Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 11/5/2013 10:49:54 AM   
Mr Gittes

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

The thing I don't understand about the aliens criticism is that Raiders and Crusade contain relgious nonsense which is far more unrealistic and is completely bias towards christianity (I still think they're great movies). Skull is still a weak film but the monkeys are far more offensive to me than the aliens

The monkeys or the aliens, it doesn't matter they're just easy targets to criticize - if it was a good movie people would probably not care.

I think it's mainly what the aliens and monkeys have in common - CGI.

< Message edited by Mr Gittes -- 11/5/2013 10:50:24 AM >

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 121
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 11/5/2013 12:31:20 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr Gittes

quote:

quote:

The thing I don't understand about the aliens criticism is that Raiders and Crusade contain relgious nonsense which is far more unrealistic and is completely bias towards christianity (I still think they're great movies). Skull is still a weak film but the monkeys are far more offensive to me than the aliens

The monkeys or the aliens, it doesn't matter they're just easy targets to criticize - if it was a good movie people would probably not care.

With the monkeys not just CGI but bad CGI.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Mr Gittes)
Post #: 122
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 11/5/2013 12:57:10 PM   
Mr Gittes

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

quote:

quote:

quote:

With the monkeys not just CGI but bad CGI.

Indescribably bad. Some of the worst I've ever seen. I mean, I give Matthew Vaughn shit for the CGI in his movies, but X-Men: First Class is Jurassic Park compared to this.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 123
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 11/5/2013 1:34:20 PM   
rich

But imagine if the film was a really amazing, worthwhile entry to the series - a few crap CG moments would mean a lot less.

(in reply to Mr Gittes)
Post #: 124
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 11/5/2013 1:52:45 PM   
Mr Gittes

quote:

But imagine if the film was a really amazing, worthwhile entry to the series - a few crap CG moments would mean a lot less.

That's a good point. Then the only complaints would be from the CIA (Cynical Internet Arseholes) who would scream "It's not old school enough." While everyone else would be having a ball

I consider Tintin to be the Indy 4 we should have had. Fucking love that movie, yet it's CG animated - with breathtaking quality, but still you get my point. It was closer to the spirit of classic Indiana Jones. In a way, I look at that movie as Spielberg's apology not only for Indy 4 but maybe Hook as well (look at that amazing pirate ship sequence).

No offence to hardcore Tintin fans by the way; he's still his own beast.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 125
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 11/5/2013 6:11:12 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

quote:

That's a good point. Then the only complaints would be from the CIA (Cynical Internet Arseholes) who would scream "It's not old school enough." While everyone else would be having a ball

I consider Tintin to be the Indy 4 we should have had. Fucking love that movie, yet it's CG animated - with breathtaking quality, but still you get my point. It was closer to the spirit of classic Indiana Jones. In a way, I look at that movie as Spielberg's apology not only for Indy 4 but maybe Hook as well (look at that amazing pirate ship sequence).

Bloody hell.I must go watch Tintin now.It just looks like a silly kids cartoon to me.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Mr Gittes)
Post #: 126
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 11/5/2013 6:38:37 PM   
Mr Gittes

That it most definitely is not. It's a wonderful family adventure movie and just great fun

You, however, may think differently. I mean, we've disagreed on quite a few things (except Iron Man 3 )

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 127
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 11/5/2013 9:06:09 PM   
Charles B. Potatoes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

quote:

quote:

Bloody hell.I must go watch Tintin now.It just looks like a silly kids cartoon to me.

TinTin is a terrible film.

It's boring and overlong. I actually couldn't get to the end of it

If you ask me Skywalker was bloody lucky to turn off his guidance system.

Post #: 128
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 11/5/2013 9:12:58 PM   
Mr Gittes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Charles B. Potatoes

quote:

quote:

quote:

Jesus...

Ah, well. Different strokes for different folks, or whatever the hell the saying is.

(in reply to Charles B. Potatoes)
Post #: 129
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 11/5/2013 9:23:23 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

That it most definitely is not. It's a wonderful family adventure movie and just great fun

I thought Tintin was fun too, better than I thought it would be. Some of the action is fantastic.

quote:

You thought a CG animated movie directed by Spielberg, produced by Peter Jackson and based on a series of adventure comics was going to be 'a silly kids cartoon'? Are there many big budget 'silly kids cartoons' made by high profile film-makers these days?

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Mr Gittes)
Post #: 130
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 11/5/2013 9:29:59 PM   
horribleives

quote:

quote:

quote:

What's wrong with a film for kids? Who are the Star Wars films aimed at, pensioners?

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

Post #: 131
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 12/5/2013 12:31:28 AM   
rich

It's a pretty average adventure movie, as with Indy 4 I'd have no idea Spielberg directed it without seeing the credits. The bigger shame is having a John Williams score that I instantly forgot. You'd probably enjoy it more without reading the original books though.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 132
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 12/5/2013 12:37:41 AM   
Mr Gittes

Damn. What the hell, rich?

Not just your post, but your change of avatar. You had the coolest one!

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 133
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 12/5/2013 1:34:18 AM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

quote:

I thought Tintin was fun too, better than I thought it would be. Some of the action is fantastic.

quote:

You thought a CG animated movie directed by Spielberg, produced by Peter Jackson and based on a series of adventure comics was going to be 'a silly kids cartoon'? Are there many big budget 'silly kids cartoons' made by high profile film-makers these days?

Well if Peter Jackson is involved, that would actually put me off as i cant stand the LOTR films.

And his King Kong remake is one of the absolute worst films iv ever seen.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 134
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 12/5/2013 2:51:34 AM   
rich

quote:

One of those days.

(in reply to Mr Gittes)
Post #: 135
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 12/5/2013 10:07:55 AM   
Mr Gittes

quote:

quote:

One of those days.

Now THAT one's fine by me. Gotta love Ripley
For the love of god, don't change it again!

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 136
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 12/5/2013 10:52:37 AM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

What's wrong with a film for kids? Who are the Star Wars films aimed at, pensioners?

Most of the fans who saw it in the cinema first time around are getting close now.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 137
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 14/5/2013 9:51:30 PM   
Rgirvan44

Having just been accused of not being a Star Trek fan because I happily accept a lot of it is rubbish (still leaving hundreds of hours of TV and Movies) I wonder if people would agree blind devotion to a franchise, even one you love, is not healthy.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 138
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 14/5/2013 9:56:10 PM   
Cool Breeze

Well i am a huge Star Trek fan and enjoy the majority of the all the shows and movies.

Not a fan of DS9 though so i guess im not a blind follower.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 139
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 14/5/2013 11:12:39 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

Well i am a huge Star Trek fan and enjoy the majority of the all the shows and movies.

That's the best one.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

Post #: 140
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 15/5/2013 3:21:42 AM   
SadFace

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

quote:

That's the best one.

I read that as DB9 and thought, what's this got to do with Aston Martin?

Tobias, you blowhard.

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

That's the most wrong I've ever seen someone be on this forum. And both Gimli and Elab post here.

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 141
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 15/5/2013 7:08:57 AM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

quote:

That's the best one.

I wonder if Avery Brooks ever found his way out of that bright white room?

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 142
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 15/5/2013 12:25:06 PM   
NCC1701A

I am I big Star Trek fan but I could not stand Star Trek Voyager at all.

< Message edited by NCC1701A -- 3/6/2013 7:51:53 AM >

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 143
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 15/5/2013 12:48:05 PM   
AxlReznor

I've never considered myself a big Star Trek fan, and the thing I love about the Abrams movies is that they're more like Star Wars than they are Star Trek... but I appear to like some Star Trek stuff more than some Trekkies.

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 144
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 15/5/2013 1:24:48 PM   
Dannybohy

I can't stand any Star Trek! tv or movies, I think its all tosh just don't understand the big deal,. But as Captain Spock might say, may the force be with you!

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 15/5/2013 1:25:04 PM >

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 145
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 15/5/2013 2:00:42 PM   
Artoo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Charles B. Potatoes

quote:

quote:

quote:

^ This!

TinTin bored me to tears! I couldn't quite believe Spielberg and Jackson would release something that bad (they must've been fans of the comic books as kids). The animation was somewhere between that of the original comic's, Toy Story and real life (whilst still suffering with the whole dead eye thing) which was not a good blend! It all went at 100mph and just seemed a bit over zealous to me and a bit too keen to impress! I also find TinTin incredibly annoying and he looks like a twat! These thing do not make for an enjoyable moviegoing experience........

Hey, get some beer and some.....cleaning products!

(in reply to Charles B. Potatoes)
Post #: 146
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 6/6/2013 10:55:47 AM   
cyrusDCmonster

on the original topic;
after seeing and coping abuse from crazy Whedon fanboys for disliking Avengers, i was straight up disgusted. i saw people getting death threats and worse for disliking this movie online. fucked up!

i will point out i have had the opposite experience as well. like the nolan hardcores, the anti blonde bond fans, hardline trek/wars fans, it's always the minority.
Post #: 147
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 7/6/2013 11:06:13 PM   
Mr Gittes

Damn. I had no idea there was this much hate for Tintin. Nothing's safe!
Post #: 148
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI