Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Christmas Computer Game Apathy

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> Christmas Computer Game Apathy Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Christmas Computer Game Apathy - 24/10/2012 12:54:49 PM   
Timon

Is it just me or are there no decent computer game releases this season?

This time last year I had my pick of MW3, Uncharted 3, Arkham City and Skyrim, but at the moment there don't appear to be any games on the Christmas horizon that I see myself craving.

Colonial Marines, Tomb Raider and Lives of Us all come out next year, and Black Ops 2 isn't driving me wild with anticipation, so what am I missing?

What games should I have my eyes on this festive season?

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh
Post #: 1
RE: Christmas Computer Game Apathy - 24/10/2012 1:00:45 PM   
jcthefirst

Halo is the only one on my radar really, and even then I'm not too bothered about it. I want Dead Sapce 3, but that's not out til February.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 2
RE: Christmas Computer Game Apathy - 24/10/2012 1:01:58 PM   
vad3r

Assassin's Creed 3, Hitman: Absolution, Far Cry 3, Halo 4, Black Ops 2, Dust 514, Lego Lord of the Rings, Resident Evil 6, Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale, NFS Most Wanted, WWE 13

^
Just to confirm, those aren't a list of games I'll be buying. Just a list of games being released around christmas.

< Message edited by vad3r -- 25/10/2012 12:47:26 AM >

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 3
RE: Christmas Computer Game Apathy - 24/10/2012 1:40:00 PM   
talpacino

First few reviews for Hitman are very good so far. I'm enjoying Dishonoured a lot at the moment. Only other game I'll probably pick up is AC3 for some Christmas Day playtime. There's plenty others that look interesting that others have mentioned for you to look out for.

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 4
RE: Christmas Computer Game Apathy - 24/10/2012 2:13:52 PM   
Sleazy

Just Halo and Assassins Creed for me, I buy COD every year and dont enjoy it, then I saw the TV ad and I reckon this year will be no different

Gamertag: Sleazycome

PSN ID: Sleazytoon

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 5
RE: Christmas Computer Game Apathy - 24/10/2012 4:40:47 PM   
directorscut

All you need.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 6
RE: Christmas Computer Game Apathy - 24/10/2012 7:57:28 PM   
kata

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

XCOM

All you need.

Hello Commander.

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 7
RE: Christmas Computer Game Apathy - 24/10/2012 8:35:30 PM   
From_Hell

Lego Lord of The Rings, Far Cry 3, Assassin's Creed 3 and possibly Halo 4. First quarter 2013 looks much more promising though...

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 8
RE: Christmas Computer Game Apathy - 24/10/2012 9:36:27 PM   
James2183

Assassins Creed 3, Hitman, Blops 2 and XCOM for me.

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 9
RE: Christmas Computer Game Apathy - 24/10/2012 9:43:53 PM   
Scott_

Ass Creed for me. I'm gonna wait and see how Farcry 3 turns out aswell, I liked 2 alot (despite never completing it) and the idea of a massive island where I'm free to explore ruins, take pictures, hunt animals and/or shoot people in the head gets me all excited.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 10
RE: Christmas Computer Game Apathy - 24/10/2012 10:18:24 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

It's the inevitable dry spell before the new consoles, we'll still get some gems but mostly just sequels and derivative rubbish like Ass Creed 3 (Read Ass Creed 4), Halo 4 (Read Halo 8) and BLOPS II (Read COD 4000). Admittedly I'll probably end up getting the latter.

The judge is still out on Hitman, the forced incorporation of multiplayer and the horrible requirement for almost all games to move towards a sandbox setup and be "casual gamer friendly" mean they could have ruined the formula, that and the fact IO haven't made a good game since the last Hitman.

Resident Evil 6 looks a bit meh, the demo certainly didn't sell it to me, but it may be wort picking up when it's £15 or so.

Dishonoured does look interesting, and may tempt me into a purchase, but my main focus looks to be the racing genre this Xmas with both Forza Horizons and NFS Most Wanted (2012) looking rather tasty.

Other than those two and possibly Hitman, I'm likely to wait till the inevitable collapse in prices in January/February.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 11
RE: Christmas Computer Game Apathy - 24/10/2012 10:41:08 PM   
rich

XCOM, Dishonoured, maybe Hitman if they haven't ruined it, maybe RE6 but only when it's dirt cheap. Was hoping Bioshock Infinite might be out by now but it's next year now.

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 12
RE: Christmas Computer Game Apathy - 25/10/2012 12:14:51 AM   
Saltire

I always get Assassin's Creed around Christmas time, it's a tradition for me these last few years.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 13
RE: Christmas Computer Game Apathy - 25/10/2012 12:23:37 AM   
giggity

Was quite disappointed in the lack of games for christmas this year considering how fantastic last year was, even more annoyed at the fact so many great looking games are coming out early next year.

I was planning on getting Resident Evil 6 for christmas but since seeing all of the reviews and playing the demo, I think i'll just wait until I see it pre-owned somewhere next year for about £15. Since then i've decided to ask for Sleeping Dogs instead and maybe some games off of PSN like Jet Set Radio

But it still grinds me just how many great games are out early next year, most of which were postponed from this year, The new Devil May Cry, Dead Space 3, Aliens: colonial marines, Tomb Raider, God of War: Ascension and The Last of Us which at the beginning of the year was hoping would be my big christmas game this year.

Due to staying off of games from January onwards until I complete my degree, I won't get to play any of these until July at the earliest, but if this is the drought before the next wave of consoles starts, I may just save buying a bunch of the games above and ask for them for christmas next year, they'd be dirt cheap by then so i'll have an awesome crimbo next year haha.

< Message edited by giggity -- 25/10/2012 12:25:25 AM >

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 14
RE: Christmas Computer Game Apathy - 25/10/2012 8:10:07 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saltire

I always get Assassin's Creed around Christmas time, it's a tradition for me these last few years.

Same I'll also probably get Dishonoured too so at least I'll have something to keep me occupied until The Last Of Us, Watch Dogs and Bioshock Infinite.

My Aussie Film Thread - Film #7 - Patrick (1978)

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 15
RE: Christmas Computer Game Apathy - 25/10/2012 9:43:22 AM   
Timon

You see I've never been particularly taken with the Assassin Creed series. My cousin lent me the second one, and while I was playing it, I was just wishing I was playing Uncharted. I'll take a look at this Dishonoured though...

Or maybe I should go and complete all the side missions in Arkham City.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

(in reply to scarface666brooksy!!)
Post #: 16
RE: Christmas Computer Game Apathy - 25/10/2012 9:48:55 AM   
talpacino

Timon - "Help everyone. I need a new game! HELP!"

Everyone - "Here's 4000 recommendations with loads of different views and opinions. Go get 'em!"

Timon - "Cool. I think I'll just play this old game I have."

Currahee!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 17
RE: Christmas Computer Game Apathy - 25/10/2012 10:27:37 AM   
Chief

quote:

I used to too but having a three year old running about and a wife that wants me to help out making food and shit means game time on the day has shrunk to zero. I just get drunk instead.

Hopefully I'll still be playing Halo 4 by then and whatever Lovefilm sends me.

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 18
RE: Christmas Computer Game Apathy - 25/10/2012 10:30:45 AM   
talpacino

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

quote:

I used to too but having a three year old running about and a wife that wants me to help out making food and shit means game time on the day has shrunk to zero. I just get drunk instead.

I haven't played the last couple but I really enjoyed 2 and like the look of this one. I hope there's plenty of wandering off in the wilderness to do like in RDR.

Currahee!

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 19
RE: Christmas Computer Game Apathy - 25/10/2012 10:49:35 AM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: talpacino

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

quote:

I haven't played the last couple but I really enjoyed 2 and like the look of this one. I hope there's plenty of wandering off in the wilderness to do like in RDR.

2 was the last/only one I completed. Enjoyed Brotherhood but never played Revelations. 3 looks pretty tasty but I think I'm so out of touch with the story that I wouldn't have a clue what was going on with Desmond.

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 20
RE: Christmas Computer Game Apathy - 25/10/2012 11:04:38 AM   
talpacino

Shite. Someone told me you wouldn't need to have played the other 2 to be up on the story, that they were kind of separate to the main continuity. To youtube I go.

Currahee!

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 21
RE: Christmas Computer Game Apathy - 25/10/2012 11:06:40 AM   
Chief

quote:

Shite. Someone told me you wouldn't need to have played the other 2 to be up on the story, that they were kind of separate to the main continuity. To youtube I go.

Well I might be wrong (happened once before a long time ago), Desmond might have nothing to do with the others.

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 22
RE: Christmas Computer Game Apathy - 25/10/2012 11:08:13 AM   
Timon

quote:

Timon - "Help everyone. I need a new game! HELP!"

Everyone - "Here's 4000 recommendations with loads of different views and opinions. Go get 'em!"

Timon - "Cool. I think I'll just play this old game I have."

I'm so hard to please! But seriously, you guys have given me some ideas, so I'll take a look.

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 23
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> Christmas Computer Game Apathy Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI