Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: _In Our Lifetime_

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: _In Our Lifetime_ Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: _In Our Lifetime_ - 25/10/2012 8:45:37 AM   
crimond

I believe we are currently at a tipping point where either one of two things will happen:

1. People around the world will realise as a growing number of people in the UK do that religion is a collection of some nice, some not so nice stories and parables about how we should live our life’s and nothing more. People will realise that some people are just bad and some are good and religion has nothing to do with it. Live and let live will be the motto.

2. People around the world will continue to go backwards into religious fundamentalism, believing that anyone who doesn’t share their views are wrong and therefore evil. Religion will play too big a part in politics (America et al) and influence policy etc. Wars will ignite because of this.

I know which one I am hoping for.

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 31
RE: _In Our Lifetime_ - 25/10/2012 5:25:39 PM   
UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: crimond

People around the world will continue to go backwards into religious fundamentalism, believing that anyone who doesn’t share their views are wrong and therefore evil.

Interesting that you think this is "backwards". Has it gotten worse in the areas of the world you are thinking about or has it simply just not changed at all?

(in reply to crimond)
Post #: 32
RE: _In Our Lifetime_ - 25/10/2012 9:41:19 PM   
donethinking

a pedo-meter, instantly detects pedos....then the pedoplus-meter, which also makes their balls fall off.

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 33
RE: _In Our Lifetime_ - 25/10/2012 10:21:59 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: donethinking

a pedo-meter

?

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to donethinking)
Post #: 34
RE: _In Our Lifetime_ - 25/10/2012 10:42:41 PM   
donethinking

Ha! I guess i should have spelt it properly but it seems its already been thought of...

Post #: 35
RE: _In Our Lifetime_ - 26/10/2012 10:07:04 AM   
Titanm21

The decline of "Youth"

By that I mean that children from 10yrs up over wont indulge in their childhoods like we did. They will be pressure from Advertising/TV to "act" older than they are. Think back to when you were 13/14 and how kids acted compared to today. I dont know if its a bad thing or not, just hate to see kids not allowed to be kids if you get my meaning.

www.TrailerHouseMusings@Blogspot.com

Join us for all the latest trailers in the world of Gaming, TV and Movies [also Facebook and Twitter]

(in reply to donethinking)
Post #: 36
RE: _In Our Lifetime_ - 28/10/2012 9:23:01 PM   
Mister Coe

The Rolling Stones finally calling it a day and admitting that they've been shit since 1980.

... pause...

Oh wait, that'll never fucking happen...

Say what now?

Post #: 37
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: _In Our Lifetime_ Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI