Nauseating Editing

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> Nauseating Editing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Nauseating Editing - 20/10/2012 8:10:12 PM   
will1000

This'll probably come across as more of a rant, but hey ho!

Is it just me or is there a large section of modern film (and TV/commercials for that matter) that rely on 'flashy' editing these days? By 'flashy' editing I mean shots that last for no more than a second before it's onto the next one then the next one then the next one. It's like a strobe light and it annoys the piss out of me! Not only does it show a lack of directorial skill but it's disorientating as hell and gives me head aches to the point I have to look away!
Hollywood fight scenes are terrible for this, especially when you compare them to similar films from the Orient. And don't start me on horror films! Can you imagine how much more intense and gruesome something like the Saw films would be if they just held a single shot whilst the victim was being tortured...it'd be awesome!
Give me a nice long single take any day!

Like I said. More of a rant. I don't know where the thread goes from here?...some examples maybe?!
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> Nauseating Editing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI