Abandon or keep on

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> Abandon or keep on Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Abandon or keep on - 20/10/2012 2:52:26 PM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

I'm currently reading The Darkness that comes before by Scott Bakker. I'm about of a third the way through and don't give a shit what happens next, this was suppose to be my new fantasy saga to pass the time. Should I carry on or abandon it?

he's ruining my buestiful threat!

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives
Post #: 1
RE: Abandon or keep on - 20/10/2012 6:01:06 PM   
IPFreely

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kilo_T_Mortal

I'm currently reading The Darkness that comes before by Scott Bakker. I'm about of a third the way through and don't give a shit what happens next, this was suppose to be my new fantasy saga to pass the time. Should I carry on or abandon it?

Abandon,

the way I figure it, you only have so many books to read in a lifetime. I'm 31 and a 'reader in bed' - on average I read a book a month (there are peaks and troughs), so say if I live til I'm about 70: 39x12 gives me roughly about 468 books left to read. I'm sure that there are far more books than that already in existence I'd happily finish, not to mention ones that are yet to be written.

(in reply to Kilo_T_Mortal)
Post #: 2
RE: Abandon or keep on - 20/10/2012 8:24:27 PM   
Super Hans

quote:

ORIGINAL: IPFreely

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kilo_T_Mortal

Abandon,

the way I figure it, you only have so many books to read in a lifetime. I'm 31 and a 'reader in bed' - on average I read a book a month (there are peaks and troughs), so say if I live til I'm about 70: 39x12 gives me roughly about 468 books left to read. I'm sure that there are far more books than that already in existence I'd happily finish, not to mention ones that are yet to be written.

I couldn't have said it better myself! Life's too short to read stuff that really doesn't interest me.

"Its staring at you in the face Mark, there's only one more sex to try..."

(in reply to IPFreely)
Post #: 3
RE: Abandon or keep on - 4/11/2012 2:04:36 AM   
Mister Coe

100 pages or five chapters, whichever comes first. if it hasn't gripped me by then, it's off to the charity shop...

Say what now?

(in reply to Super Hans)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> Abandon or keep on Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI