Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

TITANS WILL CLASH!!!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> TITANS WILL CLASH!!!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
TITANS WILL CLASH!!!! - 17/10/2012 8:19:42 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Man i love these movies! In 2010 Louis Letterier brought us Clash of the Titans, a remake of the 1981 movie of the same name. In 2012 Jonathan Liebesman brought us Wrath of the Titans. Both movies provide epic scale monster fights and action, with great casts. I'm still undecided as to which movie i prefer out of the two. Clash has so many great scenes, with the obvious highlight being the Kraken finale. I also love the medusa sequence and the battle with the giant scorpions. In Wrath we have a fantastic fight with a Chimera, the Cyclops giants in the forests and Kronos in the finale. I know these movies are not high art, but they are a lot of fun. Sure they could be a lot better with better scripting and stories but they deliver exactly what they set out to, and recall fondly the Ray Harryhausen movies of old. Getting Liam Neeson and Ralph Feinnes is a serious casting coup, and both actors add a lot to the franchise. Special mention also goes to Toby Kebbel in Wrath and Mads Mikkelson and Jason Fleming in Clash.

For the record, Wrath of the Titans looks amazing in 3D. I never saw the apparently horrendous 3D conversion of Clash, but the sequel is really impressive to behold. There are lots of great pop out shots but also fantastic depth and layers. I think 3D is how i prefer the sequel, whilst Clash of the Titans has a wonderful, reference quality 2D transfer on Blu.

I know there are a lot of haters out there, but for those who enjoy these movies, this thread is for you!

< Message edited by DONOVAN KURTWOOD -- 17/10/2012 8:33:26 PM >

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!
Post #: 1
RE: TITANS WILL CLASH!!!! - 17/10/2012 10:41:09 PM   
Cool Breeze

Saw the first and thought it was forgettable nonsense,but harmless forgettable nonsense.What is it with Sam Worthington starring in all these fx heavy movies? I wonder what would happen if he actually tried to act.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 2
RE: TITANS WILL CLASH!!!! - 17/10/2012 10:59:19 PM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

Saw the first and thought it was forgettable nonsense,but harmless forgettable nonsense.What is it with Sam Worthington starring in all these fx heavy movies? I wonder what would happen if he actually tried to act.

I suspect we'll never find out the answer to that question

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 3
RE: TITANS WILL CLASH!!!! - 18/10/2012 1:02:54 PM   
jcthefirst

I quite liked the first. Yeah, it was nonsense, but it was fun. Also, Gemma Arterton.

Haven't seen the second.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 4
RE: TITANS WILL CLASH!!!! - 18/10/2012 1:38:43 PM   
Vitamin F

First time I watched Clash I really didn't like it at all - not just disappointed, I mean I thought it was a terribly bad film in most regards except perhaps fx.

Watched it again a few days ago (to do a double bill with Wrath's first viewing, thought I'd at least give it another go) and it was like watching a different film! Must have been state of mind or something but not only was it nowhere near as bad as I remembered but I actually really enjoyed it (more than Wrath as it turns out, which I found a bit flat - maybe a second viewing of this in 2 years will fix that).

Gone were my feelings about the hammy acting and crappy Olympus scenes, Worthington's complete lack of charisma, the tension-lacking Medusa scene, everything really that I'd hated before. Result. Just purchased the double-film dvd package.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 5
RE: TITANS WILL CLASH!!!! - 19/10/2012 8:51:08 PM   
Nexus Wookie

I haven't watched Wrath, the first one was quite fun. But one thing that I felt let down about BIGTIME was Medusa - she looked so fucking unscary...and fake. I remember the original film as a kid, and when Medusa showed up I crapped my pants!

The Djinns were a welcome inclusion in Titans. As was the black pegasus.

< Message edited by Nexus Wookie -- 19/10/2012 8:54:15 PM >

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to Vitamin F)
Post #: 6
RE: TITANS WILL CLASH!!!! - 19/10/2012 10:25:34 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

I thought Medusa was awesome in Clash, loved the look. I also love Medusa from the original! Both different interpretations.

The Djinn were great and that was something the sequel lacked, having a monster on the side of the good guys.

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 7
RE: TITANS WILL CLASH!!!! - 20/10/2012 1:48:24 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

I was disappointed with the original, a lot of that may be down the horrible 3D at the cinema, I spent half the time squinting to avoid headaches. Still, I did buy the DVD so when I do rewatch it I hope it improves. I loved the second one though, great fun.

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 8
RE: TITANS WILL CLASH!!!! - 20/10/2012 8:44:17 AM   
NCC1701A

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

Try watching  Man on a Ledge. Loved the first film was not that fussed on Wrath that much.

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> TITANS WILL CLASH!!!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI