Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Short Washing Machines

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Knowledge Base >> Short Washing Machines Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Short Washing Machines - 13/10/2012 10:53:46 PM   
elab49

I was wondering if anyone could give me a steer on this.

I'm trying to replace my MiL's washing machine. It's freestanding but fits under a counter. The current one is a very tight squeeze - height 82cm. I'm trying to find one marginally shorter, even a cm or so, but Google isn't helping here and I've spent ages looking at individual specifications as you can search by load but not dimensions on most sites.

It's not a mini machine - it's a 5kg load at the moment and 82cm is the minimum I've found anywhere. Anyone got any ideas for that kind of load but just a bit shorter?

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome
Post #: 1
RE: Short Washing Machines - 14/10/2012 3:28:33 PM   
UTB

www.appliancesonline.co.uk allows you to search in height ranges (60-70, 70-80, 80-90).

Silly question, but is 82 the height of the gap or the height of the current one? If the height of the current one, does it have the feet heightened?

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 2
RE: Short Washing Machines - 14/10/2012 3:38:27 PM   
elab49

It's not a silly question given the people I was getting info from 

It's the height per the manual and when it was slid in it was on the floor.

I'd been in that site but their category is 80cm - 90cm with over 100 machines (and only 1 in the category below). That's one of the reasons I thought I'd ask if anyone had any ideas in here - I still had to go into each of them individually.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 3
RE: Short Washing Machines - 14/10/2012 7:46:54 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Am I the only one who came into this thread wondering why elab needed a washing machine just for washing shorts?

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 4
RE: Short Washing Machines - 14/10/2012 8:38:48 PM   
elab49

I don't think my 88yo MiL owns any 

It looks like we'll need to keep to 82cm if we want to keep to 5kg. We'll move it out tomorrow and work out just how squeezed in it is.

quote:

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Knowledge Base >> Short Washing Machines Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI