Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

The Best (And Worst) Schwarzenegger Movie Novelisations

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> The Best (And Worst) Schwarzenegger Movie Novelisations Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Best (And Worst) Schwarzenegger Movie Novelisations - 16/10/2012 10:35:41 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Arnie Novelisations - 16/10/2012 10:35:41 AM   
Rob2175

I read the Predator and Running Man ones when I was a kid. The Predator one was pretty good, similar to the film in how the team get killed. On the plus side compared to the film as well you find out how Billy died in the book.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 16/10/2012 1:10:14 PM   
DanTDavies

A case of I'll be paperback?

I'll get me coat.

PS Came across running man in a charity shop and actually really rather enjoyed it :) Normally really hate Stephen "self indulgent git" King

Post #: 3
Running Man Novel - 16/10/2012 1:33:46 PM   
Liverpoolfc

This is one of my favourite books of all time. Class from start to finish, proper dark and violent. I would really love someone to make a film that is actually based the book. I wouldn't agree with the above that Ben ''is scrawny and unhealthy'', he is a man mountain that breaks grown men in half and refuses to die. Arnie would have been perfect in his pomp for the role. Amazing ending also.

Post #: 4
RE: Running Man Novel - 16/10/2012 5:48:26 PM   
DanTDavies

quote:

ORIGINAL: Liverpoolfc

This is one of my favourite books of all time. Class from start to finish, proper dark and violent. I would really love someone to make a film that is actually based the book. I wouldn't agree with the above that Ben ''is scrawny and unhealthy'', he is a man mountain that breaks grown men in half and refuses to die. Arnie would have been perfect in his pomp for the role. Amazing ending also.

Alas they would never ever film the ending...

(in reply to Liverpoolfc)
Post #: 5
- 17/10/2012 2:19:18 AM   
BenTramer

That's a really unusual, well-researched article, Empire, well done. I bought Paul Monette's version of Scarface at a junk sale. You find out a lot more about Tony Montana than you do in the film. You find out how he got his scar (I believe he screwed some general's wife and had his cheek opened up with a straight razor). You also read about his expulsion from Cuba with the great line: "Go suck the tit of the bitch whore America!"

Post #: 6
True Lies - 18/10/2012 1:34:36 PM   
KubrickSmith

You didn't cover True Lies, which I still haev somewhere. The only major difference fro the film I remember is that his wife gets topless. I was so disappointed when I rewatched the film afterwards.

Post #: 7
RE: Running Man Novel - 27/11/2014 11:48:41 AM   
jaheen100

Which is the best movie for you?

(in reply to Osric)
Post #: 8
RE: Running Man Novel - 1/12/2014 10:08:09 AM   
Osric

quote:

ORIGINAL: Liverpoolfc

I wouldn't agree with the above that Ben ''is scrawny and unhealthy'', he is a man mountain that breaks grown men in half

I just re-read this book and you're completely wrong about this - so if it's your favourite you must REALLY be projecting Arnie onto it to make it fit what you want it to be. The only real description of Richards in the book is "lanky", but King also says that Richards expects his games coverall to hang off him and be too big. When he's stuck in the pipes he only manages to wriggle out because he's thin because he's malnourished. And he never ONCE even gets in a fist fight. He certainly never breaks anyone in half. He's all about ingenuity, not strength. Although he can certainly take some punishment.

(in reply to Liverpoolfc)
Post #: 9
RE: Running Man Novel - 1/12/2014 10:08:51 AM   
Osric

quote:

ORIGINAL: jaheen100

Which is the best movie for you?

Predator.

(in reply to jaheen100)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> The Best (And Worst) Schwarzenegger Movie Novelisations Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI