Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Recommendations please: specific emotions in movie scenes

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Knowledge Base >> Recommendations please: specific emotions in movie scenes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Recommendations please: specific emotions in movie scenes - 23/10/2012 10:34:17 AM   
redfuse

Hi all,

For a university project I'm trying to find movie scenes in which one (or more) of the characters clearly expresses a specific emotion. It's about the following emotions. I included the definition of the emotion as it is used in our study.

Loneliness
To experience an emptiness, yearning distress and/or solitude, resulting from inadequate quantity or quality of social relationships.

Abuse
To experience being damaged or deprived of something by someone’s mistreatment.

Rejection
To experience a state of being deliberately excluded of attention, respect or love.

Humiliation
To experience a state of being reduced to a lower moral standing, caused by a socially or morally unacceptable act of oneself or another.

So I'm looking for scenes where a character is experiencing one (not all) of these emotions.

Any recommendations are very welcome! Thanks in advance!
Post #: 1
RE: Recommendations please: specific emotions in movie ... - 23/10/2012 10:36:14 AM   
UTB

Any PT Anderson film covers pretty much all of these

(in reply to redfuse)
Post #: 2
RE: Recommendations please: specific emotions in movie ... - 23/10/2012 10:50:36 AM   
redfuse

Thanks for your recommendation! Do any specific scenes from his movies spring to mind as showing (one of) these emotions?

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 3
RE: Recommendations please: specific emotions in movie ... - 23/10/2012 11:00:48 AM   
elab49

Homework isn't generally allowed without a discussion starting but we do normally allow along the lines of - can you recommend a film about x,y,z - which is why this was left. But there's a line over which you'll have to do the work yourself. So hopefully you'll get film recs but anything else you'll have to watch them. 

Rules can be found in the Movie Musings sub-forum.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to redfuse)
Post #: 4
RE: Recommendations please: specific emotions in movie ... - 23/10/2012 9:33:50 PM   
redfuse

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Homework isn't generally allowed without a discussion starting but we do normally allow along the lines of - can you recommend a film about x,y,z - which is why this was left. But there's a line over which you'll have to do the work yourself. So hopefully you'll get film recs but anything else you'll have to watch them. 

Thanks for pointing that out and keeping the thread up. Of course every help is welcome, and I am more than willing to do some work and look up the scenes people suggest. Having said that, it does actually validate the study more if people have some specific examples, as it is not just my opinion of which scenes are appropriate. But again, every help is welcome

Any other suggestions?

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 5
RE: Recommendations please: specific emotions in movie ... - 29/10/2012 5:21:44 AM   
benny the jet

Lars and the Real Girl- for loneliness...maybe

That means we only have thirty minutes to get you up that tree

I fucking love tea. Its my favourite drink after coffee and alcohol

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=585511933

(in reply to redfuse)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Knowledge Base >> Recommendations please: specific emotions in movie scenes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI