Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Justice League Aiming At 2015

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Justice League Aiming At 2015 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Justice League Aiming At 2015 - 19/10/2012 3:13:19 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: Warners have a hard enough task making - 19/10/2012 8:29:14 AM   
Histeria

quote:

ORIGINAL: potemkin1925

I don't get the Green Lantern hate - I loved it.

I was beginning to suspect that was just me. I saw it the same week as First Class, and - despite obvious flaws in both - though Green Lantern was by far the stronger of the two.

I find the way WB are rushing into JL is a bit disappointing. I could work, but without the Marvel style groundwork I'm increasingly skeptical.
Post #: 2
RE: Warners have a hard enough task making - 19/10/2012 9:33:30 AM   
Bad Ash

quote:

ORIGINAL: Histeria

quote:

I was beginning to suspect that was just me. I saw it the same week as First Class, and - despite obvious flaws in both - though Green Lantern was by far the stronger of the two.

I find the way WB are rushing into JL is a bit disappointing. I could work, but without the Marvel style groundwork I'm increasingly skeptical.

I thought Green Lantern was ok, although I thought it could have been better. I had always seen Ryan Reynolds (who I think is a very decent and charismatic actor) as The Flash as opposed to GL so although I still thought he did well, I was already a little disappointed at his casting before I had even seen it. After I had seen it my thoughts were that it was a decent enough crack at the origin story and has set it up nicely for a sequel (With The Sinestro Corps as the baddies) and a JLA movie. The effects were awesome - I saw it in 3D and [along with Avatar] thought it was the best use of the technology that I have seen thus far. The script was pretty weak however and I thought the final fight against Parralax should've involved all of the GL's uniting against a common foe! I also thought Tim Robbins and Angela Bassett were criminally underused and Peter Saarsgard (whom I usually like) was terribly miscast and over-used!! Other than those littel niggles I thought it was fine and I even own the Green (Blu) Ray!

A JLA movie does really need a few individual movies to come out first. This announcement wreaks of desperation because DC are currently losing out to Marvel in the popularity stakes. If they can tie down Ryan Reynolds and Henry Cavill to be in the JLA movie they might be in with a fighting chance because The Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg and to some lesser extent Wonder Woman could be introduced in said movie, but without an already established Batman - I just don't see it!

If they could tie down Reynolds and Cavill to the film, who would we have as the other cast members? I'd like to see:

The Flash - Anton Yelchin
Aquaman - Michael C Hall
Cyborg - Nelsan Ellis
Wonder Woman - Olivia Wilde
Batman - Ben Affleck (Yes really!)

I know where the bastard sleeps!

(in reply to Histeria)
Post #: 3
RE: So Much Could Go Wrong - 19/10/2012 10:50:58 AM   
waltham1979

quote:

ORIGINAL: Will Waters

There are so many problems with this approach to a JLA movies first being Man Of Steel. Zack Snyder said in an interview a while ago that his superman has nothing to do with JLA which means a Superman reboot within 2 years and do people really want yet another Batman reboot? But also Zack Snyder is one of the only guys I think can pull off a JLA movie he did pretty well with the Watchmen ensemble and he has a real passion for the source material but the way Man Of Steel is possibly being miss handled isn't going to help. The Other major thing is that a large part of The Avengers' success was down to it actually being an awesome film and JLA needs to be pretty epic especially after the farce that was Green Lantern it could end DC's cinema aspirations for a considerable amount of time and be a massive waste of money.

I completely agree with this.

A Green Lantern, Batman and Superman reboot in a couple of years time I just don't see working. I hope I am proved wrong but I just don't think this will have the same impact or anticipation as the build up to The Avengers.

Marvel did their build up on such a subtle level; ever since Fury popped up at the end of the credits for Iron Man their was an anticipation for an Avengers film that grew to an epic scale and that was, thanks to Whedon, matched by The Avengers Assemble film. It worked because we cared about all of the characters involed (what was so good about the film is we even cared about Hawk Eye and Black Widow despite limited screen time).

I just can't see the same about the JLA characters. With the established primary actors of Bale and Cavill not involved we are instantly going to have to reinvest in Superman, Batman and Green Lantern (I hope they completely forget the previous quite awful attempt at Green Lantern) and a load of characters that we are going to have minimal introduction too. Its a hell of a task...

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting
Post #: 4
RE: So Much Could Go Wrong - 19/10/2012 11:52:20 AM   
cerebusboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: waltham1979

A Green Lantern, Batman and Superman reboot in a couple of years time I just don't see working.

DC will obviously be hoping that Man of Steel has sequels, so I think Cavill will be the Justice League Superman - can anyone really see DC having two different, competing versions of the same character in the movies? Given that Green Lantern basically flopped I think going straight into a Justice League movie is the best approach. People will show up for Batman and Superman, but having (e.g.) a stand alone Flash film would be very financially risky.

(in reply to waltham1979)
Post #: 5
RE: Leave Batman out of this idiotic idea. - 19/10/2012 11:55:20 AM   
cerebusboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: drico

Now I cannot imagine a Batman fighting crime next to an extra terrestrial in a blue suit, or the Flash or even Wonder Woman for God's sakes.

But Nolan's finished with Batman. Surely, instead of hiring a 'Nolan like' director to produce a pale imitation of the Bale Batman, it makes more sense to go in a totally new direction?
Post #: 6
RE: - 19/10/2012 11:57:00 AM   
cerebusboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gordy

I liked the Green lantern, don't read the comics but love comic book movies. I don't know why they seem to be rebooting everything at the moment, just come up with some new stories instead of covering old ground....how many times do they want to re=make these movies????

There's never been a live-action Justice League movie
Post #: 7
RE: So Much Could Go Wrong - 19/10/2012 12:00:53 PM   
cerebusboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Will Waters

There are so many problems with this approach to a JLA movies first being Man Of Steel. Zack Snyder said in an interview a while ago that his superman has nothing to do with JLA which means a Superman reboot

Not necessarily. We don't know that Man of Steel's world will in any way contradict the Justice League one. After all, Superman's still the most powerful JLA member - so it's not like, if they did a JLA movie with Cavill a couple of years after Man of Steel, there'd be people wondering why Supes didn't call on Green Arrow or the like in his stand-alone movie!

Maybe Man of Steel is like "Year One" and the JLA don't get formed until a few years later?
When Wonder Woman first joined the Justice League they made her be secretary, so I hope the film's a lot different from the comics!
Post #: 8
RE: Warners have a hard enough task making - 19/10/2012 12:03:33 PM   
cerebusboy

quote:

one of these characters into a movie let alone a team up (Bats being the exception).

Reynolds should defintely be in the JLA movie - I know lots of people who, though they didn't like GL, still thought Reynolds was superb.
Post #: 9
RE: So Much Could Go Wrong - 19/10/2012 12:23:23 PM   
waltham1979

quote:

ORIGINAL: cerebusboy

quote:

A Green Lantern, Batman and Superman reboot in a couple of years time I just don't see working.

DC will obviously be hoping that Man of Steel has sequels, so I think Cavill will be the Justice League Superman - can anyone really see DC having two different, competing versions of the same character in the movies? Given that Green Lantern basically flopped I think going straight into a Justice League movie is the best approach. People will show up for Batman and Superman, but having (e.g.) a stand alone Flash film would be very financially risky.

Snyder has already stated that his Superman film will have no association with any JLA movie though?

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 10
RE: So Much Could Go Wrong - 19/10/2012 12:28:06 PM   
cerebusboy

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: cerebusboy

quote:

Snyder has already stated that his Superman film will have no association with any JLA movie though?

Sure, because it's out two years earlier and it's a stand alone Superman reboot. That doesn't mean that his film would in any way preclude Cavill being in a JLA movie. Isn't it likely that Cavill already has a Downey Jr multi picture deal anyway? Think how much Marvel would have had to have pay RDJ if they'd just done some one picture deals!

< Message edited by cerebusboy -- 19/10/2012 12:29:21 PM >

(in reply to waltham1979)
Post #: 11
RE: So Much Could Go Wrong - 19/10/2012 1:54:26 PM   
UTB

I wonder if any of these characters will turn up in Man Of Steel...?

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 12
RE: So Much Could Go Wrong - 19/10/2012 1:59:01 PM   
cerebusboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

I wonder if any of these characters will turn up in Man Of Steel...?

I'd be surprised, but I don't see what the big deal is. Man of Steel isn't in the Superman Returns/Donner continuity. It could be "Superman: Year One" - and then you introduce the other JLA members circa Superman's year three or so. There's no reason the movie JLA has to cleave to the recent DC new 52 reboot (not least as the new comic timeline - check out Tim Drake supposedly never being a Robin, the age of Damian Wayne etc - doesn't make sense anyway!)

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 13
RE: One Tough challenge - 19/10/2012 4:57:54 PM   
Wild about Wilder

Oh dear as much as I love The League, trying to take Avengers 2 on is a big NO NO! if not just for the fact that Marvel have taken the time to cultivate an audience beforehand so at least the non-comicbook enthusiasts knew who the characters were & weren't having to wonder who they were (apart from Bats/Supes & probably GL) or find out their origins.
Post #: 14
RE: RE: - 19/10/2012 5:01:59 PM   
drico

I do not believe that there should be a Nolan imitation at all. I just believe that Nolan brought the charcter to new heights and to be honest, Batman is now a higher quality super hero than any others in the justice league. I truly believe that taking Batman into the Justice League film will bring the character back a few steps. It also means that there are less creative paths to take with Batman, having to have him exist in an "any thing can happen universe". The thought of him co-existing with the green lantern is nauseating.

Imagine what Alfonso Cuaron could do with Batman, or Neil Blomkamp, or Rian Johnson.

Fuck the Justice League. Leave them to it.

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 15
smallville cast - 2/3/2013 11:22:54 PM   
chrisharvey1551

If your doing a justice league why not just get the smallville cast together a few years after he becomes superman. Smallville includes a lot of dc characters all that needs adding is Batman wonder woman and green lantern. This also takes the need to do a whole origin story to start away and pit them up against against brainac and a load of super villains from all of the characters involved in the story.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Justice League Aiming At 2015 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI