Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

First Look At Iron Man 3's Mandarin

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> First Look At Iron Man 3's Mandarin Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
First Look At Iron Man 3's Mandarin - 22/10/2012 6:29:25 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Captain America Suit - 22/10/2012 6:29:25 PM   
spamfiend

Do you think they did a Captain America suit cos Stark was jealous of his threads?? Maybe took 'go put your suit on' in the Avengers too seriously lol..

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Oh come on!! - 22/10/2012 7:47:34 PM   
AMart911

Really!? Just how overly sensitive are we going to get. I know that we're trying not to insult anyone here. But REALLY!? You've taken one of the few diverse characters(asian or otherwise) and cast a "more acceptable" version. The Mandarin IS chinese. How hard is it to cast a chinese actor. Or an asian actor at least.

Post #: 3
Oh come on??? - 22/10/2012 8:35:27 PM   
Fluxx

Ever saw the movie Gandhi?? I think he will do great!!

Post #: 4
RE: Captain America Suit - 22/10/2012 8:50:38 PM   
Knight of Fury

quote:

ORIGINAL: spamfiend

Do you think they did a Captain America suit cos Stark was jealous of his threads?? Maybe took 'go put your suit on' in the Avengers too seriously lol..

The design is taken from the recent(ish) Dark Reign storyline in the comics. The character who wore it was Iron Patriot (actually Norman Osborne, but as Sony owns his fictional ass, he definitely won't be making an appearance) in a conscious nod to both Iron Man and Cap. I expect the use of it in IM3 is mostly a wink to us geeks who read the funny books.

(in reply to spamfiend)
Post #: 5
- 22/10/2012 9:14:13 PM   
Lord Fury

He looks like a terrorist.

Post #: 6
RE: - 22/10/2012 10:05:05 PM   
xzynomorpher

quote:

quote:

quote:

The design is taken from the recent(ish) Dark Reign storyline in the comics. The character who wore it was Iron Patriot (actually Norman Osborne, but as Sony owns his fictional ass, he definitely won't be making an appearance) in a conscious nod to both Iron Man and Cap. I expect the use of it in IM3 is mostly a wink to us geeks who read the funny books.

Though within the context of the movies, it does make perfect sense that the government would want to capitalize on the return of Captain America by dressing up War Machine in the same way. In fact, I wonder if it will be directly referenced in the film.

(in reply to Lord Fury)
Post #: 7
"Heroes - There is no such thing" - 23/10/2012 2:30:44 PM   
albumental

Look, I know I'm going to sound like a nit-picky bastard but none-the-less. Does that line not strike as being a bit clunky? Particularly as it's one of the few lines of dialogue in the Trailer & is being used to introduce the big bad? The Mandarin I'm assuming is an intelligent geezer who'd have his grammar in check. Eg. "Heroes. There are no such things" (It's plural) or "A Hero. There is no such thing." or even "Heroes... they don't exist." As I said, nit picky but it's bugging me.

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> First Look At Iron Man 3's Mandarin Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI