Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 7/12/2012 12:34:36 PM   
Harry Tuttle

There's a not too many in that sentence.

That'll teach me to proof before pressing OK.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 61
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 5/1/2013 11:47:44 AM   
Darth Marenghi

I thought I mentioned this one before, but the reaction to the dance game levels from some Star Wars game last year was just ludicrous.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 62
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 5/1/2013 12:00:10 PM   
Hood_Man

People who bully and belittle others who disagree with them, and then use cop out excuses when challenged like "Oh I didn't mean you, I just meant in general!"

And then cry "personal attack" or "oh it's only my opinion, I'm allowed my opinion! Am I not allowed an opinion???" etc.

Or even more hilariously when they resort to hyperbole, "Look, I'm just saying people should stop whining, I'm not turning up at their houses covered in blood carrying photo's of their recently deceased relatives that I've drawn on with Joker makeup!!"

...Aaaaaand cleansed

Post #: 63
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 5/1/2013 12:20:30 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

People who bully and belittle others who disagree with them, and then use cop out excuses when challenged like "Oh I didn't mean you, I just meant in general!"

And then cry "personal attack" or "oh it's only my opinion, I'm allowed my opinion! Am I not allowed an opinion???" etc.

Or even more hilariously when they resort to hyperbole, "Look, I'm just saying people should stop whining, I'm not turning up at their houses covered in blood carrying photo's of their recently deceased relatives that I've drawn on with Joker makeup!!"

...Aaaaaand cleansed

This bit

quote:

It's usually the same people who say that who really lose it when someone else has an opinion they disagree with.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 64
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 5/1/2013 12:26:00 PM   
spark1

what about all this talk about 'red herrings' over 'into darkness'?

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 65
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 5/1/2013 12:29:44 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

"I'm turning up at their houses covered in blood carrying photo's of their recently deceased relatives that I've drawn on with Joker makeup!!"

The good ol'days

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 66
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 5/1/2013 12:36:18 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

"I'm turning up at their houses covered in blood carrying photo's of their recently deceased relatives that I've drawn on with Joker makeup!!"

The good ol'days

Oh damn, I forgot to add "While naked with tattoo's of Daniel Craig on my buttocks!"

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 67
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 5/1/2013 12:41:42 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

naked with Daniel Craig on my buttocks

I wonder how much it would take to bribe one of the mods to change another forum member's title to that...

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 68
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 5/1/2013 12:47:27 PM   
Hood_Man

Shool will do it, definitely Shool.

SHOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 69
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 5/1/2013 12:54:29 PM   
rawlinson

You need the appropriate cry for Shool

DY-NO-MITE! DY-NO-MITE!

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 70
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 5/1/2013 1:04:37 PM   
MovieAddict247

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

quote:

naked with Daniel Craig on my buttocks

I wonder how much it would take to bribe one of the mods to change another forum member's title to that...

VOTE NOW for your favourite vocalist - Empire's Favourite Voices

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 71
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 6/5/2013 10:54:49 AM   
xzynomorpher

While maybe not the worst, the sheer level of disdain and resentment that's coming from some Marvel fans towards Iron Man 3 for its second act twist is quite shocking.

Granted, I can understand why it may not satisfy everyone, but reading some of the comments, one would think that they were being persecuted by the entire planet or something.

(in reply to MovieAddict247)
Post #: 72
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 7/5/2013 3:14:50 PM   
Cool Breeze

The Trekkies who complain about the the new JJ Abrams Trekverse who claim '' ITS NOT REAL STAR TREK !!!!, ITS TOO ACTION PACKED AND EXCITING TO BE PROPER STAR TREK !!!!!!!! ''

They always remind me of this vid actually....http://youtu.be/02LgdXVkXgM

< Message edited by Cool Breeze -- 7/5/2013 3:24:08 PM >

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to xzynomorpher)
Post #: 73
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 7/5/2013 3:16:31 PM   
matty_b

Yeah, I hate fans of franchises who claim the new ones are too different and aren't the 'real ones.'

Wankers, the lot of 'em.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

Post #: 74
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 7/5/2013 3:36:21 PM   
Cool Breeze

Also the fanboys who cannot get around the fact that Man Of Steel is a complete reinvention of Superman and complain about John Williams themes not being used in the new film.

These people are seemingly unaware that every incarnation of Superman on screen has its own musical identity.The Reeve films had the themes composed by John Williams, the 90s animated series had themes composed by Shirley Walker, the Lois And Clark series had themes composed by Jay Gruska (etc).

Man Of Steel is yet another incarnation of a character who has existed in different media for 75 years now.From what iv heard of the MOS soundtrack by Hans Zimmer, it sounds great.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 75
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 7/5/2013 4:34:47 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

Yeah, I hate fans of franchises who claim the new ones are too different and aren't the 'real ones.'

Wankers, the lot of 'em.

Fascist.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 76
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 7/5/2013 4:35:19 PM   
Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

Wankers, the lot of 'em.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 77
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 7/5/2013 4:54:15 PM   
directorscut

quote:

Also the fanboys who cannot get around the fact that Man Of Steel is a complete reinvention of Superman

Really? It seems to me that they're just remaking Superman I & II.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

Post #: 78
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 7/5/2013 4:59:52 PM   
Cloud Cuckoo

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

Attack of the Clones.

5 stars.

Holy fucking shit. For real?

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

People who drone on endlessly about Daniel "Blonde Bond Bouncer Thug" Craig being wrong for the role and the stupid cunting gun barrel being in the wrong place.

Christ yeah. The gun barrel. "It's the wrong shape! It moves 1.5 degrees more to the left that it did in Dr No!" OH NO! Well now the orphans won't get new shoes!!!!

People who like the Chris Nolan Batmans can get decidedly arsey if you dare suggest they're a bit pretentious. To the point of saying you "just don't get films" (what someone said about Charlie Brooker for making the same observation).

I'd give the prize to my sister, though, for having the Star Trek symbol tattooed on the nape of her neck (long before the 'reboot'). I swear I was adopted.

In Thom we trust.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 79
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 7/5/2013 5:54:49 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

I'd give the prize to my sister, though, for having the Star Trek symbol tattooed on the nape of her neck (long before the 'reboot'). I swear I was adopted.

What's wrong with that?
Its her body.

(in reply to Cloud Cuckoo)
Post #: 80
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 7/5/2013 7:30:07 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

quote:

Also the fanboys who cannot get around the fact that Man Of Steel is a complete reinvention of Superman

Really? It seems to me that they're just remaking Superman I & II.

It doesn't seem to be a remake of Superman 1 and 2 anymore than Batman Begins was a remake of Batman '89

And there are going to be similarities of course with the origin pretty much the same for Superman in all incarnations.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 81
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 7/5/2013 8:42:49 PM   
Mr Gittes

I once had a months-sprawling argument on youtube with someone who thought James Cameron was by far the greatest director of all time. We also argued about his love for Avatar and hate for Fincher's Dragon Tattoo, but it was mainly his Cameron fanboy-ism that astonished me. It wasn't just that he thought he was the best director - because, come on, we all have our favourite - , it was how he thought that everything that Cameron squeezes out of his arse is high art and all "A-movies", and he was repeatedly stating this view as if it was a solid, concrete fact of life; that Cameron is THE greatest filmmaker and that he "makes the likes of Spielberg, PTA, Fincher and Altman look inept".

Jaw-dropping, isn't it? And, I shit you not, when I told him that I couldn't disagree with him more he actually said "Well, you're entitled to your opinion, however misguided it may be". I just couldn't believe that this guy was for real. But at the same time, who puts that amount of time and effort into trolling someone? That was about a year ago now, and about a month ago I had a look at that youtube video and saw that he was still there in the comments, comparing himself to Einstein because everybody thinks he's full of shit for loving Avatar and that in time it will be appreciated for the "true masterpiece it really is".

I can't believe how much time I wasted trying to convince this delusional twerp that film is a subjective medium and movie quality is a matter of opinion. So, whenever I hear/read the word "fanboy", or "hitting head against a brick wall" for that matter, I immediately think of that colossal prick.

Excuse my language, but trust me it's justified.

< Message edited by Mr Gittes -- 7/5/2013 8:44:12 PM >

Post #: 82
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 7/5/2013 11:01:21 PM   
Cloud Cuckoo

quote:

quote:

What's wrong with that?

The thread is about the most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've ever seen. Personally I find getting the logo from a television programme permanently etched onto your skin a bit more drastic than some keyboard warrior whinging about the new Bond. Call me old-fashioned.

I might add, she did in her 20s, now deeply regrets it and wears her hair down all the time.

quote:

Its her body.

Thanks for explaining that. I had no idea.

In Thom we trust.

Post #: 83
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 7/5/2013 11:13:19 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cloud Cuckoo

quote:

quote:

What's wrong with that?

The thread is about the most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've ever seen. Personally I find getting the logo from a television programme permanently etched onto your skin a bit more drastic than some keyboard warrior whinging about the new Bond. Call me old-fashioned.

I might add, she did in her 20s, now deeply regrets it and wears her hair down all the time.

quote:

Its her body.

Thanks for explaining that. I had no idea.

No problem.

(in reply to Cloud Cuckoo)
Post #: 84
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 7/5/2013 11:36:28 PM   
MonsterCat

A text book example of a fanboy making fun of fanboys on the internet...

Dogs and cats living together and so on...

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 85
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 8/5/2013 12:56:23 PM   
Dannybohy

Nolanites. got to be the worst displays I have ever seen

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to giggity)
Post #: 86
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 8/5/2013 2:47:51 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

Shocked and stunned that you would make a statement like that Dannybohy.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 87
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 8/5/2013 3:15:36 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

Shocked and stunned that you would make a statement like that Dannybohy.

Post #: 88
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 8/5/2013 3:16:32 PM   
Discodez

Of course being totally the other way and being an "Anti-Fan Boy" and deciding you're going to hate everything a certain film maker has anything to do with even before it's released and then go around web forums making stupid "anti" statements just to see if you can get a rise out of people is just the height of cool and not at all like being a troll in the slightest.

Post #: 89
RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? - 8/5/2013 3:53:43 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Discodez

Of course being totally the other way and being an "Anti-Fan Boy" and deciding you're going to hate everything a certain film maker has anything to do with even before it's released and then go around web forums making stupid "anti" statements just to see if you can get a rise out of people is just the height of cool and not at all like being a troll in the slightest.

Awesome..just awesome

(in reply to Discodez)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Most ridiculous display of fanboy-ism you've seen? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI