Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The remake that will tip you over the edge

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: The remake that will tip you over the edge Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The remake that will tip you over the edge - 21/10/2012 8:59:26 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tidus

Adam Sandler should play every poster in the remake of the remake thread

Surely Eddie Murphy is the better candidate for that? And then Martin Lawrence in the inevitable cash ins

(in reply to Tidus)
Post #: 121
RE: The remake that will tip you over the edge - 21/10/2012 9:03:06 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

Adam Sandler should play every poster in the remake of the remake thread

I want Mike Myers to play me. He can at least attempt a Scottish accent

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Tidus)
Post #: 122
RE: The remake that will tip you over the edge - 21/10/2012 9:09:52 PM   
MonsterCat

I want a remake of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre with Kate Hudson, Katherine Heigl, Bradley Cooper and Shia LeBouff.

But instead of it being a fictional story, it's a real nutter with a real chainsaw chasing down four of the most unlikable people Hollywood has to offer.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 123
RE: The remake that will tip you over the edge - 21/10/2012 9:12:40 PM   
Tidus

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

I want a remake of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre with Kate Hudson, Katherine Heigl, Bradley Cooper and Shia LeBouff.

But instead of it being a fictional story, it's a real nutter with a real chainsaw chasing down four of the most unlikable people Hollywood has to offer.

you want to make a snuff film then? not really a remake but I like the premise as long as there's a Ryan Reynolds cameo

I'm not here, this isn't happening

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 124
RE: The remake that will tip you over the edge - 21/10/2012 9:14:04 PM   
Tidus

I actually don't mind Shia LeBouff to be honest, he was pretty good in the rear window remake

(in reply to Tidus)
Post #: 125
RE: The remake that will tip you over the edge - 21/10/2012 9:24:17 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

I actually don't mind Shia LeBouff to be honest, he was pretty good in the rear window remake

The star of that film was definitely Sarah Roemer's arse.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to Tidus)
Post #: 126
RE: The remake that will tip you over the edge - 21/10/2012 9:37:28 PM   
Shifty Bench

I want a remake of Ghostbusters but instead of ghosts it'll be monsters and instead of New York scientists it'll be small town kids. The tagline will be 'You know who to call when you have ghosts but who do you call when you have monsters?'

It'll be a flop but will spawn annual conventions and will be a cult hit 25 years down the line.......

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 127
RE: The remake that will tip you over the edge - 21/10/2012 9:38:41 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

I want a remake of Ghostbusters but instead of ghosts it'll be monsters and instead of New York scientists it'll be small town kids. The tagline will be 'You know who to call when you have ghosts but who do you call when you have monsters?'

It'll be a flop but will spawn annual conventions and will be a cult hit 25 years down the line.......

Can't see that happening to be honest.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 128
RE: The remake that will tip you over the edge - 21/10/2012 9:46:37 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

there was a remake?
How did I not know about this

(in reply to Tidus)
Post #: 129
RE: The remake that will tip you over the edge - 21/10/2012 9:46:38 PM   
Shifty Bench

Awwww, damn! Back to the drawing board.....

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 130
RE: The remake that will tip you over the edge - 21/10/2012 10:49:04 PM   
Tidus

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

there was a remake?

it's called disturbia it's very good I think

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 131
RE: The remake that will tip you over the edge - 21/10/2012 11:11:39 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

quote:

there was a remake?

They called it Disturbia but it was essentially a remake. They did a TV movie remake in 1998 starring Christopher Reeve, it was his only major acting role after his terrible accident-

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 132
RE: The remake that will tip you over the edge - 22/10/2012 12:34:50 AM   
Tidus

apparently disturbia would have been out sooner but they were waiting for the dust to settle on the christopher reeve one,

Post #: 133
RE: The remake that will tip you over the edge - 22/10/2012 1:00:39 AM   
Whistler

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

quote:

quote:

there was a remake?

They called it Disturbia but it was essentially a remake. They did a TV movie remake in 1998 starring Christopher Reeve, it was his only major acting role after his terrible accident-

I don't mind LaBeouf either. Disturbia was actually pretty good.

Post #: 134
RE: The remake that will tip you over the edge - 22/10/2012 2:12:06 AM   
Mister Coe

Im just watching EVIL DEAD 2 and I genuinely can't imagine another horror movie being better than this one. A remake of the Evil Dead series will be just as piss-weak as all the other remakes done over the last few years, no-one's got the bollocks to do something as mental as ED2 nowadays!

You know what could do with a remake? HIGHLANDER. Such a great concept, and it's a film I loved when I was 15, but I caught it a few weeks back and... wow, not looking good.

Say what now?

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 135
RE: The remake that will tip you over the edge - 22/10/2012 2:14:32 AM   
vad3r

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Coe

Im just watching EVIL DEAD 2 and I genuinely can't imagine another horror movie being better than this one. A remake of the Evil Dead series will be just as piss-weak as all the other remakes done over the last few years, no-one's got the bollocks to do something as mental as ED2 nowadays!

You know what could do with a remake? HIGHLANDER. Such a great concept, and it's a film I loved when I was 15, but I caught it a few weeks back and... wow, not looking good.

Highlander is being remade with Ryan Reynolds.

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 136
RE: The remake that will tip you over the edge - 22/10/2012 5:05:45 AM   
boaby

I know it's been said a lot but if BttF got the treatment I'd be sad.

It'd take a remake of Thelma and Louise to drive me over the edge. I suppose a new Untouchables might tip me - with gusto - over the edge. If they went near Butch and Sundance I might well jump.

"Aberdonians, and with some degree of purpose and right on their side, have absolute contempt for Glasgow. There is a side of Aberdonians who, let's be absolutely honest about this, feel so superior to Glasgow that you can measure it by the yard."

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 137
RE: The remake that will tip you over the edge - 22/10/2012 3:07:23 PM   
Tidus

to be fair they're remaking Evil Dead1 not 2 and apparently they're keeping the tree rape scene, the trailer doesn't look half bad I don't think, but yeah I imagine it will suck balls compared to evil dead 2.

Highlander with Ryan Reynolds? I was reading about that last night actually, it sounds totally lame and I have a feeling it won't even be an 18.

I watched Mad Max last night and when I went on to imdb I saw Mad Max:Fury Road? what is this shit? Mel IS Mad Max, surely they could have done a movie similar to a Mad Max movie easily enough without having to steal the name.

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 138
RE: The remake that will tip you over the edge - 22/10/2012 3:24:40 PM   
Tidus

there's a load on here that sound horrible,

American Psycho...nothing wrong with the original

The Crow....nothing wrong with the original

Commando...seriously da fuck? can you not just make a movie about a guy who has to rescue his kidnapped daughter from a load of army dudes and not call it commando?

Lethal Weapon..again can you not just make a mismatched cop buddy movie without calling it Lethal Weapon?

Scarface...yes I know the De Palma Version is a remake but who seriously is gonna have the balls to top Pacino's performance? Ryan Reynolds? do me a favour.

Short Circuit...just think up your own robot will you?

The Neverending Story, Time Bandits, The inevitable american version of Death Note?

god Hollywoods depressing sometimes.

(in reply to Tidus)
Post #: 139
RE: The remake that will tip you over the edge - 22/10/2012 11:00:02 PM   
Whistler

quote:

American Psycho...nothing wrong with the original

Aw man, I forgot about this one...

(in reply to Tidus)
Post #: 140
RE: The remake that will tip you over the edge - 22/10/2012 11:05:04 PM   
vad3r

Why are people so against remakes? What if American Psycho was remade and it turns out to be the film of the year? If a film is remade the original won't cease to exist, you don't have to watch it.

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 141
RE: The remake that will tip you over the edge - 22/10/2012 11:22:38 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

Crikey, what's up with the Bradley Cooper hate?

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 142
RE: The remake that will tip you over the edge - 22/10/2012 11:29:48 PM   
Whistler

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r

Why are people so against remakes? What if American Psycho was remade and it turns out to be the film of the year? If a film is remade the original won't cease to exist, you don't have to watch it.

I'm not inherently against remakes, I'll always give them a chance. And I know we don't have to watch them; it's not like they somehow magically eradicate the originals. My concern is that the majority of the next generation is going to be growing up with and basing their tastes on these remakes instead of the (almost always) superior originals. It's the equivalent of the Jonas Brothers covering Zeppelin and the kids thinking its the original version. And I just can't understand why anyone thinks something as excellent and recent as American Psycho needs to be remade.

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 143
RE: The remake that will tip you over the edge - 22/10/2012 11:44:14 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

quote:

I think he's a terrible actor and has a cheesy, shit eating grin.

I'm also black of heart and filled to the brim with irrational hatred.

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 144
RE: The remake that will tip you over the edge - 23/10/2012 12:25:07 AM   
Tidus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Whistler

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r

I'm not inherently against remakes, I'll always give them a chance. And I know we don't have to watch them; it's not like they somehow magically eradicate the originals. My concern is that the majority of the next generation is going to be growing up with and basing their tastes on these remakes instead of the (almost always) superior originals. It's the equivalent of the Jonas Brothers covering Zeppelin and the kids thinking its the original version. And I just can't understand why anyone thinks something as excellent and recent as American Psycho needs to be remade.

yes exactly, And I'm sick of the "you don't have to watch it" argument because when they're piss poor versions of classic movies it annoys me and the money the studio spent could have been given to a decent filmmaker to do something worthwhile.

When Tim Burton is remaking things like Alice in Wonderland and Charlie and the Chocolate factory it's irritating when he has made wonderful movies such as beetlejuice, edward scissorhands and big fish

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 145
RE: The remake that will tip you over the edge - 23/10/2012 12:27:24 AM   
Tidus

I'm also aware that just because a movie gets remade the original doesn't cease to exist, my primary concern isn't that a remake of a movie will change the past

(in reply to Tidus)
Post #: 146
RE: The remake that will tip you over the edge - 23/10/2012 1:03:09 PM   
Timbzy

quote:

Commando...seriously da fuck? can you not just make a movie about a guy who has to rescue his kidnapped daughter from a load of army dudes and not call it commando?

They called it Taken.

(in reply to Tidus)
Post #: 147
RE: The remake that will tip you over the edge - 23/10/2012 1:20:10 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

When Tim Burton is remaking things like Alice in Wonderland and Charlie and the Chocolate factory it's irritating when he has made wonderful movies such as beetlejuice, edward scissorhands and big fish

Those are based on literary sources. Fair play to any director for wanting to create an alternative adaptation. But if it's just aping the previous film, then yeah it is fairly worthless.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to Tidus)
Post #: 148
RE: The remake that will tip you over the edge - 23/10/2012 5:24:30 PM   
Tidus

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

quote:

Those are based on literary sources. Fair play to any director for wanting to create an alternative adaptation. But if it's just aping the previous film, then yeah it is fairly worthless.

I thought about that after I posted to be honest, I know what your saying it is fair play to do another adaption of a book but those Burton movies were basically just remakes of the original movies, I know technically his Alice in Wonderland was a sort of sequel but I wish he would make more original movies.

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 149
RE: The remake that will tip you over the edge - 23/10/2012 5:27:22 PM   
Tidus

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

quote:

I think he's a terrible actor and has a cheesy, shit eating grin.

NICE answer!

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: The remake that will tip you over the edge Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI