Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Argo Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Argo - 19/10/2012 1:27:45 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
'Argo' doesn't pack quite the punch that The Town did. - 19/10/2012 1:27:45 AM   
movienut707

Having loved both The Town and Gone Baby Gone, I made sure I saw Argo in theaters. Personally, I felt it was less mature (or seasoned, for lack of a better word) than The Town. I don't mean to be negative. On a positive note, I enjoyed the film and look forward to Ben Affleck's future efforts.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: 'Argo' doesn't pack quite the punch that The Town did. - 22/10/2012 9:49:30 PM   
ElephantBoy

Its a strong cast, but I wish Affleck didn't have to cast himself once again. Still need to see GBG, but felt the Town was really unremarkable. Maybe this one will convince me that he can have a future as a director.

(in reply to movienut707)
Post #: 3
Faster. More intense. - 2/11/2012 10:40:10 PM   
TheMightyBlackout

Argo is a solid film, although it seems to be as much about making a cheap, knockoff SciFi movie in Hollywood as it does about the intricacies of covert hostage liberation. It's a strong story, very well told, and although it feels like it's lacking in frills occasionally, it's thoroughly engaging in a way that few films manage in 2012.

The only actual downside is Affleck's lapses into sentimentality, and more pertinently, the thick layering of Sweeping Music To Tell You When To Feel Happy™. It's not a deal-breaker, but it lets down an otherwise marvelous experience.

More reviews and rambling like that ^^^ at: >>>WorldOfBlackout.co.uk <<<

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Argo Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI