Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed Gets A Studio

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed Gets A Studio Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed Gets A Studio - 22/10/2012 3:45:53 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
AC the movie. - 22/10/2012 3:45:53 PM   
GrahamPaisley

As an avid fan of the games i must say that this has the potential to be a truly great franchise. The plot of the games however is too flimsy to be adapted into a strong movie, however, with a few tweeks and a cracking writer this has tremendous potential, Fassbender we know is a great actor and the Desmond/Altair/Ezio charachters can all be strongly portrayed by a powerful and adaptable actor like Fassbender. whilst we still wait for a strong Game to Film movie, this definately has the potential.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Sweeeet! - 22/10/2012 3:47:24 PM   
Kikimator

ASSASSINO!! cannot wait!

Post #: 3
- 22/10/2012 4:01:43 PM   
clarkkent

And Kristen Bell will be reprising her role, yes? That said, the adaptation of this series will be interesting. Because the plot could be made into an entertaining film, but it does make it difficult to turn into a series of films. If it was me, I'd much rather make this as a TV show somewhere like HBO or AMC, get some real money and creative freedom behind it and it'd be right up there with Game of Thrones and Rome.

Post #: 4
RE: - 22/10/2012 4:09:11 PM   
Dannybohy

Fassbender!! another game to movie shit fest. have these people played the fucking game!!. Fassbender! really! . Have these people played the fucking game there own company created??. How are do they expect the fan base to go along with this one?. hes to play Desmond/Ezio!!!! Desmond is clearly of middle east origin!! Fassbender , while a decent actor is a ginger German/Irish I believe?
Id rather a full length animated movie made solely by the same guys who make the games!!. Think im repeating myself hear but this is making me want to puke over myself and then eat it!!

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 22/10/2012 4:10:23 PM >

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to clarkkent)
Post #: 5
- 22/10/2012 5:16:58 PM   
baseballfuries22

Ah ezio auditore, we've been expecting you. Great news

Post #: 6
- 22/10/2012 6:27:47 PM   
hedleyk

Very excited about this! I think fassbend would be a great Altaïr, not so much Ezio, and possabliy a little old for desmond :/ but I like that the casting isn't being ageist, which suggests they think he can do a good job. With no idea what the plot will be it's hard to tell if he will even be playing them all. Possibly a little Looper style cosmetics could work. The story would make a great film tho, handled well. Lets hope it's not another Prince of Persia!

Post #: 7
Director? Writer?? - 22/10/2012 11:11:42 PM   
Garet6

It's all well and good getting excited by an actor, and a very fine actor is Fassbender, but it'll be for nothing if the director isn't up to the task, and just as significantly (as Prometheus showed) a good screenwriter is pretty important too. I really hope they manage to pull this together though, I'd love to see a decent game adaptation and AC is a great candidate for it.

Post #: 8
DO HALO - 23/10/2012 12:30:36 PM   
Wingman10

HALO PLEASE and do it right starting with the story of Halo the fall of Reach!!!

Post #: 9
- 23/10/2012 8:20:37 PM   
flashycactus13

Fassbender is a very competent actor but not sure I see him pulling off Altair/Ezio (being an absolute fan of the game)

Post #: 10
Really? - 24/10/2012 12:36:20 PM   
Grimm

IF the go big-budget, they can't have both Ezio and Altair in one movie. You can either pay for medival crusader armors or for rennaisance costumes. not both.
Also, i'm not sure Fassie can pull off an italian accent AND an arabic accent. Tall order!

Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed Gets A Studio Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI