Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: What Underated Films Will Be Future Classics

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: What Underated Films Will Be Future Classics Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What Underated Films Will Be Future Classics - 25/10/2012 11:09:25 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: giggity

quote:

ORIGINAL: Coyleone

The Dark Knight Rises

I know this is a joke but I think in a few years after the hype and expectation has died down, Rises will be appreciated more by fans (cos it's still pretty good from critics standpoint) and it will stand on an equal footing with Begins and Dark Knight. May still be the weakest but you wont have people saying things like its complete garbage or its the phantom menace of the batman films or other retarded statements.

I dunno! I think he was serious. although I dont think it will ever be a classic and hopefully when someone does a decent batman movie again people will realise how boring and up its own arse the Nolan trilogy is.

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to giggity)
Post #: 31
RE: What Underated Films Will Be Future Classics - 25/10/2012 11:14:22 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

I dunno! I think he was serious. although I dont think it will ever be a classic and hopefully when someone does a decent batman movie again people will realise how boring and up its own arse the Nolan trilogy is.

How is Nolans Batman Trilogy "Up its own arse"?

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 25/10/2012 12:31:47 PM >

(in reply to DJ Rob C: Mark II!)
Post #: 32
RE: What Underated Films Will Be Future Classics - 25/10/2012 9:44:48 PM   
Letattz

Take Shelter (more missed classic).

Cars. Yes Cars.

Charlie, give your mother a kiss, or I'll kick your teeth in.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 33
RE: What Underated Films Will Be Future Classics - 25/10/2012 11:14:09 PM   
siegfried

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

quote:

quote:

The Dark Knight Rises

I know this is a joke but I think in a few years after the hype and expectation has died down, Rises will be appreciated more by fans (cos it's still pretty good from critics standpoint) and it will stand on an equal footing with Begins and Dark Knight. May still be the weakest but you wont have people saying things like its complete garbage or its the phantom menace of the batman films or other retarded statements.

Along with virtually every other film Nolan has made. Nice to find someone who agrees with me - I was beginning to think that I was the only Forum member who felt that way.

"Premeditated murder is one thing, but I will not have lying in this house."

Marriage is one of those things that is best gotten over with in youth - like chicken pox.

Not only is there no God, but try getting a plumber on weekends.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 34
RE: What Underated Films Will Be Future Classics - 26/10/2012 9:40:53 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: siegfried

quote:

quote:

quote:

The Dark Knight Rises

Along with virtually every other film Nolan has made. Nice to find someone who agrees with me - I was beginning to think that I was the only Forum member who felt that way.

Off-topic:
But how are his films up his own arse?

I have yet to see TDKR but I've seen pretty much all his other works and I'm yet to feel disappointed.
I find all his films intriguing/interesting and he is one of very few directors who creates good/great solid movies.

The only critiscm I find is not directed from Nolan himself more the case from other people/Journos who proclaim his films to be ubber intelligent when the fact is they are as intelligent as they need to be.
He's a very good accomplished Director who will only get better.

On topic:
What Underrated Films Will Be Future Classics?
Where The Wild Things Are.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 26/10/2012 9:46:12 AM >

(in reply to siegfried)
Post #: 35
RE: What Underated Films Will Be Future Classics - 26/10/2012 10:08:11 AM   
wdruck

quote:

ORIGINAL: Letattz

Good call, Take Shelter's a phenomenal movie seen by far too few people.
I think Werner Herzog's Bad Lieutenant will be recognised in the future for all its insane awesomeness
Let Me In was fantastic as well and seems to get little credit, I actually prefer the original but still, as a remake its awesome and should have been seen by way more people.
Step Brothers will go down as a comedy classic, definitely.

(in reply to Letattz)
Post #: 36
RE: What Underated Films Will Be Future Classics - 26/10/2012 2:18:54 PM   
SwozTheRevenge

quote:

ORIGINAL: wdruck

quote:

I think Werner Herzog's Bad Lieutenant will be recognised in the future for all its insane awesomeness
Let Me In was fantastic as well and seems to get little credit, I actually prefer the original but still, as a remake its awesome and should have been seen by way more people.
Step Brothers will go down as a comedy classic, definitely.

Absolutely

@ChairmanBLAOW

(in reply to wdruck)
Post #: 37
RE: What Underated Films Will Be Future Classics - 26/10/2012 3:22:21 PM   
vad3r

Not even getting a dvd release over here.

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to SwozTheRevenge)
Post #: 38
RE: What Underated Films Will Be Future Classics - 26/10/2012 3:30:51 PM   
MonsterCat

It's up for a theatrical release on Boxing Day.

I've been checking because anything with a Duplass and Aubrey Plaza in it has my attention.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 39
RE: What Underated Films Will Be Future Classics - 26/10/2012 3:45:34 PM   
UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: wdruck

quote:

I thought it was a phenomenal performance but the more I thought about the rest of the film the more I hated it, oddly.

(in reply to wdruck)
Post #: 40
RE: What Underated Films Will Be Future Classics - 26/10/2012 3:46:37 PM   
vad3r

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

I've been checking because anything with a Aubrey Plaza in it has my attention.

Yet you don't even watch Parks and Recreation! Absolute madness. It's like saying you're a fan of sharks but haven't seen Jaws. It's got the best cast ever in a TV show. WATCH IT.

quote:

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 41
RE: What Underated Films Will Be Future Classics - 26/10/2012 4:41:39 PM   
giggity

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The Dark Knight Rises

Off-topic:

I have yet to see TDKR but I've seen pretty much all his other works and I'm yet to feel disappointed.
I find all his films intriguing/interesting and he is one of very few directors who creates good/great solid movies.

The only critiscm I find is not directed from Nolan himself more the case from other people/Journos who proclaim his films to be ubber intelligent when the fact is they are as intelligent as they need to be.

On topic:

Because whenever something tries to be the slightest bit intelligent and someone doesn't like it, it's always labeled as 'up its own arse'. Same thing happened with anyone who didn't like The Matrix. Couldn't be they just didn't like it, it was 'pretentious' and people had to mock it's aspirations to be more than what films of its ilk usually are.

Paul Thomas Anderson, one fo the greatest directors of this generation recently called The Nolan Batman films amazing. So that's a 'PFFFTTTT' to anyone who says different

btw I wouldn't side with Dannybohy on anything to do with Dark Knight, guys been trolling anything to do with those films since he joined.

< Message edited by giggity -- 26/10/2012 4:42:41 PM >

Post #: 42
RE: What Underated Films Will Be Future Classics - 26/10/2012 7:06:20 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

btw I wouldn't side with Dannybohy on anything to do with Dark Knight, guys been trolling anything to do with those films since he joined.

I've noticed

(in reply to giggity)
Post #: 43
RE: What Underated Films Will Be Future Classics - 27/10/2012 1:30:07 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r

quote:

Yet you don't even watch Parks and Recreation! Absolute madness. It's like saying you're a fan of sharks but haven't seen Jaws. It's got the best cast ever in a TV show. WATCH IT.

You make it sound like I'm deliberately avoiding it. .

When the show is finally released on region 2 DVD I will mostly certainly check it out. And before you say "watch it on a streaming website", my internet connection can't handle anything other than Youtube clips.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 27/10/2012 1:34:42 PM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 44
RE: What Underated Films Will Be Future Classics - 27/10/2012 3:00:00 PM   
vad3r

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r

quote:

You make it sound like I'm deliberately avoiding it. .

When the show is finally released on region 2 DVD I will mostly certainly check it out. And before you say "watch it on a streaming website", my internet connection can't handle anything other than Youtube clips.

Have you tried hacking your DVD player to play R1? Otherwise, you can get a multi-region/hackable DVD player these days for <20.

Community S1 and S2 is available on R2. You have no excuse:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=community

If you don't love it I'll reimburse you and officially retire from Empire. Fact.

< Message edited by vad3r -- 27/10/2012 3:24:48 PM >

quote:

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 45
RE: What Underated Films Will Be Future Classics - 27/10/2012 3:13:36 PM   
scarface666brooksy!!

Listen to vad3r, Parks and Rec and Community are both brilliant, watch them as soon as possible.

My Aussie Film Thread - Film #7 - Patrick (1978)

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 46
RE: What Underated Films Will Be Future Classics - 27/10/2012 3:26:11 PM   
horribleives

Monstercat, my tip for enjoying Community would be: stick to simply watching the series and under no circumstances pay any attention to the unfunny gifs from it that clog up the internet as they make it look like a show made for cunts by cunts. Which it really isn't.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to scarface666brooksy!!)
Post #: 47
RE: What Underated Films Will Be Future Classics - 27/10/2012 3:30:26 PM   
vad3r

quote:

ORIGINAL: scarface666brooksy!!

Listen to vad3r, Parks and Rec and Community are both brilliant, watch them as soon as possible.

Yes, listen to us and also Rawls, Paul, Rick, Imp, Rhubarb etc. to name a few who love it. I know you value their opinion.

quote:

Post #: 48
RE: What Underated Films Will Be Future Classics - 27/10/2012 7:38:20 PM   
jon dedman

toatally agree with those.Plus Me and Orson Welles and the Brighton rock remake.
quote:

ORIGINAL: DJ Rob C: Mark II!

Perks of Being a Wallflower, Hanna, Source Code

(in reply to DJ Rob C: Mark II!)
Post #: 49
RE: What Underated Films Will Be Future Classics - 27/10/2012 8:16:15 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

The Princess and the Frog (2009)

Much in the same way that CGI has over-taken stop motion,this Film is a nod to those glory days of Classic animational Disney films.

(in reply to jon dedman)
Post #: 50
RE: What Underated Films Will Be Future Classics - 27/10/2012 8:49:34 PM   
musht

Out of interest I haven't really seen any comedies mentioned yet.

Has there been a comedy in the recent years that will stand out as our generations Ghostbusters or Airplane!. Obviously Anchorman is pretty much already a classic, but is there anything else.

I'm personally a huge fan of Hot Rod, it's underrated in my opinion and although I don't think it'll be a classic I do think it will get more recognition.

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

Post #: 51
RE: What Underated Films Will Be Future Classics - 27/10/2012 11:59:06 PM   
vad3r

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

Out of interest I haven't really seen any comedies mentioned yet.

Has there been a comedy in the recent years that will stand out as our generations Ghostbusters or Airplane!. Obviously Anchorman is pretty much already a classic, but is there anything else.

I'm personally a huge fan of Hot Rod, it's underrated in my opinion and although I don't think it'll be a classic I do think it will get more recognition.

quote:

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 52
RE: What Underated Films Will Be Future Classics - 28/10/2012 12:21:23 AM   
Coyleone

I was being serious about TDKR by the way. The idea that Nolan's films are 'up their own asses' is completely false and ridiculous.

I agree with Take Shelter and Where The Wild Things Are.

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 53
RE: What Underated Films Will Be Future Classics - 28/10/2012 1:06:27 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

Hot Rod is all sorts of brilliant but I don't think it will venture out of the niche of cult comedy favourite. And Take Shelter really? I mean I liked it a lot and Michael Shannon is absolutely superb (in general to be fair) but I don't think it has future classic status potential.

My Aussie Film Thread - Film #7 - Patrick (1978)

(in reply to Coyleone)
Post #: 54
RE: What Underated Films Will Be Future Classics - 28/10/2012 1:18:33 AM   
vad3r

A masterpiece in my opinion. The film is so beautifully shot and directed. Cruise and Foxx are also superb, this is how you make a thriller.

quote:

Post #: 55
RE: What Underated Films Will Be Future Classics - 28/10/2012 6:30:22 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Was Collateral underrated?

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 56
RE: What Underated Films Will Be Future Classics - 29/10/2012 9:12:42 AM   
Antonius Block

I agree that Quantum of Solace was underrated, musht was, like said, on the spot.

The problem with Nolans films can be summarized using one word: Stiff, with the only exception being the performance of the late Heath Ledger.

Personally I find Ang Lees Hulk deserving proper recognition. His is the first comic book "adaptation" which went a bit deeper and brought the internal struggle of Dr. Bruce Banner into focus. He got a big fan base against him, claiming he was not faithful to the original comic, like if that would matter ...

Btw, these fan bases can be pretty annoying, more conservative people in this business of entertainment is hard to find.

Post #: 57
RE: What Underated Films Will Be Future Classics - 29/10/2012 9:24:04 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The Dark Knight Rises

Off-topic:

On topic:

i was going to respond regarding Nolan, then I read your comment on Where the Wild things are. So I can only assume you like boring, unnecessarily convoluted story lines, bad screenplays and bland direction. I will Call it quits.

Post #: 58
RE: What Underated Films Will Be Future Classics - 29/10/2012 9:28:08 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The Dark Knight Rises

There are more of us...some are just too afraid to speak out. The Nolanites can be very vicious.

(in reply to siegfried)
Post #: 59
RE: What Underated Films Will Be Future Classics - 29/10/2012 9:31:37 AM   
snaze1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The Dark Knight Rises

Off-topic:

On topic:

i was going to respond regarding Nolan, then I read your comment on Where the Wild things are. So I can only assume you like boring, unnecessarily convoluted story lines, bad screenplays and bland direction. I will Call it quits.

Your not wrong there, i would actually say Where the wild things are is one of the most Overated films of recent times

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: What Underated Films Will Be Future Classics Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI