originality and fun.

Could be wrong; I suspect I'm not!

To be fair, Ash wasn't really the selling point of the first film. In fact, even with him absent it would still be as strong as it is. I'd say the thing that stood the original out was the relentless, non-stop assault of effects, scares and gore. There's a certain sadistic throw-everything-at-the-camera charm of the original which has never been equalled in my opinion (as much as I love Evil Dead 2). Once it kicks off there really is nothing out there, before or since, quite like it. Ash is barely more than the basic 'survivor' character.

He becomes the Ash we know and love when he gets all maimed up and groovy.

As for the trailer. I was fundamentally against a remake of one of my all time favourites but it has peaked my interest somewhat. Couldn't have eaten more humble pie when the Dawn Of The Dead remake came out so I'll remain intrigued for now.

(in reply to waltham1979)
Post #: 42
RE: Without Ash... - 25/10/2012 3:40:06 PM   
waltham1979

quote:

ORIGINAL: kingalan

quote:

ORIGINAL: waltham1979

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

Unfortunately a lot of nasty mutilations didn't make Evil Dead the classic series we have now. No personality at all to be seen, the money should have been spent on a sequel.

Oh, come on now, it's not as if the original Evil Dead was this Hitchcockian flick that relied on psychological horror as opposed to lashings of gore. I mean, it had a demonic rapist tree in it!

Also: you're judging this film on a minute worth of footage.

Isn't that kind of the point of trailers? To make you want to watch it.

Personally I just think it looks like any other horror movie to be honest. That said I think we do look at the Evil Dead series with rose tinted glasses, but the main problem this has is that if you had The Evil Dead films without the Ash character then they would probably only be remembered for being banned once. The Ash character made those films - he was an original, funny character...this looks like a lot of teens getting butchered in fairly bog-standard ways...

I was hoping for something genuinely creepy and funny (think Cabin Fever, Slither etc). Instead this looks like it will just be another experiment in how much we can push bad taste. Thats what the original did; but it did it with panache, originality and fun.

Could be wrong; I suspect I'm not!

To be fair, Ash wasn't really the selling point of the first film. In fact, even with him absent it would still be as strong as it is. I'd say the thing that stood the original out was the relentless, non-stop assault of effects, scares and gore. There's a certain sadistic throw-everything-at-the-camera charm of the original which has never been equalled in my opinion (as much as I love Evil Dead 2). Once it kicks off there really is nothing out there, before or since, quite like it. Ash is barely more than the basic 'survivor' character.

He becomes the Ash we know and love when he gets all maimed up and groovy.

As for the trailer. I was fundamentally against a remake of one of my all time favourites but it has peaked my interest somewhat. Couldn't have eaten more humble pie when the Dawn Of The Dead remake came out so I'll remain intrigued for now.

I suppose having looked at the trailer again through the eyes of it being a remake of Evil Dead as oppossed to Evil Dead 2 it does fit better...

You know I actually can't argue with any of your points......hate it when that happens

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting

(in reply to kingalan)
Post #: 43
RE: Evil Dead Trailer Screams In - 25/10/2012 3:44:46 PM   
waltham1979

quote:

quote:

I'm trying to be positive about this.

Positivity? Ah, yes, I remember that

Positivity about a film?! On the Empire forum?!

STAMP IT OUT!! STAMP IT OUT NOW!! KILL IT WHERE IT STANDS!!

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting

Post #: 44
So... - 25/10/2012 3:54:37 PM   
logan 5

is it me or is there a homage to a certain young girl in the Exorcist classic going on here in this image from the up coming re-make re-boot re-envisaging re-take re-vamp ( re-diculous ) horror classic...?

Post #: 45
Speechless - 25/10/2012 7:23:55 PM   
bnicholson50

There are no words. They got the director of "ataque de Panico" to direct a bog standard cabin in the woods movie and slapped an "evil dead" sticker on it. There are no words.

Post #: 46
Come on people! - 26/10/2012 1:36:27 AM   
DeadEvil

Come on People! Always such a fuss made about remakes! I'm a HUGE fan of the cult classic we know and love as the Evil Dead but.... my god this trailer looks BRILLIANT

From what I know about Sam Raiimi, this is what he always wanted to achieve but couldnt at the time given his finances and the era the original was shot. Our perception of what is 'scary' has changed since the 70's. The Evil Dead was a brilliant flick for it's time, but with today's standards it doesnt weigh up. I love the fact that people are re-making some of the classics. So many times I've watched another classic horror movie from my collection and wandered what they could do with it today given today's budget and technology. Some flop, but some are brilliant! This looks scary and sadistic as s***t. Bring it on!

Post #: 47
Come on people! - 26/10/2012 1:56:05 AM   
DeadEvil

Come on People! Always such a fuss made about remakes! I'm a HUGE fan of the cult classic we know and love as the Evil Dead but.... my god this trailer looks BRILLIANT

From what I know about Sam Raiimi, this is what he always wanted to achieve but couldnt at the time given his finances and the era the original was shot. Our perception of what is 'scary' has changed since the 70's. The Evil Dead was a brilliant flick for it's time, but with today's standards it doesnt weigh up. I love the fact that people are re-making some of the classics. So many times I've watched another classic horror movie from my collection and wandered what they could do with it today given today's budget and technology. Some flop, but some are brilliant! This looks scary and sadistic as s***t. Bring it on!

Post #: 48
RE: Come on people! - 27/10/2012 9:54:16 AM   
Wild about Wilder

The only half decent horror remake I really can think of is The Hills Have Eyes.

(in reply to DeadEvil)
Post #: 49
sweet - 27/10/2012 10:05:07 PM   
Captain Corelli

sweet trailer, man!

Post #: 50
looks pretty good - 27/10/2012 10:54:39 PM   
lewisb548

It looks fairly gruesome and it looks quite scary as well, it seems as if the guy with the glasses will be like the new Ash, either that or bits of Ash's personality will be infused into the lot of them any ho it looks enjoyable and I hope it isn't shit.

Post #: 51
RE: Come on people! - 29/10/2012 8:51:56 AM   
waltham1979

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wild about Wilder

The only half decent horror remake I really can think of is The Hills Have Eyes.

I would say the best one I've ever seen is the Dawn of the Dead remake...which is hard to say as the original is one of my favourite films of all time!!

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 52
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Looks decent! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI